Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC (17070 Views)

UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment / FG Begs Doctors, Nurses To Remain In Nigeria / Six Nigerian Nurses Arrive At UK Hospital (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:24pm On Feb 08
Lifebender:

Thanks chief.
Been trying to create a similar thread.

However,we say NO to this horrendous reform.It is tantamount to modern day slavery.
After spending 4-7 years with rigorous practice,without breaks during semesters in Nigeria,plus the exorbitant fees we had to pay during our training.We deserve better.
Do you know some nurses are offered 30k monthly salary? after spending millions in schools and for professional exams.

We need your voice and support.
I no be nurse, I like una profession! If E sure for una and una dey ready to protest, I go follow una but if una chickens out una don fall my hands.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by obyikye(f): 9:28pm On Feb 08
Unto which level? Na you pay their school fees Hmmmm, this is very pitible and unacceptable!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Eunoiaa(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08
Nairaland own must sha be different.

It must sha be different! Ahan.

This place is truly a reflection of the base amongst us.

Something everybody is condemning and speaking up on, e reach here some mumu boys are saying these even make it ten years and that it's a good thing. One is even talking about oath.

Dem swear for una? You will always find people defending nonsense policies here. It's like an harvest of st***dity. Just open mouth waaa and saying anything that filters out of your heads.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by chieni(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08
happney65:

I am not bitter but telling you that which is the truth.

We are having a massive wave of health care personal who attended almost free tuition education leaving almost immediately. Yet if the government decides to remove subsidy on education it is you people that will cry the most

A whole lot of Nigerians won't be able to afford tertiary education if the subsidy on education is removed. A whole lot.

Now they give you subsidy on education and immediately you're done you claim Nigeria is this and that

P.S. I mentioned government inadequacies too and said they should increase payment and emuloments for health workers,recruit more and fix the sector

But you claiming because health workers are paid so and so in Europe and America is why you are leaving almost the same. Did the health workers in Europe and America pay the same as you paid in Nigeria for Education?

Capital NO.

Most of them even took student loans that the pay for years.

The government is even magnanimous for making it 2 years. I would have made it 10
I just hope you are not like our politicians who say A and do the opposite. Hope you wish same for your ward who is in the nursing or medical profession. That they also stay 10 years in a country where the Government doesn't even care about its citizens.

It's a choice. There are people willing to stay back in Nigeria regardless of the situation and there are also some who crave for a better life because they have dependents looking up to them. You don't just sit down and make decisions on behalf of others. I hope you are also based in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by chieni(f): 9:36pm On Feb 08
happney65:

I am not bitter but telling you that which is the truth.

We are having a massive wave of health care personal who attended almost free tuition education leaving almost immediately. Yet if the government decides to remove subsidy on education it is you people that will cry the most

A whole lot of Nigerians won't be able to afford tertiary education if the subsidy on education is removed. A whole lot.

Now they give you subsidy on education and immediately you're done you claim Nigeria is this and that

P.S. I mentioned government inadequacies too and said they should increase payment and emuloments for health workers,recruit more and fix the sector

But you claiming because health workers are paid so and so in Europe and America is why you are leaving almost the same. Did the health workers in Europe and America pay the same as you paid in Nigeria for Education?

Capital NO.

Most of them even took student loans that the pay for years.

The government is even magnanimous for making it 2 years. I would have made it 10

Really cheap education? The fact it is cheap for you doesn't mean it was smooth for other people. There are people who had to struggle to pay this cheap education you are referring to. You also can't compare the system here to the USA. Nigerians are not running away from paying tax. The question is will the money be put into making the country a better place for citizens to stay and not Japa?
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Enemyofpeace: 9:37pm On Feb 08
Bad belle
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Soknown: 9:42pm On Feb 08
ogbonti:

Many are japaing because they want to be called foreign based because they are feeling inferior to those who left—- so it is a welcome development by the government- even 2 years too small if na me dey make that decision - na 5 years before they can practice abroad- at least gain experience and give back to Nigeria that provided you cheap education

To qualify as a Nurse in the USA the debt you will rack up is up to $50,000 student loans but in Nigeria you owe nothing- yet u cant give anything back ? thats very selfish

Na because them no dey pay tax for Nigeria na him make body dey catch them- In some countries IF you live abroad and you want to buy properties you pay extra taxes

Even as an American citizen wether naturalized or born in the USA if you make up to $100,000 a year in any country you live in, you must pay taxes to the American government or the IRS will come after you for tax evasion. Its the duty of every citizen wherever you are to pay taxes to the government not just to go online and start bashing Nigeria 🇳🇬

Nigeria need to tax those overseas even if na 1% of our earnings - yes make us pay taxes - let us vote too and make us able to run for office too easily

thats how we can build our revenue base and develop Nigeria - imagine how much taxes diasporans will remit to Nigeria in a year - even if it is 1% tax of our annual earnings
Hello Friend, can you clarify your position because you seem to be mixing things up.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On Feb 08
Acidosis:

abi na 🤣🤣
don’t mind them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by scally11: 11:56pm On Feb 08
post=128355332:

This is nothing but the right thing to do.

But for the illiterate children of frustrations, hate and sadness,
Any news about taking Nigeria forward is pains to them.
They always fu
Ind fault in every good government decision.
All they want is chaos, deaths, kidnappings etc.
Sore losers and swines in life.
All the bad things you wish for out darling nation will never leave your household as long as God lives.
Since I know u, u have never ceased to support evil. U are evil in human form. U always support evil and wicked people.why are people abroad not running away from their country. Its because the government makes the economy and lives better. Imagine the evil policy of holding nursing graduate who wants to prospect for better life instead of improving their working condition, but u no dey surprise me again. From ur wicked darling daddy to this present apc administration. Tueh to u. Smh
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by ogbonti: 12:12am On Feb 09
Soknown:

Hello Friend, can you clarify your position because you seem to be mixing things up.

what part of my response do you not understand ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Litmus: 4:05am On Feb 09
Raphael81:
Our healthcare is in shambles and has gone into coma, this is a ploy to stop nurses from seeking Greener pastures, why won't our healthcare practitioners run away when nothing is working in this country? They should also enact laws prohibiting political office holders from going abroad for medical reasons. We are not a serious country as our laws are made to suffocate the poor and the elites feed fat at the expense of the poor.

Nurses and doctors are meant to be precisely where things are not working. Where things are not working, you'll find the most needy, including medically needy.

Doctors and Nurses running away to organised Nations is a little like Soldiers shouting "war has stated, it's time to run away".

If Doctors and Nurses want to go abroad to take advantage of better pay for themselves and thire families, fine. Go. Go quietly. Just don't swager about it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by dapotemi: 5:20am On Feb 09
happney65:
Just like what I wrote on Instagram a while ago

I support this 100 percent. Infact they should make it ten years sef . The same with Doctors and Dentists. This should however be mostly applicable to graduates of government tertiary institutions funded through subsided education

However the government should also do better for medical personnel in Nigeria. Increase their pay and employ more hands not this nonesense government does every now and then

I was happy when I saw it, it's long overdue...Like you said, for those who went to tertiary institution ONLY!!!You cannot go Tru a subsidize rate and yet govt won't get to enjoy your service..and I agree that govt should pay them more, atleast!!!But tell me any professional that is getting good salary except for politician..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by seunayantokun(m): 6:04am On Feb 09
Operation Tie Them Down. What can be more anti-human-rights than that? They did it to doctors, it didn't work. Will this also work? This is like pushing them to seek qualification outside Nigeria once they have their degree or diploma. And with that, they will never need the country's nursing council again. And the situation becomes worse.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by kumbhuru: 9:53am On Feb 09
Backlinker01:
It is more like the country keeps training nurses at cheaper costs only for our nurses to be used for another country while our health system is left comatose.
250k per year is cheap?
For private universities, it's 1million per year. You must be sick
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by kumbhuru: 9:54am On Feb 09
ogbonti:

Many are japaing because they want to be called foreign based because they are feeling inferior to those who left—- so it is a welcome development by the government- even 2 years too small if na me dey make that decision - na 5 years before they can practice abroad- at least gain experience and give back to Nigeria that provided you cheap education

To qualify as a Nurse in the USA the debt you will rack up is up to $50,000 student loans but in Nigeria you owe nothing- yet u cant give anything back ? thats very selfish

Na because them no dey pay tax for Nigeria na him make body dey catch them- In some countries IF you live abroad and you want to buy properties you pay extra taxes

Even as an American citizen wether naturalized or born in the USA if you make up to $100,000 a year in any country you live in, you must pay taxes to the American government or the IRS will come after you for tax evasion. Its the duty of every citizen wherever you are to pay taxes to the government not just to go online and start bashing Nigeria 🇳🇬

Nigeria need to tax those overseas even if na 1% of our earnings - yes make us pay taxes - let us vote too and make us able to run for office too easily

thats how we can build our revenue base and develop Nigeria - imagine how much taxes diasporans will remit to Nigeria in a year - even if it is 1% tax of our annual earnings
Keep crying, your tears are sweet
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by kumbhuru: 9:56am On Feb 09
wethebest:
The day u chose to be a nurse or doctor, u took the same oath security personnels took to save lives in sweet and worse condition. No leave, no transfer. If to work as doctor and nurse abroad dey hungry u, Go sch dere and remain dere. U can't b getting cheap medical certification frm a country u re not willing to serve. They should make it 10 years sef.
Keep crying out of jealousy.
Because we went to school for free? Or we buy things in market for free?
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by ogbonti: 10:00am On Feb 09
kumbhuru:

Keep crying, your tears are sweet

bro dont take it personal - i am here for fun 🤩
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Thastie(f): 10:36am On Feb 09
happney65:
Just like what I wrote on Instagram a while ago

I support this 100 percent. Infact they should make it ten years sef . The same with Doctors and Dentists. This should however be mostly applicable to graduates of government tertiary institutions funded through subsided education

However the government should also do better for medical personnel in Nigeria. Increase their pay and employ more hands not this nonesense government does every now and then

You sound like a crab in the bucket.
Nursing education in the government schools was the most expensive. When I studied nursing, it could conveniently train ten doctors through UI that year.
Have you ever paid 698k for a post basic course minus the exam fees and every other thing?
No one acquired nursing education cheap in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by wethebest(m): 11:34am On Feb 09
kumbhuru:

Keep crying out of jealousy.
Because we went to school for free? Or we buy things in market for free?

If to work for abroad dey hungry u, go and sch dere. Leave Nigeria and her school alone.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:23pm On Feb 09
Hahahaha! The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria has joined the kidnapping business, kidnapping Nurses ambitions. They have seen how lucrative it is.

If we have courts in Nigeria, this useless edict would have been thrown out for infringing on the fundamental human rights of Nurses. The key option now is for the EU and USA to identify the fools and nincompoops who made this edict and bar them from traveling abroad. Let them go to Ghana and Gabon and spend our stolen wealth.

nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/08/nigerian-nurses-must-work-for-2-years-post-qualification-before-they-can-practice-abroad-nmc/
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Soknown: 4:13pm On Feb 09
ogbonti:

what part of my response do you not understand ?
You were talking about taxation which has no relevance to the nursing verification issue being discussed.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by ogbonti: 6:51pm On Feb 09
Soknown:

You were talking about taxation which has no relevance to the nursing verification issue being discussed.

ok i wanted to say the nurses who leave Nigeria controbute nothing to the development of Nigeria 🇳🇬 and that they should be taxed because Americans who make ip to $100,000 a year while living outside America are subject to taxes - (some Nigerian nurses living in America make $100k a year so how much do they pay in taxes to Nigeria 🇳🇬? zero zilch nada) Am just saying Nigeria has been fair to them - they are the ones unfair to Nigeria

I am not removing myself from the mix - i make more than $100k a year and please Nigeria should tax us - as long as what is realized is put to good use - there must be a website where we can track every dispora tax collexted snd what it was used for - IF they do that - I am willing to pay even $5,000 as Nigeria taxes to help develop Nigeria in each year

Just imagine If we raise $5 Billion from diaspora taxes a year - and use it just develop just 3 areas of Nigeria

$1.4Billion to build and equip 6 wold class hospitals in the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria at the cost of $233 million per one… This on tirn will ensure when disapora Nigerians visit home there is good health care for us—- following this. plan In 6 short years each state of Nigeria will have at least 1 world class hospital built with $233 million

$1.8 Billion to Fund State Police in all 36
States of the Federarion + FCT = $48.6 million a year per states - this will provide jobs for the youths as they hundreds of them will be recruited per state + fct and well payed with state of the art equipmemts to do their job - so when we visit home we are safe too from criminality

$1.8 Billion shared at $48.6 Million per state snd FCT to create skills aquisition centers across the country where handwork like plumbing, hair dressing, barbing, welding, auto mechanics, electrical wiring and works, carpentry, tailoring, shoe making, etc can be taught so those we left at home are not idle but learning life skills to become usefull to themselves - and they wont be bothering us to send money every now and them -//// and even if they decide to japa in the future, they wont become liabilities to themselves when they get overseas

In California where I reside most Latinos who emigrate to the USA are already skilled on some form of handwork so when they arrive America they do not look for a job with white people applying for jobs - they do not even have the documents to apply for jobs so they connect with their countrymen who own shops and start working the very next day making money amd sending home

If it is only this 3 areas alone diaspora taxes focus on we would have done our bit towards securing Nigeria’s greatness and the expenses can be tracked perfectly
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by kumbhuru: 1:35pm On Feb 10
wethebest:

If to work for abroad dey hungry u, go and sch dere. Leave Nigeria and her school alone.
You can only cry, your tears are delicious. Ekwensu
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Backlinker01: 5:36pm On Feb 10
kumbhuru:

250k per year is cheap?
For private universities, it's 1million per year. You must be sick

Nursing in the UK is 20,000 pounds per programme. Convert it to Naira.
Also insults don't win arguments or make your voice louder.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Backlinker01: 5:37pm On Feb 10
lordprogress:

This is my problem with people like you, if they stay will your government give them job, you keep crying that the health workers are leaving the country for greener pastures but you keep saying the health system is in comatose when it's your government fault.
In 1 of the FMC where I am serving, I heard you need to bring 1.5m to get employment there, just imagine the country you are talking about.

You shouldn't have a problem with me.
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Ssathugit: 2:12am On Feb 17
Hi. Looking for a company that provides quality home health care services. Who has come across such services? Please suggest reliable companies with experienced professionals for home medical care
Re: Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC by Heyllle(m): 11:53pm On Feb 17
Good afternoon. I have personally had an experience with Lincare. Their customer service https://lincare.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html deserves a special mention. Contacting the phone number listed on their website went smoothly and the representative quickly resolved my issues. The experience with Lincare's experienced professionals was also a positive one. The medical staff was professional and attentive to the patient's needs. Based on the above, I recommend looking into Lincare. Their professionalism and customer care make them a trusted partner for home health care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons To Wash Your Hand Before Eating / ✅✅Original Samsu Oil (Fastest cure for premature ejaculation)✅✅ / 'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.