Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman (6086 Views)

9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity / I Have Questions Concerning Marriage, As A Young Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
The greatest height of fulfilment a woman can have in life is deeply rooted in creating and maintaining a peaceful home radiating an ever increasing love,joy and mutual understanding. It's not in fashion, it's not in feminism, not in quest for egalitarianism but in successfully being a wife and a mother simultaneously.

Keeping your home can come quite handy and sometimes proves difficult. No one can deny the increase in population of husband snatchers within and without. Many homes are currently sitting on a time bomb, many are going down the pit of destruction and many today have given up their marriage and patiently, they are waiting for the divorce notice.

But do you know you can still balance your unstable marriage? Do you actually realize that the future of your marriage simply lies on your shoulder? Do you know that an action from you can possibly change things for good? And more action for better? And a little more action for best? Even if it appears you are loosing it or probably have lost it, do you know that you can still save your marriage and once again be a wife and a mother you once were?

Here are tips to save your drowning marriage

1. Face Reality And Identify The Problem : Living in the fantasy can be devastating and catastrophic in every little chance given.Most of the times I have watch my mother smile and laugh heartily to visitors whenever they came visiting. I watch her say all is well when nothing is well anywhere. You cannot save what you deem standing, you can only save what is drowning, what you feel and see is perishing. There are things that makes a marriage a marriage: conjugal rights, undivided trust and attention,love and duties among many other vital and important things. Once you see any of this declining it is your duty as a wife to acknowledge these problems. A sailor when faced with raging storm don't pretend all is well he acknowledges the enemy.

2. Take Your Stand: When the storm approaches the captain don't stay in the deck and begins to slumber of folds his hands.He takes charge as one in charge.He tells the storm I understand you are in charge of the wind and sea but I am in charge of this ship. You must realize in case you have not that you are the one God puts in charge of your home.You are the key to the success of your marriage. Your husband is not the key,you are.To save your marriage you must act on this simply truth, the destiny of your marriage lies in your hands and your hands alone.

3. Makes Plan To Save Your Home : Like the sailor, the storm is an intruder, an enemy capable of turning his ship over into the sea, making his passengers food for whales.The sailor does not only affirm his position he goes ahead to make plans on how to counter the raging storm. Affirming your position gives you an edge making plan to save your home and marriage gives you more than a edge. Whatever the storm is make plan to counter it.

4. Never Give Up On Your Marriage: When you give up on something there is little or nothing you can do for that thing. As a wife and a mother giving up on your marriage and home is something bad.When you do so you give up on your children and the love of your life.Friends may tell you it can't work but always tell yourself it will work.A sailor endure the storm till he has a good landing. Have hope in your marriage and keep finding solutions to the problems you are facing.

5. Pray For Your Home: The last thing Satan will want is a Happy home.And the key to a Happy home is you.Always do your best in praying for your home.Prayers goes a long way than you can ever imagine.

In life they say there is always an option B but for a woman there is only one option and that is success.And success is the ability to be a wife and a mother simultaneously. Remember any woman that cannot keep a home as failed in everything.

Your home is yours to keep and save.

Written by Highcuerayte

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by djcliff(m): 12:06am On Oct 13, 2015
true talk. the lord will see us true.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Kimoni: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The greatest height of fulfilment a woman can have in life is deeply rooted in creating and maintaining a peaceful home radiating an ever increasing love,joy and mutual understanding. It's not in fashion, it's not in feminism, not in quest for egalitarianism but in successfully being a wife and a mother simultaneously.

Keeping your home can come quite handy and sometimes proves difficult. No one can deny the increase in population of husband snatchers within and without. Many homes are currently sitting on a time bomb, many are going down the pit of destruction and many today have given up their marriage and patiently, they are waiting for the divorce notice.

But do you know you can still balance your unstable marriage? Do you actually realize that the future of your marriage simply lies on your shoulder? Do you know that an action from you can possibly change things for good? And more action for better? And a little more action for best? Even if it appears you are loosing it or probably have lost it, do you know that you can still save your marriage and once again be a wife and a mother you once were?

Here are tips to save your drowning marriage

1. Face Reality And Identify The Problem : Living in the fantasy can be devastating and catastrophic in every little chance given.Most of the times I have watch my mother smile and laugh heartily to visitors whenever they came visiting. I watch her say all is well when nothing is well anywhere. You cannot save what you deem standing, you can only save what is drowning, what you feel and see is perishing. There are things that makes a marriage a marriage: conjugal rights, undivided trust and attention,love and duties among many other vital and important things. Once you see any of this declining it is your duty as a wife to acknowledge these problems. A sailor when faced with raging storm don't pretend all is well he acknowledges the enemy.

2. Take Your Stand: When the storm approaches the captain don't stay in the deck and begins to slumber of folds his hands.He takes charge as one in charge.He tells the storm I understand you are in charge of the wind and sea but I am in charge of this ship. You must realize in case you have not that you are the one God puts in charge of your home.You are the key to the success of your marriage. Your husband is not the key,you are To save your marriage you must act on this simply truth, the destiny of your marriage lies in your hands and your hands alone.

3. Makes Plan To Save Your Home : Like the sailor, the storm is an intruder, an enemy capable of turning his ship over into the sea, making his passengers food for whales.The sailor does not only affirm his position he goes ahead to make plans on how to counter the raging storm. Affirming your position gives you an edge making plan to save your home and marriage gives you more than a edge. Whatever the storm is make plan to counter it.

4. Never Give Up On Your Marriage: When you give up on something there is little or nothing you can do for that thing. As a wife and a mother giving up on your marriage and home is something bad.When you do so you give up on your children and the love of your life.Friends may tell you it can't work but always tell yourself it will work.A sailor endure the storm till he has a good landing. Have hope in your marriage and keep finding solutions to the problems you are facing.

5. Pray For Your Home: The last thing Satan will want is a Happy home.And the key to a Happy home is you.Always do your best in praying for your home.Prayers goes a long way than you can ever imagine.

In life they say there is always an option B but for a woman there is only one option and that is success.And success is the ability to be a wife and a mother simultaneously. Remember any woman that cannot keep a home as failed in everything.

Your home is yours to keep and save.

Written by Highcuerayte

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala

Sorry highcuerayte - as much as I appreciate and commend the intention behind your post, you have made a lot of fallacious, biased and unrealistic assumptions to look like facts.

I didn't want to quote you before but I will and bold some of these untrue statements.

The biggest nonsense you wrote is your closing line saying a woman who cannot keep her home has failed in everything. I have never seen so much rubbish in one post.

Pray tell, what's the man's responsibility in all what you have written? Is he just a figure head? He takes all the glory for the success but takes no blame if it fails? Is that biblical?

Can two work together except they are in agreement? So how can you blame one party only if two people cannot agree on something?

Can the blind lead the blind? In a situation where the "head" is not leading the family alright, how then do you still blame the woman if the marriage fails?

My point is - the man is as responsible for the success or failure of the marriage as much as the woman is. I may even go further to say he is more resonsible in keeping the family intact cuz he is the natural head of the family unit.

28 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 7:17am On Oct 13, 2015
Kimoni:

Sorry highcuerayte - as much as I appreciate and commend the intention behind your post, you have made a lot of fallacious, biased and unrealistic assumptions to look like facts.

I didn't want to quote you before but I will and bold some of these untrue statements.

The biggest nonsense you wrote is your closing line saying a woman who cannot keep her home has failed in everything. I have never seen so much rubbish in one post.

Pray tell, what's the man's responsibility in all what you have written? Is he just a figure head? He takes all the glory for the success but takes no blame if it fails? Is that biblical?

Can two work together except they are in agreement? So how can you blame one party only if two people cannot agree on something?

Can the blind lead the blind? In a situation where the "head" is not leading the family alright, how then do you still blame the woman if the marriage fails?

My point is - the man is as responsible for the success or failure of the marriage as much as the woman is. I may even go further to say he is more resonsible in keeping the family intact cuz he is the natural head of the family unit.
Thank you for the reprehensible remarks. It is not for fun I wrote "A woman that cannot keep a home as failed in everything" To you it might seems unrealistic but that is the truth.

A woman's duty is to protect her home,Eve was made to be a helper to Adam but which kind of helper,and which way is she to help? On their home; the garden of Eden. Remember Adam was to keep and dress his home but he cannot do it he needs someone to keep it for him and that's why we have Eve.Eve is to keep the home but when she failed what happened to their garden home?

My audience basically are women.I wrote this for women who are loosing their marriage.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Kimoni: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Thank you for the reprehensible remarks. It is not for fun I wrote "A woman that cannot keep a home as failed in everything" To you it might seems unrealistic but that is the truth.

A woman's duty is to protect her home,Eve was made to be a helper to Adam but which kind of helper,and which way is she to help? On their home; the garden of Eden. Remember Adam was to keep and dress his home but he cannot do it he needs someone to keep it for him and that's why we have Eve.Eve is to keep the home but when she failed what happened to their garden home?

My audience basically are women.I wrote this for women who are loosing their marriage.

If Eve is indeed the only one to blame for the fall at Eden, what did God mete out punishment to Adam?

Unfortunately, your audience is not restricted to women alone. Men and women, young and old are reading this post of yours and may get the wrong notion that the success of their home, current or future, rest solely on one person. I say emphatically, this is a LIE.

18 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 13, 2015
When my husband counsels, he tells the man that he has a very big responsibllity for the course of the marriage

As the head, you direct the course of the journey
You have people looking up to you, copying you and responding to your leadership style; good or bad
If your leadership is flawed you cannot have a peaceful tenure
As a leader you need so many qualites such as fairness, motivation, integrity, hardwork and a whole heap of other responsibilities

A lot of the responsibility is placed upon the woman but infact it is the leader who is responsible. Needless to say, the woman is not excused and she has her own responsibilities too.

Having said all that a happy and peaceful marriage is one of the best things that can happen to one (both husband and wife) and you find that in a happy marriage everyone excels because 2 are working together
On the other hand a failing marriage drains the couple, makes the kids fearful for their future and you will see each party making mistakes becasue their minds are not there.

Both have to work hand in hand to get the marriage to work. One person cant do it all.

9 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2015
Kimoni:

If Eve is indeed the only one to blame for the fall at Eden, what did God mete out punishment to Adam?

Unfortunately, your audience is not restricted to women alone. Men and women, young and old are reading this post of yours and may get the wrong notion and the success of their home, current or future, rest solely on one person. I say emphatically, this is a LIE.

With due respect sir, your opinion is highly irrelevant not logically but figuratively irrelevant.

That you are reading this sir doesn't make you my audience as it will be useless to you and as such profit you nothing.But those women struggling to regain their home,those women,it will be useful to them they will get the message.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:
When my husband counsels, he tells the man that he has a very big responsibllity for the course of the marriage

As the head, you direct the course of the journey
You have people looking up to you, copying you responding to your leadership style.
If your leadership is flawed you cannot have a peaceful tenure
As a leader you need so many qualites such as fairness, motivation, integrity, hardwork and a whole heap of other responsibilities

A lot of the responsibility is placed upon the woman but infact it is the leader who is responsible. Needless to say, the woman is not excused and she has her own responsibilities too.

Having said all that a happy and peaceful marriage is one of the best things that can happen to one (both husband and wife) and you find that in a happy marriage everyone excels because 2 are working together
On the other hand a failing marriage drains the couple, makes the kids fearful for their future and you will see each party making mistakes becasue their minds are not there.

Both have to work hand in hand to get the marriage to work. One person cant do it all.
And that is why I include point 1 & 2. This allow you to create the link again.It allows you to reach again to your husband. It helps you to get him involved.

In a point when the leader is not listening or leading a woman who wants to keep her home make plan to get him to listen and get him to lead.That's the main point of the write up.You have got to initiate it as a woman.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
And that is why sir, I include point 1 & 2. This allow you to create the link again.It allows you to reach again to your husband. It helps you to get him involved.

yes but she alone cannot save a drowing marriage
neither can he
They both need to be commited to the cause

4 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:

neither can he
I quite agree with you. But in the extreme when the husband care less whatever happens to the marriage then it rest on her.Or don't you agree
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Onegai(f): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2015
Oh boy, another thread telling women how to "save" their marriages! grin

Walai, if I was a Nigerian man, I'd be so ashamed that my own society thinks I'm incapable of being a leader and keeping my marriage and family intact. That apparently my own society believed that the only job is to put the ring on her finger, be indolent with chores and responsibility, father children and make some money. Which the average woman is now able to do successfully on her own. Which makes the man redundant.

How can men keep being happy with such mediocrity and even worse, it's other men telling you "hey dude, don't do any work or heavy lifting in your marriage! "? Talk about the bar being set so low...

undecided

10 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:26am On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:

neither can he
I quite agree with you. But in the extreme when the husband care less whatever happens to the marriage then it rest on her if she have interest of saving her marriage.Or don't you agree?
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Onegai:
Oh boy, another thread telling women how to "save" their marriages! grin

Walai, if I was a Nigerian man, I'd be so ashamed that my own society thinks I'm incapable of being a leader and keeping my marriage and family intact. That apparently my own society believed that the only job is to put the ring on her finger, be indolent with chores and responsibility, father children and make some money. Which the average woman is now able to do successfully on her own. Which makes the man redundant.

How can men keep being happy with such mediocrity and even worse, it's other men telling you "hey dude, don't do any work or heavy lifting in your marriage! "? Talk about the bar being set so low...

undecided
Always try reading things with open mind.It helps a lot.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
And that is why I include point 1 & 2. This allow you to create the link again.It allows you to reach again to your husband. It helps you to get him involved.

In a point when the leader is not listening or leading a woman who wants to keep her home make plan to get him to listen and get him to lead.That's the main point of the write up.You have got to initiate it as a woman.

But you just said the woman is the leader in point 2

Sir, 2 people go into a marriage and the 2 have to be totally commited to make it work
There are no short cuts to it
Yes there will be times when one party is not pulling all his/her weight but those times will not always be due to the same one party nor too often or the whole thing will collapse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Onegai(f): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:

You know, if a woman has to initiate a man's leadership skills, then he's probably not the leader, she is. I'm just stating logic. Or at work, do you initiate everything so your boss comes and then does his/her job? Wouldn't that make him a poor boss?

5 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2015
Onegai:

You know, if a woman has to initiate a man's leadership skills, then he's probably not the leader, she is. I'm just stating logic. Or at work, do you initiate everything so your boss comes and then does his/her job? Wouldn't that make him a poor boss?
What do you say about a man who keep cheating on his wife? The wife won't do anything to help him regain his lost sense?
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:

But you just said the woman is the leader in point 2

Sir, 2 people go into a marriage and the 2 have to be totally commited to make it work
There are no short cuts to it
Yes there will be times when one party is not pulling all his/her weight but those times will not always be due to the same one party nor too often or the whole thing will collapse.
Expected they are to be committed and when the husband is not committed the wife helps her to be committed and vice versa. It's because in this post of mine the women happens to be the victims that's why I put them in that perspective. Had it been men were the victims struggling to save their marriage I had write in that line too.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Onegai(f): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
What do you say about a man who keep cheating on his wife? The wife won't do anything to help him regain his lost sense?

What do you do about the MD of a company embezzling corporate funds? Will you the junior staff not try to help him regain his lost senses? How will you go about it, after you counsel him and he refuses to listen? Will your very nice and sweet and disciplined behaviour change his ways? Because if that's so, then the real reason Nigeria is so bad is not the corrupt leaders, but the people under them. So it's not GEJ's fault he couldn't control his Min of Petroleum, Diezani. It's Diezani's job to be a saint so that GEJ would be a better president. Right...

7 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Onegai:

What do you do about the MD of a company embezzling corporate funds? Will you the junior staff not try to help him regain his lost senses? How will you go about it, after you counsel him and he refuses to listen? Will your very nice and sweet and disciplined behaviour change his ways? Because if that's so, then the real reason Nigeria is so bad is not the corrupt leaders, but the people under them. So it's not GEJ's fault he couldn't control his Min of Petroleum, Diezani. It's Diezani's job to be a saint so that GEJ would be a better president. Right...

You deem it women are inferior to men?

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Onegai(f): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
You deem it women are inferior to men?

grin bros answer my question: is the president more powerful than his ministers and is it the ministers' duty to control the president and do the president's job all the time? Shebi women are meant to be doing all the heavy lifting saving their marriages and men are the leaders, according to your words.

No dey use question dodge another question o... you're trying to misdirect. Answer: is the leader meant to shoulder more responsibility and take the blame for a failed project more than his follower?

If you cannot answer, please go away and keep checking if OAU cut-off mark for Biochemistry is out (i hope you made it though smiley )

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by An2elect2(f): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte when i see the male version of this thread, i will come back and like your post

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Highcuerayte: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2015
An2elect2:
Highcuerayte when i see the male version of this thread, i will come back and like your post
Okies
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Captainswag225(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2015
well said o.p but at times when a marriage is over. Its over and there is nothing that can save it....... U dont have to risk ur life over it. The best is to move on.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Kimoni: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
With due respect sir, your opinion is highly irrelevant not logically but figuratively irrelevant.

That you are reading this sir doesn't make you my audience as it will be useless to you and as such profit you nothing.But those women struggling to regain their home,those women,it will be useful to them they will get the message.

You assume too much
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by teddybear007(f): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte:
I quite agree with you. But in the extreme when the husband care less whatever happens to the marriage then it rest on her if she have interest of saving her marriage.Or don't you agree?

Why am I speechless at dis ur comment? Infact am thrilled!!!!
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by raumdeuter: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte

Ok lets act it out

Assuming I am the man, You are the wife we are having issues. I dont want to try

What would you as the woman do.

Write the scenario and I would give you an unco-operative husbands response

kimoni, you just siddon dey look us
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by TooNoisy(f): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Can the mods just delete this useless thread. OP just shut up okay. You are not even coherent neither are you making any sense.

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Kimoni: 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

***watching from the sidelines***

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by yougosee: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Highcuerayte don't worry, we get you.
There are some of us still very interested in fighting for our "gone-astray" husbands.
Yes, we are ready to forgive him a hundred times over.
That's just who we are.
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
yougosee:
Highcuerayte don't worry, we get you.
There are some of us still very interested in fighting for our "gone-astray" huusbands.
Yes, we are ready to forgive him a hundred times over.
That's just who we are.

Who are you again?
Re: Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman by yougosee: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

Who are you again?
Forgiveness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pampers Vs Napkin / Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience / 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.