Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? (1280 Views)

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / See Me See Wahala. Please What Did I Do Wrong Here? / Did I Do Any Wrong?can My Wife Cheat On Me?what Percent Are Chances?pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:34pm On Feb 09
undecidedSome people don't know how to show appreciation and me na, because I come From a home where we were raised with good manners and taught to be grateful and show appreciation for the littlest things, I always assume and expect everyone to possess such moral values. But it seems majority lack this virtue, reason I acted the way I did today.

There's this butcher i like buying meat from because his is always very tasty and sweet you don't need much seasoning to make your soups and stews any time you use his cow meat but he's always shouting whenever you price his meat. So sometimes I just avoid him but when he sees me in the market he'll be hyping me like..." oyinbo", how far and stuff but when I go to his stand again he'll start shouting if I price.

So, today, as I was approaching the meat section, he started hyping me again saying fine girl, bla bla.. he now said I should tell the woman selling noodles to give him a plate now . I now asked him what size he can finish, he said any size. I now went and placed order for a plate of noodles for him and told the lady to give him when she's done

I got to his stand to buy meat and he cut one tiny piece for me. I told him ah.. customer, it's too small now, please add jara for me, this man started shouting that he's not going to add anything. I said you're shouting, he said he'll shout that he can't add anything to the meat and continued talking so loud that everyone started starring at me.

I picked the meat, paid for it and went to meet the Noodles seller, asked them to package it, paid for it and took it away. I got to a busy road and saw a Mallam that usually supplies us water anytime theres no light to pump and gave it to him. He was so appreciative of it and I felt fulfilled blessing that Aboki than giving it to a rude and saucy butcher.

Did I do wrong?

6 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by illicit(m): 6:41pm On Feb 09
Hmmmm not really
He was rude

I wish we can hear his own part tho...

4 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by garriAndsugar: 6:42pm On Feb 09
You should have told him you won't get him the noodles if he doesn't do you well.
Now you made the butcher salivating and expecting his noodles

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by dangermouse(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09
You did wrong.

A deal is a deal no matter what. You have already ordered the noodles on his behalf only for you to take it away because he refused to compromise on his price.

As a bachelor then, I would avoid any seller like a plague the moment you ask me "do you have change, I don't have change o", even before you know what I want to buy or how much own. It puts me off. Then those ones that will start shouting at you if you dare price their good too. Their juju will not catch me a second time.

You would have simply let him be and maybe avoid him in your future dealings. Most meat sellers you see in the market buys meat from same cow(s) that was killed same day in the abattoir. You can simply get a new butcher to buy meat from.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Wawelexy(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09
Too bad! You did him a favour expecting something in return... If not you wouldn't act that way...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:11pm On Feb 09
garriAndsugar:
You should have told him you won't get him the noodles if he doesn't do you well.
Now you made the butcher salivating and expecting his noodles

He go wait taya.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:20pm On Feb 09
Wawelexy:
Too bad! You did him a favour expecting something in return... If not you wouldn't act that way...

Ok, so if you do person favor he no suppose reciprocate?

Have you ever heard of the saying "one good turn deserves another."?

3 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:21pm On Feb 09
dangermouse:
You did wrong.

A deal is a deal no matter what. You have already ordered the noodles on his behalf only for you to take it away because he refused to compromise on his price.

As a bachelor then, I would avoid any seller like a plague the moment you ask me "do you have change kiss, I don't have change o", even before you know what I want to buy or how much own. It puts me off. Then those ones that will start shouting at you if you dare price their good too. Their juju will not catch me a second time.

You would have simply let him be and maybe avoid him in your future dealings. Most meat sellers you see in the market buys meat from same cow(s) that was killed same day in the abattoir. You can simply get a new butcher to buy meat from.

Ok
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Zonefree(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09
So, because you bought noodles for him, he should cut all his meats for you bah undecided

Mercychen, it's good you collected your noodles back.

Just so you know, that butcher can buy you and that noodles over 30 times. He's not a hungry man. Carry your entitled mentality go one side! Nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:25pm On Feb 09
illicit:
Hmmmm not really
He was rude

I wish we can hear his own part tho...

He's own part, he'll only tell you "nko ko kin jo loju". Very rude guy.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:26pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:
So, because you bought noodles for him, he should cut all his meats for you bah undecided

Mercychen, it's good that you collected your noodles back.

Just so you know, that butcher can buy you and that noodles over 30 times. He's not a hungry man. Carry your entitled mentality go one side!

Beta slap dey hungry you.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by pseudonyms: 7:27pm On Feb 09
In my opinion i think u did the right tin. Appreciation dey say is an application for more,even God himself loves appreciation not to talk of humans which at the lightest provocation can change their mind.
I believe with this he should learn how to appreciate and be very soft to a costumer,because as the saying goes costumers are always right.

And i have notice that dis is like a general character for meat sellers in d market. Because the ones i have seen also have the kind of behavior and it is very bad behavior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Zonefree(m): 7:27pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:

Beta slap dey hungry you.
Seems you don't want to live long.

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:30pm On Feb 09
Zonefree:

Seems I don't want to live long.

Fixed. Now buzz off my post.

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:35pm On Feb 09
pseudonyms:
In my opinion i think u did the right tin. Appreciation dey say is an application for more,even God himself loves appreciation not to talk of humans which at the lightest provocation can change their mind.
I believe with this he should learn how to appreciate and be very soft to a costumer,because as the saying goes costumers are always right.

And i have notice that dis is like a general character for meat sellers in d market. Because the ones i have seen also have the kind of behavior and it is very bad behavior.

I'm telling you. He's so ungrateful and unappreciative. He didn't even consider the fact that I just agreed to buy him something. Was just shouting like a lunatic.

All of them are like that. Very lousy and insultive.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by superCleanworks(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:
He was so appreciateful and I felt fulfilled blessing that Aboki than giving it to a rude and saucy butcher.

Did I do wrong?

You did 110% well.
as he no gree for you, you seff no gree for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Sucre6: 9:35pm On Feb 09
You guys just blaming the op and forgot the part she mentioned that the meat seller has always been like that, always getting angry and shouting when u price meat, today isn't the first time he's done that, this has got nothing to do with her making order for noodles and expecting him to add plenty meat for her, me on the other part have seen very rude market people, be it man or woman, and I avoid them like plaque, because nah small thing dey vex me, I can't hustle to make money, bring am to come buy something only for you to insult me or raise your voice, thunder go fire you oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:56pm On Feb 09
superCleanworks:

You did 110% well.
as he no gree for you, you seff no gree for him.

Abi o. That slogan seems to be having a strong effect on people this year o because if na before I for just leave the food make him chop but my head just dey say, no gree no gree cheesy grin.
. The thing Pain me no be small. You need to hear the shout..
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:01pm On Feb 09
Sucre6:
You guys just blaming the op and forgot the part she mentioned that the meat seller has always been like that, always getting angry and shouting when u price meat, today isn't the first time he's done that, this has got nothing to do with her making order for noodles and expecting him to add plenty meat for her, me on the other part have seen very rude marker people, be it man or woman, and I avoid them like plaque, because nah small thing dey vex me, I can't hustle to make money, bring am to come buy something only for you to insult me or raise your voice, thunder go fire you oh

LoL.. @ "thunder go fire you" grin.

My brother the thing no be today e start the shout o? But me na, being the free hearted person wey I be, once I go and he greets me, my mind go soft again. This time, I will avoid him completely. I don't care if his meat is the sweetest. Make him carry go Biko. angry

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by garriAndsugar: 10:04pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:

LoL.. @ "thunder go fire you" grin.

My brother the thing no be today e start the shout o? But me na, being the free hearted person wey I be, once I go and he greets me, my mind go soft again. This time, I will avoid him completely. I don't care if his meat is the sweetest. Make him carry go Biko. angry
I just understood the sweet meat you've been talking about.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Ziika: 10:07pm On Feb 09
Add 4 to 6 Or rather 4+6 gives you what?
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by superCleanworks(m): 10:26pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:

. The thing Pain me no be small. You need to hear the shout..

No vess for am.
some people you meet them and within 5 minutes you begin to understand why they are stuck where they are in life.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:38pm On Feb 09
Ziika:
Add 4 to 6 Or rather 4+6 gives you what?

If you know as that your indefinite ban dey sweet me ehn? Chai!!!! grin grin grin.

You go cry taya. I see you're lost of words to say as It's only that age you keep repeating. Bia, you're beginning to sound too monotonous for everyones liking. Biko try another line cos this age shaming thing has become too stale. grin.

Cry me a river hahahahaàaa

3 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by CockPit: 10:42pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:
Some people don't know how to show appreciation and because I come From a home where we were raised with good manners and taught to be grateful for and show appreciation for the littlest things, I always assume and expect everyone to possess such moral values. But it seems majority lack this virtue, reason I acted the way I did today.

There's this butcher i like buying meat from because his is always very tasty and sweet you don't need much seasoning to make your soup and stews but he's always shouting whenever you price his meat. So I just avoid sometimes but when he sees me in the market he'll be hyping me like oyinbo, how far and stuff but when I go to his stand again he'll start shouting if I price.

So, today, as I was approaching the meat section, he started hyping me again saying fine girl, bla bla.. he now said I should tell the woman selling noodles to give him a plate now . I now asked him what size he can finish, he said any size. I now went and placed order for a plate of noodles for him and told the lady to give him when she's done

I got to his stand to buy meat and he cut one tiny piece for me. I told him ah.. customer, it's too small now, please add jara for me, this man started shouting that he's not going to add anything. I said you're shouting, he said he'll shout that he can't add anything to the meat and continued talking so loud that everyone started starring at me.

I picked the meat, paid for it and went to meet the Noodles seller, asked them to package it, paid for it and took it away. I got to the a busy road and saw a Mallam that usually supplies us water anytime theres no light to pump and gave it to him. He was so appreciateful and I felt fulfilled blessing that Aboki than giving it to a rude and saucy butcher.

Did I do wrong?

Did you just say" HIS MEAT IS ALWAYS TASTY"? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:47pm On Feb 09
CockPit:

The cow meat part he sells. Not his own meat.

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by CockPit: 10:47pm On Feb 09
Jewessgratitud3:

The cow meat part he sells. Not his own meat.

OK, I see now. Thanks for clarifying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by muyico(m): 10:55pm On Feb 09
u did wrong! Yoruba adage stated that, Tori iregun LA Fi se ore!
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 11:00pm On Feb 09
muyico:
u did wrong! Yoruba adage stated that, Tori iregun LA Fi se ore!

Well . I'm not Yoruba and my people will never insult you for pricing their wares. They'll only tell you, Nne na money but e no reach instead of shouting and embarrassing somebody.

3 Likes

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Ziika: 11:00pm On Feb 09
cheesy
CockPit:

Hope the loins of the meat seller deflates her bloated tommy.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Mom007(f): 11:06pm On Feb 09
As long as you never branch his table again, even if he is the last meat seller on the planet...

1 Like

Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Jewessgratitud3: 11:09pm On Feb 09
Mom007:
As long as you never branch his table again, even if he is the last meat seller on the planet...

I'll try not to. undecided when I did it for one Alfa for two years I didn't smell his table. Na him come dey beg me at last.
Re: Please Did I Do Any Wrong Here? by Mikespecialone(m): 12:32am On Feb 10
My dear , you’re very very right wink wink smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gift Idea? / Uncle's Affair Is Destroying His Family / To Smoke, Drink And Womanise Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.