Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? (19954 Views)

I Want My Friend, José Peseiro To Win The AFCON - Jose Mourinho / José Peseiro Profile: Incoming Super Eagles Coach? / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by wizelink(m): 10:58am On Feb 03
I have no comment until end of the tournament.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 10:58am On Feb 03
mipeesoft:
Yes nah peseiro will win in the land of the mumus who voted for apc in the last general elections grin grin

Yes na. Those lands have the majority. Take or or choke on it
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by jesmond3945: 11:17am On Feb 03
Empresa:
It is either he is not a good coach or the players does not listen to him.

Any good coach with the talent at his disposal will play a business minded entertaining football and win matches by scoring more than one goal per match.

If Super eagles win this afcon, it's more of luck and Individual talent than the Paseíro.

Good luck Super eagles
go and play now make we see. You are entertaining people to loose

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Dybala11(m): 11:36am On Feb 03
papyjaypaul:
He should just do and go. I don't understand why Africans no de shame. Look at the World Cup, see how countries go with their countrymen. Look at we Africans, we go de carry oyinbo like say we no get sense and we be slaves. Kolo mentality no do us well

Don't we ever think of growth? This is why I dislike our sports journalists. We don't need sentiments to keep a Nigerian but if we love this country, we should stop calling for Mourinho or whoever is abroad. We should have sense and build our own. e get some kain things wey be say na only YOUR Naija coach fit connect to the players. Na Portuguese e wan use enter our boys? Later we go complain about dollar but why we go de spend money on top oyinbo. wetin do black man wey he hate himself
You're not making sense. It was a Nigerian that coached the Eagles in the last AFCON and our last match in the 2022 world cup qualifier, what happened at the end of the day?
If it's a Nigerian that will make us do well, then we should go for it. Not all this rubbish you dey yarn.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Ubdavis(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
He is not that fantastic just relying on the experience of the players

I pity ur mentality..
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Ubdavis(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03
He is beginning to clear my doubt
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Metrofox(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03
Kenochi:
Coach Peseiro has gotten his tactics spot on and to be fair to him,he is making the best of what is available to him
It is not a matter of luck,the man has shown an understanding of reading our opponents and creating a system to contain them
From the first game till the one against Angola,he used a very unfamiliar system that is working
The only issue I have with the coach is his inability to make certain changes during our games.
It seems he always plays the same team and he is always reluctant to make changes when the team needs it.
A very good team just needs to study the Nigerian team,it is very obvious that they get tired from around the 60th minute,all that is needed is to bring in fresh legs from around this period that will run at that Nigerian defence,they might eventually collapse
We all Oshimen,Lookman and Simon have played out their hearts and this guys need to rest
Let the coach start the semi finals with one or two fresh legs,why take over 23 players to a competition and you end up playing less than 13

......still selling our properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub kindly click on the signature for more details

Why do you need to change a system that is working for you?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by papyjaypaul: 1:11pm On Feb 03
Dybala11:

You're not making sense. It was a Nigerian that coached the Eagles in the last AFCON and our last match in the 2022 world cup qualifier, what happened at the end of the day?
If it's a Nigerian that will make us do well, then we should go for it. Not all this rubbish you dey yarn.
You're not making any sense either because only Africans make this arguments. You conveniently ignored my point that Keshi won in 2013. How many European teams you guys like to watch and copy use foreign coaches to succeed? If you guys like stats in football, you all know a foreign coach can never win the world cup because they have never and that's the ultimate prize in international football.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by papyjaypaul: 1:14pm On Feb 03
2Radii:

England once employed fabio capello
Portugal went to 2006 with a Brazilian coach
USA employed Germany coach Klinsmann
Saudi Arabia went to 2022 with a French coach..

So almost every footballing employs foreign coach as they wishes

Fair enough but I like stats and no foreign coach has won the world cup. A foreigner can win UEFA and all that stuff but the ultimate prize of football has never been won by a foreigner.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by deji17: 1:16pm On Feb 03
Why is senior man Kelz not playing? He is such a quality player that still has much to give to the super eagles.
I initially thought he will be our super sub that will come in and get more goals for us. But this is not happening and having played 5 games without him, it gets me wondering.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by papyjaypaul: 1:17pm On Feb 03
fashrola:

If you travel abroad shey you go wan work?

If yes? Why do you wanna take over their jobs?

I am waiting for the number of African journalists that will be commentators and photographers at the Euro 2024 the way I see and hear them at AFCON. Some Africans don't understand the power of economy and getting our people to work first. The abroad you are talking about, they put their people first before others. We put foreigners first before ourselves.Na who mumu pass?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by papyjaypaul: 1:19pm On Feb 03
Freshtruth:
so your problem is about the is nationality please stop praying for us to loose this Nation cup oo. Wizard. He should continue for me

It is not my problem. I want him to win and I think he will win the tournament but he is not a coach for the future, which is the world cup. Nigerians may have amnesia but I'm not one to forget his style before this tournament. Let him use Nigeria to help his CV but he is not a long term coach.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by ViceGovernor: 1:57pm On Feb 03
suckmedownthere:
His playing strategies are more focused in the defence line which frustrates any fast team
Yeah 😊 isn't it wonderful.
Such a joy to behold his playing style is just like that of his mentor Jose mourinho.
5 games, 4 wins ,1 draw and 1 goal against.

Once Nigeria score before you now game over👌🏾
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by ViceGovernor: 2:13pm On Feb 03
Empresa:
It is either he is not a good coach or the players does not listen to him.

Any good coach with the talent at his disposal will play a business minded entertaining football and win matches by scoring more than one goal per match.

If Super eagles win this afcon, it's more of luck and Individual talent than the Paseíro.

Good luck Super eagles
Luck 🙂 are you kidding me?
Tell me when in the history of super eagles they have ever gone to tournament and conceded just 1 goal in 5 games.

That has nothing to do with luck sir don't misuse the word luck...all out wins have been based on pure superior tactical ability of our coach.
Entertaining football doesn't win tournaments....a strong defence is what gets the job done.

After the first game this man adjusted his tactics all round and since then no team has gotten clear cut chances against us and you dare call that luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by mipeesoft(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03
I dey laff ooo...when nearly all the apc mumus are shouting ebi npa wa (meaning they are going through severe hunger) couple with the insecurity, even a blind man can attest to all these hardship. It can only take a wicked heart to wish for the continuity of what is going on in Nigeria under apc.
Benwallt:

Yes na. Those lands have the majority. Take or or choke on it
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by doneback04: 2:37pm On Feb 03
PrinceOfLagos:
He has performed excellently well and I know that the super eagles will lift the nation's cup trophy 🏆

God bless Nigeria

Just pray for the hosting nation to be out because you can boost of winning the nation cup
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Mryacks: 2:54pm On Feb 03
Meektunz:
The super eagles of Nigeria has now progressed to the Semi finals of the AFCON after defeating Angola. Nigerian Coach has faced alot of critisms prior to the AFCON. But to me he has done so well to silence his critics because if Nigeria was knocked out, he would be the first person to be blamed. Guys, what do you have to say about José Peseiro thus far?

After the first match against Equatorial Guinea, he reverted/changed to a new fomation that is working well thus far. It is not the pretty expansive football we'd expect the Super Eagles vto play but it's giving us the results.

See all the big teams knocked out because they were underestimating and going toe-to-toe with the so-called minors. I think our coach realised that early and choose to change the team's set-up.

Solid work so far...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by 2Radii: 4:12pm On Feb 03
papyjaypaul:

Fair enough but I like stats and no foreign coach has won the world cup. A foreigner can win UEFA and all that stuff but the ultimate prize of football has never been won by a foreigner.

Ok, I love the stats as well, but has any foreign coach won afcon, concacaf, euro and other continental cups??
If yes then commot ontop grin
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Subonbon(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
He is not that fantastic just relying on the experience of the players
who then dey fantastic.... Una and complain undecided
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by kernniejay(m): 5:14pm On Feb 03
Benwallt:
If he contests Nigeria presidency against Peter Obi, he will win in a landslide
You mean say he don win the heart of more Nigerians than Peter Obi? I don laugh tire.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03
kernniejay:
You mean say he don win the heart of more Nigerians than Peter Obi? I don laugh tire.

Yes o. Obi can't win any heart aside that of his fellow Igbo. As you know, they are dot in a circle
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by kernniejay(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03
Benwallt:

Yes o. Obi can't win any heart aside that of his fellow Igbo. As you know, they are dot in a circle
Well, I'm not igbo but i still prefer Obi to Tinu or Atik.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03
kernniejay:
Well, I'm not igbo but i still prefer Obi to Tinu or Atik.

It's allowed brother. That's human nature. What you like I abhor and what I love you hate. Life goes on.

I am Yoruba and I prefer Tinubu any day.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by kernniejay(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03
Benwallt:

It's allowed brother. That's human nature. What you like I abhor and what I love you hate. Life goes on.

I am Yoruba and I prefer Tinubu any day.
Well said bro. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by philipobiz: 7:21pm On Feb 03
His strategy is defencive solidity, high work rate of the team and efficency. Reminds me of Jose Morhino's style of old that brough him success
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by godwon01(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03
The boys were also determined to play in order to promote their carriers and to make history for themselves. For some of them , they may not have the opportunity to play in AFCON again.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by SirFarads01(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03
Thinktwicemybro:

People like you are the reason Nigeria coaches fails. Thank God this is a foreign coach. Kelechi and chukwuze does not fall back or defend. Both of them are not good passers compared to iwobi. Onuachi is big and can hold the ball for long that is why he is brought in at last minute to run down the clock. Aribo has a good clearance and is defensive minded so he is also good for last minutes too.
If you don't understand the game, keep your opinion. If you were the coach we would have been Knocked out since just like eguavon did to us last time with his poor tactics and made us not to pass quarter final and even lost out on the world cup.

You are entitled to your opinion aside Chukwueze who has played we haven't seen Moffi or Kelechi feature. Are you saying the two cannot contribute anything meaningful to the game ?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Testimony1988(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03
He's getting used to the players, he should try to play some of the players he has used since the match started.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by achorladey: 8:05pm On Feb 03
The fact that the eagles can run and mark well is really nice. That energy to run is a game changer
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Cmanforall: 8:41pm On Feb 03
Odidigboigbo:
What he did in the past has nothing to do in the present. What has he done so far in this AFCON, since the coach has been using him as a substitute against the likes of Moffy and Kelechi? He can't even run, dribble nor control the ball. He is more than useless to the team
Even if you are Ronaldo or Messi, having 3 to 7 minutes is not enough to make an impact.
Most times, he's been brought in to hold on play and run out injury time. So far, he's not been brought in to score goals
Sub him in 60 to 75 minutes, then you can ask of his impact
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by prinsam30: 9:28pm On Feb 03
Chikel20000:
Till we meet Ivory Coast for finals....I'll then say my mind

na so una talk about Angola oo, now what happened
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Ohraykon: 10:22pm On Feb 03
derolemode:
Nigeria plays with an abysmal performance. We're only lucky to go this far, there's really no quality in the team. Those boys lack confidence in the field of play. So far they've been on the lucky side, as a Nigerian, I hope they find luck till they lift the trophy 🏆 but they can't get past group stage with this kind of show in the world cup and I hope by then they'll be an overhaul of the entire team from scratch.
dem no fit satisfy una sha i am sure you can't even raise ball 10 times. Keypad warrior welldone sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me / Another Hat-Trick For Ronaldo As Al Nassr Win Their First Of The Season In Style / Precious Orji And Husband Welcome Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.