Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag (24087 Views)

Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag / Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations / Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by torqque7(m): 9:23am On Feb 11
Azzik:

Why are they complaining....I can bet with my life that if election is tomorrow they will still troop out in Mass to vote APC .
The irony of it because you are very correct and I have said it a million times because if with what buhari did these sheep's still went to vote ApC then it means they have no hope and sheep is smarter than them..infact they are dumber than chickens..just give them another chance and still watch them vote APC or sell their votes at polling units for a pack of rice or 2k..poverty is the cause and that's why I hope all those poor who caused this should all die of extreme poverty before the next election so that the people left with sense can salvage what is left of this country.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by ceejay80s(m): 9:25am On Feb 11
SmallDick99:
Someone should pls help me with 1k
Really important please

Opay
Please please
Thank you
Urs plenty
Someone should help me with #500
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by omojeesu(m): 9:26am On Feb 11
Here are 24 cogent reasons why You should Urgently Start Airtime Business:

1) Airtime is essential, very essential. Everybody needs it like food and water!
2) It is a billion $ business all over the world!
3) There's too much money in Airtime Business. Ask MTN, GLO, etc!
4) The Banks have gone viral with Airtime Business! Take a cue from the Banks!
5) Airtime is available all the time! It is never scarce!
6) Millions & billions of people load airtime & data every second, every minute, every hour & everyday!
7). New people are buying phones!
cool Many have more than one sim card!
9) It is easy and convinient to do!
10) No physical products to carry!
11) No need to travel to collect physical products!
12) No need of physical space!
13) Your phone is your "office" & "shop"*!
14) No monthly autoship to pay!
15) No rent to pay!
16) No staff salary to pay!
17) It is done everywhere you go!
18) You don't need to hawk products!
19) Can be done in the comfort of your home and at your leisure anytime you choose!
20) You earn high passive incomes in many different ways as bonuses, commissions, etc!
21) The Business is legit!
22) The Business is low risk!
23) No certificate required!
24) The Business is low-entry! Start-up is low to very low!
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Akalia(m): 9:26am On Feb 11
I think economic sabotage is contributing to the high cost of food stuff.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Savedday2: 9:27am On Feb 11
What is all these fuse about? Food is cost in other countries than Nigeria.

Infact, Army should shoot at sight anyone constituting nuisance anywhere around the country.

Now they know hunger know no tribe nor religion.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by cucumbar: 9:29am On Feb 11
Abudu2000:
bro do not downtalk buhari time he did his best for this country. Terms of security, electricity i give it to buhari. Yes there was sometimes there wasn’t light but the wealth distribution ensured that everyone was able to at least afford the basics of living. Food was affordable and accessible to everyone, everyone had something to eat each and everyday of their life. The worse thing that can happen to a country is not having food to eat. Even some neighboring countries are so poor eg Cameroon that has no resources but you don’t hear them because at least they have supplus food to eat.
Bros, because it was better for you during Buhari’s time doesn’t mean Buhari wasn’t a failure.

How can you say Buhari’s government was good in terms of security?

Are you just looking for something to write or what?

In case you don’t know, it is bettering for some others under this administration as well.

Tinubu is only making it worse like he promised.

Buhari was a complete failure. Stop saying what is not.

3 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by oyeb15: 9:29am On Feb 11
Tinubu is a plague that INEC brought on Nigerians and cemented by our Corrupt Judiciary

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by 4Play(m): 9:30am On Feb 11
The official inflation figure from the National Bureau Statistics is a lie. My guess is that inflation has gone far higher than captured in the data as naira depreciation gathered pace amplified by the reduction of fuel subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by freshvine(f): 9:31am On Feb 11
Tinubu government will favour me and my family.

.........Agbadorians

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by NaijaCover(m): 9:31am On Feb 11
Hmmmmmm
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by SPAMBOX7: 9:36am On Feb 11
silverkings:
We no warn una?? We did but we were called unprintable names.... Enjoy your renewed hope.

This morning I bought Three crown milk for 700naira...... I didn’t shout, I paid and moved on. I said in my heart, Thank God that I can afford it. Thank God I can take care of myself in this hyperinflation.

May God save people and provide for people who voted against this calamity but if you voted Tinubu.... Suffering and pain will be ur portion.... Ndị mgbu
Same here cheesy
Their minds go dey

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by SPAMBOX7: 9:38am On Feb 11
sweetkev:
You people will not believe how exciting it is to the government/politicians seeing you people suffering and complaining bitterly. They don't just care about you but your stupidity would not let you know this.
The government understands that they are foolish. Nobody cares about a foolish person, but only how they can use them to their advantage. That's what the government keep doing to Nigerians. That's why come 2027 they will still come up with more lies and the fools will fall for it. Cos that's what they are good at; being foolish and gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Saintinoo(m): 9:44am On Feb 11
Catapault:

Obi said he would remove subsidies “”ON DAY ONE” if he became president.

As did Atiku.

It is the same subsidy removal that has led to high inflation.

So please shush.

They are ALL THE SAME.

Show mW where Obi said he will remove subsidy on day one. Now I agree that you guys are actually brainless.

4 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Luu40: 9:52am On Feb 11
burp18:
There's so many things at play. Subsidy removal s responsible for most of the increments we are experiencing the day. There are other factors. Alot of people are deliberately hoarding food and nigeria to a not food sufficient. We are not farming enough and the little that's available becomes an overpriced. If this government doesn't do a thing about this. This will eventually lead to protest that's to going to spiral out of control tge authorities are not going to be able to contain

In Argungu, Kebbi State - my town. There hasn't been sugar in the market for almost three days now. There are rumours that a businessman not so far from our street has hoarded more than two trailers of it since last year or two. He bought it at say less than ₦30,000. Now its about ₦77,000 and yet its still in his store while people can't even see it to buy.

4 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Udoboss(m): 9:55am On Feb 11
silverkings:
We no warn una?? We did but we were called unprintable names.... Enjoy your renewed hope.

This morning I bought Three crown milk for 700naira...... I didn’t shout, I paid and moved on. I said in my heart, Thank God that I can afford it. Thank God I can take care of myself in this hyperinflation.

May God save people and provide for people who voted against this calamity but if you voted Tinubu.... Suffering and pain will be ur portion.... Ndị mgbu

When my wife told me that the bag of a rice is 72k last week... ....I was heart broken but said thank God I could afford it

5 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Lomprico2: 9:55am On Feb 11
chigoziri2403:
Tackle bandits stopping farmers having access to their produce

That's not the cause of this hike

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Kinzo0917(m): 10:06am On Feb 11
God1000:
What exactly is happening under Tinubu?

We've never had it this bad

I am from the South/south. My mind keep telling me Tinubu will do well

But I am becoming afraid now

The increase in prices of goods and services changes upto 3 times in the market daily.

What you bought in the morning, when you go back to the same market in the afternoon, d price has changed

Tinubu need to wake up from his slumber. People are suffering. Is not like workers salary has been increased. 35k was never paid

I am beginning to be disappointed 😞 with Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by bizzibodi(m): 10:08am On Feb 11
The people who cause this food crises is d government,we all remember last year they bought all d foodstuffs: rice, beans,garri to share freely for Xmas...most of them where hoarded by d politicians & sold to d people in peace meal,even terrorists cannot let people harvest their crops.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Nigeriakan: 10:13am On Feb 11
Tinubu is just plain wicked and heartless. A leader who cares would have opened borders months ago. Let rice and other foodstuffs be loaded into the country.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by newoffer: 10:16am On Feb 11
Poverty is a good tool for the politicians. To impoverish the people is one great...
sweetkev:
You people will not believe how exciting it is to the government/politicians seeing you people suffering and complaining bitterly. They don't just care about you but your stupidity would not let you know this.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RepoMan007: 10:17am On Feb 11
iwaeda:
Under 'corruption" of PDP rice was N7k, but now the price have increased more than 1000% ( One thousand percent) in less than 10 years. We warned, a man that have no certificate can not produce any good fruit. They will tell you he built Lagos, when he empowered omo onile, oba, kabiyesi, bale, agberos to STEAL and defraud people. grin grin grin grin grin angry
your type specializes in attributing all negative trends to what you do not like or want.

Things were also deteriorating under PDP if you recall. The difference is the rate so stop sounding half smart.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by yongg: 10:19am On Feb 11
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RepoMan007: 10:23am On Feb 11
Nigeriakan:
Tinubu is just plain wicked and heartless. A leader who cares would have opened borders months ago. Let rice and other foodstuffs be loaded into the country.
that will mean more people looking for dollar and forex to go out and buy food.
It will definitely weaken the naira and still bring about expensive local food or net export of scarce food as we are seeing.

The only way out is local production which we have allowed to suffer so much. The local food can be purchased by the govt too to beat foreigners to it and improve its chances of healthy storage.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by lexy2014: 10:23am On Feb 11
God1000:
What exactly is happening under Tinubu?

We've never had it this bad

what a question.

were you expecting things to be any better under Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by eldoradoxx: 10:24am On Feb 11
There is a common pattern beween 2015 election that brought Buhari's failed government and 2023 election that brought Tinubu's failing government. In the two elections people who warned Nigerians that electing these two persons as President will lead to the collapse of the economy were termed all sorts of names. Any dissenting voice was either termed IPO, wailers or Igbos (whether or not you were igbo in origin once you didn't want Buhari or Tinubu as President). It was as if these are the only group of people who genuinely saw the truth and spoke out. The consequences of two election circles now in Nigeria have proved that those who warned Nigerians against Buhari and Tinubu presidency were way smarter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by lexy2014: 10:25am On Feb 11
RepoMan007:
your type specializes in attributing all negative trends to what you do not like or want.

Things were also deteriorating under PDP if you recall. The difference is the rate so stop sounding half smart.

you ended up corroborating what he said.

you "The difference is the rate". what is the difference in the rate compared with PDP era and APC era?

if you say that he "specializes in attributing all negative trends to what you do not like or want", since you like APC, what trend are you going to attribute to it based on the current situation of things?

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by eldoradoxx: 10:25am On Feb 11
RepoMan007:

It never deteriorated that this level, never ever. There were price increments but never at the rate we are experiencing now.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RepoMan007: 10:26am On Feb 11
Kinzo0917:

I am from the South/south. My mind keep telling me Tinubu will do well

But I am becoming afraid now

The increase in prices of goods and services changes upto 3 times in the market daily.

What you bought in the morning, when you go back to the same market in the afternoon, d price has changed

Tinubu need to wake up from his slumber. People are suffering. Is not like workers salary has been increased. 35k was never paid

I am beginning to be disappointed 😞 with Tinubu
he is more concerned about AFCON final game. The man has next to nothing to offer us.
Just look at how Lagos is so so disorganized and see that the man is not a role model that can inspire orderliness in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RepoMan007: 10:27am On Feb 11
eldoradoxx:

It never deteriorated that this level, never ever. There were price increments but never at the rate we are experiencing now.
was it deteriorating? If yes please don't bother replying me.
If no, have a nice day.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RepoMan007: 10:29am On Feb 11
lexy2014:

you ended up corroborating what he said.

you "The difference is the rate". what is the difference in the rate compared with PDP era and APC era?

if you say that he "specializes in attributing all negative trends to what you do not like or want", since you like APC, what trend are you going to attribute to it based on the current situation of things?
Keep replying to your imaginations. I have no time for foolish assumptions of APC and PDP if LP.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Calitoscassius(m): 10:30am On Feb 11
Tifnubu till 2031, Jagaban is working!! grin

Heobi must suffer!
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by lexy2014: 10:30am On Feb 11
RepoMan007:
that will mean more people looking for dollar and forex to go out and buy food.
It will definitely weaken the naira and still bring about expensive local food or net export of scarce food as we are seeing.

The only way out is local production which we have allowed to suffer so much. The local food can be purchased by the govt too to beat foreigners to it and improve its chances of healthy storage.

pls how much food does the UAE produce?

does it not import almost all the things it consumes?

how come a dollar is just 4Dirham despite the fact that they import everything?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Expose: Jonathan In Another $1.1billion Oil Scandal - Efcc / It’s Wrong To Exclude South East From NASS Leadership, Says Yakassai / FG Speaks On Rex Tillerson Sack After Visiting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.