Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,559 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard (34216 Views)

Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd / Who Is Really Nigeria's Greatest Footballer? / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Quebec91(m): 9:36am On Feb 04
Facts only πŸ‘Œ
AImiron:
Well, i think its time players like Hazard and others should start speaking up to taunt that desert fraud, he has no monopoly over gibberish, Messi maybe silent and wont stop so low to his level, cos they ain't mates, the other day his fanbase were celebrating a mere friendly match like say na world cup dem win, that's their new reality, they keep going lower, if dey are not celebrating sui celebration, dem go dig for something irrelevant to stay relevant, where the world don move pass the desert scam lord.

I wish they could play another friendly match in Miami, but guess who will miss the party, the desert lord can't enter America dem go jail his ass, he has a rape case to answer, so much for some ppl's idol, i will never stan rubbishhhh.

Back to the matter, this isn't me being sentimental na statement of facts, no be by "4 and 1 undeserved ballon do'r", Eden Hazard is right, Pendu lacks "pure football talent", person who's renowned for penalty kicks and tapins and scoring against weaker teams grin grin grin grin grin

Talent-wise, Neymar and Hazard are better than Ronaldo. This is not even banter. This has nothing to do with longevity and goals bla bla bla. He understands that Messi is superhuman. That's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Quebec91(m): 9:37am On Feb 04
I tell you man
infofta:
For people like us who knows football and doesn't support any particular club will say the truth.

Messi is the greatest footballer of all time. He is way better than Ronaldo.

If you don't accept this fact it means your reason is based on sentiment.
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by babajero(m): 9:47am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

Abeg close mouth... how can u say figo is more idolised than Ronaldo.... are u sure u are OK... Figo will give u a dirty slap for saying that ... what did Figo win for Portugal??
Mr man this is not matter of banter Ronaldo is not idolized in Portugal like Figo is, I am not sure you know the meaning of idolizing someone, Ronaldo is not idolized in Portugal at all he is just regarded as a good player.
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Beverlyjean(f): 10:01am On Feb 04
babajero:
Mr man this is not matter of banter Ronaldo is not idolized in Portugal like Figo is, I am not sure you know the meaning of idolizing someone, Ronaldo is not idolized in Portugal at all he is just regarded as a good player.

U are still saying nonsense .... I am a strong Figo fan ... Figo is the reason i started supporting portugal...but don't say what u dont know.... how can a say Figo is more idolised than Ronaldo.... u must b a joke

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by ThierryJay: 10:02am On Feb 04
Jokerman:

Don't disappoint me bro.

However is dribbling= Talent?

Lol am I Hazard?

On a serious note, whenever they say a player is talented, the number one and most common metric is dribbling esp the effective one. Then comes technique, the flicks and tricks/exceptional ball control, then pace, then passing, shooting, judgement/ball sense and so on in that order.

Most of the young early prodigious talents in football were mostly picked out because of their effective dribbling e.g De Lima, Maradona, Robben, Messi, Dinho, Neymar, George Best and even young Pendu himself.

My personal opinion: In effective dribbling Hazard was better than Ronaldo. While in flicks and tricks and all the other parameters, the pre-30 yrs Pendu was better.

But I suspect that in Hazard's dictionary, the pure football he referred to was dribbling grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Streetmovement(m): 10:15am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

Whether dribbling , or assists , hazard is no where near Ronaldo.... comparing a vauxhall with a range rover is outrageous

Wotoporiously cool speaking

I wasn't comparing I was only affirming his football prowess.

Talking about Ronaldo, he was more of an all round footballer in his early days but right now he's just a goalscorer to me.
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Jokerman(m): 10:43am On Feb 04
ThierryJay:

Lol am I Hazard?

On a serious note, whenever they say a player is talented, the number one and most common metric is dribbling esp the effective one. Then comes technique, the flicks and tricks/exceptional ball control, then pace, then passing, shooting, judgement/ball sense and so on in that order.

Most of the young early prodigious talents in football were mostly picked out because of their effective dribbling e.g De Lima, Maradona, Robben, Messi, Dinho, Neymar, George Best and even young Pendu himself.

My personal opinion: In effective dribbling Hazard was better than Ronaldo. While in flicks and tricks and all the other parameters, the pre-30 yrs Pendu was better.

But I suspect that in Hazard's dictionary, the pure football he referred to was dribbling grin

The only footballers in the category of Ronaldo, who are on the same level or better ...

Pessi
Ronaldinho
R9
Zidane
Pele
Maradona

End of.

Let Hazard be better than Nani or Robinho
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Jokerman(m): 10:48am On Feb 04
babajero:

How can someone who is named after the best Airport in Portugal not be more idolised than someone else?
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by princetom1(m): 10:52am On Feb 04
femi4:
lolz, fan boy is here

But your idol can downgrade a league to stay relevant

Make una dey think before una talk... No be same Saudi league team give inter Miami woto woto so? Which means the Saudi league is better than the USA league wey Messi dey

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by ThierryJay: 10:59am On Feb 04
Jokerman:

The only footballers in the category of Ronaldo, who are on the same level or better ...

Pessi
Ronaldinho
R9
Zidane
Pele
Maradona

End of.

Let Hazard be better than Nani or Robinho

I agree with your list and would only add Cryuff and Di Stefano.

But Hazard did admit that Pendu is greater than he is na. Why are you ignoring that part. He is only claiming the pure football aspect you know grin.

Just like Giroud can wake up one day and claim he is better than Messi in heading football.

Leave pure football for Hazard abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Dennisochampa: 11:18am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

Robben won 2 league titles with Chelsea as well... and what the 4k is Europa cup ?? Robben joined same Madrid and performed a million times better than hazard , went to Bayern and u know the rest ... hazard was only exceptional in one season ,

Lol.... We are talking about Chelsea and epl oga.....
Hazard won 6 major trophies in 7 years at Chelsea of which he was instrumental to all of them and you don't see this as an exceptional achievement
How many major trophies did rvp win with arsenal

How many major trophies did robben win with Chelsea?

Bros like who u Wan like.... I don Taya to argue abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Sizwezi: 11:18am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

U are still saying nonsense .... I am a strong Figo fan ... Figo is the reason i started supporting portugal...but don't say what u dont know.... how can a say Figo is more idolised than Ronaldo.... u must b a joke

πŸ˜‚. You get time. Asin you really have time. I’m sure when he must have said it during the interview, the interviewers would have laughed hard and said, Are you really serious now ? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by femi4: 11:21am On Feb 04
princetom1:

Make una dey think before una talk... No be same Saudi league team give inter Miami woto woto so? Which means the Saudi league is better than the USA league wey Messi dey
Mumu, he downgraded French league not inter Miami or American league
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Dennisochampa: 11:22am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

Hazards second league title was down to players like Diego Costa and kante ... was Hazard not there when Chelsea finished 10th in the league table after Costa left ?? Hazard wasn't Chelsea beat player every season like club legends like kane , RVP , Gerrard, lampard

He doesn't need to be the best player every single season for him to be a legend......

Rvp wasn't the best player every season he stayed at arsenal....
Don't forget, he was injury prone and only played full season 2 or 3 times for Arsenal.....
Hate hazard all you want.... It won't change who he is or what he's achieved in football

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Dennisochampa: 11:23am On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

RVP was an Arsenal legend and moved to united and won them their last premier league.... hazard is on sanchez or Santo cazorla level
So staying at one club with injury over the years without winning a major trophy... Not even one... And leaving them wen they need u the most makes one a legend but someone who won 6 major trophies in 7 years isn't a legend....
Bros you need to learn to watch football without sentiments

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by greggng: 11:32am On Feb 04
tuzle:
can't u see where I put the only thing that separate Messi from Ronaldo is world cup ni. Aside that nothing and don't bring junior world whatever here. Abi Ronaldo hasn't won balon d or too

Success starts from small. Junior world Cup is very very relevant ...is like saying your early education is a waste and doesn't count .your statement is not relevant cos if someone us bigger than me on account of achieving a particular something which I was unable to achieve ...it means indeed he is bigger than me ...in conclusion Messi is greater than Ronaldo....let's continue the comparison when Ronald got equal number of bslon fir that Messi has ....let's continue when he has won wired cup ...This arevrecord you cannot wish away to make your Ronaldo meet up
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by tuzle(m): 11:34am On Feb 04
greggng:

Success starts from small. Junior world Cup is very very relevant ...is like saying your early education is a waste and doesn't count .your statement is not relevant cos if someone us bigger than me on account of achieving a particular something which I was unable to achieve ...it means indeed he is bigger than me ...in conclusion Messi is greater than Ronaldo....let's continue the comparison when Ronald got equal number of bslon fir that Messi has ....let's continue when he has won wired cup ...This arevrecord you cannot wish away to make your Ronaldo meet up
so player who never played for their junior national teams are not successful abi. Ronaldo didn't play for any serious tourney for his junior national team, that doesn't make him any less great. U also have to consider the team strength. Before Messi Argentina has been winning junior competitions unlike Portugal. This current crop of Portuguese team is the best they have ever produced. They produce individual stars most times which isn't enough to carry a team. Don't forget Portugal won their first major tournament under Ronaldo era.
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Beverlyjean(f): 11:45am On Feb 04
Dennisochampa:

Lol.... We are talking about Chelsea and epl oga.....
Hazard won 6 major trophies in 7 years at Chelsea of which he was instrumental to all of them and you don't see this as an exceptional achievement
How many major trophies did rvp win with arsenal

How many major trophies did robben win with Chelsea?

Bros like who u Wan like.... I don Taya to argue abeg

Won 4 mushroom cups ....the other 2 were league titles of which Diego Costa gave him one
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Jokerman(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04
ThierryJay:

But Hazard did admit that Pendu is greater than he is na. Why are you ignoring that part. He is only claiming the pure football aspect you know grin.

Just like Giroud can wake up one day and claim he is better than Messi in heading football.

Lol... Probably πŸ˜‚
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by b1olat: 12:10pm On Feb 04
The first time ever that an average footballer will be casting aspersion on the ability and integrity of Ronaldo. It's morally wrong to condem a professional who has proven his mettle in all major soccer leagues of the world, moreso when it's coming from the mouth of a failure in Madrid!!!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Dsimmer: 12:44pm On Feb 04
Inobeyourmate:
Hahaahh!!! Those abusing Hazard, including you know nothing about football, yes, and that’s the bitter truth, Messi is miles ahead of Pendu, even you yourself, let your conscience judge you πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’― #Peace

How is Messi ahead of Ronaldo?

If I were a coach who's got a poor average team yet looking to win a trophy regardless, I would definitely go for Ronaldo because even if the whole team wasn't functioning, he could make impact and bail out the team. Whereas Messi needs a functional ball playing team built around him to function.

Basically, Ronaldo can make impact in an average team and also in a ball playing team however, Messi needs a well oiled ball playing team.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Exceed15: 12:51pm On Feb 04
I like hazard being a former Chelsea player and his contributions but this guy goofed big time... I think he is getting depressed.
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Asazwalingwa: 1:40pm On Feb 04
infofta:
For people like us who knows football and doesn't support any particular club will say the truth.

Messi is the greatest footballer of all time. He is way better than Ronaldo.

If you don't accept this fact it means your reason is based on sentiment.

Gbamsolutely
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Dennisochampa: 1:45pm On Feb 04
Beverlyjean:

Won 4 mushroom cups ....the other 2 were league titles of which Diego Costa gave him one

Europa league mushroom cups.....
Ok I hear..... Happy Sunday
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by HRMK: 1:49pm On Feb 04
AImiron:

DAILYPOST
WHY RUN AWAY AT 32 WHEN SO SURE OF HIMSELF?YEYE DEY SMELL!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by MrDoGood(m): 1:50pm On Feb 04
Nutty059:

Shame on you all here. This is perhaps the most bittered platform on this space. Dem no love una from home?

Did you see me post anything bitter? I was wondering if you quoted me by mistake
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by Harmless1b(m): 2:00pm On Feb 04
%where is the lie?
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by AImiron: 2:37pm On Feb 04
33 mentions, if i reply anyone make i bend, yall penadogs keep crying i love una tears, writerng more tears son, sending screenshot of an irrelavant friendly match, i wonder why you no create a thread abt it as usual, you IQ no fit send sms grin grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by AImiron: 2:38pm On Feb 04
Harmless1b:
%where is the lie?
dont mind those penadogs, even chelsea fans dey drag Hazard for saying the truth...ogun kee penado

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by AImiron: 2:40pm On Feb 04
HRMK:

WHY RUN AWAY AT 32 WHEN SO SURE OF HIMSELF?YEYE DEY SMELL!
read the post slowly, he never said he was a better player than penado, just the "pure football part", pendu isnt even close to Neymar, the loonatic wey no sabi pass pk and tapins grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by AImiron: 2:45pm On Feb 04
Dsimmer:

How is Messi ahead of Ronaldo?

If I were a coach who's got a poor average team yet looking to win a trophy regardless, I would definitely go for Ronaldo because even if the whole team wasn't functioning, he could make impact and bail out the team. Whereas Messi needs a functional ball playing team built around him to function.

Basically, Ronaldo can make impact in an average team and also in a ball playing team however, Messi needs a well oiled ball playing team.
I know you're probably a kid, na your papa buy phone for you and still dey buy you data, you may not be aware that Messi won the first ever trophy, not a domestic trophy a regional trophy with the WORST TEAM in the MLS, Pendu failed AT man utd, he was sent packing like a thief, so much for a club's legend, it end in tears for him, he went to cry on Piers Morgan show, like a foooking loser that he is. However, his first season in camel league, he didnt even make the team of the tournament, until the club had to lure big players from europe to the desert, the likes of LAporte, talisca and mane just to mention, wherever they are talking about football just hide your little face cos you're clusess asssssff kid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard by AImiron: 2:50pm On Feb 04
ThierryJay:

Were you surprised they reacted that way, average pendudogs type before they reason, they lack comprehension skills

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Alisson Karius? Fans Ridicule Liverpool Keeper After Leicester Blunder / Francis Uzoho Traditional Wedding Photos / Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.