Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land (363 Views)

Presidential Amnesty Administrator, Otuaro Pays Courtesy Visit To COAS, Lagbaja / Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ / Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by GlobalNews2020: 1:44pm On Feb 10
Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land

There is palpable fear, confusion, and tension in Lagos as some soldiers led by one Captain Sulaimon allegedly grabbed some acres of land forcefully from the rightful owners.

Family sources who squealed to us alleged that land grabbers connived with some soldiers from the engineering department of the Epe Command to harass, intimidate and oppress some land owners who acquired them from the Oyebola Royal Family along Epe Ketu Itokin road in Lagos.

According to our sources, they allegedly possessed about 1000 acres of land forcefully and claimed the land belonged to the Nigerian army dating years back. Sadly, aside name dropping the good name of General Lagbaja, they also brutalised passersby.

One of the family sources who spoke to us, Alhaja Atinuke appealed to the Nigerian Army and especially Lt. General Lagbaja to come to their rescue as his boys are perpetrating serious crimes in that axis using the Nigerian army as a cover up to work for land grabbers who has allegedly promised them over 100 acres of land at the end of the unholy acquisition.

“please help us. General Lagbaja should come to our aid. These soldiers are intimidating us. We have the documents of the land and didn't sell anything to any army. They are also name dropping with his name to harass and intimidate us. They have forcefully acquired our land from us. They came in last year saying the land belonged to them and they didn't buy any land from us at all. From our land they snatched over 600 acres.The soldiers are still there now,

When we contacted Captain Sulaimon, he denied it saying it's fallacy and that the army is an institution and he can't speak for the army as he is under authority.

We called the army spokesperson, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu he neither picked call nor respond to our message for clarifications.

Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by VeryWickedMan: 1:50pm On Feb 10
If the soldiers are from Benin then leave it for them because it belongs to Benin.

1 Like

Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by Kafirbigot: 1:54pm On Feb 10
Captain Sulaimon.....the slayer of MANDATE ranters...

Remeber.....

NOTHING LIKE SOUTHERN UNITY cheesy

GlobalNews2020:
Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land

There is palpable fear, confusion, and tension in Lagos as some soldiers led by one Captain Sulaimon allegedly grabbed some acres of land forcefully from the rightful owners.

Family sources who squealed to us alleged that land grabbers connived with some soldiers from the engineering department of the Epe Command to harass, intimidate and oppress some land owners who acquired them from the Oyebola Royal Family along Epe Ketu Itokin road in Lagos.

According to our sources, they allegedly possessed about 1000 acres of land forcefully and claimed the land belonged to the Nigerian army dating years back. Sadly, aside name dropping the good name of General Lagbaja, they also brutalised passersby.

One of the family sources who spoke to us, Alhaja Atinuke appealed to the Nigerian Army and especially Lt. General Lagbaja to come to their rescue as his boys are perpetrating serious crimes in that axis using the Nigerian army as a cover up to work for land grabbers who has allegedly promised them over 100 acres of land at the end of the unholy acquisition.

“please help us. General Lagbaja should come to our aid. These soldiers are intimidating us. We have the documents of the land and didn't sell anything to any army. They are also name dropping with his name to harass and intimidate us. They have forcefully acquired our land from us. They came in last year saying the land belonged to them and they didn't buy any land from us at all. From our land they snatched over 600 acres.The soldiers are still there now,

When we contacted Captain Sulaimon, he denied it saying it's fallacy and that the army is an institution and he can't speak for the army as he is under authority.

We called the army spokesperson, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu he neither picked call nor respond to our message for clarifications.
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by Kenochi(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10
This matter has been going on since last year,I got information that soldiers invaded the community and sent a lot of people packing from the property
The issue from what I gathered was that the military claimed that the Land was given to them by the Military Government of Olusegun Obasaanjo in 1978,the military have their records and they know where their land starts and ends
They claim that over the years, people were just encroaching on the Land but they are back to claim what is theirs

I seriously advise everyone who has property around the location to tread carefully because I believe that the Land in question is very much
Also,this is the Right time for the military headquarters to give a press statement to douse the tension around the location

Always use a Registered Land Surveyor for your Land transactions to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by yommen: 2:34pm On Feb 10
I don't think the soldiers have an idea of why the then Epe cantonment became LASU campus today. Yoruba self too quiet Olohun..
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by Biodun556(m): 8:35am On Apr 02
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by Christistruth00: 8:51am On Apr 02
Kenochi:
This matter has been going on since last year,I got information that soldiers invaded the community and sent a lot of people packing from the property
The issue from what I gathered was that the military claimed that the Land was given to them by the Military Government of Olusegun Obasaanjo in 1978,the military have their records and they know where their land starts and ends
They claim that over the years, people were just encroaching on the Land but they are back to claim what is theirs

I seriously advise everyone who has property around the location to tread carefully because I believe that the Land in question is very much
Also,this is the Right time for the military headquarters to give a press statement to douse the tension around the location

Always use a Registered Land Surveyor for your Land transactions to avoid stories that touch

There is a case like that that went to the supreme courts and the Supreme Court ordered the land be returned back to the original owners
The Military Government had forcefully acquired the land in the 1980s

Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by helinues: 8:54am On Apr 02
Go to court if you have all the right documents for your properties.

Make una stop all this wolf crying
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by SalamRushdie: 8:56am On Apr 02
I am aware Nigerian army has large land in Epe, for years the Army warned people not to buy their land from omoniles but people no gree hear
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by HenryWilliams(m): 9:08am On Apr 02
yommen:
I don't think the soldiers have an idea of why the then Epe cantonment became LASU campus today. Yoruba self too quiet Olohun..

I guess it's time to restart that process once again.
Everything no be gragra and gun..
Some battle are won silently.
Let the enemy destroy itself while you sit and watch
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by Donaldoni: 9:09am On Apr 02
They should go to court...
Re: Land Owners Cry Out To COAS As Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Epe Land by olisaEze(m): 9:10am On Apr 02
They said someone should coman save them, lol! Shuo, na only on top Igbo people ona dey get power? Let dem cry to Obasa, so he can move his bulldozers there to goan bulldoze the army men from there kia-kia!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu: A Failed Political Trial Taken Too Far, By Kolawole Ojo / Updates On Federal Pyschiatric Hospitals Being Constructed In The SE / OBJ's Father Was An Igbo Police Officer So He Supported Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.