Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) (26561 Views)

Nigeria To Launch Second Satellite Into Orbit / Astronomers Discover Non-Habitable Earth-Sized 'Pi Planet' With A 3.14-Day Orbit / Alexei Leonov Dies! The First Human Ever To Walk In Space Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by muyico(m): 4:57pm On Feb 04
just look at achievement? nah only kidnapping and corruption we understand here in Nigeria

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:58pm On Feb 04
chopnaira:

You dragged Hollywood into the discussion nah and I contributed to the discussion.

Hollywood claims NASA is the numero uno space agency in the world.
This is false.

Hard fact.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 4:59pm On Feb 04
I want to congratulate myself for destroying all the ignoramuses on this thread.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:03pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

Their space race is made possible by Russian rockets.
How are they ahead?

So NASA has never flown to space on US rockets before?

Let me ask you again, you mean the Russians are ahead of the USA because USA astronauts fly to space on board the Soyuz? grin

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:05pm On Feb 04

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:06pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

Hollywood claims NASA is the numero uno space agency in the world.
For now, Hollywood is right till you prove them wrong.

The USA is presently ahead in the space race

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 5:06pm On Feb 04

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 5:07pm On Feb 04
Paraman:

So NASA has never flown to space on US rockets before?

Let me ask you again, you mean the Russians are ahead of the USA because USA astronauts fly to space on board the Soyuz? grin

The US cannot get to space without Russian rockets.
Only a dummy doesn't understand its seriousness.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 5:08pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
For now, Hollywood is right till you prove them wrong.

The USA is presently ahead in the space race

This thread already proved them wrong.
Only a dummy can't figure that out.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:08pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

SpaceX of last year?
You must be 19.
You're a dumb clown

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 5:08pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
You're a dumb clown

You've lost.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:09pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

This thread already proved them wrong.
Only a dummy can't figure that out.
Prove them wrong because Americans astronauts fly to space on the Soyuz abi? grin

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 5:10pm On Feb 04
Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by nairalanda1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

All Russians but everytime Hollywood tells us NASA this, NASA that.

Even Elon Musk's SpaceX came on the scene & overtook NASA in just 5 years.

That's because all Hollywood films are done with an American audience in mind first...not a global audience or even a Russian audience.

That is why every Hollywood movie you watch promotes America. Just as every Indian, russian , french, british, etc promotes their respective country and culture.Even Nigerian movie promotes Nigeria. (You think the upper iweka road people are making a film for a USA audience? NO).

All countries domestic film industry produce film for the domestic market first. If the film becomes successful abroad, glorious.

Hollywood films do well because 1) they are in english, a widely spoken language 2) US hegemony.

But there are plenty of good Russian films (Come and see is regarded by some as one of the best WW2 films ever made...though watch with caution, it go make you cry). And there are many russian films about cosmonauts (54 good ones at last count). You have to leave hollywood and look for those films.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 6:10pm On Feb 04
azadus18:
If to say Russia economy is bigger than this. .no one can challenge them in the world

No country can challenge them presently...

NATO that's challenging them is made up of 30 countries including the US

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
The US is presently far ahead of the Russians in space technology. I'm glad the space race is starting again sha. Private companies like SpaceX too are not joking

Please stick to what you know

Space technology is Russian, Russia is space technology.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 6:12pm On Feb 04
Procashtips:

Please stick to what you know

Space technology is Russian, Russia is space technology.
USA is ahead of space technology right now.
Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 6:18pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
USA is ahead of space technology right now.

So because Elon Musk a private citizen created SpaceX that the US is "using" automatically makes them ahead?

SpaceX that hasn't even seen 5 good years is suddenly ahead of space technology that spans Tens of years?

I can't argue further, those with knowledge know the leaders of space technology.

Kindly go watch "hidden figures", it's an American movie on space technology. They couldn't even hide Russian space superiority in the movie

Enjoy your day

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 6:27pm On Feb 04
Procashtips:

So because Elon Musk a private citizen created SpaceX that the US is "using" automatically makes them ahead?

SpaceX that hasn't even seen 5 good years is suddenly ahead of space technology that spans Tens of years?

I can't argue further, those with knowledge know the leaders of space technology.

Kindly go watch "hidden figures", it's an American movie on space technology. They couldn't even hide Russian space superiority in the movie

Enjoy your day
You haven't dispute the fact that USA is ahead in space technology.

Enjoy your day

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
You haven't dispute the fact that USA is ahead in space technology.

Enjoy your day

Like you were ready to shift ground : cheesy

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 6:43pm On Feb 04
Procashtips:

Like you were ready to shift ground : cheesy
If you can show evidence why you feel Russia is leading, why won't I shift ground?

I do not dispute the fact that the USSR was going head to head with the USA at some point, but right now, the USA is ahead of Russia.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
If you can show evidence why you feel Russia is leading, why won't I shift ground?

I do not dispute the fact that the USSR was going head to head with the USA at some point, but right now, the USA is ahead of Russia.

Russia started space technology, it was the US was that doing the catching up.

Go online and do your research. Time is money Na

Go and read the history of space technology.

I even gave you a tip in earlier response.

Na money matter suppose dey take my time like this bro grin

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 7:00pm On Feb 04
Procashtips:

Russia started space technology it was the US was that doing the catching up.

Go online and do your research. Time is money Na

Did you even understand my first post you quote at all? A lot of you just read comments but fail to understand the comment.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Procashtips(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
Did you even understand my first post you quote at all? A lot of you just read comments but fail to understand the comment.

You're jumping the gun again and picking unnecessary lines just to 'argue'.

My point was made right from my first comment on this thread, no need looking for unnecessary argument.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Paraman: 7:18pm On Feb 04
Procashtips:

You're jumping the gun again and picking unnecessary lines just to 'argue'.

My point was made right from my first comment on this thread, no need looking for unnecessary argument.
You're the one saying things I never talked about. That's why I asked you to go through my comment again cause I feel you're quoting the wrong person.

USA is ahead of Russia in space technology presently

Everyone knows the USSR was ahead before the USA catch up with them

USA is ahead of Russia in space technology right now.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by lagdmark(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04
G00dharddick:
Russia is a continent on its own!

Those guys are on another level
The nightmare of the USA.

Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by ezinne51g: 8:50pm On Feb 04
The best Hollywood actors are not American.The best Hollywood actors are not American....
Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by WantsandMore: 8:52pm On Feb 04
ezinne51g:
The best Hollywood actors are not American.The best Hollywood actors are not American....
You still don't belive man has conquered space?
Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by PHAYOL81: 10:29pm On Feb 04
Now that's an impressive and worthy feat.
Re: Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) by Gbogbowa: 11:31pm On Feb 04
VeryWickedMan:

The US cannot go to space without Russian rockets.
Hard fact.
Us don't use Russia rocket again.Russian is yet to understand the secret behind SpaceX

Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch