Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) (26489 Views)

Nigeria To Launch Second Satellite Into Orbit / Astronomers Discover Non-Habitable Earth-Sized 'Pi Planet' With A 3.14-Day Orbit / Alexei Leonov Dies! The First Human Ever To Walk In Space Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by WriterNig: 3:42pm On Feb 04
πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Russian cosmonaut Oleg Kononenko set a world record on Sunday for total time spent in space, surpassing his fellow Russian Gennady Padalka who logged more than 878 days in orbit, Russia's space corporation said.

Mr Kononenko broke the record at 0830 GMT (7:30pm AEDT), Roscosmos said.

He is expected to reach a total of 1,000 days in space on June 5, and by late September he will have clocked 1,110 days.

"I fly into space to do my favourite thing, not to set records," Mr Kononenko told the TASS news agency in an interview from the International Space Station (ISS), where he is orbiting about 423 kilometres from Earth.

"I am proud of all my achievements, but I am more proud that the record for the total duration of human stay in space is still held by a Russian cosmonaut."

The 59-year-old took the top spot from Mr Padalka, who had accumulated a total of 878 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes and 48 seconds, Roscosmos said.

The Soviet Union spooked the West in the early years of the space race by being the first to launch a satellite to orbit the Earth (Sputnik 1) in 1957, and then Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first man to travel into space in 1961.

Top 5 Astronauts who spent the most time in Space:

1. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Oleg Kononenko - (878 days 11 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds)
2. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Gennady Padalka - (878 Days)
3. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Yuri Malenchenko - (827 days 9 hours)
4. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Sergey Krikalyov - (803 days 9 hours)
5. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Alexander Kaleri - (769 days 6 hours)

ABC News || Associated Press

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 3:55pm On Feb 04
WriterNig:

1. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Oleg Kononenko - (878 days 11 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds)
3. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Yuri Malenchenko - (827 days 9 hours)
5. πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Alexander Kaleri - (769 days 6 hours)

All Russians but everytime Hollywood tells us NASA this, NASA that.

Even Elon Musk's SpaceX came on the scene & overtook NASA in just 5 years.

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by RepoMan007: 4:03pm On Feb 04
Expanding Russian territory on the earth and beyond.
The man is confused.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Seefinish: 4:03pm On Feb 04
How many days has Bulaba spent in France since he became the president of Nigeria?

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by azadus18: 4:04pm On Feb 04
If to say Russia economy is bigger than this. .no one can challenge them in the world

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by RepoMan007: 4:08pm On Feb 04
WriterNig:
wearing diaper for years and pooping on self just to please one dictator looking for land to take.
Like for Putin and share if you are for the west.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Ozommadu: 4:09pm On Feb 04
Fine education at its best...

Russia Amaka

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 4:13pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

The US is presently far ahead of the Russians in space technology. I'm glad the space race is starting again sha. Private companies like SpaceX too are not joking

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by G00dharddick: 4:15pm On Feb 04
Russia is a continent on its own!

Those guys are on another level

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:22pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
The US is presently far ahead of the Russians in space technology. I'm glad the space race is starting again sha. Private companies like SpaceX too are not joking

Far ahead yet NASA uses Russian rockets to launch all their satellites till date & uses Soviet Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan till date.

Seems you have no idea SpaceX is getting full US government support because Russia stopped supplying rocket engines to US in 2022.

Una go just dey vomit the rubbish wey CNN force feed una.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by WriterNig: 4:23pm On Feb 04
Paraman:

Indeed. Have you been living inside a cave or something? Continue watching CNN okay?

The US can't do jack shit in Space without Russian Soyuz propellers.

There was a time Russia threatened to leave US astronauts stranded in Space and the US pleaded with them. Google it.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by God1000(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04
WriterNig:

Indeed. Have you been living inside a cave or something? Continue watching CNN okay?

There was a time Russia threatened to leave US astronauts stranded in Space and the US pleaded with them. Google it.

NASA does use the Soyuz spacecraft for ISS missions.

However, NASA does not use the Soyuz spacecraft to return astronauts to Earth. Instead, NASA uses the SpaceX Dragon spacecraft to return astronauts to Earth.

Please get your facts right.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by chopnaira: 4:36pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

You are not under any obligation to watch Hollywood. You can always watch Moscowhood instead

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:40pm On Feb 04
chopnaira:

You are not under any obligation to watch Hollywood. You can always watch Moscowhood instead

The best Hollywood actors are not American.

22 Likes

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 4:40pm On Feb 04
WriterNig:

VeryWickedMan:

Far ahead yet NASA uses Russian rockets to launch all their satellites till date & uses Soviet Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan till date.

Seems you have no idea SpaceX is getting full US government support because Russia stopped supplying rocket engines to US in 2022.

Una go just dey vomit the rubbish wey CNN force feed una.

So the only reason you believe Russia is ahead of USA is because the USA still make use of Russia Soyuz?

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by chopnaira: 4:43pm On Feb 04
Propaganda too much grin

Fixed πŸ‘‡
WriterNig:

1. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡² Oleg Kononenko - (878 days 11 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds) Turkmenistan
3. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Yuri Malenchenko - (827 days 9 hours) Ukrainian
5. πŸ‡±πŸ‡» Alexander Kaleri - (769 days 6 hours) Latvian

Cc Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:44pm On Feb 04
Paraman:

So the only reason you believe Russia is ahead of USA is because the USA still make use of Russia Soyuz?

How are you more advanced than me if you depend solely on me to achieve the things that you claim you are superior to me at?

Is your brain working fine?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by chopnaira: 4:44pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

The best Hollywood actors are not American.
So what are they? Chinese .

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by CHRISTFUCKER: 4:45pm On Feb 04
First people to fly to the moon before Amerifatties thought of it

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:45pm On Feb 04
Paraman:

So according to you, Nigeria is ahead of UK in oil technology since we depend on them to refine our oil?

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 4:48pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

How are you more advanced than me if you depend solely on me to achieve the things that you claim you are superior to me at?

Is your brain working fine?
Calm down alaye, i said the USA is presently ahead of Russia in the space race, but you claimed

"Far ahead yet NASA uses Russian rockets to launch all their satellites till date & uses Soviet Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan till date"

Then i ask you if it's just because of this you feel the USA is not ahead. I don't want to believe this is the only reason you disagree with my opinion grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:49pm On Feb 04
chopnaira:

So what are they? Chinese .

Tom Hanks - Irish
Leonardo DiCaprio - Italian
Al Pacino - Italian

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:50pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
Calm down alaye, i said the USA is presently ahead of Russia in the space race, but you claimed

"Far ahead yet NASA uses Russian rockets to launch all their satellites till date & uses Soviet Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan till date"

Then i ask you if it's just because of this you feel the USA is not ahead. I don't want to believe this is the only reason you disagree with my opinion grin

Their space race is made possible by Russian rockets.
How are they ahead?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by chopnaira: 4:51pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

Tom Hanks - Irish
Leonardo DiCaprio - Italian
Al Pacino - Italian
Even Biden is Irish as well.

Ps: you can always watch DublinHood and RomeHood grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:51pm On Feb 04
chopnaira:

Even Biden is Irish as well.

Ps: you can always watch DublinHood and RomeHood grin

How does this put NASA ahead?

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by chopnaira: 4:52pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

How does this put NASA ahead?
You dragged Hollywood into the discussion nah and I contributed to the discussion.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 4:53pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

So according to you, Nigeria is ahead of UK in oil technology since we depend on them to refine our oil?
so the only reason you believe Russia is ahead of the USA is because Russia Soyuz do carry USA astronauts to space? grin

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by WritterNg: 4:56pm On Feb 04
Paraman:

They both carry out joint space projects. Both travel to Space together, live together.

There's literally nothing the US does that Russia hasn't done.

If you think there's any, please list them, we are waiting....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:57pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
so the only reason you believe Russia is ahead of the USA is because Russia Soyuz do carry USA astronauts to space? grin

The US cannot go to space without Russian rockets.
Hard fact.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video)