Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47849 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by lastkingsman: 9:46am On Feb 05
DrAkpa:

A lot of you Nigerians just have this larger than life image of yourselves when you absolutely worth less than half a cent. Please what exactly is wrong with washing toilets for a living? The white people who do cleaning for a living, are you superior to them? Mike Adenuga and Bola Tinubu that washed toilets and drove taxis during their hustling days, are you superior to them? People like you are destined to die poor because of arrogance and inability to adapt to any situation you find yourself. Please don't pass this furcked up mentality to your children otherwise you are settling them up for failure. Even myself, after I left secondary school, my father made sure I got a job. I worked as a cleaner, fuel dispenser and kitchen worker before I entered the university in the early 90s... I had a choice to stay at home and keep eating mummy's food, but I was determined with the support of my father to start fending for myself as a teenager. This sort of training prepared me for the early rough life of immigrants in the western world when I left Nigeria as a post graduate student in the early 2000s and as a professional after my party lost elections and federal power in 2015. Today, My first son is a physiotherapist, my daughter is a nurse and my second son is an engineer in their adopted country. But I made sure they worked their ass doing menial jobs after they left high school and as undergraduates. Stop this nonsense behavior, because it will lead to your destruction. A word is enough for the wise

So you been follow enjoy awa national cake? grin
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05
MasterTeeUSA:
lol...you said a house rent now you say shared...we know your kind...we ask for evidence ...you change conversation. Naija children no dey jail abroad...you think everyone that japa provide beautiful future for their children...if you know, you know.. .clearly you don't know...if I am you, I will ask and learn ...not conclude

you're 10x more likely to die from insecurity in nigeria than you're to go to jail. do innocent people go to jail over there.? you're just trying to pull points from thin air. as if people dont go to jail in nigeria. your chances of going to jail in nigeria is way higher... like 500000% higher. you better accept it now that Nigeria has no future and its racing to the ground. and yes there ARE $500 houses in new jersey. so come up with another bullshit

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 3:54pm On Feb 05
Lol I am not sure you read the advert you posted. They are renting out rooms inside the HOUSE. Like I told you before, if you know, you know. I used to work in NJ and used to live in NYC. Watch THE INNOCENCE PROJECT among others...you will see those wrongly convicted that spent decades in jail. I am not upset at you...I know you dont know and I am glad you asked. There are folks placed on death sentences that were later found to be innocent...close to 200. The person said we will never know how many innocent people have been killed already.

headboyprince:
you're 10x more likely to die from insecurity in nigeria than you're to go to jail. do innocent people go to jail over there.? you're just trying to pull points from thin air. as if people dont go to jail in nigeria. your chances of going to jail in nigeria is way higher... like 500000% higher. you better accept it now that Nigeria has no future and its racing to the ground. and yes there ARE $500 houses in new jersey. so come up with another bullshit
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05
MasterTeeUSA:
Lol I am not sure you read the advert you posted. They are renting out rooms inside the HOUSE. Like I told you before, if you know, you know. I used to work in NJ and used to live in NYC. Watch THE INNOCENCE PROJECT among others...you will see those wrongly convicted that spent decades in jail. I am not upset at you...I know you dont know and I am glad you asked. There are folks placed on death sentences that were later found to be innocent...close to 200. The person said we will never know how many innocent people have been killed already.

so youre base in the U.S and you're here tellling people not to live nigeria. haha. the problem with you antijapa crew is hypocrisy. you ran to the west when nigeria still have some hope and now nigeria is hopeless you advice people not to leave by making the west look bad with all sort of bullshit like you're ranting here.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by headboyprince(m): 8:07pm On Feb 05
MasterTeeUSA:
I've come to understand...intelligence is not often common. Where did i defend the govt? I am not and do not know one politician in power talk less of benefitting. My point is simple...all that glitters is not gold...what we lack and need to work on remain the fundamentals.

All schools should focus on agriculture...govt can mandate that. Regulations on housing so issues can be resolved to encourage private investments into housing...people are building...just using them for airbnb and hotels.

mtcheew, so what are you still doing in the west since all that glitters is shit. come back to Nigeria, the govt has made nigeria to become paradise. come and collect 30k per month job and be owed salaries. dont forget half of your salary will be used to transport yourself back and from back. come back to blackout, and insecurity. afterall rent isnt expensive here. with 5k per month you can rent a face me i face you. i pray you get deported soon.....Amen

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by virginboy1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 05
Informative thread....
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 12:01am On Feb 06
The economic situation is affecting reason. Show me where I told you not to Japa. It's too late to pray for my deportation. I will leave you with all the ailments that have befalled you. You have a blessed rest of your week.

headboyprince:
mtcheew, so what are you still doing in the west since all that glitters is shit. come back to Nigeria, the govt has made nigeria to become paradise. come and collect 30k per month job and be owed salaries. dont forget half of your salary will be used to transport yourself back and from back. come back to blackout, and insecurity. afterall rent isnt expensive here. with 5k per month you can rent a face me i face you. i pray you get deported soon.....Amen
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 12:03am On Feb 06
I know some of you don't read before you comment...I spoke about inflationary pressures everywhere...some argued that it is cheap to rent and money can go far..I gave him a breakdown of the average person here working minimum wage. I am not average...but mu situation is not the norm for everyone. So if you must japa, do but don't believe in false hope abroad either.

headboyprince:
so youre base in the U.S and you're here tellling people not to live nigeria. haha. the problem with you antijapa crew is hypocrisy. you ran to the west when nigeria still have some hope and now nigeria is hopeless you advice people not to leave by making the west look bad with all sort of bullshit like you're ranting here.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AngelicBeing: 8:17am On Feb 06
IbeOkehie:

Like it or not, the truth is that over a period of 1 year starting today, even ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS starting at below minimum wage in the USA will live a better life than the a Nigerian graduate earning ₦300K per month.

More important, they will likely achieve a much higher standard of living than their home based Nigerian counterparts in the next 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. Most people know this, that's why migration is a hot topic.

Let's be clear about what I'm saying. Every Nigerian living in the USA is not doing better than every Nigerian living in Nigeria. I'm not living better than my two friends in Nigeria who earn $1K per day working on oil rigs. One of them drives a Burgatti or something in that country, I'm not at that level so I don't even know the proper name of the car.

What we can be sure of is that if you gather 1,000 random ILLEGAL Nigerian immigrants in the USA and take pick 1,000 random Nigerians living in Nigeria and follow them for 10 years, 20 and 30 years, the ones based in the USA will have better HDI than the ones in Nigeria.

Everyone starts their life at sone level. There's nothing shameful about starting at the bottom. I've seen Nigerians and Africans generally come to this country illegally and start from ZERO and achieve a lot over 30 years, I've seen children born and grow up in this USA, get married and buy houses, things very few Nigerians their age can achieve. Me myself I started at $4/hr and if I can get to the USA middle class most people can do even better.

Maybe this is the nadir for Nigeria. Maybe. Very possible, but let's stop making false claims. You're even late to the argument. Very strident opponents of migration like @Sukkot and @Treadway have been on this for at least 2 years and as Nigeria has gotten worse they're gradually and sneakily changing their stance. You should look through their comment record or mine, you can read us going at it. You're not giving us any new lies, we've heard it all before.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Hian, lol at sukkot changing his stand, l don't think so because sukkot has been appointed by a family member who is close to the governor of Lagos State as a SPECIAL ADVISER in the office of the Lagos State governor , sukkot was appointed few days ago and l got the information from Alausa via a friend, sukkot will be monitoring land acquisition / tourist development in LEKKI and you know from that Job, sukkot is gonna be a billionaire in the next few months, damn, sukkot is a lucky chap shocked
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 8:34am On Feb 06
AngelicBeing:
Hian, lol at sukkot changing his stand, l don't think so because sukkot has been appointed by a family member who is close to the governor of Lagos State as a SPECIAL ADVISER in the office of the Lagos State governor , sukkot was appointed few days ago and l got the information from Alausa via a friend, sukkot will be monitoring land acquisition / tourist development in LEKKI and you know from that Job, sukkot is gonna be a billionaire in the next few months, damn, sukkot is a lucky chap shocked
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ wow bro it’s like you can see my future. You must be a prophet 🀣🀣. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I claim it πŸ‘€πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AngelicBeing: 10:01am On Feb 06
sukkot:
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ wow bro it’s like you can see my future. You must be a prophet 🀣🀣. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I claim it πŸ‘€πŸ˜„
cool

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Rinoxy: 10:09am On Feb 06
ogbonti:

dog wey won loss will never listen to his owner whistle - fact of life ----- while we are running away by japa - BROKE AZ Z CHINESE KIDS and LEBANESE kids are arriving NIGERIA in droves and will become our "ECONOMIC" colonial masters in the next 10 to 20 years from now
Na lie! We're still here, we'll resist them.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 10:15am On Feb 06
AngelicBeing:
cool
πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 5:32pm On Feb 07
sweetkev:
How could you earn less than 500 pounds a month. How much do you get paid per hour here in the UK. You just like discouraging people to come here. Why are you people so selfish and wicked to people back home.
Where is the job? Are u not hearing that the one I managed to get gives me 500 pounds per month and I am trying to get another.
Where are u in the UK. Which axis so u connect me to where u are working?

See if you are not prepared from Nigeria before traveling then you go know say kahki no be leather.
When I mean prepare, I mean having enough cash to see you through until you land a job that can sustain u through.
This is not the matter of discouraging anyone.. Am telling u the plain truth.

It Is either u are coming via sponsorship or education. If it's through valid sponsorship that will guarantee u work then fine u have no issue

If it's through education then have at least 45 million in ur account, u have to understand that no more form A. Pounds is now 1900 as against 540 via form A . If you think you can navigate your way with 20 million via Education right now then you are a joker. It's better you use that money to start a poultry farm in Nigeria.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by YoobaNesan: 10:28pm On Feb 07
Hi, I'd be glad you send me the telegram link of the arrived UK student you screenshotted.

I want to see/here things by myself before I take a critical decision.
t(.)me/adampedia01 or search @adampedia01 on telegram.
Thanks.

004gist:

Where is the job? Are u not hearing that the one I managed to get gives me 500 pounds per month and I am trying to get another.
Where are u in the UK. Which axis so u connect me to where u are working?

See if you are not prepared from Nigeria before traveling then you go know say kahki no be leather.
When I mean prepare, I mean having enough cash to see you through until you land a job that can sustain u through.
This is not the matter of discouraging anyone.. Am telling u the plain truth.

It Is either u are coming via sponsorship or education. If it's through valid sponsorship that will guarantee u work then fine u have no issue

If it's through education then have at least 45 million in ur account, u have to understand that no more form A. Pounds is now 1900 as against 540 via form A . If you think you can navigate your way with 20 million via Education right now then you are a joker. It's better you use that money to start a poultry farm in Nigeria.

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 10:37pm On Feb 07
YoobaNesan:
Hi, I'd be glad you send me the telegram link of the arrived UK student you screenshotted.

I want to see/here things by myself before I take a critical decision.
t(.)me/adampedia01 or search @adampedia01 on telegram.
Thanks.

Go to telegraph then search for your school name.. E.g university of hull 2023 etc then u see list then confirm if they are Nigerians.

If you want to know things.. Like watin de xup.. Do as if u are already in hull for a while u haven't seen a job or rather pm someone to let u know what's xuping in that city.

Away from that you can let me know anything u want to know as far as UK is concerned.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by YoobaNesan: 10:43pm On Feb 07
Telegraph/Telegram?

The Telegram group I joined ia full of students advertising they offer assistance for writing assignments, thesis, projects, presentations, dissertations etc while some offer accommodation assistance like those agents/caretaker that advertise on Nairaland.

004gist:

Go to telegraph then search for your school name.. E.g university of hull 2023 etc then u see list then confirm if they are Nigerians.

If you want to know things.. Like watin de xup.. Do as if u are already in hull for a while u haven't seen a job or rather pm someone to let u know what's xuping in that city.

Away from that you can let me know anything u want to know as far as UK is concerned.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Gerrard59(m): 2:24am On Feb 09
ogbonti:

this was probably what the igbo man in this video thought, just like you UNTIL RACISM came for his life - plz watch and reciv sense!
https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=7IHy1CXNVoo

Go and tell this woman she suffers racism as an Igbo woman. Shey na the same America una dey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6CrgfBW4Q

cc: IbeOkehie

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Usefulsense: 3:52am On Feb 09
Dobodobo04:

Don’t envy them. Nigeria will be better soon.

We can take advantage of weak naira by starting to export Nigerian products. Government should make airports and seaport export ready!!!

The jobs abroad aren’t as many and even if you get the jobs, there are many deductibles before you enjoy your take home pay.

Also, if you want to Japa and take full benefits of abroad, learn technical skills like welding, plumbing, electrician, nursing, coding, mechanics, machinists, etc.
We look down upon these jobs in Nigeria but they are money making crafts abroad.

If you Japa with just a degree in business admin or any foolish course, you will either wash toilet or look after old people abroad.

You lied in your first sentence. Nigeria will NEVER be good let alone better.

Any body washing toilet abroad as you stated in your last sentence lives a better than the regional manager of Zenith bank. I lie not.
If you find yourself in Australia and you're not lazy, you will be fine. The problem is to come in.

I came into Australia last December (2 months ago) at the age of 48. Many discouraged me from moving. By the way, I was a fellow of the institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria earning N1.05M net salary a month.

Leaving Nigeria was one of the best decisions I ever made in my entire life. When I got here, I started with warehouse job packing items in cartons.

In January 2024, I obtained a forklift driving license (counterbalance forklift) in New South Wales. This authorizes me to work anywhere in Australia as a forklift driver.

In the same January (last month), I took some courses and obtained First aid certificate + CPR, Diploma in mental health(online); working with the aged and disability support, all four NDIS certifications, etc. I want to break into support worker role.

I am also applying for accounting work.

To enjoy abroad as a man over 40, make sure you come with your wife.

I will make a post of my experience so far in Australia, why you should or shouldn't come to Australia after 48, and many other issues you might consider.

It is not going to be an eye witness account, it is not going to be a hear say, it is my experience.

5 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by IbeOkehie: 1:21pm On Feb 09
Usefulsense:

Any body washing toilet abroad as you stated in your last sentence lives a better than the regional manager of Zenith bank. I lie not.
If you find yourself in Australia and you're not lazy, you will be fine. The problem is to come in.

I came into Australia last December (2 months ago) at the age of 48. Many discouraged me from moving. By the way, I was a fellow of the institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria earning N1.05M net salary a month.

Leaving Nigeria was one of the best decisions I ever made in my entire life. When I got here, I started with warehouse job packing items in cartons.

In January 2024, I obtained a forklift driving license (counterbalance forklift) in New South Wales. This authorizes me to work anywhere in Australia as a forklift driver.

In the same January (last month), I took some courses and obtained First aid certificate + CPR, Diploma in mental health(online); working with the aged and disability support, all four NDIS certifications, etc. I want to break into support worker role.

I will make a post of my experience so far in Australia, why you should or shouldn't come to Australia after 48, and many other issues you might consider.

It is not going to be an eye witness account, it is not going to be a hear say, it is my experience.

The Anti-Jakpa Crew will soon come for your head....

My only wish is that more people post with their real names. Sometimes it's hard to assign any credibility to anonymous comments.

Your story if true would be particularly interesting because we're subjected to a conventional wisdom about North America & Western Europe that

1) High earners live better in Nigeria than in those countries

2) Migration to those countries after age 40 is a losing proposition

3) Illegal immigrants suffer untold privations and dangers there

4) Racism is a continuous and unavoidable fact of life that will make life uncomfortable and dangerous.

5) Nobody can save money in those places and in fact the average Nigerian is wealthier than even Natives of Western countries.

You would have real life experiences to address at least 3 of these issues. Though you haven't been there a long time, you can give us immediate impressions.

Question- by your own observations, what percent of Nigerians earn over 1 million naira per month? What percentage at age 40?

Indeed the most important and life changing wisdom about Nigeria is to know that the country has NEVER been rich or developed. Once you realize this your outlook takes a drastic turn.

Anyway thanks 😊

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Notfogotten: 5:42pm On Feb 09
IbeOkehie:

My only wish is that more people post with their real names. Sometimes it's hard to assign any credibility to anonymous comments.

Your story if true would be particularly interesting because we're subjected to a conventional wisdom about North America & Western Europe that

4) Racism is a continuous and unavoidable fact of life that will make life uncomfortable and dangerous.

5) Nobody can save money in those places and in fact the average Nigerian is wealthier than even Natives of Western countries.

You would have real life experiences to address at least 3 of these issues. Though you haven't been there a long time, you can give us immediate impressions.

Question- by your own observations, what percent of Nigerians earn over 1 million naira per month? What percentage at age 40?

Indeed the most important and life changing wisdom about Nigeria is to know that the country has NEVER been rich or developed. Once you realize this your outlook takes a drastic turn.

Anyway thanks 😊

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Notfogotten: 6:11pm On Feb 09
IbeOkehie:

Anyway thanks 😊

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AngelicBeing: 7:54pm On Feb 09
Usefulsense:

Age is not really a barrier as long as you have a skill / potential, to offer to Australia or any country that you live, one of my friend lives in East Africa, he is operating a Christian Ngo in the country, he is on radio and he has more than 6 Ngo offices in the same country, he announced over the radio that citizens of the country gave him over 500,000 dollars as a gift/ offerings to support his program, by my own estimation, he is currently Worth over 1 million dollars , he has written over 51 books and he is doing very well, he is solving problems in East Africa and money is flowing towards his direction, so your age of 48 is no barrier to you excelling in Australia or any part of the world as long as you are solving problems, money will come rushing at you and from what you wrote above, you are on the right track, kudos to you wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Kelechi009: 1:36am On Feb 11
DrAkpa:

A lot of you Nigerians just have this larger than life image of yourselves when you absolutely worth less than half a cent. Please what exactly is wrong with washing toilets for a living? The white people who do cleaning for a living, are you superior to them? Mike Adenuga and Bola Tinubu that washed toilets and drove taxis during their hustling days, are you superior to them? People like you are destined to die poor because of arrogance and inability to adapt to any situation you find yourself. Please don't pass this furcked up mentality to your children otherwise you are settling them up for failure. Even myself, after I left secondary school, my father made sure I got a job. I worked as a cleaner, fuel dispenser and kitchen worker before I entered the university in the early 90s... I had a choice to stay at home and keep eating mummy's food, but I was determined with the support of my father to start fending for myself as a teenager. This sort of training prepared me for the early rough life of immigrants in the western world when I left Nigeria as a post graduate student in the early 2000s and as a professional after my party lost elections and federal power in 2015. Today, My first son is a physiotherapist, my daughter is a nurse and my second son is an engineer in their adopted country. But I made sure they worked their ass doing menial jobs after they left high school and as undergraduates. Stop this nonsense behavior, because it will lead to your destruction. A word is enough for the wise

Okay then, should I say a prayer for your Son & Daughter to end up as Toilet washer man & woman? Just give me a go-ahead and I will prophesy into their lives to do that work for the rest of the lives.

Can I get an AMEN?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ahmedio2017(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11
Kelechi009:

Okay then, should I say a prayer for your Son & Daughter to end up as Toilet washer man & woman? Just give me a go-ahead and I will prophesy into their lives to do that work for the rest of the lives.

Can I get an AMEN?

Lolz u are not well, na fight?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Jk210(f): 4:21pm On Feb 16
Usefulsense:

Hi usefulsense, please can I send a DM? I would like to ask some questions regarding your travel process
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Usefulsense: 11:30am On Feb 18
Jk210:

Hi usefulsense, please can I send a DM? I would like to ask some questions regarding your travel process

Feel free. I will answer all your questions.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Jk210(f): 6:58pm On Feb 20
Usefulsense:

Feel free. I will answer all your questions.

Thank you. I've sent a PM. Looking forward to your response
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AdvaatOnline: 5:53pm On Mar 04
selartj:

Please, let me know you go about it. I need just 100k to do a little business in February. Is your loan offline or online? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

You can only access our loan if you are a salary earner who is based in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.