Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions (20294 Views)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? / Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Daniel058(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08
BucketMan:
You can try PayPal but I also would not recommend it. Those of us earning in foreign currency can attest to the unfair situation on all the international platforms unless you can somehow convince your company to send your remuneration via bitcoin.
stable coin like usdt is better

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Dave0116(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08
Next time use Grey, Cleva or geegpay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Sheuns(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08
stagger:
Open an account with Wise or Geegpay and say goodbye to these issues.

Wise is worse. They’ll block your account without giving reasons and your funds will never be recovered.

2 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Mavor: 4:53pm On Feb 08
As a remote worker, why use Western Union when you have better options like Grey or GeegPay to receive salary in FX from overseas.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by XPMExchange: 4:55pm On Feb 08
Its a very bad experience. Meanwhile, yu can accept payments using bitcoin, usdt, Giftcards or even e-walletes like Payoneer, Paypal and cashapp.

We have them all and you can also swap them for Naira and get paid instantly straight to your bank acount.

Check my signature to get started

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by alimiadedayo1: 4:58pm On Feb 08
olaric:
I am hearing this for the first time, and I have been receiving my payments through WU for some years now. Though I have used Moneygram in the past, their rates are good too.
brother are you a data analyst too
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 4:59pm On Feb 08
Goodnewsforlife:
don’t b stupid

This downer have anything to do with tinubu, once a transaction is deemed suspicious bank will hold the money till u are able to present enough evidence that the transaction is legit

I don’t blame u though, it’s obvious u are one of those low cadre boys that have never done huge sums before

Even if obi were to b president, bank will do same even if d president is trump or biden

E paid merchants, see one of them. Hope you buy bag of rice for #9000?

2 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by selartj: 5:00pm On Feb 08
Ok.

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Tjra: 5:01pm On Feb 08
Western Union still dey exist? You be old school oo
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Hespee93: 5:01pm On Feb 08
stagger:
Open an account with Wise or Geegpay and say goodbye to these issues.

Is GeeyPay service good?
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by tunde1200(m): 5:03pm On Feb 08
Western if bleeped they flagged me too one time like and I changed to Ria and very easy and no problem .

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by stagger: 5:04pm On Feb 08
Hespee93:

Is GeeyPay service good?
Been using them since.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:04pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

Has anyone had such terrible experience, how did you handle?
Using western union in 2024, you will have heart attack someday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Harmonize234: 5:04pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

Western Union and Moneygram usually flag accounts for unnecessary reasons.

For solution, we can receive your EUR payment and GBP payment in our account and credit your Naira account.
Our Rates:
1 EUR is #1500
1 GBP is #1770
Face to face deals are welcome
You can contact me

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 5:05pm On Feb 08
unclejb2:
When you have a global drug lord as president,

Global cheesy grin
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by DigitalJobs: 5:05pm On Feb 08
FOOTSOLDIER2:
FCT

The Tinubulation effect cheesy grin

Nigeria itself is a flagged country

How is this about Tinubu?

When will people like you Wise Up ?

Face And Tackle The Problem At Hand And Stop With Your Poverty Mindset of Tribalism.

Wise Up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Bassmetrics: 5:07pm On Feb 08
My experience is that as a data analyst and remote worker, my neighbors keep on suspecting me. LoL, this country sef.

To start as a beginner, send me a DM!

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Anashe: 5:09pm On Feb 08
They have a list of so called money laundering and internet fraud hotspots so they flag things that should not be flagged. It's profiling tbh. Don't use Transferwise (now Wise), they're worse. Don't visit any links or contacts that aren't directly Western Union so you don't get scammed. Call them directly or email. They might request proof of why you're getting these payments. Sorry about your experience and all the best.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by SisterAnn(f): 5:09pm On Feb 08
Goodnewsforlife:
don’t b stupid

This downer have anything to do with tinubu, once a transaction is deemed suspicious bank will hold the money till u are able to present enough evidence that the transaction is legit

I don’t blame u though, it’s obvious u are one of those low cadre boys that have never done huge sums before

Even if obi were to b president, bank will do same even if d president is trump or biden
Hian!! Wahallur!
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Sleekfingers: 5:11pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

2 years ago. A German friend sent €2000 four times to me. That's €8000. I collected the first one, tried to collect the second one. They flagged me. I had to call western union in Germany. They also called the sender, before I was unflagged.
Try and call western union.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Alexis11: 5:12pm On Feb 08
unclejb2:
When you have a global drug lord as president,

Try dey calm down, everything is not about Tinubu. The world care very little about your president.

WU has flagged me twice in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by obyno82: 5:13pm On Feb 08
SmartyPants:
Western Union is not it. There are better ways to get your money.

No it is due to transaction screening there are ways to remove the flag on your account. visit https://gcr.westernunion.com or call agent support to assist you on how to lift the restrictions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by obyno82: 5:15pm On Feb 08
Harmonize234:

Western Union and Moneygram usually flag accounts for unnecessary reasons.

For solution, we can receive your EUR payment and GBP payment in our account and credit your Naira account.
Our Rates:
1 EUR is #1500
1 GBP is #1770
Face to face deals are welcome
You can contact me on 08163836519

They do not flag for unnecessary reasons bro. It is part of transaction screening, and there are certain parameters based on the country risk profile, most times what you do is to call the agent support to lift the restrictions.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by obyno82: 5:18pm On Feb 08
tunde1200:
Western if bleeped they flagged me too one time like and I changed to Ria and very easy and no problem .

Western Union due to their Compliance regimes makes your transactions very secure. It is due to country risk profile and consumer behavior which at the time of the transaction deviated from the usual so the transaction was flagged. To resolve the issue, call the Western Union support and they will assist you in lifting the restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by gaby(m): 5:18pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:
I'm ?

Use the below app and you'll understand you've been getting ripped by WU all the while.

Check out Taptap Send: I use it to send money to Nigeria. Get it at https:///taptapapp.

Use code PETERSON274 and transfer over $1.00 - we'll both get a bonus to send!

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Anashe: 5:18pm On Feb 08
Sleekfingers:

2 years ago. A German friend sent €2000 four times to me. That's €8000. I collected the first one, tried to collect the second one. They flagged me. I had to call western union in Germany. They also called the sender, before I was unflagged.
Try and call western union.

Because they thought you were cashing out fraudulently. And it's a surprise to them that people can gift each other those kinds of money legitimately
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by AviatorMoney(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08
Yea , got such experience in 2022.
Nigerian banks are such a cowards...once u get regular pay from UK. U are profiled for fraud because u didn't go to them and inform them u would start receiving foreign pay. Exactly wat d bank manager told me then,wen i contacted him.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by obyno82: 5:24pm On Feb 08
Tjra:
Western Union still dey exist? You be old school oo

The company still exist and is the most profitable IMTO. The flagging of transaction is perfectly normal and it is meant to secure your transactions from fraud and other issues. this is due to country risk profile and when there is a deviation from the particular consumer behavior.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by toujurs: 5:24pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

There are alot of internet fraudsters in Nigeria.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by obyno82: 5:26pm On Feb 08
Anashe:

Because they thought you were cashing out fraudulently. And it's a surprise to them that people can gift each other those kinds of money legitimately
No not really it is just a case of a sudden deviation from the usual consumer behavior and they would flag the transaction for security purposes and then when you contact the customer support they will remove the restriction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers N1bn From Ponzi Scheme Suspects In Rivers / How to Start Mobile Data Reselling Business in Nigeria 2021 With Little Capital / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.