Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home (32267 Views)

Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos / Robbers Who Disguises As NEPA Officials Caught, Tied And Beaten By Mob (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by ariesbull: 3:28am On Feb 06
nlfpmod:
It also happened to another person.

Credit: Somto

Ayoade john

I work for myself and I can world from home but what I do is once in a while I drive to office ....so that most of these stupid neighbours will have an idea

These days people work from home
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BeeNG3: 3:31am On Feb 06
Omo dey calm down for police o
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by VaginaAcademic: 3:52am On Feb 06
In the USA you for cashout because of their numerous unprofessional conduct by suing them.

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Berankis: 3:52am On Feb 06
I read this story with rapt attention and I learned a lot from it. It is just quite unfortunate how we live and conduct ourselves in this country. You will understand better if you have had terrible experience with agencies and even community people. But one thing that makes me not to take Nigerians seriously is how we continuously lie to ourselves, always denying the truth and pointing accusing fingers at some set of people - as if we don't know where our problems are coming from.
The country is where it is today because we all behave very very badly (with the exception of a very few upright ones - very few).
The Nigerian police is bad? Yes, it is comprised of Nigerians and most Nigerians are terrible people, civilians or otherwise.
The Politicians are terrible? Yes, they are Nigerians and most Nigerians are like that wherever and in whatever capacity.
Just name any sector you want to - Schools, Courts, Security Agencies, Passport Offices, Bus Stations, Market places, Communities, Government offices, Private Companies, Hospitals, Social Joints and even religious places... and it is simply same sad story of bad conduct.
We have actually lost it as a people. I can't understand how we got to this point.
The truth is that... Nigeria is not going anywhere and it won't ever get better if we continue like this. This is just the beginning...
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BluntCrazeMan: 4:07am On Feb 06
nlfpmod:
.…..“the leader took me to one corner and started giving me lectures on how wrong it is for me to resist a police officer.”....

Credit: Omo GbajaBiamila

He forgot to complete this line.

He forgot to add “a police officer on duty”.
And police officers on duty wear their full uniforms with their force-numbers and name tags clearly visible..

If they were on an tactical operation,, then, they should be wearing their tactical gears.
And they should have an official police badges.

If they were on a spy mission...
Even though they wore mufti,, they should all have their official police badges too.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BluntCrazeMan: 4:20am On Feb 06
DissTroy:
For remote workers or people who work a lot from home, use co-working spaces at intervals. Asides shielding you from nosy envious neighbours, it helps you connect with people with like minds to balance your social life.

Work some days at home and work in co-working spaces on other days. Or if you have friends who are also techies living close to you, you guys can work some days rotatingly at each other's apartments. One week or three days rotation. Helps balance your social life too.
You can talk about the fine girl your friend just met , or some crazy thing politicians are up to, or some Twitter trend while you work. Fun too. Then you go home to your nosy neighbours not getting into your business.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SOCIAL LIFE.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NOSY NEVER-MINDING-THEIR-BUSINESS NEIGHBOURS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Lumig: 4:25am On Feb 06
They are doing their job. Encourage them
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by bluefilm: 5:05am On Feb 06
Ebukamatth:
You get mind dey drag with police

If na my side, na mortuary you go dey now
By Tomorrow, we go dig six feet for you

Thank God they no kill you or carry small accusation put on top your head

I rest my case

The elders will tell you what to do

Pesin wey dey deal with gbajabiamila?

Im know say e get strong backups somewhere Weda na the main gbajabiamila or not
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Nato008(m): 5:16am On Feb 06
nkemdi89:
It is wrong for you to struggle with a police man, manner of approach from your own part matters a lot , a techie doesn't make you above every other person, if they have shot you for resisting search, you don't have a case , besides a police man can search without a search warrant, but it's necessary for them to get one , for further prosecution of the suspect. Even having a blank search warrant it's enough to let you know they were acting based on tip off, and any further delay may thwart the purpose of the operation. You were interfering with their operation throughout and you think you were smart .
U almost sound wise but mehn don't say these in public....do u even realize that what the did....in sane places where there courts work...he would sue them and win....I guess u didn't see when hushpuppy was arrested....see eh the thing is we gotten used to bad practices and because we have a useless judiciary we feel helpless...that thing was illegal in it's totality, if u have a search warrant why come on mufti....
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Nato008(m): 5:19am On Feb 06
VaginaAcademic:
In the USA you for cashout because of their numerous unprofessional conduct by suing them.
That is because it is sane place, and no one would try this because the know the can be sued and even sent to prison.... cause this is a criminal offense mehn...

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Babangidapikin: 5:28am On Feb 06
The Police usually should be allowed to do their Job .....but Nigeria Police small thing they would tell you they have found exhibit on you, and you have to settle ...the reason you have to make sure they are on legal duty....thy should always learn to carry the right Id and warranty... people are not magicians to know they are police ...but it is good they are checking suspicious characters.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Harnny(m): 6:39am On Feb 06
DissTroy:
For remote workers or people who work a lot from home, use co-working spaces at intervals. Asides shielding you from nosy envious neighbours, it helps you connect with people with like minds to balance your social life.

Work some days at home and work in co-working spaces on other days. Or if you have friends who are also techies living close to you, you guys can work some days rotatingly at each other's apartments. One week or three days rotation. Helps balance your social life too.
You can talk about the fine girl your friend just met , or some crazy thing politicians are up to, or some Twitter trend while you work. Fun too. Then you go home to your nosy neighbours not getting into your business.
lol... so they can pack all of you together at one point. Na only yourself you know to be clean o!.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:41am On Feb 06
Nigeria is best identified "that country". It's no longer "beloved country " that we used to call it when we were young embarassed
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Emman08: 7:13am On Feb 06
Hey God. Sorry for your ordeal. My organisation switched to remote work since COVID and I tell anyone who pokes their nose that I'm job hunting. People wahala too much.

I'm almost sure that someone went to tell the police you people work from home and are criminals. And knowing police and how useless they are...
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Hotzone(m): 7:14am On Feb 06
iwaeda:

Most police officers are criminals. grin grin grin grin grin
Ikpu nne gi there!
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Emman08: 7:14am On Feb 06
BluntCrazeMan:

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SOCIAL LIFE.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NOSY NEVER-MINDING-THEIR-BUSINESS NEIGHBOURS.

100%. I work remotely and I prefer to be alone. Even the Mrs de excuse me during my work hours. People are nosy and don't mind their business. Just yesterday a neighbour came asking what work do I do? I just tell them I'm job searching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Blazebond(m): 7:18am On Feb 06
The current state of insecurity in Nigeria and the F.C.T in particular is responsible for the tactics being used now, kidnappers,armed robbers and even fraudsters use the "remote work" as a cover to disguise their activities,their actions where rough and invasive but expect more behaviors in the coming months from them like that ,many people claiming to be "remote" workers are liars.police work nor easy or simple for anywhere in the world,they are all the same.go and read up how the F.B.I was able.to clamp down on organize crime in the u.s.a in the early 1900's ,na then una when dey run una mouth anyhow for here go shut up. Profiling exist everywhere na only naive people they feel say na only Nigeria e for dey happen.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Enemyofpeace: 7:24am On Feb 06
Same thing happened to me in Lagos

I almost joined my ancestors this morning, as I was zipping my trouser the zip got hold of my staff of office.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by oweniwe(m): 7:41am On Feb 06
DissTroy:

What if police come and raid the co-working space ... Using excuse that "criminals are gathering there to scam" ... Carry everybody go station?

Na same thing

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BluntCrazeMan: 7:47am On Feb 06
Emman08:

100%. I work remotely and I prefer to be alone. Even the Mrs de excuse me during my work hours. People are nosy and don't mind their business. Just yesterday a neighbour came asking what work do I do? I just tell them I'm job searching.
You see am naa..

Some neighbours no dey just face their lives.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Emman08: 8:00am On Feb 06
BluntCrazeMan:
You see am naa..

Some neighbours no dey just face their lives.

And e don ask before. I mistakenly told him where the Mrs works na there he begin put eye
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BluntCrazeMan: 8:11am On Feb 06
Emman08:

And e don ask before. I mistakenly told him where the Mrs works na there he begin put eye
People seff
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Clinghton: 8:28am On Feb 06
They want everybody to feel the pain of the economy, the forget that all hands are not the same.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by oyeb15: 8:42am On Feb 06
That's why I will never waste my RIP any Nigerian policeman.

Get d names of some of them and sue them for harassment, damages and unlawful entry into your property.

Then copy the state commissioner of Police and the IGP your petition attaching d full names, rank and division of these men.

The present IGP don't condone nonsense.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Frontend: 9:30am On Feb 06
I prefer hybrid to full remote setting how can I be working from home for one month no way instead I will look for another side hustle that will make me to at least leave the house twice or thrice a week
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Sctests: 9:36am On Feb 06
Blazebond:
The current state of insecurity in Nigeria and the F.C.T in particular is responsible for the tactics being used now, kidnappers,armed robbers and even fraudsters use the "remote work" as a cover to disguise their activities,their actions where rough and invasive but expect more behaviors in the coming months from them like that ,many people claiming to be "remote" workers are liars.police work nor easy or simple for anywhere in the world,they are all the same.go and read up how the F.B.I was able.to clamp down on organize crime in the u.s.a in the early 1900's ,na then una when dey run una mouth anyhow for here go shut up. Profiling exist everywhere na only naive people they feel say na only Nigeria e for dey happen.

You may be a policeman. Let me give you a good lecture. If you are not sure that your target is a criminal, then get a proper search warrant and identify yourself properly as a policeman with your name. Policemen in sane climes properly identify themselves with properly detailed and specific search warrant.

You guys in that country are so messed up in the head, that you now take abnormal as the standard operating procedure (SOP) for police work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Dwightventures(m): 9:46am On Feb 06
I've said again and again:
NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE!
NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!
NIGERIA IS A JOKE!
Nigerian Police are the nation's original first kidnappers.
I moved out of Lagos partly for fear of police and other uniformed government-licensed criminals.

GOD, I HATE this country!
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by NoToPile: 9:53am On Feb 06
It's neighbour's that gives police all this info.

If they notice you are always around especially as a man and you are making mistake working with a laptop you are automatically a yahoo guy especially if they perceive you are living large.

It's the means the police use to investigate that's the problem.

Do I blame them, maybe not.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by onyxo76(m): 10:21am On Feb 06
If you have to work remotely, i will advise you get one small shop in another neighborhood which you can run as a biz center, photocopy, printing, maybe selling a few phone accessories etc,at least that will take you out of your house for a few hours daily.then if you know you live in one bad belle area better to look for another place to rent.people don't mind their biz at all.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by ChiefOkporghe: 10:52am On Feb 06
DissTroy:

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by DissTroy(m): 11:24am On Feb 06
oweniwe:

What if police come and raid the co-working space ... Using excuse that "criminals are gathering there to scam" ... Carry everybody go station?

Na same thing

When has the police ever raided co-working spaces? Do you know what co-working spaces are? Do you know how they are set-up? Like actual offices?
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by emmatex2020: 11:34am On Feb 06
Don`t stay in that compound again. Move out because all your neighbors are ur real enemies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Found Dead In Fulani Settlement In Kwara, Body Parts Missing / NURTW Members Protest MC Oluomo’s Emergence As Caretaker Committee Chair / Victoria Woke, 17-Year-Old Girl Missing In Port-Harcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.