Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? (1534 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / What Wife Friendly Occupation Would You Suggest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 8:06pm On Feb 06
Good evening family.

In order not to take much of your time, I'll go straight to the point.

Some of you might come have come across my plea for assistance posts here on nairaland. I apologize for being such an irritant here, but it's actually deeper than that.

Please read on....

I wanted to post this in the Religion or Romance section, but religion section has less viewership and the Romance section is full of kids who don't understand life (I may be wrong) but this section has more matured members ( I could also be wrong too) as I'm only human and imperfect but ascribing to be perfect in Christ as we await his soon return.

Now the issue..

My name is Emeka (real name) and I'm a clergy, meaning I have dedicated my life in service to God in what ever capacity I could and to spread the gospel of Christ to the uttermost part of the earth.

But recently I have been faced with critical hardship that is challenging my faith but The enemy will never get me ( God forbid)

The main issue

I'm currently in Ohaozara Ebonyi state Nigeria on a missionary work, it's voluntary as I'm not paid a dime and i handle all expenses from my personal pocket. But right now, i can barely feed as the small business i was using to augment my expenses had to be shut down indefinitely as i was faced with with heartbreaking losses owing to the forex situation and economic downturn leaving me with unrepaid loans i took to service the business. Right now , i can barely feed myself and about breaking down mentally as the situation of things have become unbearable for me.

I'm contemplating leaving this village to join my friends in the City who are all living large with questionable sources of income as some of them have been calling me already to join them in their "Hussle"

I have prayed and fasted (voluntary and involuntary) but my condition is growing worse.

If i decide to leave this people and join my guys to hustle, I'll leave the people of this community as a confused sheep without a shepherd and like Jesus said, strike the shepherd, and the sheep will scatter.

What do you Family decide, should i abandon my calling and join my guys to "hustle" and continue my missionary work when I "blow" not minding the consequences?

I really need your advice family as I'm completely lost here and every second counts.

Remain blessed!
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by immortalcrown(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06
Nobody advised you to start the work. Why should we advise you to stop the work?

Keep following your mind. Keep following your own advice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Nazgul: 8:16pm On Feb 06
Question...Which church are you working with?

Besides you can always serve God anywhere, it doesn't have to be a particular place. So if the missionary work isn't paying you, why not quit and look for something else to do? Do you think it's easy to survive on begging? If you get help today, what about tomorrow, what about next tomorrow, next week, next month...etc.

I asked you the church you're working with cos I know that established churches don't just send their pastors to remote villages without making provision for their welfare.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by budaatum: 8:21pm On Feb 06
Matrix137:

I have prayed and fasted (voluntary and involuntary) but my condition is growing worse.

What do you Family decide, should i abandon my calling and join my guys to "hustle" and continue my missionary work when I "blow" not minding the consequences?

Basically, should you continue your so called calling while your condition worsens or should you get off your ass and work for your daily bread?

What do you think op? Are your current consequences real or imagined?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 8:23pm On Feb 06
Nazgul:
Question...Which church are you working with?

Besides you can always serve God anywhere, it doesn't have to be a particular place. So if the missionary work isn't paying you, why not quit and look for something else to do? Do you think it's easy to survive on begging? If you get help today, what about tomorrow, what about next tomorrow, next week, next month...etc.

I asked you the church you're working with cos I know that established churches don't just send their pastors to remote villages without making provision for their welfare.
It's a small pentecostal church called "God's mercy and grace" Church. It's relatively unknown and not as popular as the big churches we have in Nigeria. Also the members are not much and mostly indigent.

With the denomination issue we have in Nigeria, if you're not a tithe and offering paying member of the big churches, nobody really cares, even if you die of hunger, they still won't care lol. So much for one fellowship in Christ 🤣🤣
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by budaatum: 8:30pm On Feb 06
Matrix137:

With the denomination issue we have in Nigeria, if you're not a tithe and offering paying member of the big churches, nobody really cares, even if you die of hunger, they still won't care lol. So much for one fellowship in Christ 🤣🤣

"Tithe and offering paying member", are like customers who pay money to buy your goods, while those who don't tithe and offer are window shoppers.

Pray tell, which would you care about if the shop were yours?
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06
budaatum:

"Tithe and offering paying member", are like customers who pay money to buy your goods, while those who don't tithe and offer are window shoppers.

Pray tell, which would you care about if the shop were yours?

I will care for anybody as long as the person is part of the body of Christ and I have the financial capacity irrespective of the congregants wealth or social status exactly as the early churches did it.

The grave doesn't ask you for your denomination before it accepts you, does it?
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by mbaise1000: 8:36pm On Feb 06
FIRST, a pastor is supposed to be the Shepard, a leader, and the bible you will claim to use says that a man who cannot be able to handle his own household will not be able to handle the house of God, the most important advice here will be, if one of those you are leading will come to you and ask you for the advice you are asking us here, majority of us here not being Christians even, what advice will you give him? Or will you ask him to go and ask nairaland?
My personal opinion about you will be that it's not the TRUE God who chose you to do what you claim to be doing, but if it's truly Him which is very possible, my advice here to you will be that you should know that when the TRUE God sends someone on an errand, He always provides everything that one will need to do that work successfully. God doesn't make mistakes, he doesn't send anyone on a job He knows that one will not be able to do. One other thing I think here is that you have made up your mind to go, you are free, the bible said that """" what will separate us from God? Is it riches or whatever.
One other thing you should know is that God vlxan chose anyone he likes to do whatever, BTW it's not you doing whatever,you are not doing God any favour, he is the one doing favours to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by osmosis101(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06
Uhn
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by budaatum: 8:45pm On Feb 06
Matrix137:
I will care for anybody as long as the person is part of the body of Christ and I have the financial capacity irrespective of the congregants wealth or social status exactly as the early churches did it.

The grave doesn't ask you for your denomination before it accepts you, does it?

You are not asking about your death but for your daily bread. And considering you've confessed to begging here doesn't exactly suggest you have been helping anyone financially.

If it were the God written about in the Holy Bible that called you, you'd have been told that you should care for all of God's creations and not only those who are part of your body of Christ, and not knowing that might make God not reward you.

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06
budaatum:

You are not asking about your death but for your daily bread. And considering you've confessed to begging here doesn't exactly suggest you have been helping anyone financially.

If it were the God written about in the Holy Bible that called you, you'd have been told that you should care for all of God's creations and not only those who are part of your body of Christ, and not knowing that might make God not reward you.
I help people offline bro when i was financially sound and not even only that but when I also had nothing as i have also offered my last card to a stranger to feed while i remained hungry and i never did it publicly but in secret as Christ commanded.

I am even having a hard time saying it here on NL as i don't want to loose my reward as my real identity may be uncovered soon as my info is basically unhidden

We are basically saying the same thing according to the screenshot you posted.
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06
mbaise1000:
FIRST, a pastor is supposed to be the Shepard, a leader, and the bible you will claim to use says that a man who cannot be able to handle his own household will not be able to handle the house of God, the most important advice here will be, if one of those you are leading will come to you and ask you for the advice you are asking us here, majority of us here not being Christians even, what advice will you give him? Or will you ask him to go and ask nairaland?
My personal opinion about you will be that it's not the TRUE God who chose you to do what you claim to be doing, but if it's truly Him which is very possible, my advice here to you will be that you should know that when the TRUE God sends someone on an errand, He always provides everything that one will need to do that work successfully. God doesn't make mistakes, he doesn't send anyone on a job He knows that one will not be able to do. One other thing I think here is that you have made up your mind to go, you are free, the bible said that """" what will separate us from God? Is it riches or whatever.
One other thing you should know is that God vlxan chose anyone he likes to do whatever, BTW it's not you doing whatever,you are not doing God any favour, he is the one doing favours to you
Well, i will take it as part of the trials and temptation that God is allowing to help strengthen my faith.

I really appreciate you sir

Thanks for the soothing words

Remain ever blessed!
Amen!
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 9:28pm On Feb 06
Nobody should take this hopeless scammer seriously. Useless yahoo boy. After threatening to commit suicide because nobody give you money, you come here come change story say you be pastor.

Guy, you better enter street to find construction work like your mates. Go carry block if you wan chop and stop looking for who to scam. Yamayama fall on that your rugged bald head there. Lazy youth! angry
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06
Wotowotoman:
Nobody should take this hopeless scammer seriously. Useless yahoo boy. After threatening to commit suicide because nobody give you money, you come here come change story say you be pastor.

Guy, you better enter street to find construction work like your mates. Go carry block if you wan chop and stop looking for who to scam. Yamayama fall on that your rugged bald head there. Lazy youth! angry
Okay thanks
What about my other threads of last year?
Scam too?

Okay, call me and say it to my face

090 25 87 8 907

You can hide ur number, I don't care.

Have a nice Life!
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 9:52pm On Feb 06
Matrix137:

Okay thanks
Scam too?

090 25 87 8 907

You can i hide ur number, I don't care.

Have a nice Life!

Scammer, go enter construction site first thing tomorrow to carry block before Yamayama destroy that your bald head wey dey shine. Lazy man angry
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06
Wotowotoman:

Scammer go enter construction site first thing tomorrow to carry block before Yamayama destroy that your bald head wey dey shine. Lazy man angry
Okay
Thanks
Goodbye
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06
This thread is for Christians only please

Thanks 🙏
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 11:26pm On Feb 06
Matrix137:

Okay thanks
Scam too?

090 25 87 8 907

You can hide ur number, I don't care.

Have a nice Life!

Tell your papa to call you. Lazy youth! angry
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 11:40pm On Feb 06
Wotowotoman:

Tell your papa to call you. Lazy youth! angry
God bless you
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 12:05am On Feb 07
Matrix137:
God bless you

Guy, please try to get some good sleep tonight so that you go get energy to carry block tomorrow. Make sure you report to the nearest construction site first thing tomorrow morning! angry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 12:06am On Feb 07
Matrix137:
God bless you

You no get money to chop but you dey here since morning dey type on which data? I feel like slapping that your bald head I swear! angry
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Mikespecialone(m): 1:59am On Feb 07
Firstly who called you
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by boldx(m): 4:23am On Feb 07
Hand them over to another pastor. You are at a crossroads.

You will lose your salvation if you follow your friends to go and HUSTLE the way you mean it. Is there no legit work you can do?
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by jmoore(m): 7:25am On Feb 07
Convert that church to poultry farm.

You can hold weekly church service at a member's house.

That you included an option of joining people with questionable income shows your faith is questionable.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 7:32am On Feb 07
boldx:
Hand them over to another pastor. You are at a crossroads.

You will lose your salvation if you follow your friends to go and HUSTLE the way you mean it. Is there no legit work you can do?
Thanks alot. I will never do that no matter what.Talking about legit work. I'm a graduate and studied Public administration. Served since 2017. Should i send my CV?
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 7:33am On Feb 07
jmoore:
Convert that church to poultry farm.

You can hold weekly church service at a member's house.

That you included an option of joining people with questionable income shows your faith is questionable.
Lol 😂😂

I didn't mention anything about a physical church if you read carefully. That's really not the bone of contention
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 7:33am On Feb 07
God bless us all
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Wotowotoman: 8:13am On Feb 07
Matrix137:
God bless us all

Guy, I hope say you don dey construction site by now. Hopeless lazy youth wey dey find who he go scam for Nairaland. Yamayama fall on your bald head there! angry
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by mbaise1000: 10:55pm On Feb 07
Matrix137:
Well, i will take it as part of the trials and temptation that God is allowing to help strengthen my faith.

I really appreciate you sir

Thanks for the soothing words

Remain ever blessed!
Amen!

God will have your back, he doesn't make mistakes
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 11:05pm On Feb 07
mbaise1000:

God will have your back, he doesn't make mistakes
Amen 🙏

1 Like

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Matrix137(m): 7:26am On Feb 08
Wotowotoman:

You no get money to chop but you dey here since morning dey type on which data? I feel like slapping that your bald head I swear! angry
Look, I initially didn't want to respond to you again but i changed my mind cos my silence may send a wrong impression to people who come across this my thread.

Truth be told, you must be a kid who is yet to understand life and probably still living with and fed by his parents.

Don't worry as you grow older, you will understand life better. Have a nice day!
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? by Hamachi(f): 8:13am On Feb 08
Matrix137:
Look, I initially didn't want to respond to you again but i changed my mind cos my silence may send a wrong impression to people who come across this my thread.

Truth be told, you must be a kid who is yet to understand life and probably still living with and fed by his parents.

Don't worry as you grow older, you will understand life better. Have a nice day!
Open your own church

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need Your Advise / Should This Be A Problem? (True story) / Used And Dumped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.