Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira (40368 Views)

CBN Directs Banks To Pay Customers With ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, ₦5 Over-The-Counter / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Kaido: 8:21am On Feb 09
Fibonacci88:

Yeso but it comes with it's own risk. U don't want ur acc frozen one day that u received fraudulent inflow. My guy spent more than 2 weeks in police custody cos the money he exchanged on binance the sender acc was flagged to have been used as a conduit for money laundry.
Damn! shocked
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by ejieddy: 8:21am On Feb 09
So what were they doing before? This country is not serious o. Will America allow another currency into their system or they'll give you the dollar equivalent? How do we allow nonsense and start complaining? What do you want to do with dollars in Naija when we spend Naira? Good move. Now implementation matters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:22am On Feb 09
Babathanks:

You’re lying. I have domiciliary account with access bank. There was a day I wanted to convert an $100 there to naira because I needed money in my naira account. There rate is so ehn. Is not even up to 75k ooo. Something wey aboki will do for me 110k ooo
This is why no one a road. Ought this idea of dollar account in a Nigeria bank in the 1st place.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by AntiChristian: 8:23am On Feb 09
nairalanda1:

Well, people are angry because dollar remittances are often times the only way some people can earn extra money and survive, and even grow their earnings. Denying them the right to earn in dollars (while the elite continue to do so with impunity) is enough to annoy a lot of people

Plus what government is doing does not fix the problem of Nigeria not earning enough, which is the real koko.

How will this not affect the Elite?

And what do you suggest they do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by JuanDeDios: 8:23am On Feb 09
femicyrus:

Say it in plain terms
"Economic pressure" is BDC profit making mechanism not mind the resultant consequences on the naira and the Nigerian economy
Wrong. You're blaming rashes while ignoring the Aids that is in the blood. BDCs have no "mechanism" for rates. Naira rates are determined by market forces.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Nigeriakan: 8:25am On Feb 09
jmoore:
Can't the government be sued for this?
Person send dollar, you are forcefully converting it to naira at your own rate, not the rate of the receiver.

Legal robbery!

The clueless people that brought this idea will end up pushing many people to other platforms that can't be captured officially.

But you won't have no government to blame when the unofficial platforms cart away your dollars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Sleekfingers: 8:25am On Feb 09
jmoore:
Can't the government be sued for this?
Person send dollar, you are forcefully converting it to naira at your own rate, not the rate of the receiver.

Legal robbery!

The clueless people that brought this idea will end up pushing many people to other platforms that can't be captured officially.

The receiver money will be converted to the current Official rate.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Feb 09
todugo:

Do you know that ministers, senators governor's and even the president and his vice are paid in dollars and not naira. They should stop recieving their allowance/ salaries in dollars and use the foreign currency we gain from foreign exchange to diversify our economy and boost local production.
The government officials are the ones hoarding this money and the ordinary citizens will be the ones to suffer.😡

They are paid in Naira. Bring the evidence that they are paid in dollars!
All these laws will affect us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by OlujobaSamuel: 8:25am On Feb 09
Favourchris:

Most of una lack brain... And u think with this policy, people will send their Forex here... Forex we don't even have and badly need.

No worry, e go clear for una eye, dollar go jump enter 5k
Tell your elders at home that they lack brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by CyberWolf: 8:27am On Feb 09
Nonsense CBN. You receive fx and they force you to accept CBN fx rate but at the same time, they are using black market rate for clearing of imported goods Is that not chronic wickedness … anyway who uses Nigerian banks to receive fx again? They are not ready yet.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by AntiChristian: 8:27am On Feb 09
NzogbuNzogbu:
tinubu is supposed to be the first class master strategist here, why is he now confused

People would rather be using btc and getting it at #1500 than sending to worthless banks that would be giving you 1000

Another home goal for tinubu

Continue your BTC!
You can teach Obi what BTC is so that he won't fumble when asked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by warrenweste(m): 8:28am On Feb 09
Hopium:

Lol. Most of them know nothing. Lmaoo

It's a wonderful move. They are creating demand for the naira.

Pls What's the current bank rate?
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Babathanks(m): 8:29am On Feb 09
OmoOshodi:
The government should grab the bull by the horns and declare the black market illegal and put jail term penalty there...both seller and buyer....shikena
Do you know that if you want to go to abroad or if you want to do anything in embassy you would need dollar and it is only aboki that can provide you. The bank would never give you. This inhuman policy is just meant for the poor and masses

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Julius1995(m): 8:29am On Feb 09
You these things, Tinubu supporters, are very disrespect, badly trained and badly behaved. I have not met just a single one of you that is not.
OlujobaSamuel:

You are referring to those older than me in your household
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Zeebuy: 8:29am On Feb 09
Babathanks:

You’re lying. I have domiciliary account with access bank. There was a day I wanted to convert an $100 there to naira because I needed money in my naira account. There rate is so ehn. Is not even up to 75k ooo. Something wey aboki will do for me 110k ooo

The person you quoted knows he's lying but they'll always spew bullshit to cover the flaws of their trial and error government
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by OlujobaSamuel: 8:30am On Feb 09
004gist:

The same politicians will go to the banks and buy the dollars.

How many Nigerians can get access to dollar from the bank. They will frustrate the person with only option to aboki.
If the government can service everyone that comes to the bank then no need to buy from aboki
I think that's the major fear, but I believe with this, CBN won't give banks fiat FX note again, meaning they won't even have the cash to give the politicians or big men
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by femicyrus(m): 8:30am On Feb 09
JuanDeDios:

Wrong. You're blaming rashes while ignoring the Aids that is in the blood. BDCs have no "mechanism" for rates. Naira rates are determined by market forces.
What is market forces?
Hoarding and reselling at higher rates?
Or you are paying school fee in Chicago from Nigeria and you are denied payment at the bank?
Or you want to import legit and the banks turn you back to BDC.
What is forcing you to get dollars?
Tell us if not for profit by hoarding and reselling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Kukutenla: 8:31am On Feb 09
Paraman:
I don't hoard dollars but I do get dollars from close family members abroad. If the gap between the black market and official rate keeps on expanding, why will one want to exchange at bank rates?
You're not supposed to be getting hard currency in Nigeria. You're supposed to get the naira equivalent. That's how it's done so over the world.
So much for defending govt yet you're part of those benefitting from the rot.
I make a lot of dollar payments from Nigeria and I know for a fact that when our exchange rates a stable, I used to make payments using naira equivalents.
Cardoso is proving to not be patch patch cv after all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by InvertedHammer: 8:31am On Feb 09
Namaster:
Tinubu and Cardoso have made another HUGE mistake.

Fools are tightening the noose around banks receiving Forex inflow when there are LITERALLY tons of other ways to receive your money.

No one will use banks to receive money with their nonsense exchange rates when there are better options out there.

Cardoso is a prime example of an extremely inspired idiot.

Imagine creating more hurdles for receiving Forex when the country is already groaning about NOT receiving any Forex in the first place.

That's like pouring MORE water on a drowning man.

Tinubu has no idea what to do with Nigeria. He's too proud and too nepotistic to get people who can help him out of the mess he's created.

/

The biggest problem is the overdollarization of the country that one would think that Nigeria is the 51st State of USA. Not in Europe. Not in Asia nor any other country would one see such public over dependence on US$ even though it is the reserve currency.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by zamaani(m): 8:31am On Feb 09
money121:
Update
Your head dey there👍
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Beautifulday: 8:31am On Feb 09
OlujobaSamuel:

There is no decision that won't have its own effect. As long as we can't increase earnings, the best is to manage the earnings we have.
I still advocated for something similar yesterday. There is no reason for anyone trading a foreign note
If you have reasons to hold a FX, it should be electronic fund and should be given only when needed at mkt rate, not something to be kept for speculative reasons

Since the economy of nations become global. Things have fallen apart. People are trading consistently with other nations.

Economy is driven by greed. These greedy people always find a way to upset the system. The government suppose to find a way to increase in flow of foreign exchange.

We should forget about crude and focus on other goods. We have other natural resources outside beside crude.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Didi2d(m): 8:32am On Feb 09
Can anyone answer this question for me?

If I send money abroad, will the receiver get the money in naira? Sincere answer please

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by OlujobaSamuel: 8:33am On Feb 09
Julius1995:
You these things, Tinubu supporters, are very disrespect, badly trained and badly behaved. I have not met just a single one of you that is not.
If you don't insult me first, I won't respond to you in kind. When you speak, think about the person you are speaking to.
You are not the only one that quoted me.
Brainless, unreasonable, never do well, etc are not greetings in my home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Procashtips(m): 8:33am On Feb 09
Simple

Just shift to crypto currencies where government earns nothing in return

Policy don capside.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Procashtips(m): 8:34am On Feb 09
Didi2d:
Can anyone answer this question for me?

If I send money abroad, will the receiver get the money in naira? Sincere answer please

That is what the article is saying!

So yes.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Sctests: 8:34am On Feb 09
Then you have not really floated the dollar.

Nigeria has the most confused president and Central Bank regulators.

You floated the naira against the dollar and still want to determine how people will take their dollar inflows sent in from abroad at a rate determined solely by you. That's crazy.

So you can wake up tomorrow and say 1 dollar in the bank is now N100, when market reality says it is N,2000.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Lerumo: 8:35am On Feb 09
Namaster:
Tinubu and Cardoso have made another HUGE mistake.

Fools are tightening the noose around banks receiving Forex inflow when there are LITERALLY tons of other ways to receive your money.

No one will use banks to receive money with their nonsense exchange rates when there are better options out there.

Cardoso is a prime example of an extremely inspired idiot.

Imagine creating more hurdles for receiving Forex when the country is already groaning about NOT receiving any Forex in the first place.

That's like pouring MORE water on a drowning man.

Tinubu has no idea what to do with Nigeria. He's too proud and too nepotistic to get people who can help him out of the mess he's created.

So what would you have suggested they did instead?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Levels1(m): 8:35am On Feb 09
This is long over due and should not be respecter of anyone as such this will strengthen our naira and discourage people keeping it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by Keegan: 8:36am On Feb 09
Beautifulday:

They are Nigerians that have naira that need dollar. The one who has dollar send them dollar, they send the people naira.

For instance, foreign student.

The people who have dollar send them the dollar in the dollar economy and the students refund the aggreed amount in naira in naira economy.

These monies didn't cross the both economy.

The one who has the dollar determine the price. As demand increases, the black market price is upset again.

Economy is driven by greed. Until economics understand this, their policies will fail. You factor human greed into economic policies

Many of you on this forum are jesters. Go and learn why the needs for bank in the first instance. What you are talking about is just barter and you don't think about the stress and danger of losing money.
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by ruggedtimi(m): 8:37am On Feb 09
warrenweste:

Where can I check it
online rate is bank rate...
Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by cornelman: 8:38am On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
I see many abusing the government without just one solution to the imbroglio we find ourselves in.

There's actually no solution that we Nigerians won't find a way to bridge!

Nigeria go better!
May Allah guide our leaders and us the led!

We didn't find ourselves in this problem. Some of you and your leaders dragged sane Nigerians into it.
Don't talk as if many others didn't know it will come to this.

APC always fails. This is not their first time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Lady Blocks Her Helper After He Mistakenly Sent N30k To Her Instead Of N3k (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.