Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

*AFCON 2023: Obaseki To Host Osimhen, Others After Tournament* The Edo State Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *AFCON 2023: Obaseki To Host Osimhen, Others After Tournament* The Edo State Go (170 Views)

Nigerians May Shock APC, PDP In 2023 - Obaseki / Photos Of Amada Courtroom In Gombe State Go Viral / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*AFCON 2023: Obaseki To Host Osimhen, Others After Tournament* The Edo State Go by Propergandist: 3:02pm On Feb 09
AFCON 2023: Obaseki to host Osimhen, others after tournament.

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has promised to host Edo-born 2023 African Footballer of the Year and Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen and other Super Eagles players of Edo origin after the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) competition taking place in Ivory Coast.

Obaseki said this while speaking to journalists in Benin City, the Edo State capital, shortly after the Super Eagles defeated the Bafana Bafana of South Africa 4-2 on penalties after a 1-1 score line in regulation time.

Obaseki watched the match at Ring Road, one of the viewing centers set up by the government for free live transmission of the AFCON semi-final clash between Nigeria and South Africa.

The governor said, “We can’t thank Osimhen enough and all these young stars. They have made Nigerians proud. We are very glad and happy over the final outcome of the game. My administration has the intention of inviting Victor Osimhen to Edo State after the end of the tournament.”

On his part, the Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Dr. Osaigbovo Iyoha, said, “Congratulations Nigerians, Congratulations Super Eagles; See you in the finals. This game was a wonderful one and we want to thank Governor Obaseki for creating the atmosphere for Edo people to watch the match.

“From this viewing center, you can see the mammoth crowd. We have nine locations today created for people of the State to watch the game including the hometown of our own striker, Victor Osimhen. We also have one of our own Osayi; Onyeka was also born in Benin; they have all made us proud.”

*PHOTO CAPTION*

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (middle), during the Super Eagles semi-final encounter against Bafana Bafana of South Africa, in the Edo State Government AFCON Viewing Centre, at the Central Park in Benin City.

Re: *AFCON 2023: Obaseki To Host Osimhen, Others After Tournament* The Edo State Go by Jostoman: 3:50pm On Feb 09
Good one from obaseki

1 Like

Re: *AFCON 2023: Obaseki To Host Osimhen, Others After Tournament* The Edo State Go by Sheuns(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09
If I were the players, I’ll return to my club after the tournament. I won’t accept to be with any politician.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Senator Seeks Lower Tariffs On Imported Goods / Price Of Bread Increases / I Am Not Happy With Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.