Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi (25500 Views)

I Won’t Govern Like A Dictator – Fubara / NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News / 'Tinubu Can’t Hold A Teacup’ — Najaatu Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by coputa(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10
Civetcat:
A prodigal son who is unwilling to accept the consequences of her actions.
The policy is working as it is supposed to . People are learning the harsh truth. The party is over. Get up and be productive or waste away trying to benefit from what you didn’t produce .
The same policies are being applied globally but why is Nigeria’s case different?
As someone who left Nigeria for 10 years and came back.The greatest shock was the newly acquired taste in the period I was away.The lacasera ,Omo detergent ,Bourvita ,Gulder , had been replaced by more fashionable imported brands. People I know spend so much on leisure,frivolities and luxury in a way that I cannot comprehend.
Instead of factories and cottage industries,Everywhere is dotted with mosques ,churches, hotels and event centres.
The current polity highlights so many structural issues.

The upper middle class who are supposed to be the engine of the economy only spend on lifestyle; designer clothes, holidays and schools abroad ,expensive cars , beverages and Rolexes.They add little or no value while getting so much out of the system .
Take a look at Alibaba and see all sort of Manufacuring plant and Machineries that are available for sale . Yet we import stuff that add no value .You can probably build to 200 small factories for the price of 100 cars parked in front of a church in Lekki on sunday.

Food security is another one . How did we manage to acquire an unhealthy taste for foreign food like rice which we do not have the geographical advantage to mass produce while ignoring our local food.

Why are citizens protecting the civil service when much of it is simply not adding any value . The salaries of civil servants and politicians consumes much of our national budget.

You've made some valid points here,the nigerian taste for foreign goods were propelled by successive government currupt tendencies.

Nigerians tilted to the body language of the government that institutionalized and legalized curruption

They see government officials living ostentatious livestyle and the citizens want to do same at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Shikini: 5:16pm On Feb 10
Tektronics12:
You Mad!, Cardoso is Very Highly Qualified. Someone who has been the Head of Citi Bank. Cardoso is Qualified to Head Bank of England or America talkless of Nigeria.

It's best make everyone go him way so we go respect each other. Imagine! a Kperogi calling Cardoso names. Mad o!

Olodo, Cardoso was Chairman of Citibank Nigeria ... and so what?

What's the size of Citibank Nigeria?

Do you know that Citibank is the smallest bank in Nigeria with only 13 branches in just a few cities?

Some Micro-Finance banks in Nigeria are bigger than Citibank Nigeria.

Besides, being a bank Chairman does not make him an economic guru. Obviously, he or his family has controlling shares in Citibank Nigeria.

Shebi, Otedola is now Chairman of First Bank Nigeria. Will Thiefņubu make him CBN governor too?

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by FireUpNow(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10
All I can say is that Tinubu did not come to be president for the people, he only became president as a result of ego and pride sake. He is a senator and a governor , now he is president. That's what made him to contest. Nothing you people will talk that man will listen. He just want that history to become the first Nigerians politician to become a senator, governor and president.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Johncuppa(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10
Nvestor02:
Well, Tinubu is really trying in the Aso Rock. His Confidence to remove oil subsidy will forever melt the heart of reasonable Nigerians forever.

Now, He has increased the State allocations by 41percentage and that would surely lead to building of more infrastructure in the country.

We are already seeing the good result of this because there are many federal road and state road under construction. If not the governors that have wounded local govt chairman. The infrastructure would have been taken to the lowest part.

I'm very sure that before March, another Minimum wage would have been implemented, the negotiation is already going on.

If Only Tinubu can now focus on the security and lower it to the minimum, then he will be the best president forever.

Talking about Electricity, Light will be good when Nigerians are ready for it. Vast majority of them don't pay nepa bill.

If they start paying, the Private company that's holding power will invest more and it and make electricity be 24/7.
Just let Tinubu continue like this till aroun may 29 (if people will wait till then) as see what will befall this country.
Sir, this kind of a thing was done in Oyo and Osun by Ajimobi and Aregbesola respectively, they failed.
Nigerian populace are poor, more than some people can imagine. People are not interested in whatever you called amenities when they haven't eaten.
What is the percentage of Nigerians having access to federal money?
What will be the lot of those not collecting salary? How do you want to make up for the hike in their children school fees, transpotation, cost of food etc
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ishilove: 5:40pm On Feb 10
Nvestor02:
Well, Tinubu is really trying in the Aso Rock. His Confidence to remove oil subsidy will forever melt the heart of reasonable Nigerians forever.

Now, He has increased the State allocations by 41percentage and that would surely lead to building of more infrastructure in the country.

We are already seeing the good result of this because there are many federal road and state road under construction. If not the governors that have wounded local govt chairman. The infrastructure would have been taken to the lowest part.

I'm very sure that before March, another Minimum wage would have been implemented, the negotiation is already going on.

If Only Tinubu can now focus on the security and lower it to the minimum, then he will be the best president forever.

Talking about Electricity, Light will be good when Nigerians are ready for it. Vast majority of them don't pay nepa bill.

If they start paying, the Private company that's holding power will invest more and it and make electricity be 24/7.
Don't you people ever get tired of sycophancy?? I mean, seriously??

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by ValarDoharis: 5:40pm On Feb 10
Tinubu has zero cultlike followership!
brain54:
"I know of no CBN governor in my lifetime (until Cardoso) who couldn’t articulate economic policies effortlessly. Even Godwin Emefiele had no difficulty defending his policies. You may question his competence or disagree with his policies, but he could at least clearly formulate thoughts about what he was doing. Cardoso gives me the jitters. Nigeria is in way worse trouble than it realizes with an airhead like that as CBN governor."

This part off me...

Anyway Tinubu also has a cult like following. But not as loyal as Buhari's. Many are beginning to shift loyalty!
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by cucumbar: 5:45pm On Feb 10
Civetcat:
A prodigal son who is unwilling to accept the consequences of her actions.
The policy is working as it is supposed to . People are learning the harsh truth. The party is over. Get up and be productive or waste away trying to benefit from what you didn’t produce .
The same policies are being applied globally but why is Nigeria’s case different?
As someone who left Nigeria for 10 years and came back.The greatest shock was the newly acquired taste in the period I was away.The lacasera ,Omo detergent ,Bourvita ,Gulder , had been replaced by more fashionable imported brands. People I know spend so much on leisure,frivolities and luxury in a way that I cannot comprehend.
Instead of factories and cottage industries,Everywhere is dotted with mosques ,churches, hotels and event centres.
The current polity highlights so many structural issues.

The upper middle class who are supposed to be the engine of the economy only spend on lifestyle; designer clothes, holidays and schools abroad ,expensive cars , beverages and Rolexes.They add little or no value while getting so much out of the system .
Take a look at Alibaba and see all sort of Manufacuring plant and Machineries that are available for sale . Yet we import stuff that add no value .You can probably build to 200 small factories for the price of 100 cars parked in front of a church in Lekki on sunday.

Food security is another one . How did we manage to acquire an unhealthy taste for foreign food like rice which we do not have the geographical advantage to mass produce while ignoring our local food.

Why are citizens protecting the civil service when much of it is simply not adding any value . The salaries of civil servants and politicians consumes much of our national budget.

you lived outside for 10 years but don’t have sense.

I wonder the country you lived in. But let me ask, do they use generators to power their factories?

How come you didn’t talk about government providing an enabling environment for industries to thrive?

You think it’s just coming online to write long nonsense because you want to support this rubbish rudderless government.

You are not wiser than the vast majority complaining.

A lot of animals in human skin on this forum

3 Likes

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Feb 10
Tom1960:
This is what you get when you act on impulse. Tinubu should have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's before removing fuel subsidy. But boom ! Fuel subsidy is gone and now we are facing the negative results. Shame on all clueless Nigerian politicians from top to bottom.
You can't shame the shameless
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by cucumbar: 5:57pm On Feb 10
Winning123:

The only thing you know how to do Kperogi is to pontificate and criticize others. You never offer solution. Now is Olayemi Cardoso, who is next
the guys he’s criticizing said they have solutions, and are actually being paid to solve these issues, so what’s your point?

Stop gaslighting people abeg, make thunder no strike you.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by cucumbar: 6:00pm On Feb 10
Tektronics12:
You Mad!, Cardoso is Very Highly Qualified. Someone who has been the Head of Citi Bank. Cardoso is Qualified to Head Bank of England or America talkless of Nigeria.

It's best make everyone go him way so we go respect each other. Imagine! a Kperogi calling Cardoso names. Mad o!
but he doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing.
Same way you guys were screaming that Tinubu built this and that, but he has only succeeded in destroying Nigeria in 8 months.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by DatNiggaDaz: 6:16pm On Feb 10
CorrectionFLuid:

If you're Igbo, I hope you're not planning to go and join the useless protest?
Do you know the Story of humans being fed by a monster and the monster had nothing more to feed the people, they eventually killed and ate the monster cos they were on the verge of dying of hunger ?

I know you know that Story grin grin grin
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by billagreen(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10
Nvestor02:

Making comment about electricity and you start saying people don't pay, what's there to or not to pay if there is metering system in every house hold and none should be allowed access to electricity without the meter... Simple
And you would agree with me the reason why the meter is not in every home yet is not the inability of the households to purchase it, its because of the dubious activity of the distribution company for a place in Lagos, Ikedc brings Bills to household and the consumption is x3 of those with meter... How does this happens?

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by IfnobeGod20: 6:51pm On Feb 10
CorrectionFLuid:

I hope you won't go and join them. I don't want to see any Igbo name being used as scapegoat and means to tribalize whatever protest you're talking about.

This was how you joined them and brought in APC. Now they have reminded you of your father's name.

If you're planning to join, thunder fire you in advance
Truly I don't expect any Igbo to join any protest for now because they would want to use them as scape goat. I am a Yoruba man, please my Igbo compatriots never join any protest, let the dead bury the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Truvelisback(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10
Comparing the bad with the worse.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Irony1: 7:49pm On Feb 10
Kukutenla:

Scared indeed
Oga stop saying rubbish these guys were scared of Abacha
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutenla: 8:14pm On Feb 10
Irony1:

Oga stop saying rubbish these guys were scared of Abacha
It is you who is saying rubbish
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by paramakina202: 8:15pm On Feb 10
brain54:
"I know of no CBN governor in my lifetime (until Cardoso) who couldn’t articulate economic policies effortlessly. Even Godwin Emefiele had no difficulty defending his policies. You may question his competence or disagree with his policies, but he could at least clearly formulate thoughts about what he was doing. Cardoso gives me the jitters. Nigeria is in way worse trouble than it realizes with an airhead like that as CBN governor."

This part off me...

Anyway Tinubu also has a cult like following. But not as loyal as Buhari's. Many are beginning to shift loyalty!

Nobody actually loves Tinubu not even his wife.He was beaten in Lagos his political stronghold and lost in his native Osun state that is the difference between and Buhari.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by basseeafricana: 9:00pm On Feb 10
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2024/02/hunger-protests-why-tinubu-cant-govern.html
You have said it all. This is Tinubu that claimed to have graduated with first-class from Chicago State University. Tinubu and cardoso are smokers, without brains. I'm telling you that Nigeria is gone. Buhari and his NEPA certificate was better than chief political strategist. I suffered to campaign for this useless old cargo. I regret everything about Tinubu and I curse the periods I use to campaign for him. Obidients, please forgive me too, because u warned us.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by azpekuliar: 9:13pm On Feb 10
brain54:

This part off me...

Stop playing. He has no such cult like following. Someone who lost his state of birth and his adopted base where he has his political base. Could never have happened to Buhari. His so-called cult follower is limited to out-of-school children turned cultists, street thugs and “agebros”. Buhari’s followership straddled both the educated and non-educated classes.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by ArewaNorth: 9:44pm On Feb 10
Kukutenla:

Your first lie is that Buhari did worse in 2019 in the North than 2015. That's a big lie. Go and check your stats again.
Second no analyst every predicted Atiku to beat Buhari in the North. Except maybe PDP's analysts
Tinubu lost Lagos because lagosians don't vote along tribal or religious lines unlike the Muslim North. Why would the Muslim North divide their votes majorly among the three Muslim candidates? Simple. They vote asking tribal and religious lines!!

Fucking liar! Who do u think u can deceive by saying Lagosians don't vote based on tribe.
We all saw and witnessed who voted against Tinubu and how people were beaten, harassed, have their votes snatched for voting other tribe candidate.
Who are the 3 Muslim candidates? Beside Kano can u show me a single state that Kwankwaso got reasonable votes?
Atiku has always been doing well despite losing elections.
If not because u are daft I just presented the results and how North (particular North-West) voted for TINUBU than South-West and you still have the gut to deny it. Nonsense!
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by 946mofolorunsho: 10:24pm On Feb 10
From the horses mouth.APC is eeV!l.From the horses mouth.APC is eeV!l....

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutenla: 10:46pm On Feb 10
ArewaNorth:

Fucking liar! Who do u think u can deceive by saying Lagosians don't vote based on tribe.
We all saw and witnessed who voted against Tinubu and how people were beaten, harassed, have their votes snatched for voting other tribe candidate.
Who are the 3 Muslim candidates? Beside Kano can u show me a single state that Kwankwaso got reasonable votes?
Atiku has always been doing well despite losing elections.
If not because u are daft I just presented the results and how North (particular North-West) voted for TINUBU than South-West and you still have the gut to deny it. Nonsense!
Don't go mad trying to make silly points
Lagos did not vote based on tribe. You can tear yourself to pieces based on that na your wahala.
Atiku has never done well in the North until last year. You lie too much and even bombastic about it. You need to rest with your tomfoolery
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Prodigy777(m): 12:57am On Feb 11
Said everything only to say nothing lol
Faiththatworks:
Thanks very much Oga kperogi for the wonderful suggestions in this article.
I appreciate Oga kperogi for not going back to the need to reintroduce Petrol Subsidy,most of his articles used to always criticize the removal of Fuel subsidy,but I appreciate him for going past that suggestion,and instead proffering solutions to the hardship in Nigeria.
I have always said Nairaland should be the bastion of intellectual discourse online in Nigeria.
Nairaland should be a forum where Government officials resort to when they are trying to assess the mood and tension on what's going on all over the country.
Back to the topic,Oga kperogi has chipped in his own opinion,which is affordable and subsided Transportation in these hard times and I really believe Government should look at his suggestions.
I want to call on The Government of Lagos state to please go to subsiding The BRT buses all over the state,I know they tried a lot last year especially during the campaigns but I believe this is the best time to reintroduce the subsidy,that will really help the citizens in this crushing times.
I end by saying this,last week I read an article about the free fall of the Naira on Nairaland,and I was amazed at the wonderful suggestions made by some patriotic Nigerians.
I was suprised there are still very very intelligent people on this platform,God bless you,I really hope we keep proffering Solutions to the Problem of Nigeria instead of this unending complains,I know there's hardship but Now is the time to offer solutions and not join the bandwagon.
Nigeria must be great again, Asiwaju will be there for the next 3 years, we owe it to Nigeria to make sure it comes out better not worse under him.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by ArewaNorth: 3:22am On Feb 11
Kukutenla:

Don't go mad trying to make silly points
Lagos did not vote based on tribe. You can tear yourself to pieces based on that na your wahala.
Atiku has never done well in the North until last year. You lie too much and even bombastic about it. You need to rest with your tomfoolery

Still did Atiku get more votes from the North than Tinubu?

You are shameless liar, those who voted Peter Obi are largely not Yorubas and we have seen how they were attacked and stereotyped and such barbaric incident against other tribes during election happened for the first time in the hisy of this Nation in Lagos in 2023 election.
Many international media houses reported the cases of ballot box snatching, attacks on IG is for the fear of them voting for their choice and we have seen how some tribal groups are even warned and threatened to leave Lagos for their zone. You just consume what media tell you. Isn't the attached picture above not carrying the actual results for you to see the election performance.
Somebody who was rejected in the state of his birth and the state he adopted and governed have the gut to accuse others of not voting for him, what an absurd opinion!
You just live your life in your comfort zone. We go round the Nation and have first hand experience of each and every state of Nigeria.
People are neither slave nor mannequin that you expect all of them to vote for your candidate just because he came from the same party with their son.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Oyinbo1886: 3:29am On Feb 11
The topic should have been shortened to "Why Tinubu can't govern"...period! The NGN has reached 1,500 per USD, fuel prices, school fees, and food prices have gone up, and STILL people sing his praises?? History has proven time and time again that when the rich oppress the masses of the poor, all of the money in the world won't save them from the wrath of the people. I would not be surprised if he met the same fate as Balewa.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by didymario7(m): 3:34am On Feb 11
Asswipemod:

Hoebee will never be president

I agree with you, Nigeria does not deserve him.
Re: Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Asswipemod: 3:58am On Feb 11
didymario7:

I agree with you, Nigeria does not deserve him.

And who the hell is he? Another demagogue you have manufactured for your region since Kanu has not gained his freedom, of course. Clowns everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu In Multimillion Naira Contracts Scandal / Doctors, Nurses Will Be Our Agents At Polling Units – Labour Party / 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.