Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers (341 Views)

Strange World: Watch The Moment Two Ekiti Obas Were Evacuated, Packed Into Open / 16 Ways To Prevent Yourself And Your Loved Ones Against Kidnappers In Nigeria / Man Killed & Sacrificed To Gods In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by phemy36(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01
Ekiti Obas to invoke Yoruba gods against kidnappers

A former chairman of the traditional council and the Owa Ooye of Okemesi Ekiti, Oba Michael Adedeji, said that there was no alternative to the embrace of traditional methods by the monarchs to ensure peace and order.

Oba Adedeji said, “That was among our discussions during the meeting with the governor and security chiefs in Ado Ekiti today. The issue of the traditional methods was what I raised during the meeting.

“There was a way our forefathers did things in their days and had it the way they had it. The recent developments have shown that we need to toe that line. And many of my colleagues bought into that.

“The traditional council set up a committee that would meet Mr governor on what we want and how we want it, I am on the committee and the issue of traditional solution is among the things we are going to discuss with the governor.’’

“The government has to empower the traditional rulers to do all they want to secure their communities. This will include local security and fortification,” the monarch further stated.

The Onikun of Ikun Ekiti, Oba Olatunde David Olusola, who corroborated Oba Adedeji, on the return to alternative traditional solution, said, “The security of our people is our responsibility as grassroots leaders. If Obas are being killed like chickens, I don’t think we can accept such a situation.

“This can be done by embracing the traditional and all other methods possible to avert any causality and to make sure there is peace in Ekiti State. We will use any method possible to ensure peace in Ekiti, we are not cowards. Enough is enough,” Oba Olusola added.

Speaking further, the royal father explained, “We had a meeting with Mr Governor today (yesterday). Aside from the meeting, the obas met and dwelt so much on the traditional aspect. We agreed that a lot of potency has been lost.

“As a matter of fact, in the past, this (assault and killing of monarchs) could not have happened, because no oba would get to the throne without passing through the necessary traditional rites. The traditional rites would have emboldened and empowered every oba that got to the stool.’’

https://punchng.com/ekiti-obas-threaten-to-invoke-yoruba-gods-against-kidnappers/
Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Righthussle: 5:05pm On Feb 01
🤣🤣🤣🤣

When there's peace, they worship the powerless money loving god of Israel wey no fit save the Christians that were killed inside Catholic church in Owo, god wey no do anything when armed men kidnapped a whole prelate of Methodists church of Nigeria.

When in trouble, they remember Yoruba gods.

I wish I was the gods, na thunder I for take roast una like bole.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01
gods wey kidnapper's go kidnap, una go begin find ransom to release the gods

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Nbotee(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01
Lolzzzz... Where were the gods when 2 Obas were killed and a 3rd narrowly escaped??

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Reelmii: 5:09pm On Feb 01
Ok,, let them be fast about it
Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Reelz: 5:39pm On Feb 01
Seriously.. una no get shame oo..

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by eliyke(m): 5:43pm On Feb 01
grin what of amotekun?wike warn Abuja own while dem dis one Dey swear for dere own

Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Nice2023(m): 8:24pm On Feb 01
Just the way they invoked same gods to the fulanis in Ilorin in 1804 and nothing happened.

How I wish the gods would answered them,but their gods are all lame and full of disappointments.

Same way the gods disappointed many who were traded and enslaved in Brazil and Cuba.

Invoking ur gods is pure sign of weakness.
Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Creamypie(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01
I no fit laugh.
Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by Houseontherock1: 12:45pm On Feb 02
Invoke it already! It's a big shame that Fulani bandits can actually kill a whole traditional ruler who is supposed to be fortified undecided
Re: Ekiti Obas To Invoke Yoruba Gods Against Kidnappers by oranget(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02
These gods were existing when citizens of their town were being killed, they just remembered to invoke them when kings were being killed.
It's a pity that Obas who were supposed to be fortified are being killed by ordinary bandits. Something that couldn't have happened to legitimately chosen kings. Kingship are now being bought with money.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Operatives Launch Surprise Raid On FUTA Students' Hostels At Midnight / Dani Alves Has Been Released From Prison After Paying His €1M Bail (video) / Wanted Journalist Replies Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.