Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? (19383 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by essienisrael5(m): 10:55am On Feb 10
Which school did u finish from my brother?

Zonefree:
Carry 400k go meet your woman's people and collect their blessings.

Use 50k go court go certify your marriage.

Collect 50k take buy suya, grilled fish, snail, hollandia yoghurt and one bad whiskey make you and Lolo take do honeymoon.

Use the remaining 1million take start another side hustle for your woman or for yourself.

Life is not hard, na una just dey stress una self unnecessarily.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Zonefree(m): 11:28am On Feb 10
essienisrael5:
Which school did u finish from my brother?

School of thought, chief.

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 11:48am On Feb 10
ColonelMichael:

i asked you if it was what your ancestors practiced?

if you were born a hausa in sokoto near the sultan's palace will you be a christian?

Is Hinduism alien to African culture?

So I shouldn't practice Christianity because it isn't why my ancestors practiced?

Is it every Hausa born in Sokoto near the Sultan's palace that's not a Christian?

All of the doctrine of Hinduism is not alien to African culture.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by BBIA: 11:49am On Feb 10
Zonefree:

School of thought, chief.
In Mbaise? angry
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ColonelMichael: 12:15pm On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

So I shouldn't practice Christianity because it isn't why my ancestors practiced?

Is it every Hausa born in Sokoto near the Sultan's palace that's not a Christian?

All of the doctrine of Hinduism is not alien to African culture.

ok, you've answered my question. thank you.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gerrard59(m): 12:17pm On Feb 10
Tallesty1:
Too much sef depending on the location.

In some places like Kogi state where one can find true love with just an Indomie and a soulmate if you add an egg, 1.5 million can get you three wives, and they may even come with three younger sisters to live with you, making six in total. A complete family from the first day.

Marriage no cost nah you get high taste.

That state WOULD never beat the excruciating poverty it is associated with. grin To worsen things, their love for juju, love for Fulani culture and archaic cultural practices would exacerbate things.

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gerrard59(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

Point of correction, Christianity isn't a foreign religion. And how does it inflate his wedding budget? Last time I checked, traditional and white wedding can be done on the same day. So, what are you talking about?

Which indigenous ethnic group in Nigeria formulated Christianity?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10
ColonelMichael:

ok, you've answered my question. thank you.

Yeah. Just know that Christianity isn't a foreign religion. It's the absolute religion instituted by God for man. Therefore, you can't say it's alien. It's not man-made like that of your ancestors. Shalom.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 12:54pm On Feb 10
Gerrard59:

Which indigenous ethnic group in Nigeria formulated Christianity?

When you say that Christianity is a foreign religion I know that you're inevitably labeling it religion made by the white people and for the white people.

I'm not categorically telling you that it wasn't made by the white people and for them. Christianity is a religion instituted by God himself. You can't label it foreign unless God is foreign as well. Shalom.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by lastkingsman: 1:19pm On Feb 10
Gerrard59:

That state WOULD never beat the excruciating poverty it is associated with. grin To worsen things, their love for juju, love for Fulani culture and archaic cultural practices would exacerbate things.

Kogi is a case study. Comfort in distress grin
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gerrard59(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

When you say that Christianity is a foreign religion I know that you're inevitably labeling it religion made by the white people and for the white people.

I'm not categorically telling you that it wasn't made by the white people and for them. Christianity is a religion instituted by God himself. You can't label it foreign unless God is foreign as well. Shalom.

You say so because you were born into a Christian family, most likely in the south. Your views would have differed if you were born in Hong Kong or India. Those people see the Christian God as a foreign entity. What do you say about that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Raalsalghul: 3:34pm On Feb 10
Tallesty1:
Too much sef depending on the location.

In some places like Kogi state where one can find true love with just an Indomie and a soulmate if you add an egg, 1.5 million can get you three wives, and they may even come with three younger sisters to live with you, making six in total. A complete family from the first day.

Marriage no cost nah you get high taste.

grin
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Tallesty1(m): 3:41pm On Feb 10
ppogba:

I go vex for you on behalf of Kogi people oo.

Which kain talk be dis?
Spend a few months there and you will change your mind.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Tallesty1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 10
Gerrard59:

A man will marry four wives, he will live with one and the other three will stay back with their parents. They only visit him to collect or get pregnant, then return to their parents' house to continue hustling. Very anyhow people.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10
Gerrard59:

You say so because you were born into a Christian family, most likely in the south. Your views would have differed if you were born in Hong Kong or India. Those people see the Christian God as a foreign entity. What do you say about that?

There are people born in these regions you've mentioned and yet they are Christians.

Therefore, if I were born in Hong Kong or India I'll most likely be a Christian. What do you say about that?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

There are people born in these regions you've mentioned and yet they are Christians.

Therefore, if I were born in Hong Kong or India I'll most likely be a Christian. What do you say about that?

Exceptions do not make the norm. The majority in those places view the Christian God as foreign. Even the natives who are Christians understand that aspect and refrain from evangelism or don't force it.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 4:23pm On Feb 10
Gerrard59:

Exceptions do not make the norm. The majority in those places view the Christian God as foreign. Even the natives who are Christians understand that aspect and refrain from evangelism or don't force it.

Exceptions don't make the norm but it doesn't rule out the possibility of me seeing Christianity as the true religion to abide. Everyone has the right to subscribe to whatever religion they wish as long as it doesn't trample on the human rights of other people.

Christians of these places you mentioned do evangelize but they don't force people to convert. If God doesn't force us to align with His ways why should we force others to do so?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Gerrard59(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

Exceptions don't make the norm but it doesn't rule out the possibility of me seeing Christianity as the true religion to abide. Everyone has the right to subscribe to whatever religion they wish as long as it doesn't trample on the human rights of other people.

Christians of these places you mentioned do evangelize but they don't force people to convert. If God doesn't force us to align with His ways why should we force others to do so?

What you wrote has nothing to do with my point that Christianity is a foreign concept to Nigeria as it did not originate from any ethnic group in Nigeria. It is not indigenous compared to say Hindusim to Indians. I have nothing against the religion, but it is foreign to Nigeria.

The same applies to Islam.

We agree to disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ColonelMichael: 3:26pm On Feb 11
Maxcollins042:

Yeah. Just know that Christianity isn't a foreign religion. It's the absolute religion instituted by God for man. Therefore, you can't say it's alien. It's not man-made like that of your ancestors. Shalom.

ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

October Birthday's Only! / SPECIAL INVITATION: Mr/Mrs. Nchekwube's Child Dedication / Proceeds From My Father's Funeral Goes To Charity — Prof. Onyebuchi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.