Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire (32892 Views)

Pictures From The Dedication Of RCCG City Of David Trinity Towers / RCCG City Of David Opens Dating Site For Mature Singles Online / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Tabithatim: 6:37am On Feb 01
The Household of David church in Surulere Street, Adeniyi Jones in the Ikeja Local Government Area of Lagos State has lost its multi-million naira church auditorium to a fire incident that gutted the church building.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the incident occurred at about 10:00 am on Wednesday.

Confirming the incident to our correspondent in a phone interview, the Lagos State Fire Service spokesperson, Amodu Shakiri, disclosed that the church’s auditorium ceiling was overheating, which caused it to collapse and ignite a fire.

He added that the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service’s Alausa and Ikeja Fire Stations, LASAMBUS, LASEMA, and Red Cross were the relevant agencies present at the scene.

Shakiri said the property damaged by the fire included the church’s furnishings and the auditorium.

He said, “The fire was however made to confine within the church’s auditorium it started from while salvaging adjoining properties. The relevant agencies involved were the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Alausa and Ikeja fire stations, LASAMBUS, LASEMA, and Red Cross. And the property involved in the destruction of the fire included the auditorium and church-hold items.

Reacting to the tragedy, the Senior Pastor of Household of David, Olusola Osunmakinde, in a video on Instagram, said, “It is a painful experience.”

According to Osunmakinde, a passerby made fun of him by inquiring, “Where was Jesus when this happened?”

He said the church’s air conditioners, chairs, and other equipment were all burnt.

He said, “As we know, ‘Mercy Conference’ starts today, but something happened that I just want to put a message out there to people. I came here this morning, everybody was setting up, everything was going fine. All of a sudden, we started hearing that there was fire and something up there on the roof of the church. I know there will be reactions, and people will say that and that, but that is none of my concern now.

“The most important thing is this, we thank God no life was lost and we thank God for everything. We are not too discouraged but we believe in God that we will still go on with the conference.

“It is a painful experience no doubt, even someone walked into the compound mocking, saying, ‘Where is Jesus when this happened?’ We don’t owe people an answer, all we believe is that all things work together. We will not back out because of this but by the grace of God, all things work together for good.”
https://punchng.com/house-of-david-loses-multi-million-naira-lagos-church-to-fire/

LASG Fire Service Responds

Fire Emergency!

Time of Call: 10:47hrs

Scene of Incident: 7 Surulere Street, Industrial Estate, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos

Description: An expanse church auditorium belonging to Household of David Church erupted in Fire from smoke that emanated from the ceiling.

Situation Update: Fire is presently under control as dampen down progresses to bring operations to conclusion.

The Fire was however made to confined within the church auditorium it started from while salvaging adjoining properties.

Attendance: LagosRescue Alausa and Ikeja Crews

Property Involved: Auditorium and church-hold items

Supposed Cause: Investigation to reveal in due course

Casualty: Nil

Margaret Adeseye
Director

3 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:41am On Feb 01
Eyah this is disheartening

God through the help of his Son Lord Jesus Christ will rebuild Him church.

Alleluia!

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Opintiwa: 6:41am On Feb 01
Insurance go pay .

Fear them pastors🤣🤣🤣

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by HappyPagan: 6:49am On Feb 01
"“It is a painful experience no doubt, even someone walked into the compound mocking, saying, ‘Where is Jesus when this happened?’"
Jesus was there, watching. He cried as the church burnt down. The church members go build back wetin no good.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by cijiy: 6:49am On Feb 01
Okay now, na d church members wan donate now to rebuild m

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by ImoleNaija: 6:49am On Feb 01
Confirming the incident to our correspondent in a phone interview, the Lagos State Fire Service spokesperson, Amodu Shakiri, disclosed that the church’s auditorium ceiling was overheating, which caused it to collapse and ignite a fire.

Could this really be the cause

The most important thing is this, we thank God no life was lost and we thank God for everything. We are not too discouraged but we believe in God that we will still go on with the conference.

Exactly! Thank God for that.

10 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by chrysso83(m): 6:49am On Feb 01
Na wao
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Otulented: 6:49am On Feb 01
Business people

2 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Marvieduke(f): 6:50am On Feb 01
What a sad inccedent, I hope they insured the building.

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by hugaga: 6:50am On Feb 01
This is amazing
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by chopnaira: 6:50am On Feb 01
A finer one will be rebuilt.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by bgites: 6:50am On Feb 01
Such a sad day in that church. Thanks to God it didn't happen on a Sunday.

4 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Flame333: 6:50am On Feb 01
Let the righteous say it is well..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by frenzzy2(m): 6:52am On Feb 01
Tabithatim:

https://punchng.com/house-of-david-loses-multi-million-naira-lagos-church-to-fire/

LASG Fire Service Responds

so church no go dey on Sunday be that na
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Nteogwuija(m): 6:52am On Feb 01
The head of the church looked on as the church burned.

The members still won't use their brain at this point. They'll say God has a better plan for the church.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by incogni2o: 6:52am On Feb 01
I hope it wasn't arson, what would cause fire in a church with 24/7 security.

I know the church and people are always inside.

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by okomile(f): 6:53am On Feb 01
Ile oba to jo, ewa lo bu si

It will be rebuilt

Thank God no life was lost

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Franking: 6:53am On Feb 01
I bet fire service only came after the fire had destroyed everything. The Pastor's God was on vacation.
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Emmy450(m): 6:53am On Feb 01
Surely the church members would be made to pay more tithe and offering for a new edifice

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by FalseProphet1(m): 6:54am On Feb 01
I see generous people donating money to that church, I see that church being rebuilt before June this year.

This I have seen.

15 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by fearlessfang: 6:54am On Feb 01
Bb
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by ImoleNaija: 6:55am On Feb 01
Franking:
I bet fire service only came after the fire had destroyed everything. The Pastor's God was on vacation.

Lagos Fire Service dey try oo

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by BigDawsNet: 6:55am On Feb 01
The children of God will rebuild it...

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by shopwiser: 6:55am On Feb 01
cijiy:
Okay now, na d church members wan donate now to rebuild m
not only that. Insurance will pay the pastor and the pastor will make its gullible members contribute again to rebuilding it after Insurance has paid. Infact this fire should be investigated especially if the building isn't renovated but also expanded.

1 Like

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by sslcrypt: 6:55am On Feb 01
Emmy450:
Surely the church members would be made to pay more tithe and offering for a new edifice

You will be amazed how the wiring will be so deadly and dangerous. Electricians in Nigeria are now becoming death traps, they seriously need re-education and training.

6 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Pat081: 6:55am On Feb 01
incogni2o:
I hope it wasn't intentional, what would cause fire in a church with 24/7 security.
fire will not tell you b4 it will happen

3 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by GloriousGbola: 6:55am On Feb 01
Ceiling was overheating. Who are the people that repeat and publish daft statements like this?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by DARLINGTON869(m): 6:55am On Feb 01
This is not normal
Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by azpekuliar: 6:56am On Feb 01
I would be very worried if that was a factory, a church? IDGAF! It can burn down multiple times for all I care. Same if it was a mosque too. We would be better off with way less of them around.

4 Likes

Re: House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire by Anguldi(m): 6:57am On Feb 01
E loud oOoOO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Hounoured By Lawmakers In America. Photos / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms / Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.