Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children (8081 Views)

Blood Covenant: Late Bimbo's Brother Speaks On Her Refusal To Leave Her Marriage / Doctor Batters Wife Over Refusal To Circumcise Daughter / Court Orders Man To Pay Ex-wife N62 Million For 27 Years Of House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by psucc(m): 10:20am On Feb 09
I see comments almost all taking the man to the cleaners. But nobody cares to ask the man for his own version of the story only to base our judgement on the verdict of the Judge who was not there when it all happens but also based his decision on what he is told probably by the best "liar" , sorry lawyer.

Now, what if the children in questions are not birth by the man, seeing the level of promiscuity by our ladies (due apologies to the faithful ones)? The Judge should have first ordered for DNA test to ascertain the true ownership of those Children.

2. With the level of hardship these days, a bag of rice alone may be out of the reach of the man.

3. The poor man should gladly serve his one month term for disobeying a "lawful" court order.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by Fiscus105(m): 10:32am On Feb 09
Bulldozer90:
some things are beyond the courts. The court can punish him for not taking care of his children but that in itself will neither change the life of the children nor help the marriage. Even the punishment itself is legally weak in basis. Family is the most delicate institution and must be handled a such.

After the wife had reported to family in which, the man still refuses to do the needful, where u want wife to go?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 10:45am On Feb 09
Jokerman:

I respect women a lot... With what I have seen ehn?? Imagine some women be feeding family on meagre teaching salaries, and their husband will be at home doing nothing with 3/4 children...

I can't begin to say.

When a man is going is duty, the woman will sing his praises, and will even offer to assist at home

You know this! A lot of these women are physically, emotionally and mentally stressed.

Waking up early in the morning to get kids ready for school while the man is still sleeping or getting just himself ready, having to stress at a job/store, coming back home to prepare meals and go pick up kids.

All the while the man is sitting down pressing his phone, or watching Football, or listening to forking News on TV shocked What the actual forkkkk!!!!!!!!!
Having to provide or support the home while pretending that the man is doing it all just to stroke his ego, while the same man may come online and scream "Nigerian women are lazyyyyy"

No oyinbo woman who provides for/supports her family with kids will look up to that man as "the head of the home" or play a submissive role while the man sits down like a mor0n watching her do laundry, cook, pray for the family, take care of the kids, run errands etc.

There will certainly be a divorce! And he will be made to pay child support!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by idogbe14170: 10:48am On Feb 09
Why bring kids to this world if you are not ready to cater for them?He should spend sometime in jail,Cos him being free has no effect or difference to the kids.Why bring kids to this world if you are not ready to cater for them?He should spend sometime in jail,Cos him being free has no effect or difference to the kids....

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by sonofsteven: 11:13am On Feb 09
I wonder why the man gets to provide all these yet the woman keeps the kids... what happens to sharing the duties 60:40 since both agreed to be parents and both contributed to the birth, man brought sperm,woman brought egg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by waveman2: 11:43am On Feb 09
One spotted.Lol

yeslollipop:

Nigerian women are one of the most hardworking women on earth, stop with the huge lies.
They are one of the few who have been able to juggle work and childcare, with no stress.

Men pay child support abroad to their "oyinbo wife". Stop with the hate against your own. No young and beautiful Oyinbo woman would look at your face twice, much less have your child unless you are a pro basketballer, well known actor, wealthy businessman or she needs to fulfill her fantasy of the infamous big black kock.

The best oyinbo YOU can probably get is the one who has been ran through by several white and black kocks, has been divorced at least twice and is old and looks like a whale. 🐋 The rejected ones grin grin grin

Go to foreign forums and see how they are looked down upon, for letting themselves lay down with a black man and becoming a baby mama to a black man.
The only incentive is if the black man comes with some big fame and mullah. Otherwise, the stigma remains forever. To the average oyinbo, you are a walking pernis. That is, you are only good for a shag.

Hardly do I know a family man who provides 100% for his family in Nigeria. When you are not Dangote or Otedola. Taaaah!!! How much is your yeye salary?
Abi is it not the same Nigerian men complaining of no jobs and N50K, N70K salary?

"Nigerian women are generally lazy" You think when you date an oyinbo, when you both come back from work after a stressful day... she will enter kitchen and start cooking while you lie down in the room watching Manchester vs Chelsea Match. Ndi ara! You go enter kitchen dey cut tomatoes and carrot 🥕. grin

I'm sorry to say, but you are a moomoo man.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 11:53am On Feb 09
waveman2:

One spotted.Lol

At least try to sound sensible, frustrated Nigerian man.
Is your wife lazzzzzyyyyy? Do you give your wife all she needs with your N50k salary? grin

Are you a useless baby daddy? Or your baby mama druggeddd and r@ped you and forced your preeek inside her so she can trap you with a child? grin

Or oyinbo women are dieing for your preeeeek? Which of these problems do have? Ndi ara grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by sammiewrite(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09
The West template that absorbs women of all responsibilities, that has repeatedly failed us, is what we still continue to use. Rather than hold the woman just as responsible as the irresponsible man she opened her legs for, not once, not twice; rather than hold the woman just as responsible for why she failed to use any of the available birth control methods. The system will instead scapegoat the man in a country that has zero social welfare. It is the kids I worry for because their situation was already bad. It is only about to get worse.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by Goddyrichie(m): 12:30pm On Feb 09
post=128363601:

Will you stop that please.

#RespectWomen.
#Be a Gentleman.
but why are u cursing all men when u know ur dad ur uncle ur brother are all men
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by manmade(m): 12:59pm On Feb 09
I don't understand something clearly, is there any written law in Nigeria that made it mandatory for a man to be the sole provider for his children upkeep? What happened to the baby mama getting something to do so as to pick part of the bills? , Sending this man to prison will even make the matter worse as he may loose his job or the valuable business time if he is a business man. .

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by abiona36622: 2:18pm On Feb 09
Leave that witch alone oo...or else you will get hypertension and strokeLeave that witch alone oo...or else you will get hypertension and stroke...
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 5:08pm On Feb 09
sammiewrite:
The West template that absorbs women of all responsibilities, that has repeatedly failed us, is what we still continue to use. Rather than hold the woman just as responsible as the irresponsible man she opened her legs for, not once, not twice; rather than hold the woman just as responsible for why she failed to use any of the available birth control methods. The system will instead scapegoat the man in a country that has zero social welfare. It is the kids I worry for because their situation was already bad. It is only about to get worse.

We do not make use of the "West template that absorbs women of all responsibilities."
Seriously, did you not choke on this lie while typing it?

How many men have been arrested because of failure to take responsibility for their offspring?
The most options available to the Nigerian woman especially when they are no longer in a relationship/married is to phone and beg the man for support, phone his friends and family to beg him for support, go on a prayer and fasting for him to have a change of heart or singlehandedly raise the child.

Nigerian women have for several years, bore the brunt of their children's welfare. From pregnancy to birth and to nurturing and even providing, they have continued to play a demanding and sacrificial role.

It is on this Nairaland that men run and abandon their wives after giving birth in hospitals.
As for single mums and dads, a Nigerian man is more liable to abandon his child than a Nigerian woman.

Sometimes you men should tell yourselves the truth. You will not die.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 5:18pm On Feb 09
manmade:
I don't understand something clearly, is there any written law in Nigeria that made it mandatory for a man to be the sole provider for his children upkeep? What happened to the baby mama getting something to do so as to pick part of the bills? , Sending this man to prison will even make the matter worse as he may loose his job or the valuable business time if he is a business man. .

Most men cannot afford to be the sole providers of their kid(s), so stop the cap.
These women are already doing what they can to provide financially for their child, as well as to juggle that with childcare which is no easy task.

If he refuses to provide for a child he jointly created, it is better he remains in prison as he is no better than an absent father.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by Logins2125: 6:58pm On Feb 09
salbis:
The court has done well. Why bring children to this wicked world and refuse to cater for their needs?
Not wicked world, it's wicked Nigeria!
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by themanderon: 7:17pm On Feb 09
Hahaha. Did the court ask him if he can afford all those things they listed in this collapsed economy?
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by sammiewrite(m): 7:45pm On Feb 09
yeslollipop:

We do not make use of the "West template that absorbs women of all responsibilities."
Seriously, did you not choke on this lie while typing it?

How many men have been arrested because of failure to take responsibility for their offspring?
The most options available to the Nigerian woman especially when they are no longer in a relationship/married is to phone and beg the man for support, phone his friends and family to beg him for support, go on a prayer and fasting for him to have a change of heart or singlehandedly raise the child.

Nigerian women have for several years, bore the brunt of their children's welfare. From pregnancy to birth and to nurturing and even providing, they have continued to play a demanding and sacrificial role.

It is on this Nairaland that men run and abandon their wives after giving birth in hospitals.
As for single mums and dads, a Nigerian man is more liable to abandon his child than a Nigerian woman.

Sometimes you men should tell yourselves the truth. You will not die.
I'm not going to type a lot because typically, it is always emotions over logic. While I'm trying to make you see why women who bears the consequences of deadbeat fathers the most, should be more circumspect in their choice of sex partners/be more responsible sexually, to you it is all about siding with your gender, heaping all the blame on the men, and accusing anyone with a different opinion of bias against women. No wahala. Women should continue to open legs to any idiot that come their way. They should continue to have unprotected sex and make as many babies as possible. Highest their absentee husband will get jail terms. However, this won't improve the situation of the women in this situation or their kids.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 8:33pm On Feb 09
Lies lies lies! You claimed Nigeria has been using a Western method of heaping child support on men, which I said is ABSOLUTELY FALSE
You also said Nigerian women are not held responsible enough for birthing for irresponsible men, another obvious lie.

Nigerian women have faced the consequences for birthing for irresponsible men from time immemorial. When a young woman gets pregnant, she is the one who drops out of school.
The boy continues his education unperturbed.

If it is out of wedlock, she bears the shame of the affair. She will be mocked and disgraced.

In marriage, she will be urged to stay with her husband "because of the kids", regardless of the abuse she is going through.
When the man absconds, she is left to be a sole provider and a nurturer.
Her dating life is greatly affected, amongst many others.

What are the consequences the man faces? Men always taunt with the word "a child will always look for his father" as a coping mechanism for their absenteeism.
You tried to spin this on women Sir, lieing in broad daylight!

Women are used to facing the consequences
therefore let the deadbeat fathers cool their heads in jail. They can meet other deadbeat fathers there and discuss how to provide for their kids.

sammiewrite:
I'm not going to type a lot because typically, it is always emotions over logic. While I'm trying to make you see why women who bears the consequences of deadbeat fathers the most, should be more circumspect in their choice of sex partners/be more responsible sexually, to you it is all about siding with your gender, heaping all the blame on the men, and accusing anyone with a different opinion of bias against women. No wahala. Women should continue to open legs to any idiot that come their way. They should continue to have unprotected sex and make as many babies as possible. Highest their absentee husband will get jail terms. However, this won't improve the situation of the women in this situation or their kids.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by BlissGod: 8:55pm On Feb 09
Continue yapping nonsense at your age until you land yourself in jail or lose total custody of your kids, then your eyes go clear.
Bulldozer90:
Nothing will come out of it. Family issues are best handled traditionally and not in court.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by Bulldozer90: 10:05pm On Feb 09
BlissGod:
Continue yapping nonsense at your age until you land yourself in jail or lose total custody of your kids, then your eyes go clear.

my comment is nonsense only to internet lunatics and social misfits who have become slightly empowered by cyberspace freedom.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by We4all: 8:08am On Feb 10
Jokerman:
They are much in Lagos.

You'd see their wives struggling and struggling to make ends meet...

Yet these same men will be chasing other women around with their 1 kobo..

It's a sad situation

Chai! You get sweet bad mouth. One bottle of customized wine for you.
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by pussyphilia(m): 10:59am On Feb 10
Princedapace:

Which kind country be this? So, women cant take care of them selves?
Care for your children abeg
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by waveman2: 11:41am On Feb 10
I never knew I was talking to a fucking bisexual.God forbid you are a curse.

yeslollipop:

At least try to sound sensible, frustrated Nigerian man.
Is your wife lazzzzzyyyyy? Do you give your wife all she needs with your N50k salary? grin

Are you a useless baby daddy? Or your baby mama druggeddd and r@ped you and forced your preeek inside her so she can trap you with a child? grin

Or oyinbo women are dieing for your preeeeek? Which of these problems do have? Ndi ara grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 8:37pm On Feb 10
After a woman manages to trap you with pregnancy, you will be unable to run from your responsibilities for years and come back to shout "I want my child!"

Rather you will spend time in prison with your fellow criminals and be forced to meditate daily on why you had enough spèrrm to release inside her, but not enough finance to cater for the child cheesy cheesy

Hopefully when you are out, you may become unemployable in the workforce... all becauseof one mistake. You couldn't control your preeeeekkk cheesy
She will suffer alone as usual, but your life may be COMPLETELY FINISHED grin grin grin

waveman2:
I never knew I was talking to a fucking bisexual.God forbid you are a curse.

Re: Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children by yeslollipop(f): 8:51pm On Feb 10
If the man feels the child is not his, let him pay money at a hospital and have a DNA Test. These days, DNA tests can be done even before the child is delivered.

If it is not his, he should not give the woman a dime. If it is his, he should go look for a job, 2 jobs or 3 if possible so he can meet up with the demands of childcare.

Otherwise, let him go to jail. Childcare is for financially capable people, not people who think with their preeeekk.
At least the woman can suffer the consequences of being a babymama happily, knowing the man is suffering his own too.

psucc:
I see comments almost all taking the man to the cleaners. But nobody cares to ask the man for his own version of the story only to base our judgement on the verdict of the Judge who was not there when it all happens but also based his decision on what he is told probably by the best "liar" , sorry lawyer.

Now, what if the children in questions are not birth by the man, seeing the level of promiscuity by our ladies (due apologies to the faithful ones)? The Judge should have first ordered for DNA test to ascertain the true ownership of those Children.

2. With the level of hardship these days, a bag of rice alone may be out of the reach of the man.

3. The poor man should gladly serve his one month term for disobeying a "lawful" court order.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? / Who Pays For The Mortgage? Me Alone, Or Should Wife Help? / More News On The Youngest Couples In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.