Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon (948 Views)

How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by tobilinoP(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2007
hi guys, my Hp laptop logs off immediately i logon, i removed the hard drive and scanned it for virus and put it back, but the problem persists, pls i need ur advice!!!!!!, Cheers
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by sussy1(f): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2007
There are many things that could cause that:

Firstly virus and since u said u ve removed the hard drive and scan for virus,is a step in solving the problem(did the antivirus that u use dectected any virus if yes let me know).

Secondly it could be that ur OS is corrupt or maybe u ve mistakely delete one of the booting files somehow
so if that is the case or if not i will advise that u repair the operating system of ur system and if is still behaving funny get back to me.

Cheers.
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by uselo: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2007
Yea! I have had the xperience some time ago.I will advise u use AVG antivirus, 7.5 precisely for that purpose because, I Know it must be a virus infection.Thanx
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by tobilinoP(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2007
thanks 4 ur replies guys ,i've scanned it with mcafee and symantec on seperate ocassions and the problem still persists
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by Maleeq(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2007
Can you clarify these:

- You say you log on: Does that mean you get to the welcome screen where input your username/password?

- You said it then logs you off: Does it perform a proper log-off with all the status messages displayed? or does is simply display a "Bluescreen Of Death"? or does it just power-off like NEPA?

Provide these information please.
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by nbeet2000(m): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2007
suspect winlogon.exe
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by sussy1(f): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
What u need to do is simple,just repair the operating system,i believe that will solve the problem.
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by oybv101: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2007
reinstall windows.
its a virus
there are supposed to be some workarounds.
i had the same problem once.
None of the workarounds worked.
i had to reinstall .
you might get lucky though( i didn't)
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by Mario(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2007
I have had a similar experience but in my own case, it was dual antivirus software. So if I may ask, did u install 2 different antivirus software on it? if yes, uninstall one of them and try again.
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by Kabidoye(m): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
i am very optimistic that it is a virus. the name of the virus should be bronthoc. it has some kind of chinese origin. what hte virus does is that it duplicates itself and replaces some files with itself. what u shd do is to either get a very good anti virus cos d virus is quite recent or u just format ur hard disk. wen it happened 2 me, repairing my os didnt solve it cos d virus will still remin and also, my antivirus did not help. if u can scan ur drive with kaspersky, it might help but I recomend u format ur hard disk. all the best.
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by koolphobi(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2007
yeah possibly with ur registry, virus must have deleted some files on the registry cos i worked with something like that before.
so all u need do is to back-up ur files on ur hard disk and re-install. i think dat should do
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by DoubleN(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2007
I have a similar problem,but mine is that the stuff boots shows a blue screen and restarts!You then have to leave it for some minutes before you can boot it again.I formatted the stuff already and installed all the drivers afresh but it still does the same thing.Someone suggested that it must be a hardware problem maybe something we the motherboard or the RAM! Abeg anybody with a solution should help me!
Re: Help? My Laptop Logs Offf Immediately I Logon by tunscolo(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2007
My guy, I was in that situation like 2 weeks ago. Did you install any antivirus like kaspersky or AVG. If you did, boot in in Safe mode and uninstall the last software you installed before you experienced that problem. That should solve it. If not get a bootable anti virus software and bootup the system with the Anti virus.
Try these out and reply me.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Best Printer For Home Use? / How To Repair Window Xp Operating System / Please Help, My Opera Mini 4.2 Is No Longer Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.