Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,020 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ (31038 Views)

Underage Prostitution In Nigeria / RRS Rescues 3 Teenagers From Forced Prostitution. / 5 Arrested In Italy For Forced Prostitution Of Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by ijustdey: 8:54pm On Feb 02
The Belgian government has said Nigerians have the highest number of people in forced prostitution in the European country.

Addressing a press conference in Abuja on Friday, Mr Freddy Roosemont, the Director-General of the Belgian Office for Foreigners, said most Nigerians were deceived into the country with the promise of job placements.
He said most of them are however being forced into prostitution by traffickers once they arrived in the country.

“The dream is not real, it’s not easy to survive in Europe without a decent job. The dream is fake.

Belgium is not land of milk and honey, nor is Europe. This was not the case before, but is even less so now, in a world with many crisis hotspots with severe economic consequences”, Roosemont said.

He lamented that more Nigerians were currently seeking asylum in Belgium, adding that it makes little sense.

“Asylum is determined on the basis of the Geneva Convention and economic motives are not included. Therefore the recognition rate for asylum is very low and the chances of obtaining a residence permit are almost non-existent,” the Belgian official said.
He said no fewer than 362 Nigerian migrants sought asylum in 2022 while 380 of them applied in 2023, adding that only a few of them got their application granted.

“As a consequence, people are forced to live in irregular stay, without a social safety net, in precarious conditions. They risk economic exploitation and women risk ending up in prostitution”, he said.

He charged Nigerians to ignore those trying to deceive them into embarking on the journey to Europe without admission to a university, a job offer from a Belgian company or an invitation from a family member to relocate.

https://dailytrust.com/japa-many-nigerians-in-forced-prostitution-in-belgium/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Amotolongbo(f): 10:10pm On Feb 02
Edo state and Delta will surely account for 90%

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by JasonScoolari: 10:25pm On Feb 02
Amotolongbo:
Is your life centered around bigotry?

This is not a cheering News for Nigeria, and at such, dampens our reputation we are struggling to maintain in the committee of Nations...

You're a married woman, behaving like a loosed fellow online, CHANGE.

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Amotolongbo(f): 10:36pm On Feb 02
JasonScoolari:
Is your life centered on bigotry?

This is not a cheering News for Nigeria, and at such, dampens our reputation we are struggling to maintain in the committee of Nations...

attention seeker.

You’ve been marked present today ✅

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by JasonScoolari: 10:38pm On Feb 02
Amotolongbo:
attention seeker.

You’ve been marked present today ✅
The attention seeker here is you doing the silly profiling.

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Okoroawusa: 10:42pm On Feb 02
Na today?

3 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by matify83: 10:45pm On Feb 02
All you need to understand that Nigeria is a good place is when you become stranded in Europe without a shelter or job to earn a living.

The biblical prodigal son is our witness.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Amotolongbo(f): 10:48pm On Feb 02
JasonScoolari:
The attention seeker here is you doing the silly profiling.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Smartguyboy(m): 11:12pm On Feb 02
Marrying a Nigerian woman who base Europe is …..

5 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Anguldi(m): 12:01am On Feb 03
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Zanzibar1: 12:05am On Feb 03
It's one of the oldest trade in the world. Many won't be willing to come back to Nigeria anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by easyfem(m): 10:21am On Feb 03
Hmmmm , pls don’t just jump into conclusion if you never feed yourself bfor . It’s not easy to b an adult . U’ve gat to live . Life ain’t easy for an average Nigeria … I’m not supporting prostitution ooo but most lady can do it if there is no option so if u are lady here and u wanna jump into conclusion , ask urself , if I remove my husband , dad , uncle or bf out of my life ….will I still do ashewo?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Dittodat: 10:21am On Feb 03
Na today?
I still remember seeing Nigerian prostitutes in the Red light district in Amsterdam more than 26 years ago. This has been going on for long time.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by ProudNigerian01: 10:21am On Feb 03
May God help us all amen.

Have you read the Bible today? Read the verse below and pray with it:

Deut.8.18 - Always remember that it is the LORD your God who gives you power to become rich, and he does it to fulfill the covenant he made with your ancestors.

Prayer: Father I pray for the power to become rich in the name of Jesus. Amen.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:22am On Feb 03
cry
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Mitsurugi(m): 10:23am On Feb 03
Sad
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by jesmond3945: 10:23am On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:
you are a closet bigot

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by bluefilm: 10:23am On Feb 03
That's quite shocking
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Agunesinjaweola: 10:23am On Feb 03
Which part of Nigeria
Nigeria is divided to different regions and we know the area with insatiable appetite for such lurid business.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Crafteck1: 10:24am On Feb 03
JasonScoolari:
Is your life centered around bigotry?

But isnt it true, no be fight or tribalism matter , its been an existing problem in those regions for years, exists in others too but not as much..

10 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Savedday2: 10:24am On Feb 03
What a time to be a Nigerian!

But wait oh! Does that means we are exporting prostitution?
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by franchasofficia: 10:25am On Feb 03
Hian shocked
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by VeryWickedMan: 10:25am On Feb 03
They are in prostitution but it wasn't forced.
I know my people.

14 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Roger3D(m): 10:26am On Feb 03
My people from that side una well done o grin

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Funsho0000: 10:28am On Feb 03
Haa
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by saddler: 10:29am On Feb 03
lipsrsealed
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by omoadeleye(m): 10:29am On Feb 03
They were useless in Nigeria and were complaining how Nigeria is bad to them, they still japa and became useless abroad.

21 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by Think9ja(m): 10:29am On Feb 03
Southerners have destroyed Nigeria.

You can accuse the north of illiteracy, backwardness, bigotry, etc.

But if every region in Nigeria was to be like that, Nigeria will still have small respect. The west will say we are still evolving.

Nigerians are a nuisance everywhere in the world. If it is not fraud, it is drugs. If it is not drug, it is prostitution or trying to beat the system.

No country wants to have anything to do with Nigerians

Aboki people own better say na inhouse destruction dem de do.

Most of us here have one bad apple in our families that has sworn to pull the family down. In that case, the solution is not to run to your neighbor's house and start constituting nuisance. It's your family they will laugh at. (In this case Nigeria).

Nigerians are a huge liability to themselves and the entire world.

Stay Nigeria do your olosho work you no gree, now see wetin you make this man de talk about us.

Me na inhouse I go stay destroy this contraption. I no go give any rubbish white man chance to use me do yeye and if you come do am for nija, I go break bottle for your head.

Useless people all trying to form woke

Rubbish citizens

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by CHRISTFUCKER: 10:30am On Feb 03
I rather be a slave in Belgium than be in Shitigeria
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians In Forced Prostitution In Belgium’ by MrBroke(m): 10:32am On Feb 03
CHRISTFUCKER:
I rather be a slave in Belgium than be in Shitigeria

No wahala. E dey your blood self

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Shot By A Nigerian In South Africa For Not Knowing Where Weed Is Sold / Apprentice Pours Hot Water On Colleague In Lagos (Graphic Pic) / Father Beats His Son With Cutlass In Kaduna. Injures Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.