Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,094 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? (821 Views)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals / What Does The Bible Say About Gay Marriage / Same Sex Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by drfomsky(f): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
I was just thinking about this debate. Here's my take: I've discovered that as they mature, some people find that they have same-sex attraction (called ssa hereafter) not of their own choice. They usually struggle with it and when they see that they can't overcome this ssa, they give up. Some of them continue to struggle for years.
That said, I don't believe we should be in a hurry to judge them. Yes, it's biblically wrong but we can find a way to help those who are desperately trying to overcome these feelings. I believe that the only cure is deliverance and long-term renewing of the mind with the bible.
When you have a child who wants to engage in pre-marital sex, you do all you can to discourage them. Don't you? I think that the same applies to same-sex marriages. You can't stop them but by refusing to legalise it, you're trying to discourage them.
I also want to add that perchance they get married, I don't think it's fair to bring in children to such an unconventional relationship. Men and men can't produce children. Neither can a woman-woman relationship produce children. When two people decide this is the way they want to go, then accept the outcome of such a union and don't add children to that equation. It's not fair. cry
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by kelz88(f): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
The law makers need to think about every citizen. They need to safeguard the lives of everyone, irrespective of their sexual orientation.

There is more to a person than their sex life.

These law makers need to do anything they can to assure homosexuals that they have nothing to fear, and that the law will deal with any crime against them, relating to their sexual orientation.

They need to protect the minority this time. There's no one to fight for them. They are helpless/vulnerable.

At the end of the day these people are adults. It's not like an adult and a child, or an adult and an animal-which will never be legal as there wont be consent, and if there was, come on, a child, an animal? What do they really know?!
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by drfomsky(f): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
I had never thought about the fact that they're vulnerable. Do people actually perform crimes against them? shocked
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by Johndoe100(m): 3:45am On Nov 09, 2011
There is no debate, the question is "are they human"? Do they have human rights? If they have then what is there to debate? Does anyone debate your relationships? Why are they subject to your likes and dislikes?
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by drfomsky(f): 4:50am On Nov 09, 2011
They have rights and hate crimes against them should be dealt with appropriately. angry On the other hand, I don't think they should marry. God made males and females not males and males and males. Or females and females. Above all, i still believe that if two people insist on this type of relationship, it's not fair to add children in the equation. cry
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by xxcarolxx(f): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
What makes you think they can't be good parents? I know of two guys who are gay, they both are great, have won a battle to foster kids, They had a hard road to travel but they won and they are the first couple to fight to foster kids as a same sex couple, They are brilliant foster parents,
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by drfomsky(f): 2:34am On Nov 10, 2011
I didn't say they can't be great parents but it's not fair to the kids that they were born to two same sex parents. I think we as parents should make sacrifices and that's one sacrifice that would-be gay parents should make: to decide not to do that to any child
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by kelz88(f): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
Doc you are either for or against. There can be exceptions such as those you pointed out.

And the whole parenting exception sounds ridiculous. How many cases have you heard of same sex couples battering their kids, etc? Is their sexuality hindering their parenting skills? I don't get it.
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by dinachi(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
My take on same sex marriage is that it is an insanity and nothing else. Western influence is responsible for all this nonesense. How come we didnt hear of Gays in the time of our forefathers. We heard of all manner of sex but not homosexuality. It is a mind thing. If you imagine yourself as a man kissing another man the likely hood is that you may try it one day. The gay lifestyle is a choice for depraved and reprobate minds, Romans 1 vs 24 - 28. Homosexuality is a folly foretold in the Scriptures. Human rights my foot! If we allow Gays to marry, what happens when a daughter wants to marry her father and both of them are adults and are in 'love'  and dont forget they were born that way. How can we refuse twins who grow up to discover they are in love and claim they were born that way. People lets open our minds, we dont have to copy every trash thrown at us by the west pls.
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by kelz88(f): 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
Research the Sambia tribe of New Guinea.

This is a tribe that wasn't in any way exposed to homosexuality, yet they practised homosexuality as a stage in puberty.

When will people stop saying it's a western thing?
If it was then why isn't the majority of the western world gay?

Black persecuted, Jews, gingers, women not allowed to vote, driver cars, etc. . . .ridiculous. When will this end? KMT!
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by dinachi(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
If I have to research that means it was not widespread and in anycase they were not demanding marriage those days. Again you have not answered my question about family members falling in love and demanding to marry. Research Fiji Island. The point is, homosexuality is a practice against nature and mind you I dont need to research it. Why hasnt the same guinea legalised same sex marriage since it is in their culture. Meanwhile, I would love you to show me just one Scripture of either the Bible or Koran that supports your view.
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by kelz88(f): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
Keep deceiving yourself with religious books that are not in any way accurate.

And who are you to say what is normal and abnormal?
So if the bible asked you to kill "abnormal people" you would?

You are discrediting a research because you are not aware of it. Interesting (!)

The point I am trying to make here is we need to stop blaming everything on the western world.

Incest is wrong because of the medical issues that arise. Besides, what do your siblings call you and your father's kid? No matter how "abnormal" their relationship might be I will not judge/condemn the people involved. They are 2 consenting adults. Research has established there is an attraction that exists between siblings/parent and child/child and grandparent, etc that have just been re-united. Even some victims of kidnapping fall in love with their captors. These people have no control of it. Is it fair to judge them?

I am only against relationships where people have not consented, or have been brainwashed to consent.
Re: What's Your Take On This Same-sex Marriage Debate? by dinachi(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
Suddenly the bible and the Koran  are no longer accurate but your demented and reprobate thinking is! How sad. My brother you may support anything you like, but morality means nothing without religion. What exactly are the medical issues with inbreeding among consenting Adults? The Simbia Tribe you mentioned practised homosexuality as a masculisation ritual. Nobody was allowed to marry a fellow man.  If you are a Gay man come out openly and admit it. Stop hiding behind human rights protection. If you really are interested in respecting the right of Gays why are you then hesitant on supporting incestous relationship between two consenting adult? How come you turn to champion of human rights anyday Gays are mentioned. Come out from the closet and declare your true status lets know. Iam unapologically heterosexual. Can you say the same?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Nigerians Refer To Children As Issues / Is Beating Or Purnishing A Child D Best Way Of Correction? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.