Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges (5960 Views)

2018 Road Maintenance Work: We Haven't Received A Dime — Indigenous Contractors / LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos / Photo News: Asphalt Maintenance Work Carried On Lagos Badagry Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Lanrelagboi: 4:36am On Feb 10
… Completes Oke Afa, Inspects Ongoing Works on Kodesoh

In line with its policy on Bridge Maintenance and Management, and global Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) practices, the Lagos State Government has commenced routine maintenance works on pedestrian and Vehicular Bridges in the State.

This was disclosed today by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Infrastructure, Engineer Olufemi Daramola while inspecting the extent of ongoing works on the Kodesoh Bridge in Ikeja Local Government Area of the State. He urged stakeholders to support the contractors on site to ensure timely delivery of the maintenance works.
While reiterating the commitment of the Government to the timely delivery of the project, the Special Adviser said the State Government is not unmindful of the inconvenience the maintenance works would have on commuters.

He, however, appealed for patience and cooperation from the motoring public, saying “The asphaltic work and the replacement of the joints, have been scheduled for completion in about 15 days’’.

Daramola affirmed the Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration’s commitment towards infrastructure upgrade in the State, adding that several bridges have this same type of problem in Lagos. The government of Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is on top of it and they’re scheduled to be attended to in phases. For instance, the Ojota Bridge is one of them, the Asolo Bridge is one of them, and the Oke-Afa Bridge was restored over the weekend.

“In addition to this, there are lots of pedestrian bridges that have problems and the one at Ojodu Berger Bus Stop has been reinstated and it’s going to be a continuous process. However, we are mindful of the locations. For instance, you’re well aware that there’s work going on the Third Mainland Bridge, and we need to, in conjunction with the Ministry of Transportation, ensure that the works we do will not impact negatively on movement”, Daramola affirmed

The Special Adviser promised to give residents and stakeholders the best value in terms of traffic management for the project and also cautioned the contractor to ensure the project was delivered within the time frame earmarked for it.

Daramola revealed that the Government had hitherto announced that the Kodesoh Bridge would not be open to vehicular traffic during the maintenance work. Traffic has been diverted on the Kodesoh Bridge from Sunday, 4th February to Monday, 4th March 2024.

He said the closure was necessitated by the failure of the expansion joints on the bridge, stressing that there are two sections in which the expansion joints are bad and need to be replaced to avoid further deterioration.

The Special Adviser added that other access roads, from Awolowo Way and Oba Akran, inward and outward, are open to Motorists. He further assured that the Traffic Management Personnel will be deployed to the affected route to minimise inconveniences and control traffic flow.
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/lasg-commences-maintenance-work-on-bridges/

6 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by bewla(m): 5:07am On Feb 10
Jump am pas
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by kiyosaki1(m): 5:22am On Feb 10
That's commendable, the traffic will be on another level along the adjoining routes such as police college , oba akran and other close by routes.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Amcor: 7:35am On Feb 10
Good
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:35am On Feb 10
Welcome development...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by fitinwell: 7:38am On Feb 10
Another booming business for state governments

7 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by youngrichnigga: 7:51am On Feb 10
Rehabilitation work on bridges is supposed to be an ongoing activity for the ministry of works in any serious situation but here in Nigeria, it's special and must be publicized because there's an underlying reason for the news in the first place undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Matrix137(m): 7:51am On Feb 10
Okay that's good
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Hez143(m): 7:51am On Feb 10
eko leads!!!
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by ecolime(m): 7:55am On Feb 10
youngrichnigga:
Rehabilitation work on bridges is supposed to be an ongoing activity for the ministry of works in any serious situation but here in Nigeria, it's special and must be publicized because there's an underlying reason for the news in the first place undecided undecided undecided undecided
The publicity is to ensure all residents plan their movements accordingly. It's the right thing to do.

These are major works that will impact flow of traffic for crying out loud. You don't expect road users to be taken unawares.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Itisallright: 7:55am On Feb 10
Nice ideal, they should try and give better contractors so that they will not come back in 3-4 years for another repairs, like the roads that don't last 2 years after repairs...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by PHAYOL81: 7:55am On Feb 10
Great. A proactive measure always have a long sustainable result and saves against avoidable calamity(s).

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE

FOR A GREATER LAGOS STATE

GOD BLESS ALL YORUBALAND

ILE OODUA O NI BAJE O

ecolime:

The publicity is to ensure all residents plan their movements accordingly. It's the right thing to do.

These are major works that will impact flow of traffic for crying out loud. You don't expect road users to be taken unawares.

DON'T mind the !d!ot. He will be the first to complain if he get enroute the bridge only to be told that there's no road (or that the delay they're experiencing is all down to an ongoing maintenance work) IF THE MINISTRY DIDN'T NOTIFY THE POPULACE.
SEE the way he confidently cited developed country like those climes don't always keep their citizens abreast of ongoing developments in their society, especially for travel plan, safety precautions, and public development awareness (because it's their tax and they need to know how it's spent.).

Irony1:

Oga can you just be silent and be a bit sensible. If the PWD is functioning well, there is no need for all this paparazzi, and the governor showing face. PWD can make minimum publicity and it is just that for simple bridge repair works.

HEAR yourself out. DO you mean I should rather keep shut whilst you mislead people? Is that the height of you sensibility? Anyway, now that you've agreed there has to be publicity albeit minimal (like you opined ), I can now proceed to enlighten you that this is an announcement borne out of JUST a commissioner press brief done at his inspection of the repair work. He didn't just wake up one day to announce it. He was briefing the press at the inspection of an ongoing repair work.
BESIDES, with all the inspection, commissioning, and flag offs that the government of H.E Sanwo Olu had done concerning the numerous projects he'd undertaken across different sectors in the state, don't some !D!OTS still claim they're yet to see what he's done in office? Consider if they don't let people know what they're doing, such statement might spur people against the government, especially in a LAGOS where each new infrastructure gets swallowed by the reality of the population SUCH THAT IN NO TIME PEOPLE TENDS TO REALISE/BELIEVE ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH.
WE know you hardly commend the state progressive stride, so let us worry about the consequence of whatsoever action they take (after all, its not your state of origin)and let us be. Just ignore next time instead of trying to enlighten us with NONSENSE. Your state deserves progress too, channel your concern towards her.

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Sheuns(m): 7:58am On Feb 10
Ikeja traffic quadrupled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Customised3(f): 8:07am On Feb 10
Are they making the country look good,when the people inside the country are starving.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by nothingspoil70: 8:07am On Feb 10
hugegirth:
Hello everyone. My name is huge-girth. I'm a penis enlargement coach from matters of size penis enlargement forum. I created this thread to advertise myself and to let you all know that penis enlargement is 100% possible.

Matters of size is a penis enlargement forum in the United States Of America. I happen to be a moderator there. If you have any doubts just Google www.mattersofsize.com

You will see things for yourself. I'm the only known Nigerian there. I've personally enlarged my penis in both length and girth. I went from 6 inches length to 8.5 inches length. And my girth is currently 6 inches which was 5 inches before.

I've been a moderator on matters of size since 2015 till this day. Matters of size belongs to Michael Salvini. He is an Italian American and he is over 55 years of age.

If you are troubled about your penis size, I strongly advice you use my coaching service. Signup on the matterofsize forum and see things for yourself.

Once you signup, search for me. My name there is huge-girth.

Penis enlargement is 100% possible and there are both video and pic proofs on the forum
Abeg go away with your dick.
Ebi npa waoooooooo

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by WINDSOW(m): 8:11am On Feb 10
youngrichnigga:
Keep on nagging like Nagata.

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 8:14am On Feb 10
Traffics com plenty everywhere
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by cardoctor(m): 8:26am On Feb 10
So many people are going to be rendered homeless as a result of this.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by jaxxy(m): 8:28am On Feb 10
ecolime:

there was heavy traffic inward ikeja yesterday because of this unexpected bridge rehabilitation.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by AmazingELixir: 8:35am On Feb 10
I hope the government officials fixing the Ojodu Berger pedestrian bridge, took a little timeout to take a bird's eye view from the bridge on the road median of the Lagos _ Ibadan express way.

That median is undoubtedly the biggest and most grotesque display of open defecation in the planet.

1 Like

Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Dollyak(f): 9:28am On Feb 10
Maintenance culture should be embedded in Nigerians psych. Kudos to Lagos state government
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by bigdammyj: 10:02am On Feb 10
Noted.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by pasol4real(m): 10:57am On Feb 10
Every where you go in Lagos bad roads
This sanwo oolu is a very useless governor
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Irony1: 11:23am On Feb 10
ecolime:

It is a big lie. This one is to score cheap political points and as usual in the eye service fashion to show they are working. If there is a PWD department, the governor need not be there, they can handle it.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Irony1: 11:25am On Feb 10
PHAYOL81:
Great. A proactive measure always have a long sustainable result and saves against avoidable calamity(s).

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE

FOR A GREATER LAGOS STATE

GOD BLESS ALL YORUBALAND

ILE OODUA O NI BAJE O

DON'T mind the !d!ot. He will be the first to complain if he get enroute the bridge only to be told that there's no road (or that the delay they're experiencing)is all down to an ongoing maintenance work IF THE MINISTRY DIDN'T NOTIFY THE POPULACE.
SEE the way he confidently cited developed country like those climes don't always keep their citizens abreast of ongoing developments in their society, especially for travel plan, safety precautions, and public development awareness (because it's their tax and they need to know how it's spent.).

Oga can you just be silent and be a bit sensible. If the PWD is functioning well, there is no need for all this paparazzi, and the governor showing face. PWD can make minimum publicity and it is just that for simple bridge repair works.
Re: LASG Commences Maintenance Work On Bridges by Irony1: 11:26am On Feb 10
jaxxy:

there was heavy traffic inward ikeja yesterday because of this unexpected bridge rehabilitation.

Help me ask that person you are quoting why the public was never informed before the unexpected bridge repair? They keep justifying rubbish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sammie Okposo Arrested In Aberdeen During Honeymoon / Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor / INEC Tightens Guidelines For Party Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.