Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON (21372 Views)

Ivory Coast Goalkeeper 'Wore Charm' During AFCON: Shehu Sani Calls For Probe / Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Poland Vs Nigeria Friendly Match, Super Eagles Observe Final Training Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by officialwdhtv: 4:42am On Feb 09
Moment a minute of silence was observed by the Super Eagles team in honour of the lives lost in the course of the semi final match against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa.

May Their Souls Rest In Peace Amen.

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWZorkUKj4

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by God1000(m): 4:45am On Feb 09
This is very necessary, the best way to honor their memories is to win sunday's match.

They must defeat ivory coast

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by naptu2: 5:53am On Feb 09
Super Eagles @NGSuperEagles

During the course of our semi-final match, we tragically lost few supporters. In a cruel twist of fate, their fervent passion for the beautiful game unwittingly led them to their final moments

As the Nigeria vs South Africa match unfolded, they were lost in the thrill of the game, unaware of the looming danger. May their souls find eternal peace, forever remembered for their love of football and the togetherness it brings. Rest in peace.

https://twitter.com/NGSuperEagles/status/1755724560186351905?t=-r1uT4UUhaHWNugI1neTNg&s=19

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by money121(m): 6:16am On Feb 09
Ok
Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by officialwdhtv: 8:35am On Feb 09
God1000:
This is very necessary, the best way to honor their memories is to win sunday's match.

Yes very necessary

Pls SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel after watching guys...Thanks

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by ProudNigerian01: 9:00am On Feb 09
They died supporting their Nation irrespective of all the ills in this country.
May their souls rest in peace.

The truth is death is a sure end for all of us and it can come at any time whether we are in the best frame of health or not and after that death comes judgement.

The fact that you are afraid of dying is not what will keep it away from you. The attempt to avoid anything that can bring death won't do you much good either.

Make your way pure with God, tomorrow, nay, the next minute may be too late.

Repent, forsake your sinful ways and rededicate yourself to God.
No matter your sin, God will forgive you

1Thess.5.9 - For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Prayer: Father please forgive me my sins and keep me faithful to you until death in Jesus name. Amen.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by ArmaniUhuru: 9:00am On Feb 09
A very nice thing to do! But it will be more honourable to win the cup both for we that are still breathing and for the faithful departed.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Forest122: 9:01am On Feb 09
Good one

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by MzansiCoolio: 9:02am On Feb 09
South Africa I hail thee🏆, you really put on the heat 🇿🇦🔥🔥🔥. This was indeed the real final of Afcon2024 for Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by atiku4President(m): 9:02am On Feb 09
Reading about even more death. If the coach didn't make the wrong substitution that brought in Yusuf, we wouldn't be talking about all the deaths. Within few minutes of play after his introduction, Yusuf got us a dangerous free kick and carelessness tackled that resulted in the penalty. That's football for you. It was the coach that made our players to suffer and many Nigerians to experience heart attacks.

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Maxtipulation(m): 9:02am On Feb 09
Goooooood
Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by gentleg87(m): 9:03am On Feb 09
Am still wandering!

How the match killed them sha….

Nah today person Dey die 🤔

Even person wey die for sleep that Wednesday will be attributed to the match, that the excitement killed him while sleeping or so…

If before the the match; the report will be like the tension before the match raised his/her BP..

Good night to the lost souls!!!

And don’t forget that we all have our bus stops tooo

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Feb 09
Regular health checks, is very important........ Your health status, should be top on your priority list .......

Nah body wey work the money, suppose chop the money ........🤣😜

15 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Maj196(m): 9:03am On Feb 09
Here goes nothing...
Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Queengee: 9:04am On Feb 09
there's generally high hypertension problems in Nigeria populous. maybe it's because of the type of food we eat I don't know

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by oilyngbati(m): 9:04am On Feb 09
God rest the dead, but please dear super eagles, make sure you win the nation’s cup to put ipob/obidients to shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Cotonou12: 9:04am On Feb 09
Na em be say una suppose hail us wen be Barca fans . Xavi don show us shege banza

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Sctests: 9:04am On Feb 09
How come no deaths of cardiac arrests was reported in South Africa during the match?/

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by kasim155: 9:05am On Feb 09
Nice one from the Super Eagle

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by OneCandleAway(f): 9:05am On Feb 09
Blood sacrifice.

Only God knows how may people will die for Sunday's final

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Rebuker(m): 9:05am On Feb 09
Sctests:
How come no deaths of cardiac arrests was reported in South Africa during the match.

Hmmm. I am guessing the death is as a result of accumulated health and psychological issue, which may not be far from the present "hot" economy.....

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by sukkot: 9:05am On Feb 09
Lol
Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Reelmii: 9:05am On Feb 09
Mennnm cry..

Expectations were very high...that was why i didn't even watch the game...just viewing people's status....

I guess the tension of the game triggered their BP.....

Person wey get BP issues should not watch or involve themselves in activities that requires too much emotions....and football is an emotional game...

I pray that their soul rest in peace....

Through out the game i was just watching rukkyfunny comedy....i no want anything wey go make my heart dey beat fast abeg...i have a family to take care off cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Cotonou12: 9:05am On Feb 09
Nnaeh . When una go get sense??
oilyngbati:
God rest the dead, but please dear super eagles, make sure you win the nation’s cup to put ipob/obidients to shame!

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Oboto700(m): 9:06am On Feb 09
All these nairaland mods would just be waiting for x to bring a news then copy and paste.. well,, you guys are making your cash though but your news aren't current

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by inoki247: 9:06am On Feb 09
Hmmm.

RIP...

That match na Terrorist act in disguise the tension is jus too much I'm sure some people are still in hospital bkuz of the match while some still dey recover...

I saw some hospital showing the match on dere TV to patient is dangerous they should know better unless they want to kill dere patients on purpose....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by ogbonti: 9:06am On Feb 09
I wish those in leadership in Nigeria can be 1/100th as patriotic as the average Nigerian on the streets, Nigeria will be paradise on earth

Nigerians love their country and just want the country to work for all to exist and co-exist… BUT there are a race of devils called politicians and political office holders who are not more than 20,000 people nationwide (An average of 540 per 36 states including the FCT) who are bent on holding down the destiny of 200 million + citizens….

BUT loving your country with AFCON is not enough - You must Fight for what you love… It is appaling that our citizens are quiet, stupefied by collective grief, ignorance and nauseating cowardice- that they will rather run away (japa) to a future of uncertainty and humiliation overseas than to fight and reclaim their land, their pride and heritage - Giant of Africa my foot…. 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

IF THIS IS COWARDICE- I wonder what is angry

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by AbdulQ44(m): 9:07am On Feb 09
Eagles on top

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by BewareOf419: 9:07am On Feb 09
Bafana Banana of SA, we see your hand

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by geoworldedu: 9:07am On Feb 09
Cotonou12:
Na em be say una suppose hail us wen be Barca fans . Xavi don show us shege banza
What has Xavi done bad? He is still in the UCL race? He just won super cup and la liga last season. Can't you people be patient a little more?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON by Olorilolo(f): 9:07am On Feb 09
oilyngbati:
Wetin you dey smoke no good Bros.
Drop it make you no enter Aro.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Ballon D ‘or: Chukwuze Nominated For Best U-21 Player Award / Ahmed Musa Arrives Super Eagles Camp, Suspends Honeymoon / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.