Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag (24022 Views)

Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag / Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations / Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by starstaz(m): 11:57am On Feb 11
Tinubu! U overfucked up.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by zedegit: 12:11pm On Feb 11
burp18:
There's so many things at play. Subsidy removal s responsible for most of the increments we are experiencing the day. There are other factors. Alot of people are deliberately hoarding food and nigeria to a not food sufficient. We are not farming enough and the little that's available becomes an overpriced. If this government doesn't do a thing about this. This will eventually lead to protest that's to going to spiral out of control tge authorities are not going to be able to contain

You no mention insecurity, banditry and kidnapping.

Farmers dey suffer for Kaduna, Benue and other states dem.

To plant wahala, to harvest wahala.

But una media no go ever talk that one.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by azikiweironsi(m): 12:25pm On Feb 11
Liars. Throwing out lies for people to catch on . A 50kg of Rice that I bought was #42,000 and not this outrageous lies to continue to attack anybody.
#42k a bag is expensive but not all this nonsense lies.
A 25kg of palm oil is even around #25k now of you know the source. I still bought a bunch of plantain at #1500 in a main market day not all these retailers who come to sell you two pieces of plantain for #1000 and tell you na government and dollar.
Sit down there and be shouting on top of your voice blaming Govt and not go out there and make bargains on a market day.
Nigerians waiting for Mannas from the sky.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Eunoiaa(f): 12:26pm On Feb 11
DissTroy:
Please! When it gets most decisive and if it's balloting day tomorrow, a bulk of those groaning would vote and campaign for the worst candidates on the ballots fueled by ethnoreligious sentiments.

This is what I have to keep reminding myself everyday and putting a lid on my empathy. grin

Yes. When it comes to Nigeria, my empathy is very politicized.

Even if Tinubu was going to rig in an election conducted today, if he knew that the people were 100% against him, he'll be afraid to do so. But the 5% minority that keeps supporting him will embolden him and muddy the waters and never let us successfully revolt.

If worse comes to worst, they'll tell them that it is foreigners in the land that are sharing our resources with us and not making food go round, so the foreigners should go back to hometowns. Meanwhile, even if all non-indigenes should go back to their states, it'll never ever translate into wealth ownership for the majority of their supporters. Like one asthmatic ediot that was frolicking in a PJ with Dayo Israel and co. during the campaigns, only for elections to finish and he went back to begging for money for inhaler on Twitter. They fought dirty on Twitter and made a lot of enemies, being political jobbers and hoping they get compensated by Tinubu's government. Both the ones on Nairaland and then ones on Twitter, I don't think any of were given any post.

If Buhari was not enough to teach people a lesson, nobody else will ever be enough. Will should all continue like this, please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Goddyrichie(m): 12:32pm On Feb 11
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/citizens-groan-as-rice-hits-n77000-per-bag/
but I don’t Understand why Yoruba are complaining even though Hoe much I love Yoruba so much cuz of my mom but I hate them this last election just few of them though cuz some of them are reasonable people I was so surprised last year before d election that a whole imam and some other alfas were discussing about d election in d mosque saying it’s Muslim turn calling Peter obi Obidient a whole imam o and Alfa not even outside inside d mosque I was so shock that day even my neighbor that we live together a man in his 50s saying it’s Yoruba and Muslim turn forgetting he have 5 kids now complaining last week that a one rubber of paint is 2500 naira I just curse him 4 my mind but he’s a nice man though
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by planetx: 12:32pm On Feb 11
Abudu2000:
bro do not downtalk buhari time he did his best for this country. Terms of security, electricity i give it to buhari. Yes there was sometimes there wasn’t light but the wealth distribution ensured that everyone was able to at least afford the basics of living. Food was affordable and accessible to everyone, everyone had something to eat each and everyday of their life. The worse thing that can happen to a country is not having food to eat. Even some neighboring countries are so poor eg Cameroon that has no resources but you don’t hear them because at least they have supplus food to eat.
You must be a joker to write this nonsense praising that failure called Buhari, security was good and food was avoidable and accessible under Buhari indeed, I don't know what planet you were living in and whether you just woke up from a coma.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by yemmywesey(m): 12:34pm On Feb 11
President good luck Jonathan, please come back we missed you
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11
burp18:
There's so many things at play. Subsidy removal s responsible for most of the increments we are experiencing the day. There are other factors. Alot of people are deliberately hoarding food and nigeria to a not food sufficient. We are not farming enough and the little that's available becomes an overpriced. If this government doesn't do a thing about this. This will eventually lead to protest that's to going to spiral out of control tge authorities are not going to be able to contain

You forgot to mention the closure of land borders to food and other items since the tenure of Buhari which Tinubu also continues with. You can't even transport 1 bag of rice within Nigeria without you getting into a serious problem with custom.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Eunoiaa(f): 12:37pm On Feb 11
Tsolutionifede:
shut up an illiterate fellow, your that didn't conduct election for 7yrs and doctors 13months strike. Is that one a human being

This is one of them here. grin grin

Yes. Don't mind those people o. We don't care how hard things get, Obi is definitely learning a finger-biting.

2027 is still for Tinubu all the wayy.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Greenfusion: 12:40pm On Feb 11
israelmao:
This is not true,Punch just used that catchy headline to attract readers,I have read through earlier before you broke the news on this forum.Emilokan and his cohorts should act fast before Nigerians react revolutionarily.
Nor be by catchy headline ...go market go buy Rice u go know weda them lie or not...simple
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Achoghim: 12:40pm On Feb 11
”Nah statistics we go chop?”
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Greenfusion: 12:42pm On Feb 11
azikiweironsi:
Liars. Throwing out lies for people to catch on . A 50kg of Rice that I bought was #42,000 and not this outrageous lies to continue to attack anybody.
#42k a bag is expensive but not all this nonsense lies.
A 25kg of palm oil is even around #25k now of you know the source. I still bought a bunch of plantain at #1500 in a main market day not all these retailers who come to sell you two pieces of plantain for #1000 and tell you na government and dollar.
Sit down there and be shouting on top of your voice blaming Govt and not go out there and make bargains on a market day.
Nigerians waiting for Mannas from the sky.
u are funny, can the whole nigeria go to d village market.....
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Evans20: 1:00pm On Feb 11
Wickedness angry
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11
Goddyrichie:
but I don’t Understand why Yoruba are complaining even though Hoe much I love Yoruba so much cuz of my mom but I hate them this last election just few of them though cuz some of them are reasonable people I was so surprised last year before d election that a whole imam and some other alfas were discussing about d election in d mosque saying it’s Muslim turn calling Peter obi Obidient a whole imam o and Alfa not even outside inside d mosque I was so shock that day even my neighbor that we live together a man in his 50s saying it’s Yoruba and Muslim turn forgetting he have 5 kids now complaining last week that a one rubber of paint is 2500 naira I just curse him 4 my mind but he’s a nice man though

You are just saying trash and I will respond to you on two points.
One. It was imam and your neighbour that played tribal card, they were not candidates. But your own man, Obi, the candidate played religious card and he was caught on tape. Look at that!
And two. Percentage of Igbo voters who voted for Obi was higher than the percentage of Yoruba voters who voted for Tinubu. What did that make you guys? Hypocrites
And again, didn't Obi vowed to remove the subsidy too?
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by ufuosman(m): 1:07pm On Feb 11
Tinubu no show love
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Dybala11(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11
iwaeda:
Under 'corruption" of PDP rice was N7k, but now the price have increased more than 1000% ( One thousand percent) in less than 10 years. We warned, a man that have no certificate can not produce any good fruit. They will tell you he built Lagos, when he empowered omo onile, oba, kabiyesi, bale, agberos to STEAL and defraud people. grin grin grin grin grin angry
Tinubu's problem isn't due to lack of a certificate. Dude is a John Snow and too controversial.
Meanwhile, one billion has been earmarked for a certain committee set up to review the minimum wage. This corruption will favour me and my family. 😂😂😂😂
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Kingbuhari(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11
burp18:
why not open the border and encourage importation since we are not food sufficient... Don't worry I know where I will get it more cheaper in Taiwan or Thailand, as for sourcing of Dollars for the importations don't worry I will not source it from Nigeria.. open all the seaport let's flood Nigeria with enough food

Dumb people
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Dybala11(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11
wethebest:
Lets see hw many yoruba and northerners miscreants dat was shouting emilokun can afford it. Even if na 1m, Ibo and south south men go buy am chop
Dey play, the effect of bad government policies affect all irrespective of tribe or gender.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Boldideas: 1:41pm On Feb 11
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/citizens-groan-as-rice-hits-n77000-per-bag/

When they were beheading rice farmers under Bihari was any arrest made under that incompetent man? How is this Tinubu problems? When Buhari's family members were sending people away from their farms and killing them without any arrest made, what were you guys thinking will happen?

Until we wipe out those his family members called bandit that hr brought into this country to outst Goodluck Jonathan, we ain't see nothing yet.

At least Tinubu has wiped out more kidnappers and bandits in his short rule than Bihari's eight years rule.

Am sure you heard Katsina state government crying like a baby some days ago, and Buhari is in that state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by RexTramadol1: 1:41pm On Feb 11
This is crazy
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Jlow2: 1:41pm On Feb 11
It will be 100k before next harvest , he wanted legitimacy recognition from world band and imf , he removed subsidy and floated naira, where re the foreign investors, who will invest where there is no security, people te kidnapped and killed everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Musauzor(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11
Tinubu, a useless man voted in by useless people.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Jeje247: 2:00pm On Feb 11
Indomie Belleful is chasing 1000 like Usain bolt. At least 250 have been added to the initial price of 600 in the last one week.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by ValarDoharis: 2:01pm On Feb 11
Tinubu is not president because he was voted in, No! He was rigged in by the establishment through INEC and ratified by the judiciary.
It wasn't because of what Nigerians did, heck, even the Supreme Court violated the constitution because of him
Brendaniel:
We warned them about Tinubu, they didn't listen - Tinubu was the worst candidate in the entire list of all presidential candidates - The red flags were just too much for any person not to see

1 Like

Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by CodeTemplar: 2:01pm On Feb 11
Boldideas:

When they were beheading rice farmers under Bihari was any arrest made under that incompetent man? How is this Tinubu problems? When Buhari's family members were sending people away from their farms and killing them without any arrest made, what were you guys thinking will happen?

Until we wipe out those his family members called bandit that hr brought into this country to outst Goodluck Jonathan, we ain't see nothing yet.

At least Tinubu has wiped out more kidnappers and bandits in his short rule than Bihari's eight years rule.

Am sure you heard Katsina state government crying like a baby some days ago, and Buhari is in that state.
There was one specific incidents where they beheaded dozens of them close to Maiduguri. After govt realized the mess up can't be easily remedied with propaganda, they skillfully denied the identity of the victims.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Everydaylove: 2:04pm On Feb 11
LOOOOOL.. Tinubu till 2098.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Anatolia: 2:11pm On Feb 11
With all this suffering, watch if election come again, they will still vote Tinubu. Irredeemable foolish people. Nigerians deserve what they are getting. We cannot continue to make bad decisions and expect good results.
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Anatolia: 2:13pm On Feb 11
ValarDoharis:
Tinubu is not president because he was voted in, No! He was rigged in by the establishment through INEC and ratified by the judiciary.
It wasn't because of what Nigerians did, heck, even the Supreme Court violated the constitution because of him

Do you want to tell me people didn’t vote massively for him in the South West and Core north?
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by Anatolia: 2:15pm On Feb 11
When people fail to learn their lessons, the future is very bleak:
Re: Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag by ValarDoharis: 2:20pm On Feb 11
They did not,infact, he came a distant 3rd.

Why do you think IREV was shutdown?
Anatolia:

Do you want to tell me people didn’t vote massively for him in the South West and Core north?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi / EFCC Traces Properties To Dudafa (Lagos & Bayelsa Properties) / Buhari To Return Soon, To Celebrate Eid-el-kabir In Abuja - Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.