Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira (23427 Views)

Floating Of Naira Worst Economic Decision - PENGASSAN / Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Shikini: 9:24pm On Feb 09
Terrible
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Kay25(m): 9:24pm On Feb 09
[quote author=christejames post=128370066]They should resign if they don't want to join our Tinubu in teaching Peter Obi and his supporters a bitter lesson shocked[/quot
Even if dem no teach una lesson obi and supporters are losers
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Codes151(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09
pocom16:

Don't deceive yourself...

There is nothing to be surprised about..

The floating of naira and removal of subsidy is going to take us even further than this..

We have always lacked industries and imported..

There is nothing we are importing that is highly unnecessary..
More than 45% of our Forex goes into importing refined petroleum..is that unnecessary?..no

What bulaba should have done is ensure all refineries.both Dangote and NNPC are running first...and invest into our oil industry to pump enough oil to cater for these local refineries and still export to maintain our meagre Forex inflows..

This will automatically save up 45% of our reserves..

dangote self dey work against nigeria

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by GoodLife4live: 9:30pm On Feb 09
Penguin2:

Supported.

Any stupid minister who doesn’t want to join Baba Emilokan to continue to teach Peter Obi a lesson should jejely resign and stop complaining.

It’s Awalokan government.

What matters is that we are in power.

It doesn’t matter if every Nigerian dies as long as we are in power, and Peter Obi and Obidients are learning lessons.

The ministers should stop embarrassing the government and the president.

Ndi ala!😏
u don't even understand what dey said... Mumu.. still pain because of thiefobi Lost...

Thiefobi no fit be president... Fact ...

Tinubu will win 2027 election so stop disturbing your GUILIBLE self over unproductive chant on Nairaland
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by falconey(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09
UmarFaruk98:
You're so daft..
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by falconey(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09
UmarFaruk98:
I am so daft..

I know son, you don't have to tell me.

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Boldideas: 10:01pm On Feb 09
Zico5:
Buhari is worse but this administration will be the worst government ever. How can u come on board and removed subsidy just like that without adequate provisions for the aftermath effects.

Without first fixing power and our refineries. He missed it!!!!
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by West501(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09
christejames:
They should resign if they don't want to join our Tinubu in teaching Peter Obi and his supporters a bitter lesson shocked

🙈🤣🙈😊

2 Likes

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:05pm On Feb 09
There is nothing wrong with removal of fuel subsidy and floating of naira. The removal of subsidy makes more funds for the government but our governors instead of giving palatives or subsidizing foodstuffs are looting the money, buying dollars to hide the embezzlement, they are exploring the loopholes. EFCC and ICPC should go after them. Immunity for governors should be removed. And we Nigerians are sabotaging government effort.
We Nigerians need to reset our thinking and stop being greedy and be productive and embrace locally made goods and services.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Kingrshd3: 10:12pm On Feb 09
BigBlackPreek:
Our leaders are clueless, this government and it's cabinets are confused

Before abusing him u should have tried to confirm if what he I
Said is true that we still have the cheapest food stuffs among other neighborhoods countries
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by christejames(m): 10:19pm On Feb 09
Faposky95:

That's how kids play.....
You think all THIS is a joke....?!!!!!!
Generations, destinies are at stake here and All you can proffer is what itches your balls...!!!!
Can someone pay these types so they stop taking up such space.
Wake.up, the joke's on you.
You voted him right...?

Your comprehension skill is poor...

Can't understand sarcasm? undecided
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by christejames(m): 10:20pm On Feb 09
t2luv1:

Bitter Lesson !!!! I guess it is easy to send out bullsh*t text , while still living in your family house @ your age.

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by christejames(m): 10:20pm On Feb 09
IkeAbuja:
most times it baffles me how we live and reason in this country the poor masses are suffering most of them coming from your Tinubu region and you think you're teaching Peter Obi a lesson HOW? Please young man you can think and do better stop reasoning like a 🧟‍♀️

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by FireUpNow(m): 10:27pm On Feb 09
Gradually the truth is finally coming out.
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by IbeOkehie: 10:54pm On Feb 09
Woooooowww, President Tinubu looks like he's getting there👍🏾.

So many surprises on the Nigeria economic policy front today.

We're watching.

Zico5:
Buhari is worse but this administration will be the worst government ever. How can u come on board and removed subsidy just like that without adequate provisions for the aftermath effects.

There's no palliative for common sense. There's nothing to be done that can prepare anyone for the aftermath.

It's economic shock therapy and the country is long overdue for it. This is the result of decades of collective foolishness.

Good Luck to Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by pharmagba: 10:59pm On Feb 09
dre11:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/budget-agriculture-ministers-fault-subsidy-removal-floating-of-naira/

This minister s especially the agriculture minister need to be sacked with immediate effect
I also note he is a member of the economic team. This is a disaster . This minister has got nothing to offer
This is the season the Agriculture ministry need to be telling us plans in place to increase food crop and cash crop production across Nigeria be is still behind.

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Mayoisemj4real(m): 11:05pm On Feb 09
Since he became president we hardly hear any projects commissioning,Bihari was clueless but he still found ways of embarking on crucial projects,unlike this current president who is a shame to be in our current afairs as president
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by IbeOkehie: 11:25pm On Feb 09
Civetcat:
“Our food products are the cheapest around the neighbourhood,” Senator Kyari declared.

So produce more . This is exactly what the policy is supposed to do. More exports means more forex and the inability of farmers from neighbouring to compete on price . Kick this one out already

Thanks. You'd think most supposedly educated people would figure this out. That idiots like this can become Ministers of the Federal Republic is exactly why Nigeria has become a Zoo.

Anyway, I've tried to expound on it many a time. A floating currency incentivizes productivity. Now that Nigerian food is cheaper, demand for it will increase and farmers will produce to fill that demand.

Simple and short.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Faposky95: 11:58pm On Feb 09
christejames:

I loose guard

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by AOB1: 12:16am On Feb 10
christejames:
They should resign if they don't want to join our Tinubu in teaching Peter Obi and his supporters a bitter lesson shocked
Obi can never and will never be the president of Nigeria, know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by nairalanda1(m): 6:18am On Feb 10
Yampotatocarrot:

Ooo, you also could read through the lines... It's just a veiled comment... Probably the government is mulling the idea of bringing it back

They have brought it back. There has been a subsidy since October 2023. They are now arguing over whether to increase the amount spent on it.
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by ijeawele23635: 7:56am On Feb 10
Agbadorians we're hailing him. He built Lagos but lacks cement to build NigeriaAgbadorians we're hailing him. He built Lagos but lacks cement to build Nigeria...
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by pocom16: 8:08am On Feb 10
Codes151:
dangote self dey work against nigeria

You just hate am..it is normal..

Nigeria needs 10 Dangotes.. things would have been better..

All of Una shouting monopoly.. on thing is clear...no body prevented you from going into his line of business
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by basseeafricana: 11:19am On Feb 10
seborrhic:
Confession time.
I have said it that even in the US and the most advanced countries in the world,with average incomes 500 times our own and able to afford basic life needs,if fuel price had gone up and their currency devalued,both at the same time,there would have been riots in their streets because of the effect it would have on everyone.
But here,a balablu wanted to act Jackie Chan,thought he was knowledgeable when he has been found to be empty or at best sawdust brain filled;went ahead to announce both measures on his first day in office.
And like all empty brained people,when the effects of what they do or their policies start going awry,they look lost and clueless or what next to do.
This is the sad situation of our life today with Tinubu.
I don't know why Nigeria is destined to be ruled by Tinubu.
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by UmarFaruk98: 11:26am On Feb 10
falconey:

I know son, you don't have to tell me.

stop calling me son, you are not old enough to be my father...
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Osolo1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10
The Naira should be our official currency for any kind of transaction within the country,the use of any foreign currency locally should be banned, you need any transaction with foreign currency,it should be converted at the bank and done at the exit of the country,that way you protect your naira.

1 Like

Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Codes151(m): 2:10pm On Feb 10
pocom16:

You just hate am..it is normal..

Nigeria needs 10 Dangotes.. things would have been better..

All of Una shouting monopoly.. on thing is clear...no body prevented you from going into his line of business
no I don’t. Seriously.

I just don’t like that fact that in a country, one man is owing refinery
Re: Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira by Konquest: 4:04pm On Feb 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Patrick Igbinidu Curses Subjects Who Fail To Vote APC / Exposed: Level 16 Workers In Kwara Earn N71,000 / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.