Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February (18990 Views)

Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Gov. Ikpeazu Lists Six Projects For Commissioning In May, Fixes Dates (video) / First Railways Assembly Plant In Nigeria Near Commissioning In Kajola, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Drshobz(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01
IamAtikulate:
The plant is already working, but at below capacity. I think they have sorted their gas problems and are now set to operate at FULL capacity - 24/7 power supply. Aba is no longer on the national grid. The city now generates, transmits, and distributes it power.

Our Yoruba brothers should learn how to develop their cities.

Stop all these tribal sentiment
It has not gotten us anywhere

Funny enough I am sure u re not from Abia State
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by tuboi: 6:30pm On Feb 01
MrProlific95:
Power is not cheap

Power isn’t too expensive for Nigerians. Aren’t we buying fuel and diesel at the current price?
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Saint99: 6:34pm On Feb 01
I hope that is not the case here. Power generation without an effective structure for transmission and distribution only leads to wasted power.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by bluefilm: 6:43pm On Feb 01
Otti is working

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by NaijaGoBetter2: 7:23pm On Feb 01
IamAtikulate:

Yoruba man develop your towns and stop writing long epistles.

It's an advice not tribalism
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by NaijaGoBetter2: 7:27pm On Feb 01
IamAtikulate:

Yoruba man develop your towns and stop writing long epistles.

It's an advice not tribalism

For your mind only Yooluba and Ibo use internet undecided undecided undecided undecided Dabba wawa

It's a pity you're going to end up your life this way... smh....
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by tnerro1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01
Nice one from Mr Barth, I remember when he resigned to start this project, just hope the country doesn’t kill this project with the “ Nigerian way”

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by iyke2frankeze: 7:43pm On Feb 01
jmoore:
Misleading headlines.

Project like this needs to start working before any comissioning. Ask Dangote refinery.
Bad belle
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Nchenches: 7:58pm On Feb 01
IamAtikulate:
The plant is already working, but at below capacity. I think they have sorted their gas problems and are now set to operate at FULL capacity - 24/7 power supply. Aba is no longer on the national grid. The city now generates, transmits, and distributes it power.

Our Yoruba brothers should learn how to develop their cities.

And good gov Otti is transforming Aba to become the Japan of Africa it used to be before the Orji Kalus wrecked Aba. Orji Kalus thought that state was created for rapid urbanisation of state capital city at the expense of other cities in the state. Neighbouting Imo state since 1999 till today, has been cursed with governors who think that state was created for rapid development of state capital but worsening conditions for other cities in Imo State.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:11pm On Feb 01
SoNature:
Finally, some good news! Every state should have an independent power generation, transmission and distribution company.

If you don't have gas, try hydroelectricity. Like Fashola once said, generating power shouldn't be some rocket science. grin

Now, 9 out of the 17 LGAs in Abia will have guaranteed power supply. I hope they can afford to pay though. Power is not cheap.

Pls don't mention fashola and mention power generation. It's embarrassing angry

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by jmoore(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01
iyke2frankeze:
Bad belle
Mechie onu!
Do you live in Aba?
Do you listen to the weekly show by aba power?
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01
MrProlific95:
Power is not cheap

It is not because we did not own technologies that should make it cheap.

If you read the story, it's clear Shell was never interested in refining the gas, that's because they will make more money with oil, than the wahala that comes with gas; these guys are after their business interest, to hell with our national interest.

It will only matter to them if they can massively profit from it. It's just unfortunate what some people have done to this country.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Tobbyjug: 9:19pm On Feb 01
Geometrics and Bat nnaji seems a scam to me
.most places are in darkness in ABA. Non on those promises has been fulfilled .I hope that The Government of Abia state should review that license given to the company.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by sameks08(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01
StanleyMentor1:

I swear bro!
But these are basic amenities one will experience perfectly at least in the neighbouring countries, even in their rural areas.
Imagine light will be returned after straight 2 or 3 days of non-supply then people will be rejoicing like say Jesus Christ has come angry
I hope things will change
. Not funny at all
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:58pm On Feb 01
tunde1200:
Esn no go like this development am sure.

Children of hate

Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by CJStarz: 10:13pm On Feb 01
Aba has been plunged into darkness for more than a year now with only intermittent lights of more than 2 hours daily,so we are not impressed with the Aba power thingy
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by tete7000(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01
StarRida:
Governor Otti the only performing Governor currently in the whole wide Nigeria......Eluuupe leads by example this is exactly what Nigeria and Nigerians lose may God never forsake us

So you think the present governor initiated the project? How long does it take to build a power plant? For how long has the governor been in power? Compare the two.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Abufo: 10:41pm On Feb 01
NoChill:

Ikpeazu built Geometrics and finished last year. Otti is just commissioning, get your facts right.

Building such magnificent project does not take just one year, Otti has not stayed up to a year

wetin this one drink? Geometric power belongs to Prof barth nnaji from Enugu state
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Bigjp(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by blowjohn(m): 12:00am On Feb 02
All these IPPs in the country yet no electricity.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Vision101(m): 12:33am On Feb 02
I live in Aba... This company is associated with stories. When we see we believe. Aba is in total darkness.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by paramakina202: 12:57am On Feb 02
NoChill:

Ikpeazu built Geometrics and finished last year. Otti is just commissioning, get your facts right.

Building such magnificent project does not take just one year, Otti has not stayed up to a year

Geometrics start during the time of T.A Orji no be today the project start.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by bigcasava1(m): 2:01am On Feb 02
SoNature:
Finally, some good news! Every state should have an independent power generation, transmission and distribution company.

If you don't have gas, try hydroelectricity. Like Fashola once said, generating power shouldn't be some rocket science. grin

Now, 9 out of the 17 LGAs in Abia will have guaranteed power supply. I hope they can afford to pay though. Power is not cheap.
afford to pay? We are not lazy, we love development.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by sage(m): 2:02am On Feb 02
Aba has been in darkness for a while. This project is always about next month.

All these articles are completely pointless till the 24/7 electricity takes effect and people who can pay for it receive the electricity.

Till then these articles are useless
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by BALLOSKI: 5:54am On Feb 02
SoNature:

That's the issue. But if they can't use it there or pay for it, send it to Rivers state.
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:08am On Feb 02
For the first time in decades abians now haves a performing governor who knows and understands what it means to give out dividents of democracy to the people. Long live oti long live abia state
Re: Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February by Alcatel17: 9:55am On Feb 02
SoNature:

Bro Aba no just get light at all especially dat line 11 dat gives just one hour of light per week....even d line 33 is even failing badly now...I hope this will solve d light issue once n for all....moreover all those Pdp touts are all back in aba parks picketing all transporters as usual...I wonder wat Ottis enforcers are really doing about all this Pro touts dat all back in d parks harassing both bus n keke drivers with no single fear of d government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity / Ebenezer Babatope: Why I Want Obaseki To Defeat Oshiomhole / Edo: INEC Tells 15 Political Parties To Conduct Their Primaries In 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.