Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar (42916 Views)

Why Is The Naira Exchange Rate Always In The News / How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / I Need Somebody With Dollar Acc To Help Me Make Payment Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Tolumiide: 2:27pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

Dollar value
Yes, a dollar equivalent
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Splashme: 2:27pm On Feb 01
Na wa oo
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by obinna58(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01
What Nigerians don’t understand is that our government is hardly surviving due to cluelessness

At this stage Our government has rendered itself unemployed and wanting money, it’s just like an unemployed graduate dragging his father’s property for survival

Nigeria is waiting an impending doom

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by blacknp(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01
VeryWickedMan:
Tinubu is Nigeria's worst ever President.
Under him you will experience the worst hardship, say amen 🙏.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by wanted222(m): 2:28pm On Feb 01
TimeManager:

Everyone knows the collapse of Naira started during the SAP regime of IBB and the person who introduced SAP to him was an igbo man who was his finance minister.

-kiss the truth!
TRIBALIST LIKE YOU HAS NO BUSINESS BEING ALIVE

3 Likes

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by blacknp(m): 2:29pm On Feb 01
obinna58:
What Nigerians don’t understand is that our government is hardly surviving due to cluelessness

At this stage Our government has rendered themselves unemployed and wanting money, it’s just like an unemployed graduate dragging his father’s property for survival

Nigeria is waiting an impending doom
Are you any better than the so called people in government? If you were any better than them, then you would have been the person in their stead.

You are all the same, you cannot give what you do not possess.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Bobloco: 2:29pm On Feb 01
broadman20:

You don't have any brain at all and I see why your father will always use koboko to decorate your back when you were a kid.

We are talking about the currency that has upper hand in exchange ,

MUMU....GOD FORBIDS.

Your foolery is legendary

But let me help you out

Can you compare the value of ₦10,220 in 1978 with today's value

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Bobloco: 2:30pm On Feb 01
Tolumiide:

Yes, a dollar equivalent

Dollar value not it's equivalent
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by newnigerdelta00: 2:30pm On Feb 01
VeryWickedMan:

Shut up, what have you yourself offer to the society

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by blacknp(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

But let me help you out

Colorado Bobby you no dey rest?
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Bobloco: 2:32pm On Feb 01
blacknp:
Colorado Bobby you no dey rest?

blanknp, how far na

What is today's rate
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Lanruze: 2:33pm On Feb 01
As at today 1/02/2024, the naira is the third (3rd) weakest currency in the whole world behind the Argentina's peso and the lebanese pounds.

Its a shame ! Something should be done swiftly.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by BadMaster: 2:34pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

I don't mean the Naira value

I am referring to the dollar value
Here you have it. Now, can you compare it with the naira?

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by CalmElder(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01
The headline reminds me of when it was a privilege to play in Lagos open by professional tennis players, up to late eighties o.

2 Likes

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by anonymous1759(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01
system21:

Another supporter of failed regime on the lose again. A bag of 50kg rice was N8000 before calamity (APC) befall Nigeria today it's over N60000 TODAY. Can you give us prices of commodities before and after IBB regime let compare it with calamitious APC

When rice was 6k you guys still complained that imported rice will steal our jobs

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by obinna58(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01
blacknp:
Are you any better than the so called people in government? If you were any better than them, then you would have been the person in their stead.
If all of a sudden Nigeria citizens magically transform into saner people, I swear to you everyone will reject presidency duty

It’s because of selfishness, power and criminal mind that makes people want to become president here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by nony43(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01
TimeManager:

Everyone knows the collapse of Naira started during the SAP regime of IBB and the person who introduced SAP to him was an igbo man who was his finance minister.

-kiss the truth!
. Please what is the name of this Igbo man? No matter how you guys say it nobody can say Igbo man destroyed Nigeria. SAP or no SAP it wasn’t an Igbo was the military head.

2 Likes

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by blacknp(m): 2:36pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

blanknp, how far na

What is today's rate
Na Tuesday I go change my Euros inflow, no shaking make e be 1600 by then, the higher, the more the Naira.

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Datedoboy: 2:36pm On Feb 01
Don't worry eat more local rice and buy more local goods. 1 NGN will go back to 1USD

Nigeria is operating on the slogan the more u look, the less you see
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Blitzking: 2:37pm On Feb 01
system21:
The Nigeria of 1978, $13,100 was ₦10,220. What is the rate today? Bad leadership and corruption destroyed our economy.
Once upon a time in Nigeria, Naira was above dollar. That was when we were GIANT of Africa. Not anymore.
Then, $13,100 was ₦10,220
Today, $13,100 is ₦19,650,000.

Congratulations to all the supporters of failed government and corruption

Nigerians killed nigeria..the whites left a thriving economy...the educated and foolish Nigerians took over and messed everything up..they couldn't even differentiate their left from their right. Always taking the advise that will destroy them..one idiot even said nigeria has so much money the problem was how to spend it...to show u how incompetent the ppl that managed us are and it transcends various spheres of the Nigerian economy..take a look at hospitals managed by missionaries and their current state after those guys handed over those facilities,j you will realise there Is something inherently wrong with an average nigerian education aside...common sense is not actually common. Look at missionary owned school and their current state after they were handed over to the govt..check their current state....roads..police station etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Tolumiide: 2:37pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

Dollar value not it's equivalent
You may have to explain what you mean by dollar value?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by broadman20: 2:39pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

But let me help you out

What is wrong with this block head Abeg?

What was the exchange rates of our 10k to the dollar as at that time?

Why are you avoiding that question?

I see why this people will always using you people as RAGS.

No ability to think properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Goodlady(f): 2:39pm On Feb 01
system21:
The Nigeria of 1978, $13,100 was ₦10,220. What is the rate today? Bad leadership and corruption destroyed our economy.
Once upon a time in Nigeria, Naira was above dollar. That was when we were GIANT of Africa. Not anymore.
Then, $13,100 was ₦10,220
Today, $13,100 is ₦19,650,000.

Congratulations to all the supporters of failed government and corruption

The problem is Tinubu was not in govt as at 1978. So you shifting the blame on him just made you look petty. Anyways am not gonna pity APC. They deserved what they are getting

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Goodlady(f): 2:40pm On Feb 01
VeryWickedMan:
Not like GEJ

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by loswhite(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01
TimeManager:
Kids of nowadays, SMH!. When you stopped history in schools, this is what you get- ignorance!, blissful ignorance!. If you knew the level of great hardships that our parents went through during the period, you won't be here heaping a satanic worship on a man who initiated the begining of economic woes on Nigeria. With the introduction of SAP, IBB destroyed the economic foundation and progress of the country. In one fell swoop, naira was devalued by 500%, then up to 2000%, our debts increased to about $34billion, inflation rose to 54%. We could barely service our short term loans and thus, sellers overseas were reluctant to sell goods to us. Till today, we haven't recovered from SAP, IMF, World Bank captivities that IBB led us into and guess who was the Finance minister at the time, an economist and an ex-World Bank staff, Dr Kalu Idika. Kalu. If there's anyone that should be tied to stake and shot, it is these two evil geninuses.

-kiss the truth!
Shut up dunce. 1978 was IBB your military president? You don’t even know history.

1 Like

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Bobloco: 2:43pm On Feb 01
blacknp:
Na Tuesday I go change my Euros inflow, no shaking make e be 1600 by then, the higher, the more the Naira.

So you are benefiting from the naira crash

Reason you want Tinubu to continue wrecking the economy

3 Likes

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by TimeManager(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01
nony43:

. Please what is the name of this Igbo man? No matter how you guys say it nobody can say Igbo man destroyed Nigeria. SAP or no SAP it wasn’t an Igbo was the military head.
I already did earlier. Dr. Kalu Idika kalu, he was finance minister, ex world bank staff, he gave the advise, IBB took it.

-kiss the truth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by loswhite(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01
Agboriotejoye:

IBB in 1978

They apply brain to this Zombiesm na 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♂️
The internet can just make idiot to claim expert.....lol. The idiot has zero knowledge of history
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by honor4me: 2:45pm On Feb 01
Bobloco:

I don't mean the Naira value

I am referring to the dollar value

Exactly bro and what exactly were they buying at that amount. Ho much is the same in Naira amount today.
Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by TimeManager(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01
Funkyswagzz:

Don't be a nuisance bro it was the influence of the west that made ibb to devalue our currency stop blaming igbos for ur misfortune. Ibb was not under pressure what so ever when he made his decision. We are tired of these useless propaganda u carry around just because u want to justify ur failures.
IBB was not under pressure?, Lol, kids everywhere.

-kiss the truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar by Salewa97: 2:45pm On Feb 01
Nigerians and their ignorance.

So can you tell us how many Nigerians can afford a car back then and how many can build a house in 1978.

When they sold cars for less than 5000 naira, how many Nigerians get car?

People just fuulishly think when $1 = #1, even automatically everyone will be able to buy Porsche.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / This Is Why The Rich Don't Help The Poor In Nigeria / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.