Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo (20575 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / Pregnant RCCG Youth Leader Dies In An Auto Crash, Five Months After Her Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by greenermodels: 8:16am On Feb 11
And this is one of the reasons young educated Nigerians keeps leaving the country in droves.

1 Like

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Lanre1st(m): 8:16am On Feb 11
It's for you ma
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Tunjikam(m): 8:17am On Feb 11
Madam subscribe for enough data it won't cos you much, then connect it to your smart Tv, no need to waste money on fuel, if there is no electricity supply continue watching it on your phone and if your phone battery is low make use of power bank.

Learn more on how to cut your spending grin grin cheesy grin grin
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/watching-afcon-final-live-will-cost-me-five-months-salaries-law-professor/
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Caleb15(m): 8:17am On Feb 11
Eze bu ilo "A KING IS ONLY KNOWN OUTSIDE"
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by clockwisereport: 8:17am On Feb 11
Nazgul:
As a professor of law who as been in practice for decades, and a SAN, she can't tell me that she relies solely on her salary for survival.

For starters she should have her own Chambers, with young lawyers working there. She's should use her position as a Prof to get closer to politicians so her Chambers can be contracted to represent them.

I still find it very difficult to believe that a woman of her status depends totally on her salary.
prof Ezeilo of wacol don try abeg. two-time commisioner in enugu state,she has helped so many women in distress through her wacol, nurtured so many young lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by eldoradoxx: 8:17am On Feb 11
Nazgul:
As a professor of law who as been in practice for decades, and a SAN, she can't tell me that she relies solely on her salary for survival.

For starters she should have her own Chambers, with young lawyers working there. She's should use her position as a Prof to get closer to politicians so her Chambers can be contracted to represent them.

I still find it very difficult to believe that a woman of her status depends totally on her salary.
She spoke as a professor in the Nigerian university. She is showing you guys how miserable the salaries of lecturers in Nigeria have become. Remember two weeks ago, Obi met another lecturer who said that his salary that was over 2 thousands dollars before Nigeria became afflicted with APC Government in 2015 is now earning just above 200 dollars.
So leave Prof's earnings as SAN or other sources, she is a lecturer and presented the plight of the academics in Nigerian

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by essentialone(m): 8:18am On Feb 11
One way ticket Lagos to Abidjan is N555,300 as at now now in Air Peace Economy Class.

Or is it round ticket?

Or is it Business Class?

Explain better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Biodun556(m): 8:18am On Feb 11
Sit down and watch it from the comfort of your home 🏠
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Adeneeyee84: 8:18am On Feb 11
Edusouls:
Una never see something, in 8years time for people that would still be alive , the world would be a gulag
Book of lamentations
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Balkan(m): 8:18am On Feb 11
Pk
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Feb 11
It's not compulsory to watch AFCON final!

Cut your coat accordingly!

That amount you dey earn monthly na the yearly remuneration of some!

And na inside the same economy we all dey!

You are able to buy fuel tow watch AFCON on TV with DSTV.

Some are using 500 data to watch on Android!
Some dey go beer parlour watch am free!
Some dey go viewing centre pay N200!
And some just dey check scores or wait for highlights!

Everyone get level!

4 Likes

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Ewedegubbler: 8:19am On Feb 11
Are you not one of the election rigging professors ?

2m shouldn’t be a problem if u are doing election work
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by BarrElChapo(m): 8:19am On Feb 11
Nazgul:

The message is clear, Lecturers are underpaid. Also there is something known as academic SANs i.e. lawyers elevated to the rank not cos of their courtroom heroics but cos of the academic excellence e.g. Prof Sagay and a host of others, you may want to find that out before talking about politicians briefs.

1 Like

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by MisfitHPG: 8:19am On Feb 11
NuCypher:
A sad reflection of the Nigerian society. A Professor of Law on the last professional step does not even earn as much as a graduate trainee in Mobil or Shell, and you expect Nigeria to do any better? This is joke!
my dad is a professor and he ears 330k,despite years of sweat to attain that position,this country is really really bad
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:20am On Feb 11
Nazgul:

And that's how you people keep promoting corruption. This country CAN NEVER get better with men like you in it.

3 Likes

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by adioolayi(m): 8:20am On Feb 11
That's how terrible Naira is as of now...

Somehow, I believe it will be better...around #800 to a dollar is feasible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Tunjikam(m): 8:21am On Feb 11
SAN Prof ma, just subscribe for enough data it won't cos you much, then connect it to your smart Tv, no need to waste money on fuel, if there is no electricity supply continue watching it on your phone and if your phone battery is low make use of power bank.

Learn more on how to cut your spending grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by tefund(m): 8:21am On Feb 11
Scholace:
we were even throwing food away during Jonathan government. Nigerians enjoyed under Jonathan government
I tell you,come wedding ground every Saturday come see abandoned cooked rice ,salad and chicken aplenty,it is so sad
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by AVECDEO: 8:21am On Feb 11
Nazgul:

To what end is your simpleton aversion. The learned silk is deploring economic realities and you're lecturing her on how to live and organise her life. Go and study sarcasm 101.

1 Like

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Ojemedad: 8:22am On Feb 11
Eriokanmi:
Why didn't you go by road earlier and enjoy your money in hotel ahead of the tournament?

You reason like archaic man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by stepaside1: 8:22am On Feb 11
Eriokanmi:
Why didn't you go by road earlier and enjoy your money in hotel ahead of the tournament?
Don't mind the Prof. It is law of demand and supply. Many Nigerians will want to go and watch the match hence demand that far outstrips supply. The consequence is increased airfares. Same during peak and rush periods. I thought the Prof will know this and stop trying to do notice-me.

The options like you said are either go by road (much more cheaper) or watch at home with 1 month dstv premium subscription.

You will be shocked how much these Profs make from their side hustles enabled by the same academic environment they frequently like to abuse. Imagine Prof still hoping to get salaries paid for the 8 months they were on strike? Who does that? What of the students who lost one year due to that strike or those whose life journeys were altered? Who fights for them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by adesegun121(m): 8:24am On Feb 11
Haakeem:
are you jealous sir🙄
Of what jare
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Jayhome24: 8:24am On Feb 11
Professor of propaganda. Madam no need to go to Abidjan to watch the game stay in your house and watch it or forget about it, it is not a must to go to Abidjan so pls meshionu biko.

No pain no gain if you all think your propaganda and ungovernable tactics you are using against your own country simply because one package fraud from my region lost election sorry it won't work, Tinubu as president from the South will spend 8 years in power you see that curse laid on Southern Nigeria that made us to used our mouths and hands pushed Jonathan out of power will never repeat itself never again.

Professor of lie and jargon watch the game in your House or forget it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by dabongys: 8:24am On Feb 11
Nazgul:

You may be right...but it still doesn't change the fact that it would cost a Nigeria University Professor five times his salary to go watch the AFCON finals. That's the basic message she is trying to pass here.
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by sukkot: 8:24am On Feb 11
essentialone:
One way ticket Lagos to Abidjan is N555,300 as at now now in Air Peace Economy Class.

Or is it round ticket?

Or is it Business Class?

Explain better.
her travel agent wan chop 1.5million on her head grin grin grin grin grin grin 419 agent

1 Like

Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Donedeal1(m): 8:24am On Feb 11
Every things you do just to drag the government.

Professor what happened to handout, handover and handoff etc

That you are collecting.
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by israelmao(m): 8:24am On Feb 11
It's not a must to go and watch the match in Abidjan many Nigerian are putting their thinking cap on now and cutting cost.Even she can still afford it let her look around for the hungry families around her and donate that money she would've used as flight ticket to them and they'll be grateful and God in heaven will reward her.
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Whiteways: 8:25am On Feb 11
Now we all know there was no hunger during Goodluck Jonathan era. We actually thought there was dough.
Jokerman:
You can insult Good Luck Jonathan all you want because you are a hypocrite. But nobody protested of hunger during his time 😂
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by clockwisereport: 8:25am On Feb 11
Caleb15:
Eze bu ilo "A KING IS ONLY KNOWN OUTSIDE"
ilo here means enemies/adversaries. Kingship brings forth adversaries
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by essentialone(m): 8:26am On Feb 11
sukkot:
her travel agent wan chop 1.5million on her head grin grin grin grin grin grin 419 agent

These things are simple. Why pay an Agent to book flight ticket for you? If it is Visa, I can say Ok. Cos that can be a bit complicated for the novices. But haba, not for flight ticket naa.
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by Skillsnigeria: 8:26am On Feb 11
grin
Re: Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo by sukkot: 8:26am On Feb 11
MisfitHPG:
my dad is a professor and he ears 330k,despite years of sweat to attain that position,this country is really really bad
am sure he sells handouts to students undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

25 Minutes Blackout At A Nigerian Airport / Gridlock As Fuel Tanker Catches Fire On Otedola Bridge / My New Year Visit To Osun-osogbo Sacred Grove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.