Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Did Jesus use Cannabis? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus use Cannabis? (4768 Views)

Would Jesus Use Private Jet If He Was Around Today? / What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? / Why Did Jesus Use Unleavened Bread As A Symbol Of His Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Reverend(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2007
Talk about ass licker shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pataki, you will take the Oscar for the best ass licker on Nairaland tongue tongue tongue tongue

Trini_Girl

No ice in my Tabasco please grin grin grin grin Maybe a little umbrella and a twizzel stick wink wink wink
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by mrpataki(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ Rev,
I guess you get a double award here Rev,

Nairalands Jester of the Year, and. . . . . . tongue tongue tongue

Nairalands idiotic person of the Year. . . . . . kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Reverend(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2007
And a slice of celery of course grin grin grin
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2007
smiley
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Thor(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2007
Jesus 'healed using cannabis'

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
Monday January 6, 2003
The Guardian

Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times, entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

"There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion," Carl Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University said.

Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: "Obviously the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism _ would inevitably have included it in the [Christian] mixtures."

Mr Bennett suggests those anointed with the oils used by Jesus were "literally drenched in this potent mixture _ Although most modern people choose to smoke or eat pot, when its active ingredients are transferred into an oil-based carrier, it can also be absorbed through the skin".

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by islampride(m): 10:48am On Jan 17, 2007
jesu couldnt have used cannabis, he was holy and pure,just like other prophets but his lying so called followers do more than use cannabis, they even do homosexual stuffs and rituals. nigeria is a typical example of ritualistic churches and homo thiong in usa and europe.
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by islampride(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2007
reverend, why u say ass licker, oh u mean the priests and nuns?
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Thor(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2007
I think he mean Mr. Pataki grin grin
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by venusmaze: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2007
islampride:

jesu couldnt have used cannabis, he was holy and pure,just like other prophets but his lying so called followers do more than use cannabis, they even do homosexual stuffs and rituals. nigeria is a typical example of ritualistic churches and homo thiong in usa and europe.

be very ashamed of this comments. NO right minded Moslem or a faithful follower of Islam would talk like you just did.
I am ashamed for you. learn to respect yourself and your religion, your prophet says that much embarassed**shakes head**
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by mrpataki(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2007
@ Thor,
I have a response for your kind of attention seekers. cheesy
Since you have got a brain for interpretation of language and statements made by other nicompoons of your species, you will actually do better to go get a definition/interpretation for your life.
Henceforth, this is what you get from me "mr 26 post": -
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by gbadex1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2007
@ mrpataki:

ROFLMAO at that mofo Reverend. dude is seriously delusional. Probably an acute case of diaorrhea of the mouth, because Rev has been talking sh*t for too long.

Obviously, selling puff-puff and akara in the UK is not paying off. At least, you're not doing Kinky.
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by mrpataki(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2007
@ gbade,
LMAO!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

May you not be the cause of my supposed madness most times I am on the internet. Peeps around think I don kolo, with the way I just dey laugh infront of the screen!

Poff poff and akara in the UK ke grin grin grin grin grin
No wonder that disciple of his could afford to interprete the language of the Revving Rev. Kinky cult has gone on another level of having to acquire an interpreter for the deluded Reverend.
Re: Did Jesus use Cannabis? by Nmeri17: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
Complete garbage. I hate reading suchs :|

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Influential Man Ever On Earth / Seed Of Destiny Daily Devotional / What Does It Mean To “be Born Of Water And Of The Spirit?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.