Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,505 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations (393 Views)

5,000,000 Jews And The God :is The Israelites God Powerless / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Mayntheemaynn: 7:21pm On Feb 13
barbaric people defending the action of their barbaric god.
Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by KingNom(m): 12:24am On Apr 13
Contriman:
and you know all this because god told you?

They're all there in the Bible and God proves the Bible to be true through the various signs and miracles that His children, the Christians especially Pastors do in our day!

Thank you for asking smiley
Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Apr 13
KingNom:
The Question
Reading the Bible at times, you'd ask:
'if God is loving and kind, why did He instruct the Israelites to kill their enemies, women and children especially? Is this the trademark of a Merciful Loving God as Christians preach today?'
The Answer
From the Book of Genesis, we understand that the fallen angels took human ladies as wives with their offspring becoming giants and wicked people. This caused wickedness to spread so wide and deep on the earth that God destroyed everything with the flood except Noah and those with him in the ark. Genesis 6,7
After the flood, these evil angels and their offspring continued polluting the human race by marrying/sleeping with women, reason God set Abraham and his kids aside so as to preserve a pure human race through which the Saviour Jesus would come to save God's Creation. Genesis 12
I am afraid there is no real truth to pretty much your beginning statements there. Contrary to popular religious belief, there is no correlation in the passage below between the sons of God taking the daughters of men for wives and the proliferation of evil among the sons of men at that time. undecided
1-4 The number of people on earth continued to increase. When these people had daughters, the sons of God saw how beautiful they were. So they chose the women they wanted. They married them, and the women had their children.
Then the Lord said, “People are only human. I will not let my Spirit be troubled by them forever. I will let them live only 120 years.”
During this time and also later, the Nephilim people lived in the land. They have been famous as powerful soldiers since ancient times.
5 The Lord saw that the people on the earth were very evil. He saw that they thought only about evil things all the time.
6 The Lord was sorry that he had made people on the earth. It made him very sad in his heart.
7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy all the people I created on the earth. I will destroy every person and every animal and everything that crawls on the earth. And I will destroy all the birds in the air, because I am sorry that I have made them.”
8 But Noah pleased the Lord. - Genesis 6 vs 1 - 8
Neither is there any direct connection made by God to suggest any such anywhere else in Scripture. undecided

Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Apr 13
Nvestor02:
God should have handle the solution from the sources. How did so call fallen angels come to this world self... No he God plan? You people cannot think 🤔
What "fallen angels"? undecided

Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Apr 13
KingNom:
■ Kindly understand that 1. God had put the earth under man's control as per tenancy agreement (between the landlord; God & his tenant; man), hence there are principles He keeps concerning interference
2. The angels before their fall were entrusted with responsibilities by God as watchers over areas of the world and other things, hence they broke their trust and perverted much of God's creation
Stop propagating what are narratives born of lies. Again, look at what is written and compare it to the tales you spew... what fallen angels? undecided

Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Apr 13
Lasgidi90:
Stop feeding us with lies. I thought the demon offsprings all died with the flood.
What demon offspring? Rather, what is recorded is that their children who turned out mighty men at the time turned out no different from the rest of the people of the time... they were people, and people at that time were all wicked. undecided

Re: Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Apr 13
KingNom:
∆ They're all there in the Bible and God proves the Bible to be true through the various signs and miracles that His children, the Christians especially Pastors do in our day!
Thank you for asking smiley
But nothing you said corresponds with that infact written in Scripture. You merely regurgitated the script fed to you from the mouths of your religious leaders. What Scripture says is entirely different from all that religious nonsense. 🙄

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Issue On Our Service To God / The Loving God / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.