Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? (32517 Views)

See Price List Of Gas In My Area (see Photo) / NDLEA Arrests 73 Drug Offenders, Seizes 1,781.85 Kg Of Indian Hemp In Osun / How Much Is Gas Sold In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Curious345: 9:53pm On Feb 03
Olichoke:

Yes, I live in Itobe

Cool.. I last Came there in 2002... How is that place now .. has it developed
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by janeedema(f): 9:59pm On Feb 03
Maybe that was the plan. It wasn't intended to be built in a day.

Houseontherock1:

Come off it! Rome was built, it was deliberate. Here there seems to be no plans for building...just an autopilot kinda trip
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Treasuredvessel: 10:15pm On Feb 03
N980,Jos
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:20pm On Feb 03
1040 in Kano
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Isolock: 10:32pm On Feb 03
hitekk:
Just went out to fill my gas and was told that 1 kg is now 1200 against 1000 naira that it was sold.

How is it at your end?

N1060/ kg
Gas plant in my area (Abuja)
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by kingxsamz(m): 10:44pm On Feb 03
It's N1100 per kg normally, but N500 for APC supporters.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by MrCaesar: 10:45pm On Feb 03
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by emmyN(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03
LibertyRep:
Some people were changing their the carburetors of their cars and generators to run on gas not too long ago.

Now it's already looking like a bad decision.

Gas used to be around #200 per Kg during COVID.

How did we get to this stage?

Not a bad decision. The carburetor is hybrid, runs both gas and petrol.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by ccollins(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03
hitekk:

We keep warning them but they always fail to listen.

How this great grandpa brainwashed those guys still remain a misery to me. He is now in Abuja balling whereas those that voted for him are languishing in hunger.
people didn’t want him and most people didn’t vote him. Inec staffs and some of their heads rigged the elections massively in favor with f tinubu by changing the election results sheets
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by kabanayol9(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03
hitekk:
Just went out to fill my gas and was told that 1 kg is now 1200 against 1000 naira that it was sold.

How is it at your end?
Same here, 1kg is now #1,200 at Ibadan.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by quiteboy(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03
Darling daddy children are buying it for 400 naira. Swine
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by quiteboy(m): 11:53pm On Feb 03
grin
maestro299:

I no understand this part bros.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Camoready: 12:43am On Feb 04
N1016. Rano station, Abuja
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by kmaster007: 12:55am On Feb 04
#1050 lag
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Goziesolar: 1:01am On Feb 04
insidelife22:
Ogbunike
Anambra
hmm umu ayi
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by pretydiva(f): 1:18am On Feb 04
tenpipsperday:

No, something is working.

Teaching Obi lessons is working.
Eyah. How myopic of you
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by fecoleef123(m): 1:24am On Feb 04
1k Lagos olodi apapa
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by venabili: 1:49am On Feb 04
OfeAchi:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Give Jagaban more time to stabilise the economy. By end of this year, everything would normalize. Naira would find it's place of rest at N500 to $1.
It took Jagaban at least one year to transform Lagos.
Good, established, improvements take time to form.
You don't just build a school in one day!

Really? When the 2024 budget was built on N800/$? And custom has changed its rate to over N1400? Those are indicators thats signals that there is no plan to go back to N500/$.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by venabili: 1:58am On Feb 04
Elsueno:

Nah, we would be lucky if it doesn’t cross 2k by December

A miracle if it goes back to 1k and stabilizes

And I ain't hating or anything, but I really don't see this administration doing anything to tackle the fundamental issues that would help bring in more forex in.....Power, Security etc.

It most likely will cross 2k. FX inflow into the country will worsen overtime. Its simple business logic. No one want to invest in a country where they cant easily repatriate profit.

Imagine an airline that made N800m in profit for reptraition in 2021/22. That was $2m on their books. But they were unable to repatriate until recently at N1200ish. Thats less than 700k usd. Over $1.3m lost to FX only. Thats why foreign companies are leaving in droves.

In all likelyhood, Shell, Agip and Mobil will find their way year too. Other manufacturing entities will be forced to leave as cost of generating power via diesel keeps rising. They cant pass the cost fully to consumer as our buying power is seriously eroded.

And the MTEF still has more borrowing till 2026. Apart from Dangote refinery, everything looks bleak. And analyst now belive we shouldn't expect that refinery to save us.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by 234GT(m): 2:38am On Feb 04
ccollins:
people didn’t want him and most people didn’t vote him. Inec staffs and some of their heads rigged the elections massively in favor with f tinubu by changing the election results sheets
ì

People voted Tinubu massively. He won fair and square due to our foolishness as Nigerias......He was voted for massively in Ekiti state because he is a yoruba....Unfortunately, Tinubu is not suffering today....it is we Yorubas that are suffering....

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Fujiyama: 3:48am On Feb 04
venabili:

It most likely will cross 2k. FX inflow into the country will worsen overtime. Its simple business logic. No one want to invest in a country where they cant easily repatriate profit.

Imagine an airline that made N800m in profit for reptraition in 2021/22. That was $2m on their books. But they were unable to repatriate until recently at N1200ish. Thats less than 700k usd. Over $1.3m lost to FX only. Thats why foreign companies are leaving in droves.

In all likelyhood, Shell, Agip and Mobil will find their way year too. Other manufacturing entities will be forced to leave as cost of generating power via diesel keeps rising. They cant pass the cost fully to consumer as our buying power is seriously eroded.

And the MTEF still has more borrowing till 2026. Apart from Dangote refinery, everything looks bleak. And analyst now belive we shouldn't expect that refinery to save us.

^^^
Nothing more to add.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by todugo(m): 5:04am On Feb 04
hitekk:

How this great grandpa brainwashed those guys still remain a misery to me. He is now in Abuja balling whereas those that voted for him are languishing in hunger.
person wey no dey Nigeria sef,E don jet off abroad.
Tribal bigots will rather choose for their brothers to be in power and the country on fire, than for another tribe whom they dispise to be in power and flourish.
They will still vote Tinubu again.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Littlefingerjp: 6:01am On Feb 04
hitekk:

People that will still vote for him in 2027
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 6:34am On Feb 04
HeatSeeker:

Same here. N1,200 in Lagos.
960 naira, 48 hours ago in Osogbo NIPCO. I filled 12.5kg at N12,000. I'm sure that it is cheaper at Gasland outlets
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 6:44am On Feb 04
ccollins:
Which one of you should we believe now? grin grin grin

234GT:
ì
People voted Tinubu massively. He won fair and square due to our foolishness as Nigerias...... He was voted for massively in Ekiti state because he is a yoruba....Unfortunately, Tinubu is not suffering today....it is we Yorubas that are suffering.. ..
Mumu, "it is we Yorubas that are suffering", while other tribes are enjoying. Lol.
Go and check percentages of Tinubu and Obi's votes in South East and south West, then come back to tell us what you notice, you will discover who got more votes based on tribalism. grin grin grin
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Olawade24: 7:51am On Feb 04
bassdow:

Don't know as I still use Kerosine stove with no plan of using Gas anytime soon. Despite how cheap GAS once were, I never fell for that because I understand say na just InTrOdUcTiOn government dey do so that people go key into am.

my reasons are as follow:

1. I don't want to invest in a Gas cylinder that I would one day drop because cost of Gas has grown so much it's no longer making sense to me.

2. Most Gas cylinders sold in Nigeria ain't safe enough. And thanks to SON, and NAFDAC, standards have fallen way below the average line.

3. Me dey fear Gas someHow Oooo

4... add ya own

You are not ready to use gas yet, keep giving excuses.

Except you are poverty induce, Gas is far better than that your kerosene stove.

Better try and afford one as soon as possible, the advantage of using gas far more exceed that of kerosene stove.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Olawade24: 7:53am On Feb 04
bassdow:

Don't know as I still use Kerosine stove with no plan of using Gas anytime soon. Despite how cheap GAS once were, I never fell for that because I understand say na just InTrOdUcTiOn government dey do so that people go key into am.

my reasons are as follow:

1. I don't want to invest in a Gas cylinder that I would one day drop because cost of Gas has grown so much it's no longer making sense to me.

2. Most Gas cylinders sold in Nigeria ain't safe enough. And thanks to SON, and NAFDAC, standards have fallen way below the average line.

3. Me dey fear Gas someHow Oooo

4... add ya own

Better try and afford one as soon as possible, the advantage of using gas far more exceed that of kerosene stove.

The benefit of using a Gas over kerosene are as follows:

1. Cleaner pot and kettle without soot stain.
2. More cleaner energy without the flames and all that.
3. More cheaper economically and burn slowly compare to kerosene.
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by noblechoco(f): 7:57am On Feb 04
Ah
Na firewood everybody go dey use now
O ga o
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by bassdow: 8:44am On Feb 04
Olawade24:

The benefit of using a Gas over kerosene are as follows:

1. Cleaner pot and kettle without soot stain.
2. More cleaner energy without the flames and all that.
3. More cheaper economically and burn slowly compare to kerosene.

well I have kerosine stove that doesn't smoke, also I've got hotPlate that works with ma solar during the afternoons (I no wan stress ma batteryBank rara), I equally recently (lastYear) got charCoal stove (those modern ones).
AnyHow anyHow, me no get plan to use Gas, except of course someOne is willing to donate or gift me a quality Gas Cylinder
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Kasalagoburst: 9:24am On Feb 04
Last Sunday, 1k in my area
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Rexceedo: 9:33am On Feb 04
Anguldi:

A 20Ton at the Depot was 18M on 30th January but increased to 20M sad on 31st January within 24hrs shocked
Good morning bro. Please can I chat you up. I want to make some enquiry
Re: How Much Is A Kg Of Gas Sold In Your Area? by Olichoke: 10:01am On Feb 04
Curious345:

Cool.. I last Came there in 2002... How is that place now .. has it developed

Wow! That should be a very long time now.
Itobe is fast developing because of private factories situated around the community.
It's nice meeting you here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians / Garba Shehu Backs Danjuma’s Call For Self-defence / Kano Gov’ship: ‘you Lost But Made Moves To Hijack Power,’ Sanusi Mocks Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.