Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? (11200 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by AllahOfBlood: 9:23am On Feb 04
cheesy
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by nyabinghi(m): 9:23am On Feb 04
jesusjnr2020:
I didn't think it was a bad location for a church at all at the time though.

Infact I saw it as a huge opportunity for the church, because I felt the purpose of the church is to reach out to lost souls like them with the Gospel, so it was supposed to be an advantage for the church to have such ones closeby or around them so they could easily reach out to them.

That was already my inclination, then on one particular night, we had just closed from midweek program at church, so I was with 2 guys. One was a friend, the other, a guest artist who also happened to be a pastor, and we were just making our way to the place we could get a cab to take us home.

Suddenly out of one of those clubs came 3 prostitutes, and they were seeking their customers as usual.

That was how they came into our conversation, as one of the three of us immediately expressed his disgust on sighting them. Ironically this was someone who I knew very well to be just a church-goer still living a life of sin and sexual immorality, yet he was the first to condemn someone else.

I was disgusted at his sheer hypocrisy, however wasn't fazed. Hence as my custom was at the time, to preach the Gospel at every opportunity, I expressed my desire to instead share the Gospel with them regardless. And the other gentleman, who was a pastor, was also on the same page with me, so we decided to approach the girls, which of course, we did.

Thankfully they gave us audience but seemed distracted at first as some car users, who they saw as potential customers were still passing by.

However after a while, we had their undivided attention, as we suddenly split into three groups, each of us with a prostitute sharing whatever we had to say with them, including the reluctant guy who seemed to have to no other choice but to follow suit.

It been over many years now since that happened so I can't remember exactly what I said to the girl with me and her exact response, but what I could remember was that at some point, i had to get a pen from my friend to take down her number perhaps for follow up afterwards, as she was willing to give me her contact which appeared kind of her.

Shortly afterwards we were through speaking with them, it appeared to have some short-term effect at least, as the three of them, instead of staying back to continue waiting for customers, immediately left the area in a cab.

That was the last time I spoke with the one with me or heard of her, so I can't say exactly how it panned out, however I was glad I was able to share the Gospel of Christ with her to at least give her that chance.

The pastor friend with us that day though came back with some encouraging update.

He testified that the prostitute he spoke to attended his church service the following Sunday and also testified there. She also shared with him some of her life's problems which perhaps that pushed her into the lifestyle, so he was able to also ask members of his church to assist her wherever they could.

I was surprised with his testimony though, because after the prostitutes left us, I thought that was likely the end of it, as I didn't expect any of them to take our preaching seriously, but that suggested why we need to preach the Gospel to them regardless, because one never knows.

That could be the reason they come to know Jesus, the only Man who could fill the void in their hearts.

God bless.
swear they didn't Bleep the whores,xtianity is a religion of deception
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by duduade: 9:24am On Feb 04
And these people call themselves true Christians...

Who are they to judge other people

Make dem gerrouut
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:35am On Feb 04
jesusjnr2020:
Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot?

I used to attend a church located at an area replete with nite clubs and hotels, so prostitutes were often seen hanging out around that area especially at night.

Something I noticed at the time was that the sight of the prostitutes, seemed to irritate Christians who worked, lived or had their church venues around that area, as I have often heard several of them express their disapproval of having to cope with the sights of such scantily clad ones on a frequent basis as a result.

One even took it to the point of praying for the clubs to be burnt down so the area could have some sort of reprieve. Even heard the church's pastor speaking severally about not being comfortable holding church services around such an area.

So it is really that bad for a church to be located in such an area?

God bless.

Two things can happen...
The church may influence the environment and in turn some prostitute or the environment functions to serve some members after service...

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:36am On Feb 04
It probably provides a good opportunity to win a lost soul. There is rejoicing in Heaven over just one sinner that is converted.

The bigger danger is assimilation around such environment. Instead of winning the world over, you can loose some members to the vices around.

Long ago I know a particular Church located near the old shrine in Surulere, which is a prostitute hot spot. After our vigil a young man persuades us to visit the prostitute. Which I did not at the time.

May the Lord forgive and pardon me for how I lived my life in the past and may His mercies that found me and changed me, find every one that is lost but seeking him.

PonziHater
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by babajero(m): 9:36am On Feb 04
jesusjnr2020:

I used to attend a church located at an area replete with nite clubs and hotels, so prostitutes were often seen hanging out around that area especially at night.

Something I noticed at the time was that the sight of the prostitutes, seemed to irritate Christians who worked, lived or had their church venues around that area, as I have often heard several of them express their disapproval of having to cope with the sights of such scantily clad ones on a frequent basis as a result.

One even took it to the point of praying for the clubs to be burnt down so the area could have some sort of reprieve. Even heard the church's pastor speaking severally about not being comfortable holding church services around such an area.

God bless.
Every Sunday instead of posting life changing messages online, they will instead be posting rubbish or asking stupid questions that doesn't add meaning to the spiritual or physical life of individuals.
If care is not taken it is a Muslim that is given the task to post what concern Christians on Sundays. Shame.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Adakintroy: 9:44am On Feb 04
If you come getho you go see church here see ashawo hotel next compound. Na were you manage see land you go establish. Nobody send anyone. Nobody de judge anyone. Rather them just St preach there own to you you wan go church go if you wan go ashawo quarters go After all na mind we take de serve God no be body.

To the man weh him mind fully from focus on God. That ashawo hotel no exist and to the man fully focus on ashaawo, that church no exist.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Emman08: 9:47am On Feb 04
Every Sunday y'all just come up with the dumbest questions just for the sake of clicks
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by WoroSeeWoro(m): 9:50am On Feb 04
90 percent of Nigerian ladies today are ........lil wayne tell dem.....the ashewo wey d ehouse working from home on dating apps plent ypass the ones wey de hotels

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Akasammyoka: 9:51am On Feb 04
The right and first question is the one we are suppose to ask you. Which came there first between the church and the joint??
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by matthew080: 10:13am On Feb 04
THE CHURCH ITS SELF IS PROSTITUTION
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Okeoghenerobert: 10:14am On Feb 04
You want spoil service?What if one of those girls is a members customer?Do you think such member will concentrate on service?
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:23am On Feb 04
There are no difference between prostitute venue and church, they are just buildings or houses.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by bluefilm: 10:30am On Feb 04
Very bad.

At least pity the men who are spending their hard earned money for one two rounds.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by OyinO: 10:32am On Feb 04
Both are business enterprises registered with the CAC. They are both money and profit making ventures and can be sited at any location that will favour the business.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Tonididdyx: 10:40am On Feb 04
Definitely one occupier occupied first.

... If it's the church, it's biblical for the pastor to destroy the prostitute tents physically just as Jesus did in the Bible when the people turned the synagogue into a market place... Ehen, but the pastor should be ready for whatever repercussions follow for his actions but nevertheless he has done the biblical thing and HEAVEN IS PROUD!

BUT if the prostitutes came first, then the pastor was wrong to have sighted a church in the area
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Tonididdyx: 10:41am On Feb 04
OyinO:
Both are business enterprises registered with the CAC. They are both money and profit making ventures and can be sited at any location that will favour the business.

Church is not a business venture and is wrong to be registered as a company.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by OyinO: 10:46am On Feb 04
Tonididdyx:

Church is not a business venture and is wrong to be registered as a company.

If it is not a business centre, then what it is? When you're in the business of generating more money by increasing the number of churchgoers, is that not a business? Asking church attendants to pay monies in the form of tithes, offerings, thanksgiving, seed sowing, etc., is pure business especially when these collections are used to invest in other business ventures such as building Universities, Secondary and elementary schools, plazas, housing estates, hotels, and even buying of private jets is pure business jare.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Tonididdyx: 10:48am On Feb 04
OyinO:

If it is not a business centre, then what it is? When you're in the business of generating more money by increasing the number of churchgoers, is that not a business? Asking church attendants to pay monies in the form of tithes, offerings, thanksgiving, seed sowing, etc., is pure business especially when these collections are used to invest in other business ventures such as building Universities, Secondary and elementary schools, plazas, housing estates, hotels, and even buying of private jets is pure business jare.
Ok
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by ufotunang: 10:52am On Feb 04
Jesus came for the sinners...so when those prostitutes and sinners listen to the words of God preached from that church they can repent and change their ways

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by ufotunang: 10:53am On Feb 04
In the Bible..Jesus saved a prostitute for being stoned to death....so Jesus came for the sinners
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by ufotunang: 10:56am On Feb 04
dawnomike:
Imagine parents bringing their kids to church and the kids getting to see such...

I do not consider it as appropriate but, maybe the churches for there before the prostitutes.
...in the Bible... Jesus saved a prostitute from being stoned to death....so Jesus came for the sinners and to preach to them to repent
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:32am On Feb 04
That is the best place to locate a Church. A Church desperate to win souls for God's Kingdom will see it as a good location.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Onyi90(m): 12:35pm On Feb 04
The Earth is the Lord's and it fullness thereof
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Iluvmycontr3: 12:44pm On Feb 04
Ahhh, that is where the church and evangelical missions are mostly needed.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by MrCork: 12:55pm On Feb 04
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

95% of all Nigerian womens are now ready made standby olosho prostitutes & cannot be trussted nyways...is easier to yansh marrried womens...dats why I goto mosque sir(no oofencse) angry
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Sleekfingers: 1:02pm On Feb 04
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

The churches and other religious houses are meant for sinners.
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by ellizy(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04
I think churches are built as the spirit leads, who am I to contrary to the leading of the spirit..
Jesus for fhe world
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Originalsly: 1:07pm On Feb 04
So hypocritical ..... some complained of having to cope with the scantily dressed women..... and photos to illustrate how these women dress. What's the difference with how these women dress ... and some that attend church on a regular .... same short dresses ... sitting in front pew ... legs crossed?

On the point of location .... who was at the location first? ... can't locate a church in a Red Light area then complain about the prostitutes roaming the streets. Did Jesus complain when he found out prostitute was around?
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Diligence: 1:24pm On Feb 04
Psalm 24:1
Re: Is It Bad To Locate A Church In A Prostitution Hotspot? by Expanse2020(m): 2:16pm On Feb 04
khalling2008:
Yes, pastor can easily fu*ck ashawo if any member refuse to dance to his fu*Ck according to Bible when lot fu*ch his daughter

Genesis 19:36-38
New International Version
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[a]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[b]; he is the father of the Ammonites[c] of today.
This is not Bible láyé láyè😂😂🤣😂
It's a lie how can bible wrote something like this to a prophet of God......
This is child molesting, children abused, raped in the bible naw.....

Where is TenQ, righteousless, come and defend this verse oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.