Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN (48318 Views)

7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami / NIN Status Checker: SIM To NIN Link Checker (New Method) / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Achoghim: 10:01pm On Feb 07
Nigeria is a country where nothing works as it ought to. What's the use of the fingerprints collected during NIN registration, if not for detecting and stopping identify theft like this?

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by dejolly(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07
Thanks for this information. I just checked and discovered that a particular number add been linked to my NIN immediately I called the call center but I was redirect to go to any of their office so that they can help me to remove the number. This information should be taken seriously
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by halibaba(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07
You will do SIM re-registeration

Tejumola856:
I collected the SIM card I’m currently using from a friend back in 2019, so I wasn’t the one that did the registration. Can I still link my NIN to it?
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:00pm On Feb 07
Now waoo, is this true i just check now and saw extra three number i didn't even know, sometimes this nairaland dey help shall

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Bimpe29: 11:06pm On Feb 07
This is a priceless thread. Noted for necessary action as I beseech God to bless and reward you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Jostoman: 11:44pm On Feb 07
MosakuAW:
At what benefit has NIN and BVN to ordinary citizens been?

The major reason for NIN is to culp terrorism and banditry and the the major reason for BVN is to stop corruption. NIN and BVN has done more harm than good. No bandit or corrupted politicians have been arrested and charge through the use of BVN or NIN. This is just waste of money, time and resources.

It's well Nigeria.
And they are still demanding 4 to 5k before they will do it for you. With a lot of stress o.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Jostoman: 11:45pm On Feb 07
NIN that the staff are demanding for money before they will do it for you. Infact with a lot of stress.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Ed12(m): 12:30am On Feb 08
You are still saying what you don't know,

Passport is never need to register a SIM card.

Even you fingerprint is not necessary.

All that is needed is your live image and NIN.

There is a way they will capture you for a SIM registration session and later tell you no network..that they will try again.

Many thing will have went on in your presence, they might have finished registering a SIM with your details and tell your the network is bad, then they will claim you should try the process again..

They will now sell that other first SIM to people who need aim card but doesn't have NIN or sell to those mostly fraudsters that purposely want to buy sim without linking Thier own NIN

Fulgur:

Oga, it doesn't cost much to be wise and smart in this age. Outside NIN there are other personal data one must provide for the registration of SIM card. For example, there's passport and fingerprint taken to register a SIM. If these do not much....it's clear it isn't you.

Linking NIN to a seem isn't enough. There are many personal info that makes up a complete data of an individual.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Ohuhunsulurep: 3:30am On Feb 08
Thanks so much dear, this is helpful.
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Konquest: 3:39am On Feb 08
DystopianMuse:
Security Information!

"Please use *996# to view numbers that may be linked to your NIN. Follow the prompt using option 4, & option 2 respectively. If you discover any number linked to your NIN that is not yours, de-link such number immediately or call your network provider and report. You may also check your NIN status using option 4, & option 1 respectively.

Unscrupulous NIN staff members are selling sim cards linked to people's NIN. Don't suffer for what you do not know.

I was at the MTN Maitama office yesterday and heard a lot of surprising information. I met a very top security personnel friend of mine who told me how innocent people are being roped in lately because these criminals linked those dubious sims to innocent people's NIN.

Please act fast and do the needful because ignorance is not an excuse under the law."

~ Concerned Citizens
Airlifted from Tosin Adeoti (FB)
- - -
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by drololaaof: 4:42am On Feb 08
MosakuAW:
At what benefit has NIN and BVN to ordinary citizens been?

The major reason for NIN is to culp terrorism and banditry and the the major reason for BVN is to stop corruption. NIN and BVN has done more harm than good. No bandit or corrupted politicians have been arrested and charge through the use of BVN or NIN. This is just waste of money, time and resources.

It's well Nigeria.
It is also waste of our precious time creating more hardship. Time wasted
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by blowjohn(m): 4:50am On Feb 08
Tejumola856:
I collected the SIM card I’m currently using from a friend back in 2019, so I wasn’t the one that did the registration. Can I still link my NIN to it?

Why u go collect sim frm another owner begin use? are u a kid? Or how does it sound to ur ears to u collected someone's sim to be using?

Never heard about such a thing

Go and buy a sim in ur name.

Which kind country person dey like this?

And u want to link the sim.

Na ur own
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Jack83: 5:00am On Feb 08
thesolutions:
You know this is not true. For you to link any sim to a NIN, the name on the registered sim must match with the name on NIN. Also, your face ID is also matched with that on your NIN. So for anyone to take possession of such sim that is pre registered such must successfully modify the name on the pre-registered sim.

The only way some one can have a sim registered to another person and linked to someone's NIN is if the real owner misplaced it and chose not to look for it, or gave it out or if the sim reg attendant did dual sim registration on your behalve without your consent and kept one for fraud.

This is why you need to go to MTN care to link your NIN for MTN users.

Anyways, it doesn't hurt to check the numbers linked to your NIN.
Stop misinforming people. I just found out a sim is linked to my nin with a different name on it
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by SuperOnyi: 6:05am On Feb 08
shocked

Thank you, I just did that. Let me share it to my people
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Chijohn42k(m): 6:19am On Feb 08
Jostoman:
NIN that the staff are demanding for money before they will do it for you. Infact with a lot of stress.
please, the enrollment for NiN is still going on just wanted to know. I am not in 9ja. I try to open the portal online not working.
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by pacespot(m): 6:41am On Feb 08
Quite useful 👍
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Onionstew: 6:51am On Feb 08
DystopianMuse:
Security Information!

"Please use *996# to view numbers that may be linked to your NIN. Follow the prompt using option 4, & option 2 respectively. If you discover any number linked to your NIN that is not yours, de-link such number immediately or call your network provider and report. You may also check your NIN status using option 4, & option 1 respectively.

Unscrupulous NIN staff members are selling sim cards linked to people's NIN. Don't suffer for what you do not know.

I was at the MTN Maitama office yesterday and heard a lot of surprising information. I met a very top security personnel friend of mine who told me how innocent people are being roped in lately because these criminals linked those dubious sims to innocent people's NIN.

Please act fast and do the needful because ignorance is not an excuse under the law."

~ Concerned Citizens
- - -

OP thank you so much for this information, following the direction you gave, i found 3 strange numbers linked to my NIN, please how fo i delink them by myself??
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by DystopianMuse(f): 7:15am On Feb 08
If there's no option to delink. You will have to visit network's office
Onionstew:

OP thank you so much for this information, following the direction you gave, i found 3 strange numbers linked to my NIN, please how fo i delink them by myself??
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by bewla(m): 8:01am On Feb 08
DystopianMuse:
Security Information!

~ Concerned Citizens
- - -
where is your options abi you mode code them ni
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Zenret84: 8:59am On Feb 08
Thanks alot for the info...
DystopianMuse:
Security Information!

~ Concerned Citizens
- - -

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Negroid001(m): 9:18am On Feb 08
Just did. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Jostoman: 11:08am On Feb 08
Chijohn42k:
please, the enrollment for NiN is still going on just wanted to know. I am not in 9ja. I try to open the portal online not working.
yes still on but those that are doing it have turn it to business.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Chijohn42k(m): 12:14pm On Feb 08
Jostoman:
yes still on but those that are doing it have turn it to business.

Thank you Very much

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Onionstew: 4:16am On Feb 09
DystopianMuse:
If there's no option to delink. You will have to visit network's office

Unfortunately I am not currently in the country. Thanks though.
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09
Good but nin is nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Has Launched Internet Plans For Android Users / Is Mark Zuckerberg Promoting Secret Affairs With This New Features On Whatsapp / Olla V9 Pro Unboxing & Review - N32,000 Budget Phone With A Punch-hole (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.