Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

'check' Light On My Dash Board - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 'check' Light On My Dash Board (1448 Views)

Auto Car Cooling Ac,keep Your Car Cool And Protect Your Expensive Dash Board / My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light / Engine Check Light In 98 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'check' Light On My Dash Board by mmb(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2007
on the dash board of my car, the 'check' light is always on.what does that mean? pls the gurus help!
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by mrtunde(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2007
mine too.
its a 1995 toyota camry LE
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by sultaan(m): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2007
If its a '96 and up model year car, you'll need a OBD II scan tool the codes will tell you what you have to fix(usually emission related) O2 sensor,EGR,MAP,IAC,TPS, Spark plugs. Your car is probably emitting more smoke, or you smell more gasoline from your exhaust(burn more fuel), or keeps reving up/down while idleing.

Pre '95 is either OBD I or a trip to your local toyota stealership.
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by mmb(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2007
hi, sultan my car is 1997 honda accord. do you know any good place in abuja where i can take the car, to fix the problem.thanks
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by ricki: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
you guys are bleeped grin
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by mmb(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ ricki, what do you mean?
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by sultaan(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2007
Your car is telling you there is a problem, but you don't know the car's tech.If you don't find out what is wrong, it may work below optimal level, or your engine/tramsmission gets fried.You can't know wat is wrong without getting the DTCs so you get a cheap scanner or find/google how to read codes without a scanner. Here is what DTCS are about

http://www.obd-codes.com/

The scanner I use is like this

Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by mmb(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2007
thanks a lot, sultan.pls do you know any place where i can get it and how much is it
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by sultaan(m): 5:55am On Sep 22, 2007
Have a friend buy it and send to you in naija.Someone I know just did that after paying big bucks for a mech to look at his new Corolla and person got N15k for small work.
Scanner is about $45 for cheap$90 for good ones
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by EKENEA(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2007
first, check your air inlet filter before any other thing because it might be very dirty.hence the check engine will come up, it has happened to me. Goodluck
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by sultaan(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2007
Usual suspects, dirty air filter,fuel filter, fuel injectors, sparkplugs, sensors good luck
Re: 'check' Light On My Dash Board by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2007
Check engine light are meant to dram ur attention to some faulty mechanism in ur car.More often than not ,it has to do with emmision.However in order`\to know exactly what it is,u have to employ the use of a scanner to read the code.Since most naija mechanics do not have this, u may want to(1) do a general servicing of ur car or (2) disconnect ur car battery and reconnect after say 5 min.This way the check light will go off for a while and may come back if u have still not fixed that problem.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Acura Mdx 2000-2002 / Where Can I Find The Engine Number In A Nissan Xterra 2005 Model. / 2009 Accord Ex Odometer 18k @ 3.7mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.