Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? (19945 Views)

I Want My Friend, José Peseiro To Win The AFCON - Jose Mourinho / José Peseiro Profile: Incoming Super Eagles Coach? / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by DenreleDave(m): 6:53am On Feb 03
He is better than mourinho, guardiola, ancelloti and Ferguson..

Best coach in the world

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by fashrola(m): 6:53am On Feb 03
papyjaypaul:
He should just do and go. I don't understand why Africans no de shame. Look at the World Cup, see how countries go with their countrymen. Look at we Africans, we go de carry oyinbo like say we no get sense and we be slaves. Kolo mentality no do us well

Don't we ever think of growth? This is why I dislike our sports journalists. We don't need sentiments to keep a Nigerian but if we love this country, we should stop calling for Mourinho or whoever is abroad. We should have sense and build our own. e get some kain things wey be say na only YOUR Naija coach fit connect to the players. Na Portuguese e wan use enter our boys? Later we go complain about dollar but why we go de spend money on top oyinbo. wetin do black man wey he hate himself

If you travel abroad shey you go wan work?

If yes? Why do you wanna take over their jobs?

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by webincomeplus(m): 6:59am On Feb 03
Kenochi:
Coach Peseiro has gotten his tactics spot on and to be fair to him,he is making the best of what is available to him
It is not a matter of luck,the man has shown an understanding of reading our opponents and creating a system to contain them
From the first game till the one against Angola,he used a very unfamiliar system that is working
The only issue I have with the coach is his inability to make certain changes during our games.
It seems he always plays the same team and he is always reluctant to make changes when the team needs it.
A very good team just needs to study the Nigerian team,it is very obvious that they get tired from around the 60th minute,all that is needed is to bring in fresh legs from around this period that will run at that Nigerian defence,they might eventually collapse
We all Oshimen,Lookman and Simon have played out their hearts and this guys need to rest
Let the coach start the semi finals with one or two fresh legs,why take over 23 players to a competition and you end up playing less than 13

......still selling our properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub kindly click on the signature for more details
There's nothing like "played out there hearts" in a 7-match competition. The matches are well spaced out.

"Never change a winning team" is a golden rule in coaching. And no coach would risk introducing unproven players when a match isn't already won convincingly.

And going by what this Afcon has witnessed so far, convincing victories like 3-0 or 4-0 are hard to come by. Not even in these knockout stages.

The boys would be fine. They have only two matches left to play.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by chrisukeka(m): 7:00am On Feb 03
Kudos to him for getting the defensive shape right
But he's an average coach, the number of trophies 🏆 in his cabinet says it all

He is very rigid, when he trust a player, even if the player commits blunders....he won't replace him. Example Zaidu Sanusi - tell me why a coach wey get sense 🤔 no go put Bruno, or draft bassey to 3, so you will be more fluid in attack - more like leverkusen.

Super Eagles will suffer with team with low block - Defensive teams. Because they will hardly unlock it....Surprisingly, the teams we've played so far all wants to come out and play🙄

Even if Nigeria 🇳🇬 wins 🏆 the cups, which they will
Pesiero is an average coach.

This team will struggle against a technical European team

Meektunz:
The super eagles of Nigeria has now progressed to the Semi finals of the AFCON after defeating Angola. Nigerian Coach has faced alot of critisms prior to the AFCON. But to me he has done so well to silence his critics because if Nigeria was knocked out, he would be the first person to be blamed. Guys, what do you have to say about José Peseiro thus far?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by israelmao(m): 7:02am On Feb 03
One thing I have learned in life is that you can use positive results and great success to silence great and fierce opposition.I think Emilokan should learn from this too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by TUANKU(m): 7:03am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
He is not that fantastic just relying on the experience of the players
What a dumb take. Is he supposed to rely on the experience of bandits? Why didn't your own fellow Nigerians like Eguavoen and Oliseh rely on the players experience? You're just a bitter person. Banza!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Oboto700(m): 7:04am On Feb 03
Chikel20000:
Till we meet Ivory Coast for finals....I'll then say my mind
most of una Dey ment... NA different ivory coast we wan play again?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Oboto700(m): 7:05am On Feb 03
chrisukeka:

Kudos to him for getting the defensive shape right
But he's an average coach, the number of trophies 🏆 in his cabinet says it all

He is very rigid, when he trust a player, even if the player commits blunders....he won't replace him. Example Zaidu Sanusi - tell me why a coach wey get sense 🤔 no go put Bruno, or draft bassey to 3, so you will be more fluid in attack - more like leverkusen.

Super Eagles will suffer with team with low block - Defensive teams. Because they will hardly unlock it....Surprisingly, the teams we've played so far all wants to come out and play🙄

Even if Nigeria 🇳🇬 wins 🏆 the cups, which they will
Pesiero is an average coach.

This team will struggle against a technical European team

you are a big fool

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by composure: 7:11am On Feb 03
Iwobi have no business in super Eagles 🦅 for now,, I wonder why he kept featuring him even upto 75min on the pitch
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by 2Radii: 7:14am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
So u mean ur former coach refused to capitalise on dhe experience of these same players fhat is why we go eliminated by Tunisia in Cameroon abi??

When u work hard to deserve recognition I swear ur recognition won't be accorded to you but instead be given to ur subordinates....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by gideonvalor98(m): 7:14am On Feb 03
A bit impressed, but he should master the act of making substitutions that will kill off the match. I was expecting he will bring on chukwueze yesterday cos of his flair, dribbles and runs. Osimhen is overworking himself. He should manage his energy, so as to have strength needed in the final third and box 18
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by flyingdutchman(m): 7:17am On Feb 03
Coach: "All of una carry my ball, load am to Victor Osimehn".
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by femi4: 7:21am On Feb 03
Meektunz:
The super eagles of Nigeria has now progressed to the Semi finals of the AFCON after defeating Angola. Nigerian Coach has faced alot of critisms prior to the AFCON. But to me he has done so well to silence his critics because if Nigeria was knocked out, he would be the first person to be blamed. Guys, what do you have to say about José Peseiro thus far?
He plays ugly football
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by 2Radii: 7:22am On Feb 03
papyjaypaul:
He should just do and go. I don't understand why Africans no de shame. Look at the World Cup, see how countries go with their countrymen. Look at we Africans, we go de carry oyinbo like say we no get sense and we be slaves. Kolo mentality no do us well

Don't we ever think of growth? This is why I dislike our sports journalists. We don't need sentiments to keep a Nigerian but if we love this country, we should stop calling for Mourinho or whoever is abroad. We should have sense and build our own. e get some kain things wey be say na only YOUR Naija coach fit connect to the players. Na Portuguese e wan use enter our boys? Later we go complain about dollar but why we go de spend money on top oyinbo. wetin do black man wey he hate himself

England once employed fabio capello
Portugal went to 2006 with a Brazilian coach
USA employed Germany coach Klinsmann
Saudi Arabia went to 2022 with a French coach..

So almost every footballing employs foreign coach as they wishes

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by femi4: 7:22am On Feb 03
gideonvalor98:
A bit impressed, but he should master the act of making substitutions that will kill off the match. I was expecting he will bring on chukwueze yesterday cos of his flair, dribbles and runs. Osimhen is overworking himself. He should manage his energy, so as to have strength needed in the final third and box 18
chukwueze that won't pass
Can't mark
Can't cross

Even his dribbling no pure

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by 2Radii: 7:23am On Feb 03
Tumber:
Let’s be honest.. he’s just been lucky undecided
So u mean ur former coach refused to capitalise on dhe experience of these same players fhat is why we go eliminated by Tunisia in Cameroon abi??

When u work hard to deserve recognition I swear ur recognition won't be accorded to you but instead be given to ur subordinates....
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by stevups(m): 7:24am On Feb 03
suckmedownthere:
His playing strategies are more focused in the defence line which frustrates any fast team

You are correct
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Felix6: 7:24am On Feb 03
He is totally useless. Why would a coach not make substitutions when it's evident that the guys are completely exhausted.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by ogbonti: 7:31am On Feb 03
Kenochi:
Coach Peseiro has gotten his tactics spot on and to be fair to him,he is making the best of what is available to him
It is not a matter of luck,the man has shown an understanding of reading our opponents and creating a system to contain them
From the first game till the one against Angola,he used a very unfamiliar system that is working
The only issue I have with the coach is his inability to make certain changes during our games.
It seems he always plays the same team and he is always reluctant to make changes when the team needs it.
A very good team just needs to study the Nigerian team,it is very obvious that they get tired from around the 60th minute,all that is needed is to bring in fresh legs from around this period that will run at that Nigerian defence,they might eventually collapse
We all Oshimen,Lookman and Simon have played out their hearts and this guys need to rest
Let the coach start the semi finals with one or two fresh legs,why take over 23 players to a competition and you end up playing less than 13

......still selling our properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub kindly click on the signature for more details

YOU SMOKE ukwale Igbo abi ?

Have you not heard the saying - you dont change a winning team >? You want the man to start experimenting at this stage of the competition so you can blame him for not winning right ? When Chukwueze was running like a headless chicken in the first game, why didnt you tell him to be focused and not be selfish ? Kelechi was injured and by the time he gained fitness - the ship has sailed, and that is what happens in clubs allover the world - UNTIL a reliable gets injured (god forbid then you have an opportunity to perform and keep the shirt in the line up)

so who do you want them to remove now? LOOKMAN ? SIMON ? OSIHMEN ? ------ hmmmm
even in TUNISIA'94 ----- THE likes of victor ikpeba did not play in the tournament and he was the best scorer in FRENCH LIGUE UNE
Emmanuel Anunike ---- who scored both goals in the finals - to win the AFCON for Nigeria did not play until the FINALS against ZAMBIA

so cool down - we are winning that is what matters for now!!! EVERYONE CAN NOT ENTER THE FIELD AT ONCE - it is 11 -11 that plays
team success in tournaments is not about the quality of the the individual players, it is not about skills - its about team CHEMISTRY!!!!

and the ones playing now seem to understand themselves better - that was why everyone wanted NWABALI to heal so that CHEMISTRY can continue - not necessarily because he is better than the other 2 goal keepers - but HE FITS IN THE WINNING CHEMISTRY right now!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Felix6: 7:31am On Feb 03
gideonvalor98:
He wait to see a player drop dead before substituting him. Chukwueze should have come in earlier for lookman, moffi for Osimhen, rather than Paul who is not built for counter attack play.
Oyeka had given too much and was struggling, but the coach kept him in when Aribo, Raphael, Alhassan were all fit.
Peseiro is a no no.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by RepoMan007: 7:31am On Feb 03
He should manage Nigeria economically and as a country. No nepotism in selection otherwise musa for be captain.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by zedman1(m): 7:34am On Feb 03
papyjaypaul:
Nigerians will always criticize because they have higj taste. This is what happened to Keshi whose sack letter was waiting before the end of group stage. Only for him to win and Jonathan intervened.
Exactly what was on my mind. I remember how much they complained about Keshi in the beginning of that tournament. The thing is, no matter how much you try, they don't see it, until you win. You'll be surprised to see the same people complaining turn around to praise you like they never said any negative thing about you before. Even the very best coaches/ teams lose sometimes.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Mandate1: 7:41am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
so what does a coach do afterall? You play to the strength of your players. No one assembled the players for him, give him some kudos.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by ViktorCash: 7:45am On Feb 03
Mourinho football

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by tolurx(m): 7:48am On Feb 03
I can't complain. We are winning games.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by rotadeco27: 7:51am On Feb 03
Kenochi:

Oga that ur suggestion of bringing fresh legs is completely off point! , Foot ball Is not only played with the legs but with minds , players that have not grown in to the game will do ball-watching and mess up the whole thing, if you notice , the same players but different formations were used , lookman and Simon were allowed to switch against Angola which made it difficult for Angola defence to calculatedly mark them because they have watch them play and instructed no 2 and 3 on how best to check mate them , but the switching made it difficult and that was why most of SE attacks were from the flanks. The coach should only introduce new players when the game is 2/3 gone and we are at least 2 goals up.
Unless a team already qualified in a group stage or u are playing an obviously weak underdog side , no team changes the winning legs and tactics at the semifinals sir.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Miller232: 7:54am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
Shut up Oga the man obviously has a plan he is using to play in this Afcon and the players are working with him

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by sameks08(m): 7:54am On Feb 03
Before the commencement of the match I saw Him shaking everybody on the bench I think that was commendable moreover He is doing well by caring everybody along

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:59am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
It is well with Nigerians. You do well, you will be critiqued, you no come do well, Dem go still critique. This was someone that came in and saw the light in the squad which gernot roh could not.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:00am On Feb 03
He has done well. His accomplishments so far has taught the NFF a lesson that the sacking of Rhor and replacing him with Eguavoen for AFCON 2021 was foolishness on their part.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Empresa: 8:02am On Feb 03
It is either he is not a good coach or the players does not listen to him.

Any good coach with the talent at his disposal will play a business minded entertaining football and win matches by scoring more than one goal per match.

If Super eagles win this afcon, it's more of luck and Individual talent than the Paseíro.

Good luck Super eagles

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:05am On Feb 03
Chikel20000:
Till we meet Ivory Coast for finals....I'll then say my mind
You all will never get convinced of his accomplishments because that is what all was said in every wins. Till we meet this, till we meet that, till we beat Cameroon, till we meet Angola.
You can never reach a valid conclusion till they beat a team from heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From The Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match / Is Messi Still Good Enough For A Big Price Tag Or Is He In Decline? / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.