Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award (38833 Views)

Davido Congratulates Wizkid And Burnaboy On Their Grammy Award Wins / Beyonce's Album: Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Others For Making / Davido Congratulates Tiwa Savage As She Sells Out O2 Indigo. See Her Reply (2) (3) (4)

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Winneepye: 6:06am On Feb 05
They should just focus on their art. They make noise too much.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 6:11am On Feb 05
Honoredeblazac:
The way this Tyla is fine ehen. Only god knows how many times I have used my soap to do the needful while watching her videos. How person go fine come get better attitude like this. I love her so much but I don’t have money and marijuana no gree let me focus finish school, and I no get talent, and no get sense.
Wtf........ grin grin grin

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by daygee12: 6:17am On Feb 05
Divija:
Congratulations tyla… make me swearrrr make me harderrrr

Make me sweat make me hotter
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by 24SEVEN: 6:20am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:
LolπŸ˜‚, the diplomatic version. Didn't he say "na we get amapiano"?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Mocking SA.

Where was African spirit then?

All 5 Nigerians lost. Humble pie times in Naija o.

Can't wait for Wednesday - wwe smackdown!⚽

Wednesday is coming. I love to see you cry. grin

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by heysquare(m): 6:24am On Feb 05
No way Nigeria artist could have won with four of them in the same category!
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by hafeeanubasy: 6:24am On Feb 05
isaaczik:
Nonsense, does this award save Africa from corruption, poverty and immorality.

Promoters of evil everywhere.

Africans are dying of corruption and poverty, and they seeking for immaterial things.
Senseless attention seeking comment.
Where did the organizers state that its meant to save Africa from corruption,poverty and immorality?

If you are soo obsessed with corruption ,poverty and immorality,Seun osewa has created sections (politics and romance) you can go there to express your frustrations

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by MuMuOnBail: 6:24am On Feb 05
Na wa oooo

One lekpa South African girl gave four Nigerian heavy weight Smack down in that Category.

Super Eagle should please revenge for us.

Also, the Grammy award has become shitty awards.

The only talented artist that is qualified to be nominated from Nigeria is Arrya Star and Oluwa Burna and maybe Asake, because he is alsso representing too.

The rest are spilling dog shit!!

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by MzansiCoolio: 6:27am On Feb 05
24SEVEN:

Wednesday is coming. I love to see you cry. grin

In the meantime, enjoying your Grammy loss tears to SAπŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ†

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by 24SEVEN: 6:34am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

In the meantime, enjoying your Grammy loss tears to SAπŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ†

As much as I enjoyed your tears when you lost the African footballer of the year award to Nigeria. grin

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by pacespot(m): 6:35am On Feb 05
I like that Water by Tyla too

Congrats

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Mryacks: 6:38am On Feb 05
Told the people in my house going crazy about Asake/David that this water song will win the award...

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by MzansiCoolio: 6:43am On Feb 05
24SEVEN:

As much as I enjoyed your tears when you lost the African footballer of the year award to Nigeria. grin

Golden glove πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ†

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by IronGalaxy: 6:45am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

This poster dope asf

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by IronGalaxy: 6:46am On Feb 05
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa oooo

One lekpa South African girl gave four Nigerian heavy weight Smack down in that Category.

The only talented artist that is qualified to be nominated from Nigeria is Arrya Star and Oluwa Burna and maybe Asake, because he is alsso representing too.

oh Why am I not surprised?
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Nairalander321: 6:47am On Feb 05
kingthreat:
That congratulations is not from his heart.
you are very $tupΒ‘d, are you inside his heart?

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by 24SEVEN: 6:48am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

Nigeria has conceded only 1 goal the entire tournament? And we won all matches in 90mins. tongue

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ThunderFireAgba: 6:50am On Feb 05
Don't know why stupid Africans are fighting for recognition? Why can you guys create your own version of Grammy here in your Continent?
This is part of modern day slavery we all talk about.

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by LeeSmart: 6:55am On Feb 05
EromsOko:
The Grammy is cooked. Ask Eminem why he stopped attending this Grammy awards. Make your money and forget about this plaque. Go and Sign the contract with them and you will win this award. Ask Jay Z how he did it. Contact me and I can help you.
Lol thief

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by greggng: 6:56am On Feb 05
Obo and his fans are noise makers ...I knew they will spoil his chances with too much hype . Same thing happened to wizkid when essence was released . Too much hype is a problem ....This dough African girl didn't even make a single noise untill her victory..

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Oboto700(m): 6:57am On Feb 05
aribisala0:
This is my take on the Grammy Award African category
1. None of the nominees really produces AFRICAN MUSIC. They are producing commercial music. and their nominations are influenced by AMERICAN RECORD LABELS. Was there any nominee not connected to an American label. Increasingly we are being made to accept that kind of music which is sweet to American ears as the best. There is nothing wrong with winning any award but we must be awake to the influence of. Money and how that dictates to us what we must like. Fela did not gain fame by trying to Westernize his message.
It seems to me that it is better business for the American labels to bring a new winner rather than recycle the usual Nigerian suspects. I urge our musicians to remain original and not try to please anyone

2. It is a shame and a sign of colonialism that Africans should be waiting for America to tell us the best African songs each year. We should be able to do that ourselves in an African capital
3. Even more shameful that we mill around to celebrate like fools totally oblivious to the cultural participation and our own shameless validation craving. no doubt many would have felt good if one of our own bad won but that would merely be feeding a growing addiction
4. Why can't we have our own award in Yaounde or Abidjan or Abuja
5. One final word on money. The Grammy awards in 2020 made $110 million from advertising alone. It is business.
Africa has 54 countries we should wake up . Start having our own
in this world., till the end will come.. there would always be world power.. even if we develop our own Grammy... it won't be as this just forget it.

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Oboto700(m): 6:58am On Feb 05
Vinnie2000:

Davido's songs from this his last album are Cool but I don't think any of them can get him a Grammy. sad

Wizkid used Brown Skin Girl to win his Grammy
While Burnaboy used Jerusalema to win his. smiley

Davido needs a Powerful song with a strong African or Worldwide appeal.
exactly..a very powerful song like Jerusalem and even this water.. let's start thinking deep not just Igbo inspiration

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Edusouls(m): 7:00am On Feb 05
isaaczik:
Nonsense, does this award save Africa from corruption, poverty and immorality.

Promoters of evil everywhere.

Africans are dying of corruption and poverty, and they seeking for immaterial things.
dont mind them
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Oboto700(m): 7:00am On Feb 05
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa oooo

Grammy is not shitty.. Na wetin spoil Ur write up b that
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Oboto700(m): 7:02am On Feb 05
Ayra star debut song was fire... why did she changed to gbedu? Una no dey see that one.

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by aribisala0(m): 7:07am On Feb 05
Oboto700:
in this world., till the end will come.. there would always be world power.. even if we develop our own Grammy... it won't be as this just forget it.
And we cannot be that world power? Your bible tells you world power cannot be you .
It must be Oyinbo
You are entitled to accept that
I am entitled to reject that
If you have nothing sensible to s say
Dey your dey

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by BabaHenry(m): 7:18am On Feb 05
ROTTWEILER007:
I [b]Hope the congratulatory message is coming from his heart. He may have used "Africa" to buy the sympathy of everyone that cares to listen but deep down inside, he would have wished he won it. [/b]Anyways, let's celebrate others when it didn't go out way. Congratulations Tyla. Congratulations everyone who was nominated, we all are winners!!!
Is the bolded necessary??
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ROTTWEILER007: 7:25am On Feb 05
BabaHenry:

Is the bolded necessary??
oga just read and pass. Na your type sabi ferment trouble.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by membranus: 7:25am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

Wednesday is fast approaching for your Williams to prove his qualification.

Until then, stop gloating.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by 7upnigeria: 7:28am On Feb 05
kingthreat:
That congratulations is not from his heart.

Its d spirit of sportsmanship, and its ALWAYS from the heart. Would you want another person to win a competition you're taking part in? Ot takes pain and maturity to congratulate anybody that defeats you in a competition.

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Oboto700(m): 7:38am On Feb 05
aribisala0:

And we cannot be that world power? Your bible tells you word power cannot be you .
It must be Oyinbo
You are entitled to accept that
I am entitled to reject that
If you have nothing sensible to s say
Dey your dey
you think say world power na for mouth.. oya start na.. some of una dey very dumb

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by FFIA: 7:45am On Feb 05
markidoo:
Please what is Grammy cos it's only music I listen to must the Female πŸ† winners come naked to receive the awards?
The thing taya me too grin
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by HRMK: 7:46am On Feb 05
DAVIDO AND OTHERS ARE SIMPLY NOISE MAKERS!EMPTY DRUMS WITH LOUDEST NOISE!!

2face And Annie In The Same Traditional Attire / Ike Onyema On The Runway At Lagos Fashion Week / β€œI Am Living Proof Of God’s Wonders” – Wizkid