Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse (9589 Views)

Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies / National Grid Collapse: Pictures Of The Sabotaged Transmission Tower. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Nteogwuija(m): 11:50am On Feb 05
Neoteny7:

This is a half-baked take on the matter.

How many states have the gas, hydro, or geothermal resources for the turbines? Or you think electricity just comes out of thin air?

But there are states in Nigeria that can run their own electricity. What's stopping these states from creating their own power and disconnect from the national grid, so that there'd be enough MW to power those states that are power-resource deficient.

The governors in this country are a bunch of lazy fellows.

If a state can create it's own power, the development that'd follow will make other states to sit up. That's how competition starts. And we all know the benefits of such competition.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Litmus: 11:59am On Feb 05
Nigeria is like a gigantic open air carpark full of goodies run by a group of people. A model Western nation is like a branded store full of goodies in a mall. The branded indoor store in a mall is more secure. The owners know its parameters, have everything in shop itemised, have only one entrance to watch. They are in control.

The owners of an open, carpark, sprawling market are not in control, can't keep control, they can't monitor in-comming or out-going. There isn't one entrance or one exit. They can't secure goods for the deviants are provided with too many open-ended opportunities to steal and wreck havoc.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by ehikwe22: 12:11pm On Feb 05
Nteogwuija:

But there are states in Nigeria that can run their own electricity. What's stopping these states from creating their own power and disconnect from the national grid, so that there'd be enough MW to power those states that are power-resource deficient.

If a state can create it's own power, the development that'd follow will make other states to sit up. That's how competition starts. And we all know the benefits of such competition.
I doubt any state can do that. With true federalism and resource control, some can obviously
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Neoteny7: 12:13pm On Feb 05
Nteogwuija:

There is a law that allows states the freedom to do that. However there's no generation infrastructure in place. They'll have to invest and if they do, since we're largely dependent on gas to fire the steamers for the turbines, how are they going to work without gas? This is what largely doomed the NIPP projects.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Hopez456(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05
Handi work of 'iron condemn' people.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Trippledots(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05
Direct from container, Non relabelled 245w used poly panels are available. #54k

245w used half-cut, mono panels #60k

300w used, mono panels also available for #77k

Original 460w new, half-cut mono panels #135k

Original new Jinko 550w available for #150k
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by onuman: 12:21pm On Feb 05
Useless excuse. After your travels abroad and saw how electricity suppliers safe guard their transmission lines, you return to Nigeria to give vandals the opportunity to vandalise your transmission lines.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by onuman: 12:26pm On Feb 05
Omihanifa:
The government should quickly decentralise the power infrastructure especially the transmission part of the value chain. How can a problem in Jos bauchi axis affect the other part of the country isn't that ridiculous?

The cross country cable lines needs to be decentralised so that each state can take responsibility of its own share.

No. They want unitary government system at all costs at the instance of Fulani-led northern Nigeria, because of cheap cash from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger delta region. That's why they can't decentralise anything in Nigeria. That's why they are making Abuja to literally decide the quality of air Nigerians breath.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by harsysky(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05
Omihanifa:
The government should quickly decentralise the power infrastructure especially the transmission part of the value chain. How can a problem in Jos bauchi axis affect the other part of the country isn't that ridiculous?

The cross country cable lines needs to be decentralised so that each state can take responsibility of its own share.

When they interpret the meaning of what you wrote, you sef go maddddd! The interpretation is that you want to divide this lovely country and that is treason! Take your time.

Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by DarkJeddi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 05
PressMyButton:

Senseless comment, why can't you ask Govt to come and protect the transformer at your backyard or your compound gate. Sensible citizens take charge of public facilities in their domains and alert the security of any intruder.
Excuses and you are here buying it..
Vandalism caused a national outage overnight and you are buying the spiel..
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by faceland: 2:41pm On Feb 05
eepeepook:
Not my concern. By 6:30 a.m., sun go power my house till twelve hours later. May God provide for fellow citizens dependent on NEPA.

Seun, your site is useless.

I have given up. Had so much plans but NEPA is not playing along.

I pity small business that need electricity with cost of fuel, they have sentence some of us to working just for small ration of food. Solar is too expensive (unattainable for now).
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by OdenKelechi(m): 2:51pm On Feb 05
kestolove95:
This Nigeria no go work again

grin
e dey work before?
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by OdenKelechi(m): 2:52pm On Feb 05
eepeepook:
Not my concern. By 6:30 a.m., sun go power my house till twelve hours later. May God provide for fellow citizens dependent on NEPA.

grin grin
How Seun and him site take collect stray bullet?
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Forkthiefnubu: 2:55pm On Feb 05
Same way they were deliberately sabotaging the grid during GEJ regime , I keep saying this Nigeria have no heros
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by HoleDriller(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05
kestolove95:
This Nigeria no go work again

shocked grin
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Bimpe29: 3:43pm On Feb 05
Who leave his critical national assets unmanned in this kind of tensed security situation?
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by 7upnigeria: 6:59pm On Feb 05
Noniblaq:
My humble advice to you reading this, please save up money and install solar in your apartment.

Anyway, do you know that with only 200k you can start a boutique today. Qoute me for full info

Only you dey do solar, only you dey do boutique. Na so this country hard?
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by joba4luv: 9:14pm On Feb 05
chisomkachy:

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7990669/electricity-grid-collapses-again

Shameless organization your end shall worst than NITEL
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Emdebby2: 9:57pm On Feb 05
Anything is possible in this country.
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by Simplecity(m): 9:59am On Feb 06
eepeepook:

abeg drop small inspo on your inverter😭😭make i no go buy nonsense
Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by MOG6670(m): 7:25pm On Feb 11
Noniblaq:
My humble advice to you reading this, please save up money and install solar in your apartment.

Anyway, do you know that with only 200k you can start a boutique today. Qoute me for full info

Pls how?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodbye Okonjo Iweala... / Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference / Boko Haram Kills Seven In Madagali, Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.