Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Come Let Make Man In Our Image - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come Let Make Man In Our Image (932 Views)

God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) / Let Us Make Man In Our Image, After Our Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Let Make Man In Our Image by ayedun(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2007
In(Gen. 1:26) Says "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness',
and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air,, ":

Who are the People God called together to make Man?
Or How can will know that we are the image of God when nobody ever see God?

Pls, someone clearify this verse, Because when God created all other thing God did not
call anybody He said Let There be Dark and there is Dark.
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by Infourmer: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2007
I'll answer your question but if doubt is your primary intention you need to work on that.

God called the Holy spirit and the Word,and Man is created in the Glory of God. Man was formed as a spirit being i.e they can only function as a spirit,they have the word power but the devil came and striped them naked of Gods Glory.

That is exactly what Jesus came to restore.
Am the Glory of Gods word.
A product of His word.
I function as a spirit being,because Gods spirit testify of my spirit that am a child of God.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

John 15:26
"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me

John 5:32
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

God is spirit,so am I because am his child.

A goat will always give birth to a goat.

A cow will always give birth to a cow.

A monkey will always give birth to a monkey.

Gods spirit will always give birth to a spirit by Gods word.
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by cgift(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2007
ayedun:
In(Gen. 1:26) Says "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness',
and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air,, ":

Who are the People God called together to make Man?

I acquisce 100% to Infourmer's answer.

ayedun:
Or How can will know that we are the image of God when nobody ever see God?

The meaning of image in that passage as revealed in some scriptures i will pass across to you is not the physcial resemblance of a thing. It goes far more than that. I am yet to see a scripture that can prove unequivocally that God has two (2) hands and two (2) legs, one head, 2 eyes, etc like we humans. But what really could the bible be saying about creating man in his image and likeness? Read on,

The wordweb, # 4, defines image as A standard or typical example of something. # 5, it also defines it as Language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense. Whilst, if you say as it relates to man that somebody is an image of his father, you mean one of two things: 1) that he physically resembles his father either facially or in body structure or 2) that he has copied his father's character.

Because we have not seen God as you correctly posited, we are left to explore the scond option, i.e. character. Let us go to God's words, the bible for the answer.

Colossians 3: 10 says , and have put on the new man, that is being renewed in knowledge after [/b]the [b]image [/b]of his Creator, Mark the words, Knowledge after the Image.

also consider: [b]Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which [b]after [/b]God is created in [b]righteousness [/b]and true [b]holiness

The image being referred to is having knowledge like God. We have not attained this position yet, but we know all things by the help of his Holy Spirit.

The likeness [/b]as you can see is referring to being [b]like God in righteous and holy living. So at creation, man was in God's image. He knew things: he had the wsdom of God as he could name all the animals one after the other and it went well with God. He had God's kind of knowledge. He saw Eve for the first time and could recognise that this is the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh (who told him, she was mad from his bones (rib) despite the fact that he was put to sleep by God before the operation? Amazing isn't it?

He also went ahead to name her "Woman", like man what a powerful inherent knowledge.

He was holy like God,. He was righteous like God. God could fellowship with man like his mates. They could reason together, they were at 'same' level because they were of the same order just like Christ is after [/b]the order of 'Melchizdek'. I wish i could go on and on. But this little should suffice.

[b]Infourmer

thank you bros. I dey enjoy you.
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by lafile(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2007
I didn't get this part o.

ayedun:

Please, someone clearify this verse, Because when God created all other thing God did not
call anybody He said Let There be Dark and there is Dark.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by cgift(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2007
lafile:

I didn't get this part o.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

You know what just excuse my brada! He is upcoming in the scriptures grin grin

idea is nid grin
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by lafile(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2007
eh, but e for try read the thing well now. at least light and dark start with different letters.
Re: Come Let Make Man In Our Image by cgift(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2007
lafile:

eh, but e for try read the thing well now. at least light and dark start with different letters.

Light "L" , Dark "D" grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. / How Much Is Your Regular Sunday Offering? / Satan, Athiest And Worship Of God,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.