Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family (36881 Views)

Akpabio lamented Obi received more applause during Wigwe's funeral - Peterside / Tinubu Should Visit His Alma Mater Like Atiku — Aisha Yesufu / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by jojothaiv(m): 6:16am On Feb 07
900warriorz:
I knew they'd come for him wink I'm sure he knows too..

But las las,Naija military don cast
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by ObiaboAdoka(m): 6:19am On Feb 07
Okortor:
He guffed up big time... there are military rules and ways of engagement. You don't go to social media to lament ur ordeal while they are several channels to do that. As a lieutenant I'm in full support of his detention so to serve as a deterrent to other erring soldiers....... Clout or real, ,, punishment must be meted out!
If government review d salary of Nigerian Army as a result of dis detained soldier video dat went viral. Lieutenant Okortor, who will benefit most?

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by ObiPandora: 6:24am On Feb 07
Exactly he was unaware of the salary scale be he joined the army ba ?!

JayyXXX:
Not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu, but with news like this, you have to agree with him that this country is exactly the ZOO he described it to be.

Very Shameful.
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by JayyXXX(m): 6:35am On Feb 07
ivandrag0n:

Keep quiet and stop lying. You are not just a fan of Nnamdi Kanu but a full IPOB member.

Shame on you for denying your identity!

You're mistaking me for your father
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by WhereMyLoud: 6:48am On Feb 07
ImoleNaija:
Lobatan
have you being sleeping since 2017? Which kine old slang wey we done forget since you just type am ? Oga sleeping beauty
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Trustyourself: 7:14am On Feb 07
Okortor:
He guffed up big time... there are military rules and ways of engagement. You don't go to social media to lament ur ordeal while they are several channels to do that. As a lieutenant I'm in full support of his detention so to serve as a deterrent to other erring soldiers....... Clout or real, ,, punishment must be meted out!

Please can you highlight those other channels he ought to have used for us?
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Chicagograduate(m): 7:34am On Feb 07
Okortor:
Oppressor
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by ukandi1(m): 7:48am On Feb 07
matify83:
I knew it will come to to this.

The culture of enforced silence amidst suffering and maltreatment in our military is distasteful .

I cannot pity them for long. They are the ones used to kill innocent civilians who try to protests. Protest is a way of holding governments to do the right things.
These military guys are effectively utilized by politicians to quench every uprising by way of civilians protests which would have delivered the necessary change for everyone's favor, so let them enjoy the suppression

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Ade1177: 7:51am On Feb 07
OGHENAOGIE:
and anyone with such money no poor I wonder how pple talk japa like e de cheap

Most of them are clout chasers

Anyone relocating right now with this exchange rate

Is not doing it because of the money but either for security reasons
Majority borrow money sha
Then work like a slave in UK to pay back

Because having 15m naira in Nigeria no matter how bad the economy is

You're still a big Boy

Millions of people don't even have 1m or 500k

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by sweetkev(m): 8:10am On Feb 07
BBIA:

which barrack you dey? make I come help you service your woman. wife or girlfriend cool

after I go don chillax for Mammy market small with her, I go go pump her toto woto woto when you dey duty. cool
Sharp man, you really sabi wetin dey sup for barracks. Many soldiers wives are used to cure konji grin

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:33am On Feb 07
2023Blessed:
If he didn't speak up, how will the so-called activists know the problems bedeviling the army? What is the problem with you people?
the salaried paid to soldier's isn't secret so i don't understand why you pple are actin surprised like na one revelation... Posting that video was him chasing cloat.. a certain airline came up with something that discount air travel or Free for soldiers.. u think if pple don't know about this salary the airline will come up with such welfare package.. like I said he is a soldier not an activist or a politician.. so he should allow others fight the cause... I know some of u will choose not to understand but come here to curse and throw blanket blackmail... But na fact I talk.. there's a reason soldiers aren't allowed to support any Party or politician openly even in countries where they also vote... They won't even do him anything much he ll just be reprimanded and caution For future and to ensure others don't join in unnecessary cloat chasing

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by itsene: 8:48am On Feb 07
Stop recruiting the wrong people.
Not everyone can be a soldier, it's a different life.
Temporarily jobless youths are joining the armed forces. They will cause wahala later.
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Gentew(m): 8:57am On Feb 07
Ade1177:

Japa now needs min of 15million

Exactly, I have canada visa now but when I calculate how much will be needed to sustain myself for about 6months maximum before getting Lima job, I just dey weak!!!
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by 10mobile: 9:01am On Feb 07
kingar:
Everything is gradually falling in place, waiting for when the elastic limit is reached, then breaking point when Nigerians will rise and hunt the corrupt politicians and the military and police will in support join Nigerians to fix things. That time is near b4 then let’s all drink from the butter cup
Sorry to break your heart. Hungry Africans can't fight their oppressors. Instead, they'll get more enslaved just to have an opportunity to feed. Instead of of them to find their oppressors, they'd fight one another. The oppressors understand this very well which is why they keep impoverishing the population.
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by emapeteum(m): 9:06am On Feb 07
Okortor:
You are sick. Who told you he has not gone through such channels? You are privileged to be a commission officer
and it's normal thing among Nigerians to look the other way and to oppress people of lower status.
Is your salary 50K? Soldiers ought to be paid like civilian doctors: they put their lives online for the sake
of the state.

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by KingMack(m): 9:16am On Feb 07
Cmanforall:
Funny

Imagine how much you pay a man with gun, and family. What will his side hustle likely to be?
Some people can guess

Probably may be I'm wife dey sell erujeje ad agbo for area🥺🤔
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by akin101: 9:45am On Feb 07
Okortor:

and what exactly are the channels to do that.
do their demands/complaints get addressed.
abeg you no suppose get mouth for the matter.
50k per month for risking your life and you cant complain. you must be one of the problems befuddling this country
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Munashak: 9:58am On Feb 07
These things don't surprise me. More of wickedness than greed. If palliative can be left in ware houses to rotten during covid at a time when human existance is at stake then that should tell u there is no place on earth where people don't fear God like nigeria ah swear. Someone spent a year in the forest but his salary can not take him Home. What a country
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Lastmessenger2: 10:00am On Feb 07
Okortor:
just because you are earning well as lieutenant does not mean he should die in silence

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Lomprico2: 10:01am On Feb 07
Nigeria is not a place.
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by caye(m): 10:13am On Feb 07
muyico:
I knew it, this must happen
army problem must be within army, not exposing it to Oda Party

I hate to break it down for you...but your kind will be told to commit mass murder of women and children in a war, and you will do it without question, because army rule is , " obey the last order".
With ppl like you, who have little to no moral fibre in your soul, I weep for this nation.
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Chicagograduate(m): 10:16am On Feb 07
Okortor:
Na Una dey steal their allowance.

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by GbemiTrabaye01: 10:38am On Feb 07
Just imagine! His salary of 30days no reach $100
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Shikini: 10:52am On Feb 07
Can you imagine
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Blessedchummy88: 11:06am On Feb 07
This country nawa
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Totalrecovery: 11:09am On Feb 07
Okortor:
Well done, Mr lieutenant.
..It's your type that has kept this country in perpetual backwardness

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Totalrecovery: 11:10am On Feb 07
Chicagograduate:
Don't mind her abi na him
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by arantess: 11:10am On Feb 07
Arobaga:
You see why I said that day on that thread that I don’t pity for Nigeria Army

This guy did the entire force more good by coming out to cry to the public and people were agitating for force men salary increase

Now they don lock am up for a course that would have benefited the entire Force

Tomorrow this man will leave Army and enter robbery or kidnapping with his experience gathered
if we still enter street to protest for better salary, na him and his friends go still shoot unto "obey the last order"

e go reach all of them
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by arantess: 11:11am On Feb 07
Okortor:
okotor meowww

Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Totalrecovery: 11:14am On Feb 07
Chicagograduate:
Don't mind her
Re: Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family by Slurity(m): 12:02pm On Feb 07
The day i spotted that video i know the man will hear from Nigeria Army, that is great indiscipline you are displaying on social media, if the salary is too small for you, just resign and not embarrass the army. Police or other can do it and escape punishment but Army will not smile with that video,

Mbaka: Enugu Catholic Bishop, Calistus Onaga Responsible For My Disappearance / Assessing Buhari’s Economic Outcome Vs Obasanjo, Yaradua & Jonathan (Pix Video) / How APC Governor Insulted Oshiomhole Before Buhari - Vanguard Reveals