Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Life Saving Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Saving Advice Needed (1144 Views)

Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman / S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction. / Money Saving Tips For Our Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Saving Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2011
a young lady who happens to be my neighbour approached me asking for advice.
According to her, she is scared if she doesn't do something quickly she will loose her husband. The man is on the big side and quite rich but he has some health issues.
She said it started gradually and anytime she asks him to go to the hospital he will say she is not spiritual.
The mother in law happens to be a prophetess in one of these cac based churches who believe every sickness is spiritual attack and the man has the belief too. Sometimes he goes but uses the drug the way he likes while preferring prayer water and anointing oil.
Of recent the man fell sick and after much pressure he went to the hospital where he was told to have a bed rest because his heart is at risk. Even at that the mother in law is still insisting the man is under spiritual attack and they want him dead, its not a matter of hospital. [flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by ifyalways(f): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
^. . .And

From the much you've posted my deductions are:
The man does not love himself or life BUT he should be well aware that when he dies,his "office" another man would take.
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
sorry noticed some part of the post is missing

the main issue here i think is how to convince her husband to go for proper medical treatment while having to contend with the fact that her mother in law who is a prophetess is insisting his sickness is spiritual. She prefers he treats himself with prayer water,anointing oil and calendars of men of God.
The man listens to his mum most of the time.

Although i only told her to take it easy and be more prayerful, deep inside me i know its going to require more than that. That is why i put it on this forum . Thanks
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by Smilenw(f): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
SMH !

Well, the woman has to be tactful. She has to play along and agree to every word her MIL and hubby says and she should stop bringing up the topic of hospital for a few days. Then when they are fully convinced, just say she has had a dream or something about taking him to a certain doctor (she can discreetly find out about the best cardiologist around) and then convince them to meet the doctor. I'm sure God will forgive her for lying wink
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
Who knows if the mother is ready to kill her son, the wife should shaaa!!! be working and open her eyes. Because if you do not go to the hospital in this age and time, i wonder when you would visit the hospital.? His paracetamol is on the 'mountain''.
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
Dont know what to say, this happens all the time and our people always believe the 'men and women of God' even when they are fake.
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
thanks for your reply
knowing the kind of society we find ourselves if anything goes wrong with that man, these same people will accuse her of killing the man.
I was thinking of telling her to talk to her husband again about the importance of getting proper medical attention. If she can notice clearly the man is not bulging, she should escalate the issue, she said he has a senior brother who is outside nigeria. let him know and make it clear if anything goes wrong she won't take any responsibility for it. She can as well confide in her own mum just for future references. The man and his mum may take offence but she would have passed her message across without being confrontational.
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by ogele: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
From what you wrote the man in the first is maopic to have believe that every thing that happen to him is spiritual...As i am i don't even believe the spiritual thing. Is high time people should face reality....The man should go for a proper medical check-up...and since they have told him he need to rest then he should adhere to the medical advise, and if HE ignore the advice then he is a fool. Thank you for coming up with this issue. BB PIN 28E179D4
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by MyneWhite1(f): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
She should in her own way ensure he follows the doctors orders.
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
She should at least make sure the man has prepared his will, and in the event that he does not make it, she is at least able to take care of the kids and the home.

It is 2012, not 1912. Anyone who is exposed but still chooses to cling to medieval modes of thinking is free to do so. Unfortunately, the woman has has hands sort of tied here. I bet she has talked to him about this issue before now, only now the situation is more dire, and judging from the way these spiritual circle deals work, she is not going to get them to change their minds overnight, and he could die any minute . . .. we are talking of the human heart here.

If the worst happens, next time, she better go for a more educated and enlightened man. I mean what else do you say when you read this kind of story in the year 2012? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Life Saving Advice Needed by ogele: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
I wish you can read this some day to come... contact me.. your friend in Lagos.. i lost my contact.

(1) (Reply)

Parents Background / If You Were In Their Shoes,what Will You Do? / Woman Caught Her House Help Sucking Blood From Her 4years-old Daughter’s Nostril

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.