Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar (42904 Views)

Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News / How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / I Need Somebody With Dollar Acc To Help Me Make Payment Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by IbeOkehie: 10:18pm On Feb 01
TimeManager:
With the introduction of SAP, IBB destroyed the economic foundation and progress of the country.

-kiss the truth!

It's worth noting that a vast majority of Nigerians agree with you. As usual, most Nigerians are wrong...just like they were wrong about fuel subsidy, claiming individuals can own land, electing Buhari and so on.

First of all, what was SAP? What were the legal and policy changes brought about by SAP? Most Nigerians, especially the University Graduates, are understandably mistaken about this important issue.

I might get into it, but for now I'll simply say that IBB saved Nigeria with SAP.

Without SAP the Nigerian economy would have ceased to function long ago. SAP is foundation on which Nigeria has built a functioning banking sector, private TV & radio broadcasting, airlines, NLNG and a thriving cement industry and on and on.

Nigerians should please try and understand the country they live in 🙄

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Emetex22(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01
kokoA:
Nnamdi Azikiwe that forced us together na idoma man?
And when the Igbos wanted to leave you sustained erection, you couldn't live with the thought

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by IbeOkehie: 10:29pm On Feb 01
nairalanda1:

Nigeria's problem is simple. We are not a exporter of manufactured goods and service.

THat is why as far as I am concerned, Nigeria has never had good leaders.

Nigeria is a resource dependent nation, and it needs to break free of its resource dependency.

You tend to overemphasize symptoms instead of root cause.

Let me ask, WHY is it that Nigeria doesn't have a big and vibrant manufacturing base? WHY?

Nigeria has had three good leaders - IBB, Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan. It was THE PEOPLE who thwarted their good policies. The PEOPLE of Nigeria are a bigger problem than the leadership.

Resource dependence has nothing to do with anything. Again, WHY is Nigeria not able to add value to its resources?

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01
placeofallure:

Do you have a monster d1ck? Na! You don't. I don't do phalluses that have a semblance to pencil. Mr. Tiny prick, I'll pass.
I knew it
Oloshos are always easy to spot. Their uncouth and roguish mien is like smoke.
Anyways, move on. I don't do public toilets
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by papiSNEH(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01
BadMaster:

Here you have it. Now, can you compare it with the naira?

But bros if to say things where still going normal naira suppose be like 50k plus compare to am by now
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Nlandmodesfku: 11:19pm On Feb 01
Tinubu is a punk, bereft of ideas, desperate for powers just like Buhari. Who cursed Nigeria with these witches?
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by placeofallure(f): 2:31am On Feb 02
Agboriotejoye:

I knew it
Oloshos are always easy to spot. Their uncouth and roguish mien is like smoke.
Anyways, move on. I don't do public toilets

E pain am! Some people cannot handle rejection, na so so to dey bark like dog. If I say I wan do now, I no go be public toilet. See, as your prick no big pass fullstop, I no do! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by jimcaddy(m): 3:11am On Feb 02
Abegi aren't we Nigerians also part of the problem? Shebi it's robot that is in government na. Why do Nigerians hoard dollar inside their houses? Do you think that it is only because of one reason that our Naira is depreciating? So many factors contribute to it. We are the problem of ourselves and until we change our mentality, we will continue to blame government till thy kingdom come.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:41am On Feb 02
placeofallure:

E pain am! Some people cannot handle rejection, na so so to dey bark like dog. If I say I wan do now, I no go be public toilet. See, as your prick no big pass fullstop, I no do! cheesy cheesy grin
You can cry all to want. You're familiar with the dogs since they mount you at will.
Just shift. I have no interest in a smelly latrine
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by luvyaself95(m): 8:08am On Feb 02
e be like say na Cause dey do this shit hole call Nigeria.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by caye(m): 8:18am On Feb 02
abhosts:
I am hopeful that Nigeria would one day rise from ashes and become a beacon of hope for the black race.

Hope...as you know, has a slender body: she is sometimes easily broken by the monster of circumstances - caye, 2024
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by ibietela2(m): 8:50am On Feb 02
system21:
The Nigeria of 1978, $13,100 was ₦10,220. What is the rate today? Bad leadership and corruption destroyed our economy.
Once upon a time in Nigeria, Naira was above dollar. That was when we were GIANT of Africa. Not anymore.
Then, $13,100 was ₦10,220
Today, $13,100 is ₦19,650,000.

Congratulations to all the supporters of failed government and corruption

You were never giant of anything, stop this old and past I was better before, your shitty country was constructed by Europeans with no agreement and system of government that is based on shared interests.

Corruption is just a symptom of a larger problem halfwitgerian
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Nnadykings: 10:24am On Feb 02
One thing I hate about APC and their supporters is that they always accused the previous administration of their current failure and bad leadership being it the same party or not, oga fix the gothem economy and stop putting blames on anyone and if you knw you can't get the fuckout and allow those capable enough to handle it,,,,,,,Everytime the dollar goes high against the naira I always regret not traveling abroad when I had the opportunity to do so thinking it's too risky going by land , and the families and loved one of my friends that embarked on the risky journey today are all smiling to the exchange market and bank Changing foreign currency they sent to them Everytime, me am still in this God forsaking country counting my loses. Who say he go better for inec and APC na thunder from my village to destroy that person useless
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Jeffy1206(m): 1:12pm On Feb 02
PROPEACE:

🤣🤣 Me sef been wan reply the guy but my fingers paralyse. I wonder what level of dumbness that is My guy wants to know the dollar value of the dollar. Hmm cry With such youths in the country, it is not surprising we have a bulaba as president.
in as much as I want to laff, 😂😂 it is disheartening to have such hediots as youth in the country. 😡

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by StarRida: 3:27pm On Feb 02
TimeManager:

How did we get here?.
How can somebody with a brain skip an IBB era which was the begining of the economic disaster and then fly into 2024?, how possible?. Use your brain.

-kiss the truth!
he asked you a question Mr time twister

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is Why The Rich Don't Help The Poor In Nigeria / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) / How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.