Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall (24380 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / To All Nigerian Students Abroad / The Woes Of Nigerian Scholarship Students Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by year2013: 9:32pm On Feb 02
Gboom:

You are still wailing over your master loss almost a year ago
I can categorically tell your master no get ball to rule a complex country like Nigeria having fail woefully as a governor increasing poverty level of his people

See who is talking. I pity you. Have you eaten today?.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02
Another parent, who gave his name simply as Mr Smith, said he was aware that his son was to pay $17,000 for tuition in the US.

“But now when the dollar is around N1,500, where will we get over N25m? It is even better to invest the money in something else than to do this under pressure.”

Holy crap!! This is killing
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Eriokanmi: 9:47pm On Feb 02
YungTemy:
Na only God fit save us o shocked
God don save us, na to save ourselves remain, from the shackles of tribalism and religious bigotry, which always influence our decisions when voting a leader into power. We'd always end up in choosing wrongly until we shun these 2 menaces bedeviling us as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by completeskills: 9:48pm On Feb 02
emperor4love:
e weak me bro,people way de Nigeria de complain dis ones de complain as well, na naira dem de earn fr canada,need to ask

Students abroad can't work full time. What they earn can barely pay for their bills as well as feeding them. They need some savings in naira to help with their tution and daily sustanance. Once they graduate they can work and earn more.
Imagine saving 10million naira and using 1000 to 1£ as the exchange rate to make your budget. All of a sudden the exchange rate changes to 2000 to 1£. That means your money has lost value by half. Just like that!
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by maasoap(m): 9:54pm On Feb 02
ogododo:

Dem think say dem don escape APC wicked rule.
U dey talk say APC hand still dey reach dem for abroad? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by planetx: 9:59pm On Feb 02
Schooling abroad is an elitist pastime, Nigeria have more pressing issues with Nigerians living and schooling in Nigeria. If you can't afford it come back home like some did already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by maasoap(m): 10:01pm On Feb 02
Eriokanmi:
God don save us, na to save ourselves remain, from the shackles of tribalism and religious bigotry, which always influence our decisions when voting a leader into power. We'd always end up in choosing wrongly until we shun these 2 menaces bedeviling us as a nation

Talk another matter. Tinubu's votes were spread more evenly across the six regions than any other candidate among the four leading candidates with the exception of south east that voted based on tribalism where Obi got over 90% of the total presidential votes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by nedekid: 10:07pm On Feb 02
Emman08:
You dey abroad dey complain. Get off your ass, do some work and earn some money
Students have limited work hours if allowed to work in the first place. You breach it makes you legible for deportation.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Jman06(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02
I know that even the current economic hardship will not stop Nigerians from voting rubbish during next general election because Nigeria is full of tribal and religious bigots who would rather get everybody drowned in hardship so long as their tribesmen are in power.

The devil is fully in charge of Nigeria and it reflects in the pattern of voting in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by tefund(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02
Emman08:
You dey abroad dey complain. Get off your ass, do some work and earn some money
With student visa?
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by jimcaddy(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02
HahahahahahH 😂🤣😂 we never jam. Infact make the Naira keep reducing in value. You see that sense that we Nigerians have refused to have, we will have it by force. I won't say more than this. Long may it continue.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by hansomb: 11:10pm On Feb 02
With floating and without floating, with subsidy and without subsidy, dey still dey steal dey go. So why not just allow it in the first place. This are some bonuses the masses used to enjoy in the past without even knowing. Now Tinubu said everything must be standardized.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by TrackerSK: 11:11pm On Feb 02
YungTemy:
Vote nonsense come dey call God name
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by tete7000(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02
Its time for everyone to gbele, stay at home. No more japa.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by CockPit: 11:48pm On Feb 02
Eriokanmi:

2027 elections will still be voted and decided through duo lenses of religious bigotry and tribalism.

They would never change and I have come to accept that.

No matter what they pass through in life, they never learn a single lesson.

Nigerians deserve their leaders and like followers, like leaders!
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by adolfHitler1934: 11:55pm On Feb 02
Very very soon, in no distant time I mean, our Naira will be worse than these currencies.....

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by cucumbar: 12:31am On Feb 03
Gboom:

I can categorically tell your master no get ball to rule a complex country like Nigeria having fail woefully as a governor increasing poverty level of his people
We don see how your master Dey rule am na.

Bastard!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by gabicon: 12:31am On Feb 03
Lisalil:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-students-abroad-groan-over-naira-free-fall/?amp

The dollar scarcity issue is a reflection of our productivity as a nation. Chinese people do not look to their government for Forex, they make what the world needs and earn Forex. Swiss sells chocolates and luxury goods to earn Forex. Nigerians don't want to sell anything to the world or even buy local produce but expect their president to some how make Forex available. Out of 10 ships that berth in our ports only one goes back with goods. To satisfy our consumption appetite we need to earn commensurate Forex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Nawa4nl: 12:36am On Feb 03
RxCatalyst:

That is why the govt were not worried about your Monday sit at home when they see no value you give to the country. SW can't be imposing sir at home on their Mondays and government won't intervene because they know that's where the economy of the country lies
The Igbos u hate appear to be much better than ur skull mining, agbero & r@ping culture.

lets break and see how you will fare without our Oil & the business acumen of the Igbos
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Bigmospa: 12:57am On Feb 03
If i hear pim! most of u na ona papa wey be politicians caused this,oga if u don tire come back shikina..
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by xtian110: 1:22am On Feb 03
This is interesting the rain is falling on the just and unjust please you people should take heart o ,

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by ezegenigbonine: 1:23am On Feb 03
Shebi obi dey stingy grin grin grin

Make i see if agbado no go collect all the hard currencies he spend during election before exchange rate go stable

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by obaidan: 4:36am On Feb 03
YungTemy:
Leave baba God make e rest na...na our votes go save us not God. If we decide to vote a certain way, we must ne ready for the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by geoworldedu: 4:49am On Feb 03
emperor4love:
e weak me bro,people way de Nigeria de complain dis ones de complain as well, na naira dem de earn fr canada,need to ask
Read well, they are students, probably secondary or university students whose parents are in Naija here and they got their sponsors from here. Maybe before, they were paying $10000 dollar for school fee, so their papa and mama sent 4 million naira when dollar was still #400. Now their mama and papa have to cough out 16 million naira for same school fee when naira to dollar rate has become times four. And their parents can't afford it.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Sctests: 5:21am On Feb 03
Gboom:

You are still fooling your skull.

Not only poverty will kill you, hate the senior brother of poverty will tie you down like a cow for slaughter, then poverty will finish you pata pata.

Gbomsurudeen, keep voting mor0ns. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Ohraykon: 5:33am On Feb 03
rainluv:
I'm glad most of the students complaining are from the waste side
Good one 👍
oluku is that agulu man a saint, you be be wise, its still the same he would have been worse if he became president.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Ohraykon: 5:35am On Feb 03
Gboom:

oga sharap i am not a fan of peter obi, but leave politics shey what tinubu is doing is making sense to you? Are you a slave? Do love suffering smiling too much? Make una wise up is it until we all die?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Ohraykon: 5:37am On Feb 03
emperor4love:
no be that one exchange rate made dem poor, its not easy for them to work like that. Something they are not used to.
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by Fearurcreeator: 5:52am On Feb 03
Nawa4nl:
Wetin dem expect with a drug lord as President ❓️

How I wish it were only those who voted Tinubu that are suffering.

I encourage the SS & SE to reconsider they position in this country.

Once we realise our dream let's see where they will get Oil from & then let's see who will be using the Apapa Ports etc.

They think Agebroism is the way forward angry
Why always dragging SS with you people ... Thief
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:31am On Feb 03
emperor4love:
Their parents dey send them money in naira and they convert there...so the money no dey reach them again due to exchange high rate
Re: Nigerian Students Abroad Groan Over Naira Free Fall by OChimex: 7:16am On Feb 03
Enddy50ty:
Tinubu should forget about infrastructure and tackle issues of the economy especially this Naira free fall for now.
People are hungry.

It's the infrastructures that drive the economy. Without infrastructures, any economy will collapse, Nigeria as a case study

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saratu Garba: 11-Year-Old Kano Maths Genius Gets World Bank-Assisted Scholarship / No Nigerian University Made It To The Top 1000 Universities In The World / Why Church Universities Are Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.