Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home (32253 Views)

Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos / Robbers Who Disguises As NEPA Officials Caught, Tied And Beaten By Mob (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by theredaddy: 10:12pm On Feb 05
nkemdi89:
It is wrong for you to struggle with a police man, manner of approach from your own part matters a lot , a techie doesn't make you above every other person, if they have shot you for resisting search, you don't have a case , besides a police man can search without a search warrant, but it's necessary for them to get one , for further prosecution of the suspect. Even having a blank search warrant it's enough to let you know they were acting based on tip off, and any further delay may thwart the purpose of the operation. You were interfering with their operation throughout and you think you were smart .

Resisting arrest or struggling with police might be wrong But no police has right to search your house without an address warrant stating intent, search interest and signed. on two occassion i have schooled policemen that stormed my apartment, they calm down ... if i let you in is becos i have nothing to hide

You can"t mis-inform the public to subject themselves to harassment when they are within there rights ... so many people are in prison today becos they failed to ask questions that depict you are no push over, if you are not careful police can implicate or plant exhibit into your car or house where you are shaking like jelly fish.
i love that dude cheesy

8 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by betshopagent(m): 10:15pm On Feb 05
That's normal. Our president is a fraudster who amassed his wealth from drug dealing.

4 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Mcslize: 10:15pm On Feb 05
Lastmessenger2:
That's the country some fools defend with their life day and night

E.g ogbonti. I just tire for that man.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by We4all: 10:16pm On Feb 05
This is display of unprofessionalism at its peak. But that doesn't exonerate the victims because some so called 'remote Nigerian workers', are actually into fraud. Let's not deceive ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Swagk101(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05
jojothaiv:
Too bad...

The country keeps churning out stories that makes one doubt one sanity, stories that makes a man's heart cold.

I used to high five Moss lines on [b]Show Dem Camp Streets [/b]single but with I'm reading tonight I don't think the below lines hold water anymore.

Now the lifestyle is stay home
Go out, make bread
And barely show face
You're a real OG for knowing that SDC track!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by nkemdi89(f): 10:28pm On Feb 05
theredaddy:

Resisting arrest or struggling with police might be wrong But no police has right to search your house without an address warrant stating intent, search interest and signed. on two occassion i have schooled policemen that stormed my apartment, they calm down ... if i let you in is becos i have nothing to hide

You can"t mis-inform the public to subject themselves to harassment when they are within there rights ... so many people are in prison today becos they failed to ask questions that depict you are no push over, if you are not careful police can implicate or plant exhibit into your car or house where you are shaking like jelly fish.
i love that dude cheesy
Do you know the police identity card alone is a search warrant? Another thing the way and manner he went about it was already creating an impression that there was something sinister he was hiding aside the suspected Internet fraud . That same axis in Abuja lot of stories of young guys killing their partner for ritual occurs regularly, what of kidnapping ?Communication matters a lot , a simple "Good afternoon officers and men , how is work today? I can see you guys are working hard to protect the country, my name is xyz haha there is no need of using cover to get access to me , please come in , you are most welcome and what assistance can render you and please can offer you water ? By doing that alone, you already building that relationship and managing their perception. Because I know he was fully convinced that they were not kidnappers . Besides Abuja police men are extremely careful when handling people, because they don't know who is who.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by samcolee(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05
nlfpmod:
It also happened to another person.

Credit: Somto

Ayoade john
No smoke without fire your neighbors informed them about you, home rat na im de call outside rat to come and eat
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Emmabyte: 10:30pm On Feb 05
Nigeria army behave like Boko Haram, Nigeria are all criminals they are all over the east collecting money at checking point with out sharm , what a country
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by 234daniel2010(m): 10:41pm On Feb 05
DissTroy:
For remote workers or people who work a lot from home, use co-working spaces at intervals. Asides shielding you from nosy envious neighbours, it helps you connect with people with like minds to balance your social life.

Work some days at home and work in co-working spaces on other days. Or if you have friends who are also techies living close to you, you guys can work some days rotatingly at each other's apartments. One week or three days rotation. Helps balance your social life too.
You can talk about the fine girl your friend just met , or some crazy thing politicians are up to, or some Twitter trend while you work. Fun too. Then you go home to your nosy neighbours not getting into your business.

This advice is for people still coming up.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Inspirer1: 10:53pm On Feb 05
DissTroy:
For remote workers or people who work a lot from home, use co-working spaces at intervals. Asides shielding you from nosy envious neighbours, it helps you connect with people with like minds to balance your social life.

Work some days at home and work in co-working spaces on other days. Or if you have friends who are also techies living close to you, you guys can work some days rotatingly at each other's apartments. One week or three days rotation. Helps balance your social life too.
You can talk about the fine girl your friend just met , or some crazy thing politicians are up to, or some Twitter trend while you work. Fun too. Then you go home to your nosy neighbours not getting into your business.
Although I understand your point, BUT its still a red flag to those nosy neighbours (his or his friends own) seeing guys always meeting up and "using laptop" to work and/or "running gen" always when there's no light

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by theredaddy: 10:54pm On Feb 05
nkemdi89:

Do you know the police identity card alone is a search warrant? Another thing the way and manner he went about it was already creating an impression that there was something sinister he was hiding aside the suspected Internet fraud . That same axis in Abuja lot of stories of young guys killing their partner for ritual occurs regularly, what of kidnapping ?Communication matters a lot , a simple "Good afternoon officers and men , how is work today? I can see you guys are working hard to protect the country, my name is xyz haha there is no need of using cover to get access to me , please come in , you are most welcome and what assistance can render you and please can offer you water ? By doing that alone, you already building that relationship and managing their perception. Because I know he was fully convinced that they were not kidnappers . Besides Abuja police men are extremely careful when handling people, because they don't know who is who.

Thats not true @least base on my experience, the last time police visited my apartment i told them if you ever come back with a blank warrant be ready to kill me,

If you understand criminology well enough you should know, he had so much confidence to act cos he knows he has no skeleton in his cupboard, conscience would have fall his hand if he had skeletons hidden .

It is just like when i am driving i see how cars dodge check points lane, naa that lane i dey shook head cos he sure me my Papers are complete 99%
I see your drive, buh bro we are in a jungle, e go shock you as you go bring water they fit plant something behind your tv console or chair ... you go explain taya
Smiling with Nigeria police is like eating with the devil using a teaspoon cheesy let that sink

6 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:57pm On Feb 05
R ur safety go and instil a camera in Your House and Outside ASAP.

WITH A CCTV CAMERA DEY WOUÑD BE D ONE BEGGING

THOSE GUYS CAN KILL.

How fr any remote job link plz I hsve been looking 4 a remote job
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by DissTroy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 05
234daniel2010:

This advice is for people still coming up.

Most people in tech are still coming up. For those who are experienced, they already know co-working spaces are the best options. Then they supplement with working from home.

Experienced people know isolation is debilitating healthwise and socially.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by honour7: 11:12pm On Feb 05
DissTroy:

Exactly my thought, even if you can work from home still have an office you can move to from time to time, it's even somehow unhealthy working from were you stay and the worst part is most of these people don't exercise.

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Badboybito22: 11:12pm On Feb 05
As painful as it is, it’s happening everywhere, no one is safe anymore.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Ilekokonit: 11:49pm On Feb 05
Anguldi:
Yeye neighbors.

I relocated to naija to open a restaurant in 2006. It didn't work out due to staff theft and I resisted coming back to London for a while and during that 16 month resistance period, a woman on my street that I buy food from everyday told a friend of mine that even IF it is true that I am a London returnee that my money suppose don finish by now thus insinuating that maybe I was into some funny stuff And this is on a road off Allen Avenue Ikeja in fact on Fela's Street - Gbemisola Street although the lady in question was a semi illiterate in her thinking.

Also makes me remember in 2004 when the head of the anti robbery squad in Ibadan saw me flexing at a joint and he was in mufti and the next day, the impromptu driver who was ferrying me around Ibadan (who unbeknownst to me was a police informant) had contacted the police behind my back and notified them that I was a person of interest with the way I was generous with money including to this ingrate of a driver.

Unknown to me the police tailed me to a joint where I was flexing and the next day they came to my hotel room, searched the whole place to no avail and the head of the anti robbery squad asked me if I was a yahoo boy, a ritualist, an armed robber or a kidnapper to which I answered none of the above.

I then sat them down and gave them a lecture about why I came back to Nigeria from the UK to set up a restaurant and my only reason for coming to Ibadan from Lagos was because I was a student at UI many years earlier and I thought that shops were cheaper to rent in Ibadan than in Lagos.

I still had to go to their station to write a statement but the head of the anti robbery squad later came with his girlfriend to take me out to a joint at Liberty stadium as a way of apologizing to me and when he called the next day and I told him I was going back to Lagos and may not visit Ibadan again for a while, he begged me not to write off Ibadan like that. His boys even asked for my UK number so that they could keep in touch.

When I was growing up in Lagos, no matter how much you spend for beer parlour, nobody see you talk less undercover police tracking and monitoring you because you dey spray Dele Bravo N200 notes for beer parlour in 2004 simply because you ran out of 20 Naira notes and Dele Bravo was singing an Orlando Owoh song which I liked. It made me realise that my 4 years at UI campus had insulated me against how backward Ibadan night life was compared to that of Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by MasterTeeUSA: 12:18am On Feb 06
If they are gathering intelligence and people are telling them no one leaves that house...you think they shouldn't come and investigate...even FBI will investigate you for terrorism if money is coming in from outside of the country and you hardly leave your house. They won't wait till you blow things up..this is why it is important to relate with people around you, so they won't be suspecting you.

nlfpmod:

Credit: Omo GbajaBiamila
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by CaptainFM1: 12:28am On Feb 06
Seriously speaking, no sane Nigerian should be voting in future elections anymore. You can see the people we elected don't really care about us. Virtually all politicians are after their own pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Badadvisor: 12:49am On Feb 06
Asquare84:
The policemen did their job, my neighbor next door neighbor are all into fraud, those guys don't do anything during the day only to be operating during the night, honestly they are nightmares.
Mind your business before them use you count scores. Remember what happened to the government lady working in Aso rock. If they can do that to someone who works with the government you're just a small fish.
Learn to mind your business like the western world. Mexicans,blacks and white sell drugs in the neighborhood but no one gives a fvck because your neighbor doesn't even owe you a normal greeting and vice versa. You Nigerians always poke nosing in people's affairs who are regular tenants like you and pays exactly the same house rent. Better go build your own house if you want to dey boss around.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by JealousCobra(m): 1:07am On Feb 06
nkemdi89:
It is wrong for you to struuggle with a police man, manner of approach from your own part matters a lot , a techie doesn't make you above every other person, if they have shot you for resisting search, you don't have a case , besides a police man can search without a search warrant, but it's necessary for them to get one , for further prosecution of the suspect. Even having a blank search warrant it's enough to let you know they were acting based on tip off, and any further delay may thwart the purpose of the operation. You were interfering with their operation throughout and you think you were smart .

U just said my mind, the guy na mumu.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Badadvisor: 1:15am On Feb 06
Ilekokonit:

I relocated to naija to open a restaurant in 2006. It didn't work out due to staff theft and I resisted coming back to London for a while and during that 16 month resistance period, a woman on my street that I buy food from everyday told a friend of mine that even IF it is true that I am a London returnee that my money suppose don finish by now thus insinuating that maybe I was into some funny stuff And this is on a road off Allen Avenue Ikeja in fact on Fela's Street - Gbemisola Street although the lady in question was a semi illiterate in her thinking.

Also makes me remember in 2004 when the head of the anti robbery squad in Ibadan saw me flexing at a joint and he was in mufti and the next day, the impromptu driver who was ferrying me around Ibadan (who unbeknownst to me was a police informant) had contacted the police behind my back and notified them that I was a person of interest with the way I was generous with money including to this ingrate of a driver.

Unknown to me the police tailed me to a joint where I was flexing and the next day they came to my hotel room, searched the whole place to no avail and the head of the anti robbery squad asked me if I was a yahoo boy, a ritualist, an armed robber or a kidnapper to which I answered none of the above.

I then sat them down and gave them a lecture about why I came back to Nigeria from the UK to set up a restaurant and my only reason for coming to Ibadan from Lagos was because I was a student at UI many years earlier and I thought that shops were cheaper to rent in Ibadan than in Lagos.

I still had to go to their station to write a statement but the head of the anti robbery squad later came with his girlfriend to take me out to a joint at Liberty stadium as a way of apologizing to me and when he called the next day and I told him I was going back to Lagos and may not visit Ibadan again for a while, he begged me not to write off Ibadan like that. His boys even asked for my UK number so that they could keep in touch.

When I was growing up in Lagos, no matter how much you spend for beer parlour, nobody see you talk less undercover police tracking and monitoring you because you dey spray Dele Bravo N200 notes for beer parlour in 2004 simply because you ran out of 20 Naira notes and Dele Bravo was singing an Orlando Owoh song which I liked. It made me realise that my 4 years at UI campus had insulated me against how backward Ibadan night life was compared to that of Lagos.
That's one thing i really love about Lagos.
Nobody gives a single fvck about anybody. You don't even exist to no one.
This story you just narrated is worse in the south east. All these uneducated housewives saying shits behind your back thinking you don't hear igbo ( even though I'm a full blooded igbo boy even from a royal family) tho i always keep all of that private and just do take care of my affairs while ignoring side talks or gossips. Annoying part is that they can never say it in your presence or show their faces when talking those craps. Just waiting for the day I'd make the faces of those dumbos I'll mess then up myself so bad including their husbands and get them bloody. Certainly the case will end up in the police station and certainly I'll be back same day or next. If you don't treat their Bleep up they would keep tarnishing your name around.
I bottled my downstairs neighbor head in my previous apartment because i marked him perfectly and i was very certain he was the one taking the lead in saying crap about me, after messing him up so bad and we both went to the police station. All through my stay in that area i never heard any silly talk about me.
Nigerians especially the female housewives can be really petty you have to teach them a very big lesson before they start coordinating properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Kingmadiba2(m): 1:17am On Feb 06
Most people just think that you must have a job that takes you out on weekly basis before you can be seen as someone who is doing legit business or job to earn a living.

A lot of people make crazy money working remotely.

Join my Free Forex class if you are interested

09-13-45-00-37-6
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by steeltrust: 1:17am On Feb 06
nlfpmod :
When my friends call me, the most consistent question is, "Demola, what are you still doing in that country?"

That question is really heartbreaking. You may not realize it but it is a very heartbreaking question.

What am I doing in my own country? Ahhhh, this is sad!

Na the last part touch me
I so much love naija but it pains me people who’re suppose to make it better are the same people destroying it cause of their own selfish interest
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Badadvisor: 1:17am On Feb 06
MasterTeeUSA:
If they are gathering intelligence and people are telling them no one leaves that house...you think they shouldn't come and investigate...even FBI will investigate you for terrorism if money is coming in from outside of the country and you hardly leave your house. They won't wait till you blow things up..this is why it is important to relate with people around you, so they won't be suspecting you.

You don't owe anybody any friendship.
No one can call the cops on you in western world if you go out regularly or not. You can stay in a neighborhood for years and never get to see your next door neighbors. Nigerians never mind their business and that's something everyone knows.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by steeltrust: 1:22am On Feb 06
Badadvisor:

No one can call the cops on you in western world if you go out regularly or not. You can stay in a neighborhood for years and never get to see your next door neighbors. Nigerians never mind their business and that's something everyone knows.
bless you brother
No mind that okponu

Have been in the US for a year plus I haven’t even seen my neighbors eye to eye
My wife has been living here for eight years before I joined and she doesn’t even know if her neighbors are black or white

2 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by ceejay80s(m): 1:34am On Feb 06
End SARS volume 2 loading.....
Evil tinubu go order the shooting tire for toll gate
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Patojargz: 1:58am On Feb 06
God no go allow una enter my compound like that if not e don b....
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by MasterTeeUSA: 2:05am On Feb 06
if there is kidnapping, yes someone will be knocking on your day if you stay home and do nothing...and appear odd. Go to some communities here and police will follow you...dey play

Badadvisor:

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by rafcrown(m): 2:15am On Feb 06
ZOOGERIAquote author=Ebukamatth post=128306239]You get mind dey drag with police

If na my side, na mortuary you go dey now
By Tomorrow, we go dig six feet for you

Thank God they no kill you or carry small accusation put on top your head

I rest my case

The elders will tell you what to do[/quote]
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by arantess: 2:42am On Feb 06
DissTroy:

Same thing....
The house you gather at have neighbours too who will see young guys clustering on certain days and also call police
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by PforPython(m): 3:19am On Feb 06
The only problem I see is the unprofessional manner they went about trying to search your house, but considering the level of insecurity in the country I feel this kind of search or inspection has become very necessary.
Perhaps in your own case, you are truly working remotely and earning your money legally. But how about those who are kidnappers, ritualists, armed robbers, scammers that will also claim to be working remotely or doing some funny business to make money.
We've really got a lot of work to do to start identifying criminals in our society, and the police has a major role to play in this. Unfortunately, the police itself is notorious for being corrupt and unprofessional, so this is the first problem to solve.

If you don't have anything to hide and you're sure the police will be professional in the way they search your house, you shouldn't try to be stubborn by resisting them. It's all to make the country safer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

27-Year-Old Lady Goes Missing In Lagos State (Photos) / Driver Kidnaps His Boss In Edo, Kills & Dumps His Body In Septic Tank / Man Arrested For Planning With Another Person To Kill His Pregnant Wife (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.