Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS (11981 Views)

Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections / Buhari Ungrateful After I Spent N35 Billion To Make Him President - Tinubu / Buhari Ungrateful After I Spent N35 Billion To Make Him President- Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by talk2hb1(m): 7:17am On Feb 11
35Billion Small Ooo
From almost 2 Trillion Naira

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by essentialone(m): 7:18am On Feb 11
brain54:
35 billion...

These people are making money from Nigeria Sha.

Money they repatriate to their country.

I doubt they make that much money In South Africa. Or any other country for that matter. (I will check for data on this) And the thing is they are always complaining of how difficult it is to do business in Nigeria. Hiking prices at the slightest opportunity.

It's a shame Nigeria do not have an indigenous cable TV provider.

Nigerian business men... Are you sleeping?

Not all of them are sleeping. Some are on Nairaland just asking questions.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by AntiChristian: 7:26am On Feb 11
No be small money o!
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Khastro(m): 7:30am On Feb 11
brain54:
35 billion...

I doubt they make that much money In South Africa.
And this 35b is the amount they reached on agreement oh. The actual figures are higher going by today's FX
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by almayda: 7:40am On Feb 11
Its a shame?on who?cable satellites are owned by individual,couldn't you have provided one for Nigeira?instead of expecting someone else to do it.
brain54:
35 billion...

I doubt they make that much money In South Africa. Or any other country for that matter. (I will check for data on this) And the thing is they are always complaining of how difficult it is to do business in Nigeria. Hiking prices at the slightest opportunity.

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Satazaa: 7:41am On Feb 11
Probity100:
It is still peanut compared to what they get monthly from subscriptions.
For example if 1,000,000 subscribers from offices and companies pay 25k for subscriptions that's 25B naira...
Let's take a kook at household's for the smallest subscriptions of 2,500....say about 10m homes in Nigeria that's another 25B naira...minimum.

They will be making up to 100B naira monthly.......

oga this your beer parlour calculation dey make me laff, they make this, they make that, but you did not factor in the humongous cost of doing business in Nigeria which you have to solely dund on your own, cost of capital, remunerations, insurance, logistics, rent, advert and the payments for the TV rights they beam to you, and you are just quoting billions they make, oga quit being intellectually lazy

4 Likes

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by jcflex(m): 7:45am On Feb 11
Debater:
The only 3 things wey I go talk be say:

1. Omo ₦35B no be small money chai
2. Make una dey patronise Nigerian companies
3. DsTV dey mad, dem just dey increase money anyhow
Happy Sunday

We patronise Nigeria business, the ownner of the business go still carry the money go abroad go spend am.
Example: Albert Wigwe, nobody pray or wish him death.
Many of our top CEOs and founder.

For me, either Nigeria or foreign own businesses, all na still the same.
The profit will not be spend in this country.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Franking: 7:51am On Feb 11
Another price increment on the horizon.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by yhemsy62(m): 7:54am On Feb 11
Imagine how this people ripping us in our country. Not even in their country of birth do they make such money

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by duduade: 7:56am On Feb 11
FinidiGeorge:

Shey they will still not increase it as payback for this 35 billion as I dey see am so?

I don already think am ....and na sure banker

1 Like

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by kazma1010(m): 7:58am On Feb 11
We want pay per view
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by kazma1010(m): 8:06am On Feb 11
After playing this 35b they say they want to incriz there moni yeye people, WE WANT PAR VIEW if we thay can do dat dat we b ok for Nigerian
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by BarrElChapo(m): 8:10am On Feb 11
brain54:
35 billion...

lol. Only if Sky or these international broadcasters are interested in doing business in Nigeria, then maybe other than that Dstv has a firm grip on subsaharan Africa.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Originalsly: 8:15am On Feb 11
Why did the FG allow them to default for so long? What was the agreement? Not only should they pay up but they should also be fined. If they were to pay N1000 in 2021 which was about US$2.50 .... and have now agreed to pay the N1000 .... which is about US$0.75 .... who gains? They are paying less than half of what they owed. A fine would've made up for this. Companies will continue to evade as long as the Naira continues diving... it will be to their benefit.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by EconomistXplain: 8:29am On Feb 11
funnily, they waitedfor the naira to crash, den agreed to pay the huge sum... meaning, the sum is a chicken change with the diring Naira
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Donedeal1(m): 8:38am On Feb 11
35billion,
Can you imagine how many of such organizations that are just taking away

Without giving anything

Other than just coins to the officials?

PBAT is working.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Meteng: 10:09am On Feb 11
Tantamount to an increase in subscription fee for their customers
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by citygarden(m): 10:13am On Feb 11
That Tstv is the most useless cable network .
They scammed Nigerian with pay per watch. They are not ready to do business. The customers base is there for them but they don't want to invest in their business.
Wisedove:

Which one are we having in Nigeria?
I ditched DsTV and Gotv to buy TSTV. guess what, TSTV don leave me comot just the way i leave multichoice
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Care4: 10:23am On Feb 11
Unfortunately, Nigerians will not see the impact of the paid money. Alooter continuer.
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by FinidiGeorge: 11:00am On Feb 11
duduade:

I don already think am ....and na sure banker
Kai, haba mana... Shege banza grin cheesy we don enter am grin
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by blowjohn(m): 11:33am On Feb 11
brain54:
35 billion...

The average Nigerian business man wid rather open hotels, Plazas, clubs and restaurants or go into oil and gas business

They don't just have the patience to be creative or innovative
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by Easybet1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11
Probity100:
It is still peanut compared to what they get monthly from subscriptions.
For example if 1,000,000 subscribers from offices and companies pay 25k for subscriptions that's 25B naira...
Let's take a kook at household's for the smallest subscriptions of 2,500....say about 10m homes in Nigeria that's another 25B naira...minimum.

They will be making up to 100B naira monthly.......

if it is easy, start your own Na... You are quick to give quack calculation of their income and you forget about the expenses for a month... Won't they pay salary? Do you have an idea of how much fuel they consume monthly? Do you have an idea what the tv right they paid for is? Govt will also collect from it as tax and you without 10k in your account is calling 35B chicken change ...smh
Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by MSesan: 12:49pm On Feb 11
Vinnie2000:

Multi-Choice are Trying honestly.

The Economy of this Bulaba govt is NOT friendly to both small and Large scale businesses. sad

But why did They go off air in that Super Eagles vs South Africa match,
when Their Player was about to Play his Penalty

Is not only them go off air I think it's all South African company goes off air, even MTN data went off that day grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tax Dispute: Multichoice Agrees To Pay N35 Billion To FIRS by BALLOSKI: 5:50am On Feb 12
From 1trillion to 35B? Who don collect kickback to help them achieve this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hardship: 80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / Nigeria Retains Third Most Attractive Investment Destination In Africa / Troops Neutralize Six Terrorists, Arrest Others In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.