Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,333 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? (19385 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by sorepco(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09
Do same on same day. Probably yhe girl's place.
Cook more of rice....

Buy your meat yourself and use anout 30 to 40 chickens
Use di rest buy more of soft drinks n a few beer....

Ketamine9000mg:
In today's Nigeria's situation, can someone manage 1.5million for a wedding?

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by jomarick(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:
Carry 400k go meet your woman's people and collect their blessings.

Use 50k go court go certify your marriage.

Collect 50k take buy suya, grilled fish, snail, hollandia yoghurt and one bad whiskey make you and Lolo take do honeymoon.

Use the remaining 1million take start another side hustle for your woman or for yourself.

Life is not hard, na una just dey stress una self unnecessarily.
exactly my thoughts, I just dey happy say I finally see person wey get sense

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by delpee(f): 5:17pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Yes, if you do court wedding with very few guests and the Bride's family don't demand much in terms of bride price, items to buy and a big traditional ceremony.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by oladele5adesewa: 5:20pm On Feb 09
Do only 1 wedding.Do only 1 wedding....
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by brightovio007(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09
More than a enough with cheap costume
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Tobest94: 5:23pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

Collect 50k take buy suya, grilled fish, snail, hollandia yoghurt and one bad whiskey make you and Lolo take do honeymoon.

Use the remaining 1million take start another side hustle for your woman or for yourself.

you dey whine? We wey don buy Aso ebi nko?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ncoolsome(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Is the wife free ??when u remove bride price from 1.5m what is left ??
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by REGINALD001(m): 5:29pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO WASTE MY BROTHER.

LESS THAN A MILLION IS OK FOR TWO THEM SINCE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LOW-KEY CEREMONY.

PEOPLE STILL DEY MARRY AND DO WEDDING LIKE THIS FOR NAIJA?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Iceberg3: 5:30pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Hypotenuse: 5:35pm On Feb 09
advanceDNA:

When giving this advice...did u give it to the op so he consider it..?? Or u just gave it for nairaland comment sake....??

because How do u think u sound giving advice to someone yet mocking his religious beliefs at the same time....??
don't mind the bastard.... Jesus created him
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gideon110(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09
Must you do church wedding? Why waste resources on church wedding?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by frankson1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09
peleson1:
Keep 2m and budget 1.4m

Do low key parlor introduction and traditional Thursday evening and do 200k for the things and 100k for good and drinks.Carry over some items for wedding reception.
Pay for good hall 200k.
50k for decoration ,200k for drinks n logistics.
500k for food and other things.
Book 4 hotel rooms for u n some of ur guests .

If nobody is happy with u,be happy with ur wife.

Dj n mc 50k

Low key

What type of decoration is N50k undecided
You didn't include include amount for hall hiring.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by blingxx(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09
nwakibie3:
No, increase it to 50 million dollars

Because na them kill cubana mama abi
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by seanwilliam(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

Use 50k go court go certify your marriage .

incase of divorce , God forbid, hope no be say we go share properte 50/50 o cos of that certificate?
I don too suffer to make this little money for me to gamble am o,
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09
TheBillyonaire:

Why wedding?

If you have completed your village traditional requirements, then you are married. You do not need a Jesus to bind you. Your village rights supersedes any foreign religions. If there is need for it, you can proceed with marriage registry, otherwise you are cool.

Save the 1.5m for pampers and children medical care.

Point of correction, Christianity isn't a foreign religion. And how does it inflate his wedding budget? Last time I checked, traditional and white wedding can be done on the same day. So, what are you talking about?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by autodoctor: 5:55pm On Feb 09
Thats just the cost for the bridal gown alone
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Geovanni412(m): 6:01pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Do traditional wedding, call pastor to bless you there and sign marriage certificate in his church the next day

There...problem solved.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Lovit(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09
Na people wey don marry know say all these wedding things aren't necessary. for the unmarried it is a do or die affair

plan your introduction and traditional marriage with N500k and save the rest to start life

Christian and Islamic weddings are not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by eepeepook: 6:11pm On Feb 09
If you have to ask before the wedding, you never ready for marriage.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by theamazonguru(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

Oil dey ya head.
I did my wedding on the lowest key.
I did registry like 2 months before the wedding.
Then did traditional in the morning, from there we went to church.
The same church hall was quickly converted to a reception venue after the service.

I didn't have to pay for Chair , table
& canopy rentals.
I didn't have to pay for hall decorations.
Neither do I have to pay for hall or field.
My home boy, brought his band to play music for me.
I only gave them transport fare.

From there I carry madam go honey moon for the church hotel/lodge accommodation on the camp ground. Very cheap. Lol

One of my friends who heard I got married called me to ask how much my salary was, and if I was working in a bank. Lol.
So I need to earn big before getting married abi. Dey play.

There is a guy I know, on his wedding day he invited only 10 people each from both families. Hosted them at a fast food joint. He told the fast food to arrange food & drink worth 1k for each person. This was about 15 years ago sha.
Guy was struggling that time.

Just like you said, this life no hard at all.
Na we dey make am hard.

The hard economy is not an excuse for a flamboyant ceremony.
Spend as you so wish and capable of.
Wedding na one day.
Marriage continues till death does you part.

Don't spend based on people's expectation of you or in order to make your occasion the talk of the town. It counts for nothing actually.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by t2luv1: 6:16pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

If you can make it to Las Vegas without sending money. Chapel weddings in any of the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip cost $350. But if you prefer a drive-through wedding that costs $95. Both forms are perfectly legal and valid in all the states and they all come with a marriage certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by coputa(m): 6:19pm On Feb 09
Three hundred thousand is enough investment the balance, you are not competing with anyone
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Benteazaa(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09
That is more than enough, it depends on how u want to waste money
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Karo1212: 6:28pm On Feb 09
No time to waste money oh.... after you done pay her bride price eh, onah go do curt marriage,then go do wedding for church & final one come back to wrap it up with the traditional marriage for her papa compound and game close
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Starhearts: 6:32pm On Feb 09
U wan waste ur money on top of person wey go still open her leg 🦵 for anoda niggea.

Anyway wetin concerned me with wetin wey no concern me
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by SmartMen: 6:37pm On Feb 09
advanceDNA:

When giving this advice...did u give it to the op so he consider it..?? Or u just gave it for nairaland comment sake....??

because How do u think u sound giving advice to someone yet mocking his religious beliefs at the same time....??
imperialism has eaten deep into Africans and they are yet to escape from the slavery of centuries ago...

I was going to just read and pass but I had to comment here.

Traditional Wedding or Marriage is the real thing. Before the White man came with his religion to Africa, were your ancestors not getting married? You go school, open books and read history.

What you regard as white wedding is the traditional marriage of the WHITE man. So how can you be doing two Traditional Marriage for one purpose? CHOOSE ONE.

But for the sake of economic reality, you can do BOTH on the same day to save money because I know a lot of you suffer from inferiority complex and if you don't do that white wedding, your body no go rest...
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Enice(m): 6:40pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:
You just want to hype yourself because this is a stupid question.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Badhguy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09
DiskJokeyManic:
Must u do church wedding?😐😐😐😐..... I know ur liability of a wife to-be might be de one putting de pressure on u fr all dis tins while contributing little or nothing to it😐😐😐

Africans wit de need to always copy Europeans😐😐
Na that church wedding I no come understand. Even the bible says,you should do what is obtainable in your local community.( Which is the traditional wedding)That church wedding nah just bullshit.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

I tire for OP,all this money to marry problem for house

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09
As the year goes by I dey reduce the amount wey I budget, this year na 400k I plan.maybe next yr I go reduce am go 300k grin
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Badhguy(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09
As for me I won't be marrying a woman twice. If you want your pastor or priest to bless our marriage,kindly invite them to traditional marriage ceremony. Am not going to any church for anything. If you no like am disembark from the marriage me. Simple.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Aderupoko2: 6:48pm On Feb 09
I did my wedding in 2012. After the traditional wedding on Friday, which I spent about 75k, the next day we went to church. We were three couples joined together that day, I was the only one that the Pastor announced that there was no venue for reception. Prior that wedding day, tge cheapest wedding reception
Venue was 135k, Cake was also expensive. After church service, people presented their gifts and we zoomed off for our honeymoon. I drove my Highlander jeep, by myself.
This life no hard. Heaven will not fall if you cut your coat according to your size.
Today, we are still married with 2 boys and a girl. To God be the glory.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

October Birthday's Only! / SPECIAL INVITATION: Mr/Mrs. Nchekwube's Child Dedication / Proceeds From My Father's Funeral Goes To Charity — Prof. Onyebuchi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.