Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? (19384 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Ashirioluwa: 6:56pm On Feb 09
The economy is so hard right now to waste your resources on marriage ceremony.

Go with your people to see her own family, pay the bride price if any, and then go to the registry to finalize it.

Save your money, and don't follow our wasteful culture or be a copycat.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by advanceDNA: 7:01pm On Feb 09
SmartMen:
imperialism has eaten deep into Africans and they are yet to escape from the slavery of centuries ago...

I was going to just read and pass but I had to comment here.

Traditional Wedding or Marriage is the real thing. Before the White man came with his religion to Africa, were your ancestors not getting married? You go school, open books and read history.

What you regard as white wedding is the traditional marriage of the WHITE man. So how can you be doing two Traditional Marriage for one purpose? CHOOSE ONE.

But for the sake of economic reality, you can do BOTH on the same day to save money because I know a lot of you suffer from inferiority complex and if you don't do that white wedding, your body no go rest...

how can he chose one?? Most pple do the two because they want a formal certificate and cannot avoid the trado because families want it.....so what's ur point?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by chiboycue: 7:02pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:
In today's Nigeria's situation, can someone manage 1.5million for a wedding?

I fit manage N500,000 for wedding. I will settle my in-laws with N300,000 then do low court wedding, spend N80,000 to entertain friends with take away and keep the change for a happy married life afterwards
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Ployploy: 7:14pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:
Carry 400k go meet your woman's people and collect their blessings.

Use 50k go court go certify your marriage.

Collect 50k take buy suya, grilled fish, snail, hollandia yoghurt and one bad whiskey make you and Lolo take do honeymoon.

Use the remaining 1million take start another side hustle for your woman or for yourself.

Life is not hard, na una just dey stress una self unnecessarily.
try Dey use your brain talk
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ufuosman(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:
are you including the marriage list?

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Sirseedorf(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09
People are waiting for you to start a big party so they can come and fill their empty hungry stomach, you can add 500 thousand to complete the equation.

Modify, no do pass yourself, no do pass the economy.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by SmartMen: 7:17pm On Feb 09
advanceDNA:

how can he chose one?? Most pple do the two because they want a formal certificate and cannot avoid the trado because families want it.....so what's ur point?

This thread is about saving costs from the other poster and that is why I said the post you responded to, do both on the same day. People do it... but if you have 5million to waste, I am available to help you o. I go chop rice and chop meat and go my house after, nothing concern me and what happens in the marriage... and this how invited people see marriage, They will eat your food and go home.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Sokari29: 7:21pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:
In this current economy I did advise you to cut your coat to a sizable fit for you.... to me I don't see the essence of big weddings/marriages... most people go bankrupt after this ceremony n start borrowing money here n there just to keep up... I can't do beyond my capability to please any woman n most Nigerian ladies r not considerate they rather go hungry n make their husbands to be in debt than have below par marriage/wedding
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Love800(m): 7:23pm On Feb 09
U are trying to say, no need for celebrations and parties, abi?
TheBillyonaire:

Why wedding?

If you have completed your village traditional requirements, then you are married. You do not need a Jesus to bind you. Your village rights supersedes any foreign religions. If there is need for it, you can proceed with marriage registry, otherwise you are cool.

Save the 1.5m for pampers and children medical care.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by SmartMen: 7:27pm On Feb 09
Ployploy:
try Dey use your brain talk
lol.. he is right. if you want to do low key that is what he is saying ... but I know say you be Dangote nephew... so just jeje spend 5M, nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Love800(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09
Will the pastor allow dis?
anonymous1759:
Don’t bother brother Wed her in your pastors office , pay her bride price in her fathers compound no need for drama . Use the remain change for honeymoon that’s better because you’ll be spending more on yourself than for people that’ll later mock you that they didn’t receive meat at your wedding .
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by SmartMen: 7:34pm On Feb 09
venti:

u mean $1,000....
Cardoso should monitor you to explain what you mean when were discussing naira angry
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Juliearth(f): 7:41pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Definitely. You can cut cost further by doing a parlour traditional wedding and then capping it up in a registry.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Tradepunter2: 7:51pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:
Carry 400k go meet your woman's people and collect their blessings.

Use 50k go court go certify your marriage.

Collect 50k take buy suya, grilled fish, snail, hollandia yoghurt and one bad whiskey make you and Lolo take do honeymoon.

Use the remaining 1million take start another side hustle for your woman or for yourself.

Life is not hard, na una just dey stress una self unnecessarily.

My brother sense nu go kee you..... Men getting high blood pressure over wedding is sickening.... Someone you wan spend rest of your life with..... I always thank God for my wife... We both from working class family and our wedding na everybody join hand..

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by steve11215(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09
[color=#770077][/color]even with 500k, no wedding is expensive or poor..... Everybody forget immediately after the wedding.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Mryacks: 8:08pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:

Yes it is possible. Everything depends on your social class and type of wedding.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by udemzyudex(m): 8:09pm On Feb 09
If you're asking this question then it shows that you're not rich enough, I'll advise you cut your coat according to your size.

Don't do wedding to impress.

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by anonymous1759(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09
Love800:
Will the pastor allow dis?

Yes of course it’s your wedding.

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by khattab02: 8:17pm On Feb 09
Yes!! Just yourself, family and brides family.

IV of not than 20 people.

Strictly by Invitation.

From church straight to Honeymoon! grin
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by osazsky(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09
If na south south bros keep it money u never ready but it will in d north just cook anything then go eat am

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by JapaPrince: 8:25pm On Feb 09
Do low-key sitting room trad, morning mass wedding, then court marriage. This is not about cutting your coat according to your size. Your cloth = N1.5m cannot cut even enough for your underwear.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Projectors(m): 8:33pm On Feb 09
It is possible ooo, in fact it will remain in your pocket if you didn't pass yourself.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Love800(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09
Then afterwards, what next?
anonymous1759:

Yes of course it’s your wedding.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by drerocker: 8:53pm On Feb 09
Ketamine9000mg:
Na u just spend 1.5
Its 2 much ok
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Theophinio(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09
advanceDNA:

Nigeria wedding can take 200 million... All na based on how ready are u to waste money...

U can manage any amount u have...pple do wedding with 500k.... Na u just wan waste 1.5M

Perfect Advice
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by anonymous1759(m): 10:24pm On Feb 09
Love800:
Then afterwards, what next?

Use the change and enjoy your honeymoon or use it to start up something productive, you know your pocket better .
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Govocrete: 10:47pm On Feb 09
Nobody had hosted the best wedding or wedding guest.

Plan you future after wedding and what is left can be use for the wedding and traditional.

Cut you coat according to the material at hand.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ColonelMichael: 11:04pm On Feb 09
Maxcollins042:

Point of correction, Christianity isn't a foreign religion. And how does it inflate his wedding budget? Last time I checked, traditional and white wedding can be done on the same day. So, what are you talking about?

was christianity the religion of your ancestors, both christianity and islam are goddamn fuckin foreign religion., it is alien to our african culture.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Love800(m): 12:51am On Feb 10
Thankz for dis.
anonymous1759:

Use the change and enjoy your honeymoon or use it to start up something productive, you know your pocket better .

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by itsene: 6:19am On Feb 10
Low budget 1.5 million?
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by Maxcollins042(m): 10:25am On Feb 10
ColonelMichael:

was christianity the religion of your ancestors, both christianity and islam are goddamn fuckin foreign religion., it is alien to our african culture.

How is it alien to our African culture? Just tell me how Christianity is at odds with our way of life.
Re: Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? by ColonelMichael: 10:51am On Feb 10
Maxcollins042:

How is it alien to our African culture? Just tell me how Christianity is at odds with our way of life.

i asked you if it was what your ancestors practiced?

if you were born a hausa in sokoto near the sultan's palace will you be a christian?

Is Hinduism alien to African culture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

October Birthday's Only! / SPECIAL INVITATION: Mr/Mrs. Nchekwube's Child Dedication / Proceeds From My Father's Funeral Goes To Charity — Prof. Onyebuchi (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.