Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award (38862 Views)

Davido Congratulates Wizkid And Burnaboy On Their Grammy Award Wins / Beyonce's Album: Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Others For Making / Davido Congratulates Tiwa Savage As She Sells Out O2 Indigo. See Her Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by FFIA: 7:46am On Feb 05
grin
Honoredeblazac:
The way this Tyla is fine ehen. Only god knows how many times I have used my soap to do the needful while watching her videos. How person go fine come get better attitude like this. I love her so much but I don’t have money and marijuana no gree let me focus finish school, and I no get talent, and no get sense.
grin grin
I been think say na only me the mad. grin
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Ohraykon: 7:47am On Feb 05
Honoredeblazac:
The way this Tyla is fine ehen. Only god knows how many times I have used my soap to do the needful while watching her videos. How person go fine come get better attitude like this. I love her so much but I don’t have money and marijuana no gree let me focus finish school, and I no get talent, and no get sense.
soapy dey bend and bruise prick o easy grin
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ElasmoBranchii(m): 7:50am On Feb 05
EromsOko:
The Grammy is cooked. Ask Eminem why he stopped attending this Grammy awards. Make your money and forget about this plaque. Go and Sign the contract with them and you will win this award. Ask Jay Z how he did it. Contact me and I can help you.

Omo since the time they snub The Weeknd in the 2021 awards despite him the fact that he had a song "Blinding Lights" that was on top 10 in billboard hot 100 for more than a year, I no dey take them seriously again.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by sylve11: 7:52am On Feb 05
aribisala0:
This is my take on the Grammy Award African category
1. None of the nominees really produces AFRICAN MUSIC. They are producing commercial music. and their nominations are influenced by AMERICAN RECORD LABELS. Was there any nominee not connected to an American label. Increasingly we are being made to accept that kind of music which is sweet to American ears as the best. There is nothing wrong with winning any award but we must be awake to the influence of. Money and how that dictates to us what we must like. Fela did not gain fame by trying to Westernize his message.
It seems to me that it is better business for the American labels to bring a new winner rather than recycle the usual Nigerian suspects. I urge our musicians to remain original and not try to please anyone

2. It is a shame and a sign of colonialism that Africans should be waiting for America to tell us the best African songs each year. We should be able to do that ourselves in an African capital
3. Even more shameful that we mill around to celebrate like fools totally oblivious to the cultural participation and our own shameless validation craving. no doubt many would have felt good if one of our own bad won but that would merely be feeding a growing addiction
4. Why can't we have our own award in Yaounde or Abidjan or Abuja
5. One final word on money. The Grammy awards in 2020 made $110 million from advertising alone. It is business.
Africa has 54 countries we should wake up . Start having our own

The problem here is the high level of corruption thar has eaten deep into our system.

I hope we get it right someday so we don't depend on the west to give us that validation of our hard work. cool
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by unity004(m): 7:56am On Feb 05
[color=#000099][/color] you are funny πŸ˜‚ 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. So awards like headie award are for footballers abi?
aribisala0:
1. None of the nominees really produces AFRICAN MUSIC. They are producing commercial music. and their nominations are influenced by AMERICAN RECORD LABELS. Was there any nominee not connected to an American label. Increasingly we are being made to accept that kind of music which is sweet to American ears as the best. There is nothing wrong with winning any award but we must be awake to the influence of. Money and how that dictates to us what we must like. Fela did not gain fame by trying to Westernize his message.
It seems to me that it is better business for the American labels to bring a new winner rather than recycle the usual Nigerian suspects. I urge our musicians to remain original and not try to please anyone

2. It is a shame and a sign of colonialism that Africans should be waiting for America to tell us the best African songs each year. We should be able to do that ourselves in an African capital
3. Even more shameful that we mill around to celebrate like fools totally oblivious to the cultural participation and our own shameless validation craving. no doubt many would have felt good if one of our own bad won but that would merely be feeding a growing addiction
5. One final word on money. The Grammy awards in 2020 made $110 million from advertising alone. It is business.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Bashnigga(m): 7:58am On Feb 05
Vinnie2000:

Davido's songs from this his last album are Cool but I don't think any of them can get him a Grammy. sad

Wizkid used Brown Skin Girl to win his Grammy
While Burnaboy used Jerusalema to win his. smiley

Davido needs a Powerful song with a strong African or Worldwide appeal.
Oga Burna boy won a Grammy for best global music album 2021, and not for that Jerusalema song

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Bobotic(m): 7:58am On Feb 05
The thing pain am o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Inobeyourmate: 8:00am On Feb 05
Davido quick rush go buy suit for #2023Grammys as if nah best Best Graduating student award, them carry Baba Handicap 2. What was he even thinking, nah by singing β€œIsakaba” person dey take win Grammy
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by unity004(m): 8:01am On Feb 05
Lol u don't know Grammy awards, the awards is for intellectual music and not popularity besides They favour Americans to outsiders that's why people like ed Sheeran and the weekend are some time not nominated or awarded
ElasmoBranchii:

Omo since the time they snub The Weeknd in the 2021 awards despite him the fact that he had a song "Blinding Lights" that was on top 10 in billboard hot 100 for more than a year, I no dey take them seriously again.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by speedchariot(m): 8:02am On Feb 05
No Grammy for Rehma's hit song?
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ElasmoBranchii(m): 8:05am On Feb 05
unity004:
Lol u don't know Grammy awards, the awards is for intellectual music and not popularity besides They favour Americans to outsiders that's why people like ed Sheeran and the weekend are some time not nominated or awarded

That means that tyla song about squirting is intellectual music... interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by DelphiOracle(m): 8:05am On Feb 05
aribisala0:

naked truth

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by unity004(m): 8:08am On Feb 05
Yeah compare with the rubbish songs in the same category
ElasmoBranchii:

That means that tyla song about squirting is intellectual music... interesting.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by SuperOnyi: 8:11am On Feb 05
Honoredeblazac:

shocked

Bro grin grin, they said she's 22 which means she was born in 2001 or 2002 β€” Gen Z are getting old. By the way, I didn't even know there was gonna be a Grammy award event; I'm too disconnected from the world.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Dybala11(m): 8:15am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:
LolπŸ˜‚, the diplomatic version. Didn't he say "na we get amapiano"?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Mocking SA.

Where was African spirit then?

All 5 Nigerians lost. Humble pie times in Naija o.

Can't wait for Wednesday - wwe smackdown!⚽
Who do you think will get smacked down on Wednesday?
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ElasmoBranchii(m): 8:17am On Feb 05
unity004:
Yeah compare with the rubbish songs in the same category

Okay let me ask you for someone to compose a song that stayed in the top 10 on the chart for more than a year when other artists songs fade out in a month. What does that tell you?

Nobody in the music industry has ever achieved that.

Even the Grammy realized their mistake and scraped out the committee that overlooked his music.

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:20am On Feb 05
Artscollection:
Her dressing thoigh

Toni Braxton Dress was worse!!

No wonder Weekend... D Canadian Artist wrote off Grammys....

My Take na Davido suppose win.. the award... Tyla music is appealing to the whites....

To me oo.. Her song is not African as such... yes from SA.... ... me on see the african touch in her music... 🎊 to her...!!... Davido u try you worked for it...

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by aribisala0(m): 8:31am On Feb 05
unity004:
[color=#000099][/color] you are funny πŸ˜‚ 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. So awards like headie award are for footballers abi?
I am not funny.
You do not know me . I stated things the way I see them
You are free to disagree.
Nothing wrong with a different perspective
The fact that we are online does not mean you should be rude or open your mouth without filter.
Your mother or father cannot see me in real life and tell me

You are funny. They dare not do that So what gives you that effrontery? The anonymity of the internet? Not everyone here is your father's mate.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Rahkman: 8:34am On Feb 05
ThunderFireAgba:
Don't know why stupid Africans are fighting for recognition? Why can you guys create your own version of Grammy here in your Continent?
This is part of modern day slavery we all talk about.
it's not about africa, the grammy award has been held by powerful figures iconic names like micheal jackson, quincy Jones whitney houston Ray charles stevie wonder.....etc it' just comparing balon d or to caf player of the year, which 1 u go like win??
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by aribisala0(m): 8:34am On Feb 05
sylve11:

The problem here is the high level of corruption thar has eaten deep into our system.

I hope we get it right someday so we don't depend on the west to give us that validation of our hard work. cool
Not sure how that is a problem,specifically. Are you saying There is no corruption in the Grammy system? I am saying the opposite.
The Grammy only nominated artistes that are linked to American businesses for an AFRICAN MUSIC award. If that is not corruption then what is ?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Rinoxy: 8:38am On Feb 05
Honoredeblazac:
...and you're very correct.
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Rinoxy: 8:39am On Feb 05
ROTTWEILER007:
I Hope the congratulatory message is coming from his heart. He may have used "Africa" to buy the sympathy of everyone that cares to listen but deep down inside, he would have wished he won it. Anyways, let's celebrate others when it didn't go out way. Congratulations Tyla. Congratulations everyone who was nominated, we all are winners!!!
Not necessary, he did the right thing. Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Rinoxy: 8:41am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:
LolπŸ˜‚, the diplomatic version. Didn't he say "na we get amapiano"?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Mocking SA.

Where was African spirit then?

All 5 Nigerians lost. Humble pie times in Naija o.

Can't wait for Wednesday - wwe smackdown!⚽
Your comment makes no sense. Even SA wishes to be NG. Period!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Rinoxy: 8:41am On Feb 05
AllenSpencer:
🀣🀣🀣🀣

Davido was the first to reach the venue, still helped them to arrange chairs, and lost out in all categories.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Absuchat(m): 8:43am On Feb 05
How do people feel comfortable coming outside almost nude?
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by ObaKlaz: 8:46am On Feb 05
Honoredeblazac:
Oga, na konji dey worry u. She no too fine like that, facially, but she get mad sex appeal. So much that when you see her, the only thing on your mind is how to make her go on all fours while you give her some mad strokes and bust a huge load on her face. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Winneepye: 8:47am On Feb 05
Music is an art not only singing for money that our artists do. Just sing a good song that you love and Grammy will look for you.

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Lanre1st(m): 8:50am On Feb 05
markidoo:
Please what is Grammy cos it's only music I listen to must the Female πŸ† winners come naked to receive the awards?

The what she uses to win
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Greenback: 8:58am On Feb 05
Tyla's WATER is really kool...that song is a sure Grammy award winner....

Ronus for nor let us hear word..
How can Ahhhhhhhh ,skiiibo Fuji wan collect award 😁

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Greenback: 9:01am On Feb 05
I am just so proud of the ZA...things work there..

Imagine a whole Nigeria now on a mere 59 megawatt!!!!!
Not as though there's been power all along..the kwantiri should be on eBay for sale
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by KingDash09(m): 9:13am On Feb 05
Nothing for Davido till infinity
Atleast wizkid and burna get
kerry57:
Na turn by turn
Re: Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award by Olodo24: 9:16am On Feb 05
aribisala0:

We don't value our own things. How many even take the Headies this seriously? Americans criticize the Oscars and Grammys, but they still value them. But we just condemn our own things quickly like there's any perfect organization anywhere. No one talks about AMAA again. AMVCA is only left for BBN folks right now as top Nollywood stars don't attend anymore. We leave our things so quickly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lola Omotayo-Okoye Reacts To Mr P "Cool It Down" Video / Duncan Mighty Feeds His Son Amid 'Wife Battering' Scandal (Photo) / Cossy Orjiakor Shares Pic From A Club (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.