Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

FG Laments High Cost Of Food - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Laments High Cost Of Food (25422 Views)

Osinbajo Laments High Post-Harvest Losses, Blames Poor Storage, Facilities / Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill / FG Laments Foreign Powers’ Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Setaleonoz(m): 8:51pm On Feb 06
Open the borders idioots
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by muller101(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06
How do you boost agricultural production with high cost of agro chemicals, diesel, and other farm imputes. That's where to start from not planting.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by fabolouz1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06
PBAT is the worst president to rule Nigeria .
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by martinmiller: 8:52pm On Feb 06
Don't mind him, it beats me how a whole minister of agriculture will talk cheaply like this with no iota of shame. What was food inflation statistic saying before now? In his statement, cogent issues that need dressing were not addressed

To cap it all, there has been no electricity in my area for about a week now, do you have power in your area?

The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians, suffering and smiling yet oppressing the poor.

Namaster:
Edun is a silly man.

Imagine a Minister talking all over the place without addressing the core issue - bandits tearing their way through farmlands and through farmers and their families.

You supply grains and fertilizers? To be used where? On the same farms that criminals are just waiting to slaughter farmers and rape their wives and daughters.

Edun is a VERY silly man.

It took the German Minister to point out the INSECURITY issues. Edun was just hitting USELESS talking points he he thinks is needed to get Germany to sign the MoU and release the funds for him and his boss to EMBEZZLE.

Silly man.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by muller101(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06
Setaleonoz:
Open the borders idioots
The boarders aren't closed.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by frazee: 8:54pm On Feb 06
He changed lagos, he transformed lagos.. he did this and that... now show working.... everywhere burst....
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06
Dikegodspower:
Before Easter, a bag of rive ho hit 100k

Yup. Don't bother saving money this period. Invest your money on assets, food items, anything. Anything at all.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by zoraro(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06
Like someone said earlier, this government is very funny, if the situation in the country was not tragic, I would have been laughing. The FG's policies are the cause of this problem (high cost of transporting goods due to hike in fuel price) so why are they surprised.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Bluntemperor: 8:56pm On Feb 06
Beremx:
Tinubu open borders let foodstuffs enter without being banned. It will help a lot
I learnt today that 1000CFA is equal to 2450Naira. Very sad

Thank you Ma'am!
I have suggested this on this Nairaland Forum on many Occasions,but it seems President Tinubu and his Officials- don't read Nairaland Forum Comments!
• Nigeria is in Serious Shortages of Food Supplies - due to Terrorists invading many Farmlands,hence Security issue!
• the Nigerian Farmers were Short-changed by the last Governor - Emiefiele's albatross,when NTrillions of Anchor Borrowers Money are still unaccounted for - so Farmers did not get Funding!
•A serous Govt therefore have to be Pro- active by - Allowing Massive Importations of All Foodstuffs - to bridge the gaps -as a Short Term Measures.
- While the Presidents supported the Importations of 42- Items, that were earlier banned by CBN,but since August 2023- why are Rice,etc ,not coming to Nigeria?
Rice is N62,000.now,this is not good enough for ordinary Nigerians
Urgency is demanded, Please.

2 Likes

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Danidinho4: 8:57pm On Feb 06
If it were in the case of a boyfriend and girlfriend I'd say i sense an emotional blackmail here. But as them say e nor de what to do

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Lifemanage: 8:59pm On Feb 06
This government na scam. No pretence about about it. Many grammar no action. See what they did to subsidy, CNG gas bus and vehicles we no see till today .....very fraudulent

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Matrix137(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06
Okay,

Are they just waking up?

2 Likes

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by pretydiva(f): 9:00pm On Feb 06
Pray make Edo state no start protest o

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by FLYFIRE(m): 9:01pm On Feb 06
Food is cheapest in Nigeria than in every other African country
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Cvxxx: 9:07pm On Feb 06
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Drbolie(m): 9:09pm On Feb 06
We sell BENUE Yams @ affordable price and we deliver Nationwide, Whatsapp 08161676914. Zero hunger is the Goal @ DRBOLIE ENTERPRISE
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Didijiji: 9:10pm On Feb 06
pretydiva:
Pray make Edo state no start protest o
I swear o

E nor go funny

But soon we go start
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by ClearFlair: 9:11pm On Feb 06
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Naijanascam: 9:12pm On Feb 06
Why lamenting on the cost of food?.... While you issued a statement that cost of living in Nigeria is the cheapest in Africa... Shameless pipul
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by MayowaTallguy: 9:17pm On Feb 06
All they know how to do is react and lament

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by SOLTEM: 9:17pm On Feb 06
Another major problem they're not talking about is worsening security. A lot of farmers has been displaced/killed due to herders and insecurity crisis. Hence, the production of food has reduced drastically because farmers are afraid to go to farm.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by StreetTyga: 9:21pm On Feb 06
I just spent M6,700. To cook useless okro soup.

Cow meat N2000
Knor maggi N100
Okpei N100
Crayfish N200
Pumpkin leaves N200
Garri half painter red N800
Red oil one cup of milk N250
Ogbono N400
Stockfish manageable N500
One bag of pure water to cook it N400
Transport for going and coming back N800
Before before all this things no pass 3k ... now see !

No family. Just me

God must surely punish who put me in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by udemzyudex(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06
I thought that man said ours is the lowest in west Africa?
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by omooba969(m): 9:27pm On Feb 06
saintjimos:
This is quite funny

Same govt that is causing hardship are also the ones lamenting about high cost of food ?

If this is not mockery on nigerians then I don't know what else to call it

Inú ìyà le ma kúsí, gbogbo yín! grin

I thought y'all loved your chains and oppressors. 😉

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by seunayantokun(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06
They are put in office to solve the problem but have turned around to lament it. You are only jumping here and there and lamenting. Are you lamentators?
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by tola268: 9:33pm On Feb 06
The immediate solution to the problem of food scarcity in the country now is; the Federal Government needs to import plenty bags of rice to this nation and then select group of agents that will be selling the rice not more than #10,000 per bag for common people in Nigeria. The agents must be supervised by the soldiers in selling the rice. The selling of the rice must spread across the towns and cities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Artscollection: 9:33pm On Feb 06
This one stupid join, supply n demand are normal indices in a normal economy why not address Insecurity that has forced farmers to abandon their farm, high cost of equipment and other stuffs needed for farming and high cost of logistics.
How can the whole team be mad n stupid at the same time.the other one wey hm face dey like he woke from sleep is there capping like a madman.

1 Like

Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by ufuosman(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06
Wetin dis one dey talk
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Carter4luv(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06
FG laments of high cost of food, who den wan deceive. rubbish
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by writeprof(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06
Beremx:
Tinubu open borders let foodstuffs enter without being banned. It will help a lot

I learnt today that 1000CFA is equal to 2450Naira. Very sad

Check the information again. That should be 1000 CFA to ₦450 because I believe 1000CFA is about or less than ₦500 as at today. In November 2023, I got 12000CFA for ₦20000 at Seme. It's been going down since then.
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:42pm On Feb 06
Federal government is lamenting? So what will the masses now do?
Re: FG Laments High Cost Of Food by naturefellow(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06
Paraman:
Guy stop this chidish stunt, please stop mentioning my moniker in your comments.
Paraman. Like how I do with your compadres...

CoronaVirusPro Helinues Madridguy Templarlandry Duro4chang LegendHero LeoDeKing Okoroawusa yarimo N3TRAL freestuffsng seunmsg moh247 ThatFairGuy1 denreledave Raskimonojendor silvernorgold mannabbqgreels = nlpolicewoman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol / Anti-Open Grazing Law: Herdsmen Storm Abuja Court, Demands Justice (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.